- Dutch-style cycle lane planned for Manchester's Oxford Road in major revamp1 year 10 weeks agoI wish the people who promise
I wish the people who promise a "European" cycling experience would go to Munich or Frankfurt and ask the engineers there why they are phasing out these old and completely useless designs in favour of new ones like marking new on-road lanes, or designating quiet parallel streets as "bicycle streets" where all other traffic gives way to bikes. Even without zombie pedestrians and wrong-way zombie cyclists on mobile phones etc., the capacity of a lane like this is not adequate for mass cycling.
- Team Sky's Bradley Wiggins admits he's been struggling at Giro with chest infection1 year 10 weeks agoI reckon he'll be caning the
I reckon he'll be caning the Lemsips and next week, when he is feeling better, will come out and smash it!
- Cinelli to launch Hobo steel all-rounder1 year 10 weeks agoIt climbs trees! I want a
It climbs trees! I want a bike that climbs trees!
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks ago1 FARRAR Tyler Garmin -
1 FARRAR Tyler Garmin - Sharp 30 3:14:09
2 HANSON Ken Team Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies 18 ,,
3 MEERSMAN Gianni Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 12 ,,
4 BOECKMANS Kris Vacansoleil - DCM 7 ,,
5 SAGAN Peter Cannondale Pro Cycling Team 4 ,,
6 MATTHEWS Michael Orica GreenEDGE 3 ,,
7 HUSHOVD Thor BMC Racing Team 2 ,,
8 CHAVANEL Sylvain Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 1 ,,
9 VENNELL Jeremy Bissel Pro Cycling ,,
10 STUYVEN Jasper Bontrager Cycling Team ,,
11 BOIVIN Guillaume Cannondale Pro Cycling Team ,,
12 VOSS Paul Team NetApp – Endura ,,
13 DEMPSTER Zakkari Team NetApp – Endura ,,
14 DEIGNAN Philip UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis ,,
15 MøRKøV Michael Team Saxo-Tinkoff ,,
16 MCCARTHY Jay Team Saxo-Tinkoff ,,
17 PUTT Tanner Bontrager Cycling Team ,,
18 SCHORN Daniel Team NetApp – Endura ,,
19 VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC Racing Team ,,
20 PIMENTA COSTA MENDES José Joao Team NetApp – Endura ,
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks ago3,5,6 for both teams from top
3,5,6 for both teams from top 10.
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoNo podium for me today,
No podium for me today, 1,3,4,5,6
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoWig_Billy wrote:AnotherWig_Billy wrote:
Another podium badge. I like this race.
Damn didn't realise you had Hanson too!!!
At least bringing in Farrar worked
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoAnother podium badge. I like
Another podium badge. I like this race.
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoTop
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoThink I got 1,3,5,6 for
Think I got 1,3,5,6 for standard
3,5,6 purist, not great
- Giro Prize Suggestion1 year 10 weeks agoenrique wrote:...I guess itenrique wrote:
...I guess it would probably take a miracle for anyone playing Standard to win in this scenario....
I stand corrected. 11 Stages in and these are the highest ranking Standard Players in the Giro overall competition...
3 petiagos petiagos 1155
4 Pharmacie Roulant Jonas Lorenzen 1144 2
5 Eyeballs Out richardk9 1135
6 Mountain Renegade tony kappler 1127 2
7 Gilbert and Sullivan Gilbert and Sullivan 1124
8 karlake2 karlake2 1122 3
9 ZACATON anita 1115
10 Indurains lungs Samacollins 1105 7
11 rock n rouleurs matanhale 1099 8
12 Team Velosive Sebbe87 1094 4
12= Rangaedge Rangaedge 1094 11
14 Team Sky Blue NeilG83 1092 8
15 mischelka mischelka 1086 5
15= Hinaults Uno Hinaults Uno 1086 3
17 Eds Ripley Riders Eds Ripley Riders 1084 11
18 Guybrush Threepwood 2MeterPeter 1083
19 ProVelo ricycle 1080 4
20 pclark007 pclark007 1076 12
21 Got Milk TheDoctor 1074 5
21= CPT RACERS KIEF77 1074 7
23 Lampre-LSD ewen 1073 4
24 Polski Grifter Club PolishDave 1072 9
25 Klefbet.com kleff 1071 1
- Dutch-style cycle lane planned for Manchester's Oxford Road in major revamp1 year 10 weeks agoIf there are no cars just
If there are no cars just buses and the odd taxi I will be happy to cruise up the middle of the lane. So any 'Dutch' lane is a waste of space to me.
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 10 weeks agodrheaton wrote:
I assume itsdrheaton wrote:
I assume its a function of you having Giacampo Caruso. I threw all the info into a spreadsheet and its quite possible that your most recent score includes Damiano Caruso by accident.
I did it at work so don't have the spreadsheet to hand but I'll check it and update scores in the morning.
Don't worry about it, just saw it and wondered is all, don't go too far out of your way just to satisfy my desire to not quite be last.
- Going to Italy to see Giro1 year 10 weeks agoHi thanks for the response,
Hi thanks for the response, what about before the stage starts? I'm assuming roads are open for bikes as you see thousands of spectators at the side along the route with bikes etc. More interested about the time trial day and if the public can ride the TT course in the morning before the pros go out? Any ideas anybody? Cheers
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 111 year 10 weeks agoHow come Veuchelen only got 7
How come Veuchelen only got 7 points? shouldn't he get some for sprint 1?
- Sheffield Cycle Jumble1 year 10 weeks agoInfo at
- Bikes like the pros ride (but slightly more affordable*) from Bianchi, Merida, Focus, Lapierre, Scott and BMC1 year 10 weeks agoRaleigh wrote:Cervelo S1?
i just had a quick look to see how many times you've mentioned the S1 in comments. It's 11.
funny, seems like more
- Bikes like the pros ride (but slightly more affordable*) from Bianchi, Merida, Focus, Lapierre, Scott and BMC1 year 10 weeks agoCervelo S1?
- Bikes like the pros ride (but slightly more affordable*) from Bianchi, Merida, Focus, Lapierre, Scott and BMC1 year 10 weeks agoThese features always draw
These features always draw out the pedants and the clever clogs, don't they.
- Rain Jacket1 year 10 weeks agoSportful Hot
Sportful Hot Pack
- RaceWare Direct Garmin 200/500 bar mount1 year 10 weeks agoGood on them. They're
Good on them. They're definitely getting their money's worth out of their MakerBot!! Material cost - $48/kg from Makerbot's website, plus $2900 for the printer itself. I'd wager you'd get an awful lot of these out of a kilogram of material. Some quick maths and they're in profit at about 78 units. SWEET.
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoS2
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoNice one Baldwin, sweep up
Nice one Baldwin, sweep up those points for me
- Tour Of California Stage 41 year 10 weeks agoM1
- Slow down or else! Sustrans warns cyclists1 year 10 weeks agoMr Agreeable wrote:I hate itMr Agreeable wrote:
I hate it when people draw a false equivalence between irresponsible behaviour on bikes and in cars. A dickhead on a bike is a dickhead, a dickhead in a car is a potential killer.
Careful...you're in great danger of Making Sense™
I nominate Mr Agreeable for Comment Of The Year.