- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoI guess 1,3,4,11,16 will have
I guess 1,3,4,11,16 will have to do
Ratto the let down
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoMy purist team is delighted,
My purist team is delighted, but this way NOT the top 20 I expected to see today
1 Daniel MORENO FERNANDEZ ESP KAT 32 4:37:47
2 Fabian CANCELLARA SUI RLT 32 +0
3 Michael MATTHEWS AUS OGE 23 +0
4 Gianni MEERSMAN BEL OPQ 28 +0
5 Bauke MOLLEMA NED BEL 27 +0
6 Edvald BOASSON HAGEN NOR SKY 26 +0
7 Rinaldo NOCENTINI ITA ALM 36 +0
8 Warren BARGUIL FRA ARG 22 +0
9 Sergio Luis HENAO MONTOYA COL SKY 26 +0
10 Nicolas ROCHE IRL TST 29 +0
11 Alejandro VALVERDE BELMONTE ESP MOV 33 +0
12 Georg PREIDLER AUT ARG 23 +0
13 Grega BOLE SLO VCD 28 +0
14 Serge PAUWELS BEL OPQ 30 +0
15 Joaquin RODRIGUEZ OLIVER ESP KAT 34 +0
16 Vincenzo NIBALI ITA AST 29 +0
17 Anthony ROUX FRA FDJ 26 +0
18 Ivan SANTAROMITA ITA BMC 29 +0
19 Roman KREUZIGER CZE TST 27 +0
20 Luis Leon SANCHEZ GIL ESP BEL 30 +
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoHa! 2,3,4,6 but dropped 1 and
Ha! 2,3,4,6 but dropped 1 and 9. Gotta love this game.
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoAt least I had Moreno not
At least I had Moreno not much else though
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoMoreno gets it! I dropped him
Moreno gets it! I dropped him this morning. Think I did OK apart from that though!
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks agoThe point is that despite
The point is that despite Amazon basing their warehouse at the town, the job security is crap, people are on zero hour contracts, feel overworked and put upon.
Or should they just be grateful for a shit job?
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoMoreno, my Purist team is
Moreno, my Purist team is happy
- Suggestions/requests for the 2014 season1 year 8 weeks agochrisdstripes wrote:Badgeschrisdstripes wrote:
Badges are fun - it would be nice if we could see at-a-glance what the highest number was for each badge (eg if I have 10 "high roller" badges and I click on that, it would tell me that the most anyone has is, say, 27 - so I can see how good or otherwise my total is). Or I guess I could just look at Wig_Billy's profile!
Yea I like the idea of a leaderboard for each badge, that way it gives you an incentive to move up those as well.
Possibly a badge for top 5/6 riders in a stage, like Wig_Billy had the other day, double podium.
- Woman 'steals' bike back after spotting it for sale on internet1 year 8 weeks agoIt reminded me of an incident
It reminded me of an incident I had 4 years ago. A friend of mine came to visit and he left his bicycle at the front of my house unlocked. Within 15 minutes someone stole it but we didn't call the police as the bike was way too old and cheap to matter. Afterwards we went for a coffee in the city center and as we were walking the thief appeared in front of us holding the bike (actually it broke down on the way)! Truth be told, we took the bike back, we smacked him a couple of times and we let him go
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoThat climb looked
That climb looked unbelievable, how there wasn't more trouble with such a large group of them going up it together I dont know.
What gearing would they have used for that climb?
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks agoin Cambridge, we get the
in Cambridge, we get the gumbies posting on the local news sit moaning that city centre parking is too expensive, yet the car parks all fill up at the weekends...
- Eurobike 2013 preview: Predictions and trends1 year 8 weeks agoI'm hoping we'll see more
I'm hoping we'll see more gearbox systems like the pinion (only not so expensive). hub gears are all well and good but the sensible thing to do with all that weight is to bolt it to the frame close to the centre of gravity, not stick it in the rear wheel. if only we had an accepted standard for a mount for a gearbox bottom bracket and more people working on it
- Eurobike 2013 preview: Predictions and trends1 year 8 weeks agoit's just 300 pictures of the
it's just 300 pictures of the same sandwich. we survive on press room freebies
- Eurobike 2013 preview: Predictions and trends1 year 8 weeks agoExpect to see: lots of photos
Expect to see: lots of photos of bikes and bits related to bikes.
Want to see: road.cc staff gastronomic photo diary
- Going ultralight, help identifying a 5.2kg beauty1 year 8 weeks agoDefinitely. If I could afford
Definitely. If I could afford to, I'd love to upgrade my wheels and groupset, but then I'd get annoyed whenever somebody overtook me on a worse bike - might motivate me to cycle harder though!
- Eurobike 2013 Day 0 randoms - Giant, Surly, Minoura, Continental, Bont, Vaude1 year 8 weeks ago' .....and a custom colour
' .....and a custom colour program for the Vaypor and Vaypor Plus shoes that offers you the choice of 14 colours on any part of the shoes, so you can change the panels, piping, logos, even the stitching to express your own taste.' Or lack of taste
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks agoCars and traffic are what
Cars and traffic are what have killed the high street, not a lack of parking. There are numerous examples in the UK alone where closing areas to traffic has increased trade. There are also several studies showing that pedestrians and cyclists spend more at local shops than motorists do.
Eric Pickles' agenda will drive more people to large chains and out of town centres.
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks ago@Simon: indeed, potholes and
@Simon: indeed, potholes and everything. Needs more yarnbombing though
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks agoPickles does have a point.
Pickles does have a point. Around here, fairly recent implementation of parking fees I small rural towns has harmed the small shops that we doing Ok. The local council is also losing money by charging and subbing out the parking contact!
Equally Sustrans are living in their own world. Again around here, no car based travel is not an option, the buses being so infrequent and expensive. Shopping locally also means paying or arking!
- Vuelta - Stage 41 year 8 weeks agoIt looks hillier than usual
It looks hillier than usual for a 'flat' stage, so I am already regretting bring in Andy Fenn and Leigh Howard. Shudda gone for Zulbeldia...I need to at some point.
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks agozanf wrote:colinth wrote:Izanf wrote:colinth wrote:
I also doubt the people who work at amazon would agree that there's no community benefit
Many in the town, however, have mixed feelings. They are grateful for the jobs Amazon has created but they are also sad and angry about the quality of them. Timothy Jones, a barrister and parish councillor, summed up the mood. “I very much want them to stay, but equally I would like some of the worst employment practices to end.”
Not sure what the point is there, it's a demanding place to work ? Probably, but the dole is a lot more demanding
- Branson vs Pickles – Virgin boss wants towns for people, minister wants them for cars1 year 8 weeks agoQuote:
Eric Pickles, Communities Secretary, says it is time to do away with “draconian” parking policies, bollards and speed humps that he claims stop people visiting high street shops.
To be fair to Pickles, he's likely to have been told this by representatives of local business. Its the local those people who are out of touch.
In a recent article I read about my town's redevelopment, the council said that the town needed more parking, as that's what the local businesses said was their highest priority. Thing is, there are already 1400 bays in council car parks according to council website. When you take into account private car parks (Waitrose, M&S, Tesco, not to mention loads of small ones eg I know at least 5 pubs with car parks) this is probably 2000 parking bays. This is in a town with 30,000 residents. If you put 5 people in a car, then a third of the entire population can park in the town centre at the same time.
- Lance Armstrong settles £1 million Sunday Times lawsuit1 year 8 weeks agojarredscycling wrote:You havejarredscycling wrote:
You have to hate Lance more for "How" he did it rather than what he did. How can you sit in a courtroom and sue someone for Libel knowing that they told the truth?
Agreed. I don't care that he doped really, it's the rest of it.
But to be honest... what other option did he have? In his position he couldn't allow the "libel" to stand, or it would have been tantamount to an admission.
- Take your exercise bike to the pool with the new Aqua Cycling craze1 year 8 weeks agoRidiculous. You don't need
Ridiculous. You don't need 'extra support' once you've been on a bike for a few hours a week because your core holds you up.
- Going ultralight, help identifying a 5.2kg beauty1 year 8 weeks agoSo it is true, haters DO have
So it is true, haters DO have to hate. Why they bother to sign up is the real question.