• Carbon frame life1 year 5 weeks agoNot being funny guys but

    Not being funny guys but fighter jets are made from glued composites and they will see many more fatigue cycles than a carbon bike frame, if it's a decent brand and you don't crash it then life shouldn't be an issue.

  • Joe's No Flats Yellow Gel Innertube Sealant1 year 5 weeks agoSlime?

    Slime?

  • Joe's No Flats Yellow Gel Innertube Sealant1 year 5 weeks agoSlime?

    Slime?

  • Prizes for tour de Suisse1 year 5 weeks agoYou will get a nice, warm

    You will get a nice, warm buff. Well played.

  • Prizes for tour de Suisse1 year 5 weeks agoIf you are entitled to a

    If you are entitled to a prize it comes up on your homepage. 1,2,3 overall plus a stage winner plus purist overall winner.

  • TdS stage 91 year 5 weeks ago13th place for me. Close but

    13th place for me. Close but no cigar.

  • Motorist who stopped to help cyclist is deliberately rammed by another driver1 year 5 weeks agoTedC wrote:Not sure how you

    TedC wrote:
    Not sure how you can have "attempted manslaughter" - either you tried to kill them or you didn't.

    The difference between murder and manslaughter is often a matter of intent. A road rager can do something that may very well kill someone, but the intent was to hurt the other party. There was no calculated plan to murder, just rage. So that makes it manslaughter.

    I just hope they actually charge him for that. Given the fact that a motorist was attacked, rather than a cyclist, that should improve the change he actually gets charged. After all, a motorist is a real person...in the courts.

  • Motorist who stopped to help cyclist is deliberately rammed by another driver1 year 5 weeks agoSame thing happened in

    Same thing happened in Leicestershire, a silver BMW running cyclist of the road at speed, no charges due to insufficient evidence.

  • Riding Giants1 year 5 weeks agoLooking good... living the

    Looking good... living the dream there matey

  • Riis: Sky making "huge mistake" if Wiggins left out of Tour team1 year 5 weeks agoroad slapper wrote:I would

    road slapper wrote:
    I would imagine with less than 2 weeks (now) to the start of the tour, Riis is doing his build up and starting to wind other teams up. Mind games!

    Indeed. Pressing his finger in the wound a bit, love it.

  • Most parents would support a mandatory helmet law for children, claims surge - safety concerns are paramount1 year 5 weeks ago700c wrote: being parents

    700c wrote:
    being parents makes them pretty important stakeholders in matters concerning safety of their children.

    Well, if they were asking for a law that only applied to their children I doubt anyone would object!

  • Most parents would support a mandatory helmet law for children, claims surge - safety concerns are paramount1 year 5 weeks agoJust because the parents

    Just because the parents questioned may not be regular posters on forums about helmet compulsion doesn't mean they don't know - or haven't considered - the implications of a law.

    And just because they hold a different view to you does not make their view invalid and being parents makes them pretty important stakeholders in matters concerning safety of their children.

    That said, its a bad, unworkable, idea!

  • Most parents would support a mandatory helmet law for children, claims surge - safety concerns are paramount1 year 5 weeks agoUsh wrote:joemmo wrote:Ush

    Ush wrote:
    joemmo wrote:
    Ush wrote:

    Aren't Frog simply highlighting the responses received and putting it up for discussion?

    Ha ha. I look forward to their follow-up survey on "should women be allowed to ride bikes?" and "should must cyclists be banned from the public roads for their own good" along with the burning question "should cyclists be made to pay Road Tax, just like the rest of us?".

    Yes, clearly they've set up a bike company purely as a front for creating marketing surveys to push a sinister political agenda on niche interest websites. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

    And apparently you don't have to be clever or have to get the point in order to be sarcastic.

    And so easy to grasp the wrong end of the stick isn't it ?

    Note that BikeRadar didn't even mention the helmet question in their regurgitation of this press release but if there's one thing road.cc loves it's a good old chin wag about bike hats.

  • Video: "My name is Penis Head" — meet Britain's sweariest driver1 year 5 weeks agooh and this is the email I

    oh and this is the email I got.....

    On 18 Jun 2014, at 14:55, andy
    wrote:

    From: andy Subject: [your-subject]

    Message Body:
    I see you are connected with the guy in this news article – do you really think this is wise?
    http://road.cc/content/news/121405-video-my-name-penis-head-—-meet-britains-sweariest-driver

    --

  • Mio Cyclo 505 HC GPS computer1 year 5 weeks agoBought one a few months ago

    Bought one a few months ago from Box on the basis of reviews and comments, so thanks all! Working well so far. Couple of things to add:

    Mioshare mapping is very clunky. I've given up on it as it stubbornly refuses to map a route I use frequently round a reservoir on public road that Strava and MapMy both happily follow.

    If you download a .gpx that someone else has done it won't let you pick up the route mid way. It goes hysterical trying to get you to go back to the 'start' and only then will it navigate. So you need to map routes specifically.

    Not sure how much it's worth having wireless over the 305. In the end went for 505 to future proof. Links to phone but can't manage playlist yet.

    Not found issue with rain and screen jumping as some reported. Setting screen lock to 10 secs sorts that out.

    Other than these minor things, it's impressive value so far. Tonne of Dashboard customisation, mapping and alerts work fine, cadence and heart monitor feel accurate, syncs with Strava without issue. Hopefully Mio will continue to update the device as update 4 has really moved it on.

    Mine was GB maps but it does appear to have Euro. A few weeks in France in the summer will tell how accurate they are. Can download IGN France for 99Euro which seems steep. They do sound detailed though (from the Mio website):

    Due to the large size of IGN maps, some European countries will be deleted from your device. People with Western European maps will be asked to delete one of the two European regions to free up disk space. European islands including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, Sweden and Finland Germany and Austria. These maps can be easily restored to your device at any time using the MioEasy software

  • Is cycling getting like football?1 year 5 weeks agoThanks for all the comments.

    Thanks for all the comments.

    The mix of opinions in the feedback tells me that I am not the only one who has pondered this question.

  • Video: "My name is Penis Head" — meet Britain's sweariest driver1 year 5 weeks agojacknorell wrote:Harry_J

    jacknorell wrote:
    Harry_J wrote:
    Therefore in my opinion (and i reiterate this being the status quo I perceive which i do not feel is fair but is a reality in my view) cyclists have to understand that the burden of responsibility for their safety falls upon their own shoulders and that cyclists cannot rely on the law, cannot count on drivers to suddenly become cyclist aware and cyclists as the vulnerable should take on the mindset that being in the right does not keep you safe.

    You may feel the last point is redundant but for me, that is the one that a lot of cyclists don't take on board and for me that is the scariest thing.

    Here's what you're too wedded to your 'theory' to understand:

    We're 100% aware that despite using road craft well, following the Highway Code, and being defensive, we're not safe because (some) drivers simply don't want to bother being careful drivers.

    We take that as fact, but refuse to let those drivers be excused for their dangerous negligence.

    I totally get that, and as one of the few non abusers left in the conversation I thank you...

    I'm not wedded to my theory - what you've actually written is the whole crux of what i have been saying......

    Where i disagree is your point about being 100% aware of the situation.

    I have no doubt you personally are aware, However I do not feel you can speak for every cyclist and whilst that doesn't excuse the car drivers one iota it does make me wonder if those who lack that awareness do so out of lack of care, lack of knowledge or straightforward belligerence....

    I feel all of the above hold, some cyclists are great some are ignorant, some are belligerent and some just don't care....

    Once again (and it's sad that I have to keep saying this) It doesn't mean that car drivers should not be held responsible for what they do or don't do, but I do not feel that cyclists can absolve themselves of all responsibility for accidents if they do not take all possible steps to ensure it especially given that even if they do the chances are some idiot in a car will take them out anyway....

    Does that make sense?
    if it doesn't pm me your phone number and i will happily chat (in a totally unheated way - this is not me saying oiiii you, outside!) it over because i can see what i am saying and it isn't far off what you are...but i've no doubt someone will jump on this post and tell me i'm a troll or an idiot or whatever their word of choice may be this evening...

    Personally i don't really care what you think I am.... A man knows who he is without the need for external validation but I do find it funny when even my reason for being on this forum is questioned....

    please for the love of (whoever the patron saint of cyclists may be) why oh why would I have ventured over here and onto this thread if i had not been sent a link...

    Your own webmaster will be able to tell you my ip address and if he is any good also the fact that i arrived here after clicking a link...

  • Joe's No Flats Yellow Gel Innertube Sealant1 year 5 weeks agoOk, that makes sense. All my

    Ok, that makes sense. All my tubs have removable cores, so that is not an issue.

  • Prizes for tour de Suisse1 year 5 weeks agoDoes anyone know if they just

    Does anyone know if they just send prizes out automatically?

  • Prizes for tour de Suisse1 year 5 weeks agoCheers

    Cheers

  • Tour de How Much?! £10k sought for Yorkshire cottage weekend rental1 year 5 weeks agoIf you're after sensational

    If you're after sensational headlines (as you clearly are) I'm asking £1m for 2 nights of the Tour de France weekend. Live about 6 miles away from both days, but my mate has the spare bed so you'll have to sleep on the floor.

  • Most parents would support a mandatory helmet law for children, claims surge - safety concerns are paramount1 year 5 weeks agojoemmo wrote:Ush

    joemmo wrote:
    Ush wrote:

    Aren't Frog simply highlighting the responses received and putting it up for discussion?

    Ha ha. I look forward to their follow-up survey on "should women be allowed to ride bikes?" and "should must cyclists be banned from the public roads for their own good" along with the burning question "should cyclists be made to pay Road Tax, just like the rest of us?".

    Yes, clearly they've set up a bike company purely as a front for creating marketing surveys to push a sinister political agenda on niche interest websites. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

    And apparently you don't have to be clever or have to get the point in order to be sarcastic.

  • Joe's No Flats Yellow Gel Innertube Sealant1 year 5 weeks agoCan you tell me your

    Can you tell me your reasoning for not following the manufacturers recommendations re the amount to put in each tube please? The manufacturers invest a lot of time and money in optimising their product so it seems strange that you disregard their advice and "and went with about 60ml in each inner tube". Luckily, your puncture did seal but if it hadnt, would the rating still be 8/10? Can I assume that 60ml is enough to use in each tube because if so, this becomes a very attractive proposition.

  • Video: Inside the sprint – spectacular footage from the Tour of Switzerland1 year 5 weeks agoRespect

    Respect

  • Motorist who stopped to help cyclist is deliberately rammed by another driver1 year 5 weeks agoTruly shocking - there are

    Truly shocking - there are some complete morons at the wheel on our roads today!