• British Cycling Club Tool1 year 4 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:If you want to

    Gkam84 wrote:
    If you want to make sure that people are getting and opening the emails on top of bounced ones, you could load it all through something like mail chimp

    It just gives you a little help when someone says "I didn't get that email" Wink

    As I understand it if someone has previously opted out of receiving Mail Chimp emails from anybody, not only from the sender, then Mail Chimp won't include them.

  • Liege Bastogne Liege1 year 4 weeks agoMay not have been in many

    May not have been in many teams, but just for info, Sky are a man down as Pete Kennaugh is out through illness according to Sky twitter feed

  • Liege Bastogne Liege1 year 4 weeks agoBokonon wrote:That said,

    Bokonon wrote:
    That said, there are a stack of worthwhile picks at 3.0 for L-B-L - Meintjes, Arredondo etc. which makes the possibility of a full house of scoring riders even higher. It seems unlikely that they will win, but when picking a team of 8, it's about more than just picking the winner.

    Thank you for your response Boko.
    Yes there is a few decent 3.0 I feel too, I am sure most will have arredondo, I am staying away from meintjes, tho I got huge wraps on him.
    I also read that previously Matej Mohoric had done a 8hr ride in training but only covered abt 240km, The AG was a new record for him at 251km and now set to go longer for first time again Smile
    I don't think I am gunna back up any Trentino riders, just seems to harsh in this strong field, especially with Valverde and Gilbert firing on all cyclinders.
    What I did find interesting is that there is a 5,000 euro prize for sprint at 100km to go mark, so how ever wants that has to be in break....HMMMM
    Biggest drama I am having is trying to fit GERRANS in, I need some Orica AUSSIE flavour in team:) Gerro seems to be really fired up for this.
    P.S.
    I would also like to welcome Micheal Rogers back to the peleton....Damn Chinese beef...lol

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoFewer front page stories

    Fewer front page stories about misery half a world away, please.

  • Has Boris Bike price hike put off London’s cycle hire users?1 year 4 weeks agoHired one for a trip from

    Hired one for a trip from Waterloo over the river to Strand (5 mins) as the trains wouldn't let me bring a proper bike with me. Damned thing took me 15 minutes to get out of the dock.
    And the gearing is a pig, not low enough/too low to spin and get some speed, and yet not really high enough to comfortably get out the saddle. But I guess they're not exactly designed for racing.

  • Buyers guide: Sportive and endurance road bikes1 year 4 weeks agoIs the bent top tube common

    Is the bent top tube common on these bikes for a reason or is it just fashion?

  • Buyers guide: Sportive and endurance road bikes1 year 4 weeks agofukawitribe wrote:cub

    fukawitribe wrote:
    cub wrote:
    Key to marketing this is linking 'relaxed' geometry to road dampening features so they will be used by pro's during Roubaix. Although the geometry used makes it almost an completely different bike but if they thought up a new name then owners couldn't claim to ride the same bike as Fabian.

    The Domane is the most notable change in geometry (except of course the Classic) but not all of these have differing geometry between the mainstream model and the ones the teams use. Many of these have also had excellent reviews, so who cares what the manufacturers call them ? I mean, why you would get hung up about a name when you could just enjoy the bike ?

    Take my post with a large sprinkling of salt.

    A lot of those looking at this list are likely to be new to the sport and spending some big money on a bike for the first time but are doing their research in the same way they would buy a fridge. Having made that same mistake myself I wouldn't want someone else to buy a bike that won't suit the type of riding (or racing) they find themselves doing in a years time.

    So I would hope my post makes them think about why they're choosing to buy a sportive bike and it even comes packaged in a lesson about a culture of bike snobbery that exists.

  • Buyers guide: Sportive and endurance road bikes1 year 4 weeks agoChairRDRF wrote:Go a good

    ChairRDRF wrote:
    Go a good quality titanium for comfort on long days/ rough surfaces, along with reasonable stiffness where it is needed. Also the higher end steel, including stainless.

    ..or something affordable to the rest of us. Not knocking them, especially titanium - dear good they look gorgeous - but there are equally good rides out there for substantially less.

  • Updated: One in ten collisions between car and bike in Scotland are prosecuted, investigation finds1 year 4 weeks agoAt least some prosecutions

    At least some prosecutions are happening. I got run over a good few years ago, by a guy desperate to get to the bank before it closed. My bike was a pancake, and I had a busted elbow, and my right leg went lots of different colours for around 5 months. Despite the Police showing up, and the guy trying to leave the scene to get to the bank, and being restrained by bystanders, the fact that I wasn't dead seemed to be the end of it. Despite trying, nothing ever came of it, I was off work for 3 weeks, and had to buy a new bike out of my own pocket.

    Small steps are fine by me, as long as they are going forward.

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoJust been made aware, the

    Just been made aware, the husband of the driver is also suing

    Quote:
    Even more confusing Cameron said, is the fact that the woman’s husband, Jules Simon, a York Regional Police officer, is also suing for $100,000 for damages and expenses incurred because of his wife’s suffering.

    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/25/witness-haunted-by-tragic-bike-acci...

    It also makes sense to me now why the family are suing, it REEKS of a cover up, he's a serving police man who didn't even have to hang around as he and his wife were let home and other witnesses had to stay around....

    I am not so on the fence anymore.

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoWhat utter scumbags

    What utter scumbags

  • Updated: One in ten collisions between car and bike in Scotland are prosecuted, investigation finds1 year 4 weeks agoIt gets worse..... I adjusted

    It gets worse.....

    I adjusted my ad choice settings months ago so I should only get charity ad's.....it seems not to work

    [I'm sorry that this is distracting from the article, but can we PLEASE block these type of ads]

  • British Cycling Club Tool1 year 4 weeks agoIf you want to make sure that

    If you want to make sure that people are getting and opening the emails on top of bounced ones, you could load it all through something like mail chimp

    It just gives you a little help when someone says "I didn't get that email" Wink

  • Has Boris Bike price hike put off London’s cycle hire users?1 year 4 weeks agoOr even just ped deaths from

    Or even just ped deaths from traffic they even more than bikes get a raw deal.

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoI for one am on the fence

    I for one am on the fence here...Coming back from a "coffee shop" a 1.30am....not adequate lighting or reflectors. Riding three breast.

    It is ALLEGED by the family of the boy who died that she was either unfit through alcohol or texting and that her partner should not have let her drive....I'm sure the police would have at least checked her alcohol level.

    [EDIT] Police did not suspect alcohol was involved, and she was not given a breathalyzer"](http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/26/newser-driver-sues-...)

    The family are also trying to sue her.....so this could just be a counter claim to stop that action.

    But I do feel for her, if she was law abiding and genuinely didn't see the guys on the bikes, that is the sort of thing that ruins lives.

    But suing is a little over the top on BOTH parts.

  • Romandie1 year 4 weeks agoJob done. You may as well

    Job done. Big Grin

    You may as well send me my prize now, save all the hassle of counting.

  • New road bike around the £1000 mark1 year 4 weeks agoI've already got the gear as

    I've already got the gear as I ride a carrera zelos at the minute and I'm looking to upgrade and I feel anything would be an improvement how much difference is there between for instance ultegra and 105 or 105 and tiagra?

  • British Cycling Club Tool1 year 4 weeks agoThanks Simon. Our membership

    Thanks Simon. Our membership sec already does a great job of tracking down people. When you say it created more hassle, I half expected that. Most people now are happy to pay by standing order which saves a lot of time. We have quite a few members who want nothing whatsoever to do with BC.

    Might tinker with something myself. With over 300 members and a lot of events it's not that easy to manage with spreadsheets.

    Oh and I use gmail and have set it up so I can mail from (one of) my club persona(s) when I need to. Helps on filtering stuff that comes in.

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoSorry but no one comes out of

    Sorry but no one comes out of this with any credit. The lads were cycling three abreast with little or no visibility in the middle of the night; the driver was breaking the speed limit and then bringing ridiculous litigation and the parents are suing her with, on the face of it, no real evidence to support their claims. An appalling tale from start to finish - nothing to do with cars vs bikes just a lot of idiots

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoricolek wrote:Sigh. What has

    ricolek wrote:
    Sigh. What has this page become? A platform for fueling hate against anybody who accidentaly harms a cyclist. I'm gonna unfollow your fb page because it makes me sick how self-righteous the people who comment there are. The amount of stupid generalizations is just enormous. It makes me sad that the majority of the community one would like to feel a part of is acting this way. It does exactly the opposite of what it should - teach people respect and look out for each other.

    WTF - are you for real?

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoSigh. What has this page

    Sigh. What has this page become? A platform for fueling hate against anybody who accidentaly harms a cyclist. I'm gonna unfollow your fb page because it makes me sick how self-righteous the people who comment there are. The amount of stupid generalizations is just enormous. It makes me sad that the majority of the community one would like to feel a part of is acting this way. It does exactly the opposite of what it should - teach people respect and look out for each other.

  • RANT ALERT - Getting fed up..1 year 4 weeks agonorthstar wrote:fukawitribe

    northstar wrote:
    fukawitribe wrote:
    mooleur wrote:
    Anyway, back to the thread please - shouldn't you be fishing on the fantasy threads?

    It's lunchtime - maybe enrique let him out for an hour or two...

    LOL, oh look, another fan club member has turned up : )

    Is that all you have "internet warrior"?

    Yes, I've noticed her groupies too. They don't seem to have their own opinion most of the time.

  • Driver who killed teen cyclist sues his family - because "her enjoyment of life... has been lessened"1 year 4 weeks agoDisgraceful and a sad example

    Disgraceful and a sad example of someone who does not belong in the gene pool....

  • RANT ALERT - Getting fed up..1 year 4 weeks agoYou've dished your crap out

    You've dished your crap out on me because I don't hold your opinion on drug use, and I've just seen you do it to some guy because he disagreed with your opinion on aero dynamics. You seem to think that as a 'pro' women's rider that does make your responses gospel, but it is clear that you are not an expert and know no better (usually less so) than many others. There are some people on here who do know what they are talking about, but I can't say you're one of them.

  • New road bike around the £1000 mark1 year 4 weeks agoLooked at the same bikes last

    Looked at the same bikes last year and got a defy 1 on the ctw scheme and loved it... till I wrote it off Confused

    Better groupset over the trek and for me felt more comfortable than the boardman.

    Imho I would spend all the money on the bike, you will almost always be able to find clothing and accessories at a cheaper price by shopping around on the Internet.

    (Now riding the defy composite 2 with a wheel upgrade. It's a quicker climber and has greater acceleration, that could be the wheels, the carbon or more likely I'm just getting fitter.)

    Needless to say the defy 1 is a great bike and would recommend without any hesitation.