- Just in: Shand Stoater Rohloff1 year 4 weeks agoThis bicycle is a beauty and
This bicycle is a beauty and it's on my shortlist for commuting 12 miles and towing a trailer with my (25kilo) dog. I have an early Trek District with a carbon belt drive at the moment and it drives me nuts when I'm riding - loads of noise and rubbing from the transmission. This bike was manufactured before the central slot in the belt - I'd be interested in other people's experiences of more recent belt drives because my experience with the Trek pushes me back to a standard cycle chain.
- Billie Piper questioned by police after collision hospitalises cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoIf Billy Piper did a U turn
If Billy Piper did a U turn in front of me I'd be tempted to collide. "Could we exchange information now? And your address is...?"
Typical Daily Mail reporting. I wonder if we can post anything on their reporting of the incident.
- Lorry speed limit increase will kill cyclists, says Department for Transport1 year 4 weeks agoThe vast majority of HGVs are
The vast majority of HGVs are travelling faster than 40mph on these roads already most going to the restricters 56mph. So I really don't think this would make any difference at all. My biggest concern with this is car drivers would use this as an excuse to overtake even fast than they do now ie 70+ Mph. I honestly feel more nervous about the cars driving past me at what ever speed they like as apose to the HGVs which are only really going 56mph.
- Lorry speed limit increase will kill cyclists, says Department for Transport1 year 4 weeks agoEven more hilarious, Claire
Even more hilarious, Claire Perry lists "cycling with my family" as one of her pastimes.
Ex banker with no transport knowledge now in charge of UK Transport policy. Depressing....
- Billie Piper questioned by police after collision hospitalises cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoMust have been a real dilemma
Must have been a real dilemma for the Daily Mail editorial team. do we go for incompetent woman driver or cyclist not wearing a helmet. Tough call!
- Mike Cotty’s Road to Mont Blanc bike1 year 4 weeks agoI don't understand how a
I don't understand how a Garmin 800 will provide live tracking?
Anyway good luck ugo
- Tour de France ringtone1 year 4 weeks agoCreating a ringtone for
Creating a ringtone for iTunes is easy if you have a Mac, just use Garageband. If not, just follow the instructions here
- Billie Piper questioned by police after collision hospitalises cyclist1 year 4 weeks agogeargrinderbeard wrote:Whygeargrinderbeard wrote:
Why did Billie pull a f@cking stupid move?
Cause she wants to cause she wants to...
- Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah Forum Competition1 year 4 weeks agoMy team can be called Hairy
My team can be called Hairy Bushe.
- Titanium n+11 year 4 weeks agotruffy wrote:indyjukeboxtruffy wrote:indyjukebox wrote:
truffy: Enigma are a bit too expensive. I think I am paying for the privilege of buying from a small UK company. But then the frames are not made in the UK are they?
According to the product information:
Every Evoke is individually handcrafted to order in our own workshop by Titanium maestro Joe Walker.
It doesn't specifically state "our own workshop in the UK not China", but I rather assumed that to be the case. I wasn't advocating it, simply pointing out to NickK123 that it would likely blow your budget.
I went for an ex-demo from Enigma - which was below the budget line. Worth speaking to Jim Walker (manager) what ex-demos are coming up (size, frame etc).
- Virus Warning from Avast1 year 4 weeks agoHave you tried using a
Have you tried using a different AV scanner?
Seriously, this sound like some of the stuff that comes up when the freeware's trying to get you to pony up to the paid-for version.
- Tour de France ringtone1 year 4 weeks agoApparently one can convert an
Apparently one can convert an mp3 into Apple ringtone format (M4R).
- Pippa Middleton’s Race Across America bike auctioned for charity1 year 4 weeks agoThe thought police have
The thought police have arrived. This must be what it's like living under the jackboot.
OMG, FIRST TO GODWIN'S LAW.
- BTR Water Resistant Frame Bike Bag And Mobile Phone Holder1 year 4 weeks agoI got one of these so I could
I got one of these so I could use my phone as a satnav on my road bike and hybrid. It rubbed against my knees on the road bike but not on the hybrid. Its OK in the rain and is useful storage. The downside for me was that when it's sunny the glare from the cover prevents me seeing the phone screen. The touch screen works faultlessly though. My solution to a decent navigation device was to buy a garmin edge 200 and load it with gpx tracks
- Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah Forum Competition1 year 4 weeks agoMy team shall be called The
My team shall be called The Utah Saints (U-U-U-Utah Saints) and Sinners
Edit: The ToU TourTracker is up and currently showing live stage 1 action
- Poland stage 21 year 4 weeks agoI didn't take out either
I didn't take out either
- Virus Warning from Avast1 year 4 weeks agoblockerenrique wrote:Him Up North wrote:What works for you?...
Get an ad blocker for your browser...
For IE I use Ad Block Plus. There's a better one for Chrome and Safari browsers simply called AdBlock (not related to ABP).
And download Malwarebytes to scan your computer if you haven't done so already.
- Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah Forum Competition1 year 4 weeks agoWilco Kelderman
Tao Geoghegan Hart
- Pippa Middleton’s Race Across America bike auctioned for charity1 year 4 weeks agoGordy748 wrote:From myGordy748 wrote:
From my understanding she didn't contribute as much as her team mates, and particularly not in the hills. Not to say she did nothing but I'm not convinced this is chapeau worthy ride.
Perhaps you'd like to share with the forum all the details of your "chapeau worthy rides" and your work for charity?
FFS there's some properly cringeworthy comments on here.
- Lorry speed limit increase will kill cyclists, says Department for Transport1 year 4 weeks ago'But an impact assessment
'But an impact assessment carried out by the Department for Transport (DfT) says that the higher speed limit for HGVs would lead to two or three additional fatal road traffic incidents a year and between four and nine serious ones.'
Why let the facts get in the way of profit mongering and whoreing themselves for their mates in big business?
If its good enough for Owen Fucking Paterson its good enough for every other dirty corrupt government dept
Fuck all this shit,theres no point bothering anymore,its a waste of fucking time,might aswell ride in front of the next fucking HGV and get it over with
its all fucked
- Lorry speed limit increase will kill cyclists, says Department for Transport1 year 4 weeks agoLegal Speed Limit - What the
Legal Speed Limit - What the Law says is the maximum speed for the road in question.
Real Speed Limit - What motorists think is acceptable for the road in question. Often "How far can I push it before getting a tug from the police.
There is a huge difference between what the 'legal' speed limit is and what the 'real' speed limit is perceived to be by motorists.
As a rough estimate the 'real' speed limit tends to be 'legal' speed plus 10. For example legal 30mph = real 40mph, legal 70mph = real 80mph.
The problem is not so much the fact that the speed limit is being increased but the fact that a high percentage of motorists regard any speed limit as a goal rather than a maximum in good conditions.
- Pippa Middleton’s Race Across America bike auctioned for charity1 year 4 weeks agoCan someone at road.cc please
Can someone at road.cc please turn the sad misogynist filter back on please?
- Poland stage 21 year 4 weeks agoMatthewsJohnnyRemo wrote:That sucks, too...
Took Matthews out this morning...
- Video round-up: Bad driving, bad cycling & a great brother1 year 4 weeks agoWonder how the guy will react
Wonder how the guy will react to seeing his driving analysed, by Highway Code standards, (and him failing ) - compared to his very own specially invented Code just for cyclists.
He's turned off comments? Fine - he can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dWFqvTtIic
- Lorry speed limit increase will kill cyclists, says Department for Transport1 year 4 weeks agoA little bit of goggling
A little bit of goggling reveals the conservatives recently hosted a bash at which the usual billionaire arms, oil and finance magnates paid thousands to sit near government ministers.
The transport minister even had his own table of transport industry leaders who paid upwards of £12000 each to the conservative party to attend the event.
People on bicycles were not represented.