- Competition Prizes1 year 4 weeks agoCheers!!!I hope you're
Cheers!!!I hope you're right!!also hope that some of the others have now received their prizes as well.
Currently on the train to Harrogate from kings cross but having to stand the whole journey as the one i was booked on got cancelled!!good start to the weekend!!
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks agoI might start buying shares
I might start buying shares in Vittoria
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks agoIs it just me or do you
Is it just me or do you sometimes wonder why there is a queue of cars behind you. When i'm driving yes there are times when you can't overtake but I think generally people think they need more room that is actually necessary. You see cars pulling out wildly and its just not needed. just slow down and pass with a respectful distance, its not difficult. Proves my theory, cyclists make better drivers.
Obviously anyone driving an overtly wide X5 or X6 is a dick anyway and has no driving skills or confidence, hence the need to sit in your cock-shell.
- Road Bike Self Build Bike Fit advice1 year 4 weeks agoSeeing as you are turning 40
Seeing as you are turning 40 get a custom made frame from a noted builder like Mercian, Roberts or Dave Yates
You will get a fitting as part of the process and they would be happy to do you a frame with nothing fitted or a fully kitted out bike
The cost of a "nice" off the peg non custom steel frame is likely to be £500+ but a custom frame is more like £1000+ So it's twice the price but you get what you pay for
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks agoIs this the same circuit on
Is this the same circuit on which a Surrey League road race was halted by the police in 2012?
I'm guessing the police attended in response to a complaint from someone?
- Video: Where to watch the Tour de France in Yorkshire1 year 4 weeks agoLondon isn't in yorkshire
London isn't in yorkshire
- Road Bike Self Build Bike Fit advice1 year 4 weeks agoNot built a road bike, but in
Not built a road bike, but in the process of building a new fixie (first one I've built).
I would say go to a bike shop and try a few bikes out, if you have one or two preferences you can ask or look online at the dimensions and materials of that bike and then use that as a guide for your own purchases. Of course, if you find one you really like, you may want to buy that instead as it may be cheaper than building your own.
- New Forest to consider pushing for laws to control sportives?1 year 4 weeks agoDISTRACTION TECHNIQUE FROM
DISTRACTION TECHNIQUE FROM THE REAL ISSUES *YAWNS*
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks agoAirzound wrote:There are someAirzound wrote:
There are some real c*nts in Surrey.
This is true.
Some of 'em ride bicycles as well, mind.
- RCUK game1 year 4 weeks agoI'm in with Where's Wiggo?
I'm in with Where's Wiggo?
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks ago"if they are caught" which
"if they are caught" which they very rarely, if ever are. So it'll keep happening, 3 years of similar action in the New Forest now, not a single person's been done for anything.
- New Forest to consider pushing for laws to control sportives?1 year 4 weeks agoI live in an area that has a
I live in an area that has a major shopping centre, a major tourist attraction, a major horse-racing course and a major rugby stadium nearby. As a result, on any given weekend the roads can be clogged with cars trying to get to one event or another. It can prevent me getting out in my own car - or even my bike!
You won't find me writing to the AA demanding laws to be changed though... this is the place I chose to live, and the fact that lots of exciting things happen here is what makes it a good place to be.
- Your views on...Electric Bikes (Dissertation project)1 year 4 weeks agoI've completed the survey,
I've completed the survey, one problem is that I'm retired and therefore don't commute. However, the survey forced me to answer this question, so I put 'other'.
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks agoNot just in Surrey.
Not just in Surrey.
- Brooks Challenge Large Tool Bag1 year 4 weeks agoWell, as far as longevity, I
Well, as far as longevity, I have to disagree with the reviewer... I was initially extremely pleased with the introduction of - finally - a leather seat bag in which to hold serious tools and puncture repair kits. So I immediately took the plunge. Yet, threading it through saddle loops, after about two weeks of admittedly rainy weather (the bike AND the bag sleep indoors), I noticed two problems:
- one, the straps are way too weak; they started to indent where the saddle loops sit: meaning you cannot carry anything heavy (during those two weeks, i was carrying in the bag an Abus folding lock, weighting some 2 pounds max),
- two, with this lock in the bag, and the bag sitting across my back rack, the paint on the leather in contact with the rack (it's painted on, not tinted in) started to wear off after 3 weeks, even if, before using it, I greased it thoroughly. It's now totally deprived of paint on these points.
so now, I reverted back to my old 1970's modified thick leather pouch transformed into a seat bag if i need any relatively serious carrying around under the seat.
Too bad, because the idea was really good indeed, the sizing really fine, the closure system smart - In other words, a leather bag intended for bikes which cannot withstand a bit of load, a bit of bad weather and a bit of rubbing is imho not a quality bike bag...
- Tour de France Tech 2014: Marcel Kittel's Giant Propel Advanced SL1 year 4 weeks agoGlad to see less of a tarty
Glad to see less of a tarty paint job. This looks like a proper tool for the job. I think the decals could be larger though!
- Tour de France Tech 2014: Marcel Kittel's Giant Propel Advanced SL1 year 4 weeks agoTo my eyes that first side-on
To my eyes that first side-on picture at the top of the article make this look like one hell of an ugly machine!
- RCUK game1 year 4 weeks agoI'm in with shutuplegs
I'm in with shutuplegs
- New Forest to consider pushing for laws to control sportives?1 year 4 weeks agoThere are a few other events
There are a few other events but they are all much smaller than the Wiggle\UKCycling events, which are the only ones that seem to get any press
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 4 weeks agoThere are some real c*nts in
There are some real c*nts in Surrey.
- TDY (F) stage 2 - any tips?1 year 4 weeks agoI'll be in High Bradfield
I'll be in High Bradfield watching them on Kirk Edge Road as they approach Sheffield. Should be fun.
- TDY (F) stage 2 - any tips?1 year 4 weeks agoI'm thinking gerrans, g.v.a,
I'm thinking gerrans, g.v.a, sagan, slagter
- Witness appeal after cyclist killed in HGV collision in Nottingham1 year 4 weeks agoI agree corporate
I agree corporate manslaughter charge would certainly rause the stakes. Might even get some action that's meaningful.
- Cycling route to TDF Stage 21 year 4 weeks agoI might take an old tin bath,
I might take an old tin bath, put casters on it and ride down a grassy hill:
- Cycling route to TDF Stage 21 year 4 weeks agoarrieredupeleton wrote:Great.arrieredupeleton wrote:
Great. Thanks for that. Now, what to do on a roadside verge in Yorkshire for 3 hours?
Leave the sheep alone, they are reserved for us locals. Apparently mine's called Woolina.