- FS: Rapha and others...1 year 10 weeks agoHave put bids in for the
Have put bids in for the Cundy/Lynch and Phil Gil lots
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agoMy team to do better than my
My team to do better than my Giro 3 are;
- Mad Fiber 2.0 wheels released1 year 10 weeks ago"laluminium" you
"laluminium" you say...intrigued by this new material. Wondering if we'll see 3d printed wheels soon...
- FS: Rapha and others...1 year 10 weeks agoHmmm, Will bid anyway good
Hmmm, Will bid anyway good cause!
- OPQS names Tour de France team as Mark Cavendish targets maillot jaune on Corsica1 year 10 weeks agoIndeed, and something that
Indeed, and something that just popped into my head... He wore the maglia rosa in the Giro, he's probably the favourite to get the maillot jaune after Stage 1 of the Tour...
Now, I'm not sure if he's planning on riding the Vuelta, but OPQS are world champions in the TTT, which is what it opens with, and I'm wondering whether anyone has led all 3 Grand Tours in the same season?
Cav has said he leaves it to others to think about records like that, but I bet he'd be tempted...
- Mad Fiber 2.0 wheels released1 year 10 weeks agoGood enough to stay true?
Good enough to stay true? Anything hitting those spokes side on would surely mean a write-off and a big off if being ridden?
- TOUR de FRANCE GAME1 year 10 weeks agoI'm in, team done, won't
I'm in, team done, won't spend a lot of time on it though as will be travelling and spend too much on this one anyway.
- OPQS names Tour de France team as Mark Cavendish targets maillot jaune on Corsica1 year 10 weeks agoHe's after wearing it- on day
He's after wearing it- on day 2. Stage 1 is a flat stage with a preduicted sprint finish. First across the line takes the maillot jaune for the following day- it's something to add to the collection, as he has the approriate jerseys from the Giro and Vuelta. Even just to wear the GC jersey for a day is a pretty big honour.
- planet x tubulars1 year 10 weeks agoHmmm. I'm also a bit tubular
Hmmm. I'm also a bit tubular curious. However, the carbon jobbies are normally heavier than the alu equivalent (notwithstand the PX ones) and when you start factoring in the weight of the sealand can, spare tyre (!) and tub tape, they would need to be a totally amazing ride.
I'm not sure I wouldn't just stress all ride long. Fair enough the pros tend to ride on decent roads with support. Such luxuries don't often/ever exist for us mere mortals. I can see the benefit for TTing but for a century ride for example, I'm not so sure.
Convince me it's worth the hassle.
- planet x tubulars1 year 10 weeks ago@700c, what are your
@700c, what are your recommendations on sealant?
I have a bottle of Tufo Extreme that I have never had to use, so I have no idea how well it works.
- Tips on 4th cat road racing1 year 10 weeks agoDon't worry about what bike
Don't worry about what bike you ride - I watched someone race with mudguards and a rack in the Kermesse at the IG Nocturne
- British Strategic Lions & Fireflies squads lead Race Across America1 year 10 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Solo riders setGkam84 wrote:
Solo riders set out on 11th and teams on 15th
Ah, yes, missed that bit...makes sense now - the teams are flying in comparison then.
No idea how someone gets through this solo....mad effort.
Race around Ireland is tough enough, possibly the effect of a circuit.
- Scott cr1 owners- headset Q?1 year 10 weeks agoThe nice people at Scott sent
The nice people at Scott sent me the answer-
your Scott CR1 is 1 1/8 semi integrated with 44mm cups
- Tour de France Fan Park coming to Canary Wharf during race's final week1 year 10 weeks agofree drugs?
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:Anyway, myGhedebrav wrote:
Anyway, my lot are:
Chavanel very nearly made my final choice: a reasonable choice for the medium mountains stages in his own right with the possibility of picking up team points for the sprint stages due to the Cav connection.
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agoS. Chavanel
C. Le Mevel
- Tips on 4th cat road racing1 year 10 weeks agoSimon E wrote:Are you sure itSimon E wrote:
Are you sure it wasn't your English teacher, Raleigh?
For some reason got into a li'l panic there thinking that you were an English teacher at my school
Yep, I'll be racing there tonight, trying to see how much form I took away from the National Junior Series RR on Sunday.
- Brian Cookson "disturbed" by contents of dossier on Pat McQuaid1 year 10 weeks agoProbably going be
Probably going be investigated by Pat McQuaud Private eye and all round general bullshit department. Please get this chump out of cycling.
- OPQS names Tour de France team as Mark Cavendish targets maillot jaune on Corsica1 year 10 weeks agoI'm hoping he's *not* after
I'm hoping he's *not* after the maillot jaune, don't think that would work out!
- Riders with similar names1 year 10 weeks agoDemare and Delage
Demare and Delage
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agosounds like a menu
sounds like a menu
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agoEDIT (picked 2 non
EDIT (picked 2 non starters)
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agoAlan Tullett won, you managed
Alan Tullett won, you managed a creditable thirddrheaton wrote:
Final podium placings:
1 - Alan Tullett 686
2 - stevemarks 671
3 - Dave Atkinson 664
3 - rcorbin 664
3 - johnny2names 664
3 - andynic 664
Congrats to Alan.
- Husband of cyclist killed by epileptic nun calls for tougher licensing of older drivers1 year 10 weeks agojoemmo wrote: it’s the riskjoemmo wrote:
it’s the risk you have for trusting people to be responsible for their own actions.
If we trust people to be responsible for their own actions, why do we have a driving test at all?
Nobody should be able to retain a lifetime driving license on the basis of one test: we should not be singling out the elderly here.
In no other walk of life would you be given responsibility for 1 1/2 tonnes of metal operated around substantial numbers of soft squishy people without being regularly re-tested. Because it's a car and not industrial machinery, suddenly people are blind to the dangers.
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 10 weeks agowho do i owe a prize to for
who do i owe a prize to for the giro one?