- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 9 weeks agoI like it. I'd prefer to have
I like it. I'd prefer to have that than 21st Century Fox written on my arse!
I'm sure it works with the Cav image that the marketers are trying to push. A bad boy cyclists who dsnt gve a fck what outraged middle aged middle England cyclist website readers think!
My reading of the comments on this page have only increased my enjoyment of the strapline!
- Commuting Bag1 year 9 weeks agoI forgot to say, they do
I forgot to say, they do those in smaller sizes too. They're also amazingly waterproof, both inside and out (I unfortunately know that when some food leaked and I didn't know until I opened the bag!)
- Commuting Bag1 year 9 weeks agoI haven't used either of
I haven't used either of those, but I use an Ortlieb large saddle bag, which is large enough for a flask, food and clothes.
I think they have a new version out that out that connects directly to the saddle post rather than use an adaptor that connects to the underside of the saddle.
- Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL1 year 9 weeks agoTrust me this is not a normal
Trust me this is not a normal Chinese frame, the quality, feel and handling is a dream. It does what you mind wants it too
- Fetch it yourself, I'm not your dogsbody1 year 9 weeks agoToo right Raleigh. The vast
Too right Raleigh. The vast majority of comments on Mumsnet can only be from ugly lesbians. They seem to subscribe to the bizarre notion that a woman is not her husband's servant, but actually a person in her own right. Where will it all end?
- Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL1 year 9 weeks agoI got mine with Dura ace mech
I got mine with Dura ace mech a week ago, it is a dream. I can't believe how solid it is in comparison to it weight. It s a beast, cannot recommend it enough the quality is unreal. I have improved my timing, stepping up from 5,6,7 positions on strava to KOMs,2 and 3rd unreal? Love it, krysium wheel are solid. The frame being carbon makes a lovely noise when going into a head wind
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 9 weeks agoJust looking over my team and
Just looking over my team and I have a tough choice to make. I want a climber who will either compete for the GC, a stage win and get some other placings or one who'll go after the KoM.
I'm trying to choose between Pinot, Quintana, Costa and De Gendt. If I pick Pinot I need to drop one of my ten credit guys for a cheap option, if I pick Quintana/Costa I can afford a decent last DS or if I go for De Gendt, one of my favourite riders, I can pick a pretty solid last DS.
My head says Pinot is a solid choice as he's also white jersey material, Costa will be backup and Quintana might get to come out and play on one day so Pinot, as a team leader, is an obvious choice but a) it restricts the rest of my team and b) De Gendt is badass.
- Which 30-35 deep rim wheels for my new project?1 year 9 weeks agoZonda's a good choice,
Zonda's a good choice, especially given your size. I was heavier than you when i first used them, still perfectly true.
They don't quite meet your rim depth requirements, and you can get slightly lighter at this price, but all this should be secondary to stiffness, IMO.
If you want to sprint up a hill, or power away on the flat - assuming you are a powerful rider - the Zondas will transfer power well and won't waste much energy by flexing.
They are effectively one model up on the quattros, if you consider they are equivalent of FR3 (although zonda rear wheel spoking may actually improve power transfer, but i haven't ridden any fulcrums)
- Jan Ullrich may lose Sydney 2000 Olympic gold after doping confession1 year 9 weeks agoStrip the medal but don't
Strip the medal but don't re-award it, much like LA's tour titles.
- Pat McQuaid slams Brian Cookson's "half baked" UCI manifesto1 year 9 weeks agoThe only people that could
The only people that could possibly vote for McQuaid are those that have something to hide. The possible (likely) true extent of bribes and backhanders must be worrying them a tad
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 9 weeks agoMoronic.
Who the fck is
Who the fck is advising him?
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 9 weeks agoJuvenile.
- Pat McQuaid slams Brian Cookson's "half baked" UCI manifesto1 year 9 weeks agoThat's right Pat, that's
That's right Pat, that's right.
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 9 weeks agoUsually I like Cav but this
Usually I like Cav but this is dire.
Having spent years in marketing, the concept is dire too! Can't believe they went with this one.
- Video: Reynolds Cycling wheels guru Paul Lew talks aerodynamics & sidewinds1 year 9 weeks agoSounds Nice,But Believe Me
Sounds Nice,But Believe Me You
Don't Want to Be Caught By A Gust Of Wind In A Group Ride.
The DET won't Help You.
Only A Prayer.
Just Ask Vino How He Broke His Pelvis.
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 9 weeks agoWhat gets me most is that it
What gets me most is that it isn't even a very pretty bike...
- UCI rejects Riccardo Riccò's claims that 44 more riders tested positive during 2008 Tour de France1 year 9 weeks agoThe UCI said "It is simply
The UCI said "It is simply not possible for a positive test to be covered up".
Is this some sort of wind-up??
- Video: Cyclist seriously injured after ignoring traffic signal warns fellow riders to stop at red1 year 9 weeks agoJust this evening on my way
Just this evening on my way home, a bunch of us (cyclists) were stopped at a red light waiting to go, then it changes to green and we take off across the intersection... and a RLJ'r comes steaming through full speed ahead from the side. I was too annoyed to slow down which in hindsight would have been better, and shouted something to him about red lights. Luckily he somehow managed to squeeze through us without taking anyone out. Next time he'll be flying into a car and be less lucky.
- Pat McQuaid slams Brian Cookson's "half baked" UCI manifesto1 year 9 weeks ago@thefatcyclist I'd like to
@thefatcyclist I'd like to know that too. McQuaid has to go (I fail to see how anybody could possibly consider voting for him?!)
- Fetch it yourself, I'm not your dogsbody1 year 9 weeks agoI usually never swear on
I usually never swear on here.
But literally. Mumsnet can fuck right off.
- Pat McQuaid slams Brian Cookson's "half baked" UCI manifesto1 year 9 weeks agoshot18 wrote:What happensshot18 wrote:
What happens whenever Pat is asked to explain?
...he shouts and stamps his feet like a spoilt, petulant child who has just been threatened with a ban from the playground. His response is entirely as I expected it would be - a paranoid, aggressive fight. Perhaps his 'at all costs' efforts to remain in charge is basically a desperate attempt to hide the Pharmstrong facts for as long as possible... I'd question whether he'd come out looking good after that goes public!
- Pat McQuaid slams Brian Cookson's "half baked" UCI manifesto1 year 9 weeks agoHow do we as the cyclists in
How do we as the cyclists in the street, get invloved in supporting Cookson and helping get McQuaid out. Or is this totally above grass roots cyclists?
- TdF initial thoughts?1 year 9 weeks agoFor purist, I am going for
For purist, I am going for stage winners.
Plus a few who might join in breaks and fillers.
For std, my plan is to pick the top 3 plus yellow jersey for every other stage.and the rest are fillers and possible. Breakaways.
- road.cc Fantasy Cycling Guide Part one: reading the race1 year 9 weeks agoStage two is definitely a
Stage two is definitely a tough one to call. Its almost a certainty that sprinters like Cavendish and Kittel won't feature but stronger sprinters like Sagan might. He'll probably be the favourite but the GC guys will want to stay safe near the front and if one feels good they may try and put Sky and Froome on the back foot earlier than they may have expected.
Personally, I'll probably pick Sagan and have a weaker team for stage 1 by picking stronger sprinters thinking ahead to 2 and 3.
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 9 weeks agoTTR CRP