- Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL1 year 10 weeks agoLast time I filled the car it
Last time I filled the car it cost me £80. THAT's insane, can easily offset the cost of a bike by not driving two tons of motorised vehicle around. I'm in a position where I do very little driving (which equals more riding, fantastic!).
Awesome bike judging by the review, looks great too. I think I'm about due a new steed...
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks agoDombrowski last man home
Dombrowski last man home
At least Wyss got me 5 mountain points as well. Looks like he may try for a break at some point
- #nudges4cycling… Social media campaign aims to aggregate the marginal gains that could transform cycling in Britain1 year 10 weeks agoBristolbybike wrote:Haven'tBristolbybike wrote:
Haven't we had several decades of "lots and lots of the little stuff"? Which why cycling is still in the minority?
I don't need perfect: I'm just sick of having to suffer piss-poor and half-arsed.
This, though perfect or close enough is easy to attain.
Also, marginal gains - heard that somewhere before ; )
- wheels1 year 10 weeks agoWow very thorough Gkam.
Wow very thorough Gkam.
I was considering the Mavics anyway. I like the look of the
Halos, they would look nice in Black too. Is there any difference in size, am I getting any advandages by more or less spokes? Am I giving up strength with these? I get a lot of broken spokes on my rear wheel on the racer, but never had one on the tourer. Is there a trade off between strength and looks between the Mavics and the Halos. Not sure I can afford the DT swiss as that is over 100 quid just for the two rims, although if I just bought the one and left the front wheel as is it would look a bit odd wouldn't it? Only your opinions, my friend not going to hold it against you whatever you suggest.
- Tom Donhou ‘Experiments In Speed’ 100mph video trailer released1 year 10 weeks agoLove the bike, love the
Love the bike, love the sentiment, love what he's doing!
- DAUPHINE1 year 10 weeks agoit has an s on
it has an s on Enrique....maths
- #nudges4cycling… Social media campaign aims to aggregate the marginal gains that could transform cycling in Britain1 year 10 weeks agoCarlton, I find the way that
Carlton, I find the way that cycling is going and the political will behind it fascinating. I work with Rotherham MBC on the very same initiative, ie getting more people on bikes and a change in attitude towards cyclists.
I would be very interested with any output from; #nudges4cycling, is it to be be shared at any point so that individual councils can gain a better understanding and view of the feeling across the country? or will it remain with central government and fuel their country wide dictats around this matter.
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks agobah, only 6 and 7 plus gc
bah, only 6 and 7 plus gc points,
- Britain's "beleaguered" motorists slam cost of driving - but are more car dependent than ever, says RAC1 year 10 weeks agocavasta wrote:Would be verycavasta wrote:
Would be very worrying if the government followed motorists' requests and did use money raised from fuel and excise duty to fund road repairs.
Think all road users are in agreement that govt should spend more on road repairs, aren't they?
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks ago1 DEMARE, Arnaud
1 DEMARE, Arnaud 161 04:08:23 00:00:00
2 GOSS, Matthew Harley 134 04:08:23 00:00:00
3 FARRAR, Tyler 62 04:08:23 00:00:00
4 DEGENKOLB, John 181 04:08:23 00:00:00
5 KRISTOFF, Alexander 25 04:08:23 00:00:00
6 HAUSSLER, Heinrich 194 04:08:23 00:00:00
7 SAGAN, Peter 108 04:08:23 00:00:00
8 DEBUSSCHERE, Jens 142 04:08:23 00:00:00
9 CIMOLAI, Davide 92 04:08:23 00:00:00
10 GUARNIERI, Jacopo 54 04:08:23 00:00:00
11 MONDORY, Lloyd 85 04:08:23 00:00:00
12 ROWE, Luke 17 04:08:23 00:00:00
13 LEMOINE, Cyril 204 04:08:23 00:00:00
14 RAST, Gregory 35 04:08:23 00:00:00
15 VAN POPPEL, Boy 177 04:08:23 00:00:00
16 ROJAS GIL, Jose Joaquin 6 04:08:23 00:00:00
17 SIMON, Julien 201 04:08:23 00:00:00
18 FEILLU, Romain 174 04:08:23 00:00:00
19 BOLE, Grega 171 04:08:23 00:00:00
20 SÁEZ DE ARREGI, Adrián 156 04:08:23 00:00:00
- DAUPHINE1 year 10 weeks agoWell, another bit of useless
Well, another bit of useless trivia
If my math is right this would have been the highest scoring Purist team possible:
Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg
For a total of 880 points! Good enough to have come in No. 67 in the Overall Competition! With no transfers!
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks ago1 Demare 2 Goss 3 Farrar 4
1 Demare 2 Goss 3 Farrar 4 Degenkolb 5 Kristoff 6 Haussler 7 Sagan 8 Debusschere 9 Cimolai 10 Guarnieri
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks ago1,5,6,7 standard (20
1,5,6,7 standard (20 penalties)+ Frank
1 and 7 for my purist, but I doubt many purist teams will have Demare and have done as well as me so far, as I still have 3,6,7 on GC in my purist
- DAUPHINE1 year 10 weeks agocharliemac74 wrote:I've beencharliemac74 wrote:
I've been quietly supporting you...
And I have quietly hugged you for your that show of kindness... I feel a little lonely to lose your support, really, especially since I have no idea how I butchered the English language by using the word 'math' (mathematics?) Spanish is my native language and the English I learned I learned from Americans... I shall, however, accept my punishment, but not without first shouting "Long Live Non-Expiring Transfers for the Poor!" Had to get that in...
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks agoLooks like a Demare win, but
Looks like a Demare win, but CLOSE with Goss 2nd, Farrar 3rd, Degenkolb 4th
Who left them out and went for Sagan.....
I didn't have any of them
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks agoGot to love Farrar and
Got to love Farrar and Goss
Everytime I pick them they do nothing
Everytime I don't they do well.
- Bianchi 2014 range launch: New Oltre XR2 disc and Campag EPS 11-spd + new Sempre Pro, Infinito, Intenso and Via Nirone models1 year 10 weeks agoThere is a certain irony;
There is a certain irony; Italian prestige brand names bike after chavvy hot hatch
I can say that - I used to own one, and jolly good fun it was to
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks agoI can't believe how Voigt
I can't believe how Voigt just took off! Wow!
- Bianchi 2014 range launch: New Oltre XR2 disc and Campag EPS 11-spd + new Sempre Pro, Infinito, Intenso and Via Nirone models1 year 10 weeks agoAt least it's not the XR3i.
At least it's not the XR3i.
- TdS stage 4 - breaking the golden rules1 year 10 weeks agoLooks like I may lose ground
Looks like I may lose ground today but with a pure sprinters stage tomorrow and only needing to bring one sprinter in I'm not gonna incur penalties swapping them back out after the fat stage
- broken shimano ultegra left shifter1 year 10 weeks agoIf you follow this:
If you follow this: http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponen... you might be able to get the part number you need. Google part number; somebody must stock it and if not you could order through LBS.
Alternatively, save the time and effort and pick one up off ebay!
- Britain's "beleaguered" motorists slam cost of driving - but are more car dependent than ever, says RAC1 year 10 weeks agoI run a 10yr old car, £90 for
I run a 10yr old car, £90 for a full tank of diesel per month, £22 insurance, £11 for excise and i put away another £10 for tyre replacements etc (all per month). Not to mention the lump sum if something goes wrong.
So all in all it costs me £133.00 per month to run a car which is already paid for as no finance or loan. If i had to replace my car with a one of the same model etc it would be £27,000.00 (audi a4 2.0tdi) which would then be something stupid like a £500 per month loan.
All in all its bloody expensive hence why i ride my bike to work more often than not which ultimately saves me about £40 per month.
- Getting my 10 year old son started racing1 year 10 weeks agoHi Tony h
I am going to talk
Hi Tony h
I am going to talk from what other people have told me and my parents. I am 17 years old now I was 12 when I was thinking of racing. This is what there said.
At the age of 12 you’re your son is still at school and learning for his further career and GCSE. The local clubs will only accepted 14 years old and over. This is due because of h and s, purpose of insurance, cbr cheeking etc... all at club cost and expenses . As your child devolves in sport there will be a need when he grows to change bikes, in the higher level racing bikes can cost thousands of pounds, which the club cannot sub. Could you afford the cost of a road bike and traveling to and from races? Other clubs do have younger divisions at conideable cost.
You say he is fast for cycling (in your case downhill and MTB) but could he manage a club ride for a long period of time at a long length without getting dropped or could you look after him on the rides at pace. If you could not look after him on the rides we ( The club) will not be able to help Him to get back to the main group.
If he does still would like to race, consider a coach with plenty of experience in the field of teaching young children to race and ride. If he would like a crack at racing than I would subjec wait until he has more sense Try a couple of sportive .
The British cycling offer the option for thoughts under the age 14s to race but this is ill-advised due to the child’s development and the intense of racing at a young age . Their safety sense is still devolving and could cause a danger to your group.
So ask you son and yourself ;
why does he want to race ?
can you afford a coach?
When he grow up could you afford a new bike?
Kit cost and lincen ?
Maybe start off small and dont race but devolpe him, mentally and physically both raceing
- Getting my 10 year old son started racing1 year 10 weeks agothanks, Sir Velo, really
thanks, Sir Velo, really helpful suggestion. i'll follow it up.
- Bianchi 2014 range launch: New Oltre XR2 disc and Campag EPS 11-spd + new Sempre Pro, Infinito, Intenso and Via Nirone models1 year 10 weeks agoCue curt letter from the Ford
Cue curt letter from the Ford Legal Department....