- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says cyclists must "do their bit" on road safety1 year 21 weeks agoQuote:lso about gettingQuote:
lso about getting cyclists to do their bit too.
I guess that means helping the police and getting a shotgun to deal with crap driving....
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 21 weeks agoI'm guessing that the
I'm guessing that the official finish is at the junction with Sherrifmuir Road? Where's the official start? At the Kirk? I sometimes do this hill during my lunch break so would like to try timing myself on the course. I'll be happy if I beat 10 minutes.
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 21 weeks agoI was supposed to be offshore
I was supposed to be offshore so never signed up for Kingscavil, but I did the Dundee Abernyte climb last weekend, a 3.5km route, with a flat almost slight down hill section in the middle, after an initial steep couple of switchbacks, then the last 1500m is a deceptively long and steep ramp which really tested the guns. It's a 200m ascent all in.
Took me 13min the winner was 10:34
Good luck if you are doing the comp this weekend.
- Sunday morning/ all day club run!1 year 21 weeks agoyeah that might be a good
yeah that might be a good option. Go out with the fast group for 1 and a half hours, then turn back.
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoI felt physically sick on the
I felt physically sick on the bridge shot... Je-sus he's got balls!
- Paul Kimmage on Twitter1 year 21 weeks agoPaulJ: to give him fair due
PaulJ: to give him fair due it was David Millar who persuaded Vaughters re a no-needles policy at the team from the outset in 07
Simon E: much though we might want our sporting heroes to be paragons of role models..i think it unrealistic. They're human just like the rest of us, with foibles and weaknesses just like the rest of us. I could understand the huge pressure on Wiggins shoulders from all the innuendo and whisperings, and so i understand his outburst tho his language was OTT. But I was more interested in how he handled himself subsequently in talking about doping and why he never would. He did so in a way in which no other maillot Jaune winner has done, so much do that even hardened cycling journos present at the Tour were lauding. So yes, I am able to look beyond that outburst, unfortunate though his language was.
- Updated: Choose your rumour - 2013 Tour de France to finish on Alpe d'Huez... or go up it twice on final Thursday?1 year 21 weeks agoA TT up Ventoux would be
A TT up Ventoux would be interesting. Horrendous for the riders but what a spectacle for us. Really looking forward to 2013. It could be wide open and with the start in Corsica it's going to be even more beautiful in terms of scenery than ever before.
- AG2R's Steve Houanard provisionally suspended after testing positive for EPO1 year 21 weeks agoI know why they do it but why
I know why they do it but why do they still insist on doping when there is a very good chance that they are going to get caught.
Gutted for cycling once again. Maybe one day it will be a clean sport .....
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agooh, it's a WD40 ad? I'm not
oh, it's a WD40 ad? I'm not even joking!
but what he did can be likened to doing parkour in high heels, literally no words!
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agopersonally always been a fan
personally always been a fan of hope stuff, and although have a set of their mtb hubs, have never had their hoops, yet.
after that video will definitely be looking at some. sod being a promo for WD40 should be a promo for hope (and pinarello)
i think the wheels are hope hoops pro3 rs-sp 3.0 (although happy to be corrected)
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoSaw him riding THAT bike in
Saw him riding THAT bike in Porthcawl about 2 weeks ago, struggled to get my head around doing trials on a road bike... Let alone a Dogma The wheels up close are well nice! #seriouslyjealous
- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says cyclists must "do their bit" on road safety1 year 21 weeks agoWell put. So, can we (or
Well put. So, can we (or preferably Road.CC) put this fact to the minister and then ask him to provide a sensible answer as to how the above statistics are consistent with his apparent statement essentially calling cyclists to do more when in fact its motorists (as a general rule) who actually need to put some effort in?
I would love to hear his response and then push him to answer why it is too much to ask one group to stop slaughtering another group for want of adherence to traffic law, basic respect for life and simple courtesy on what is a shared resource funded by us all.
- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says cyclists must "do their bit" on road safety1 year 21 weeks agoDo their bit? Sure, but how?
Do their bit? Sure, but how? Kill ourselves to save the drunk doing it? Wear a helmet to make us invulnerable to the oncoming 2.5 tonne Range Rover Sport overtaking in a stupid place? Carry a light house to help the ignorant see us through the haze of their smoky tobacco filled cabin? Words of an idiot who clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Then again we could blame the child for the pedophile attack, or perhaps the Jewish for the holocaust...but that's not P.C. is it? Disgusting.
Let's up the ante. How about as cyclists we treat pedestrians with the same level of care as some motorists treat cyclists? We know for example that cyclists could kill (accidentally of course) around 100 people per year and government wouldn't get involved as those are the kind of figures we see each year between fatal attacks concerning motorist and cyclists.
Of course I'm not advocating the above but it gets you thinking. If a lynch mob were to start seriously injuring and killing pedestrians how long would it be before the public were up in arms about it and demanding action? Not long I'm sure. Can you imagine if say 100 pedestrians were killed by drunk/drugged/aggressive cyclists and another few hundred thousand maimed and seriously injured?
Of course when government did come knocking we could simply throw the excuse back that motoring die hards use
- sorry, mate didn't see you
- it's your own fault for being in the way
- you're a danger to yourself and others
- you don't pay pavement tax (non-existant just like road tax!)
How is the continual slaughtering of one group by another more aggressive group for the want of basic courtesy and respect for life not a human rights issue?!! Now that's a topic I would be interested to explore.
- AG2R's Steve Houanard provisionally suspended after testing positive for EPO1 year 21 weeks agoHe's a sprinter who hasn't
He's a sprinter who hasn't really broken through yet. His only appearance being at GP Quebec, where he finished 22nd.
Strange that a sprinter is caught though. Doping is normally associated with climbers/GC guys
- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says cyclists must "do their bit" on road safety1 year 21 weeks agoWatched a programme on ITV
Watched a programme on ITV today called "The Chase" Hosted by Bradley Walsh (A Quiz Programme) one of the questions was : "What are Inconsiderate Lycra louts Commonly Known as?"
Answer : Cyclists!
We need a Think Cyclist For Safety Campaign. Life is precious to all; keep us safe and secure as we ride on lifes highway.
Everyone should ride a bike - maybe they would appreciate the difficulties we face on the road? Because we all drive cars you know.
- Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says cyclists must "do their bit" on road safety1 year 21 weeks agoColeman wrote:"Oi! You lot onColeman wrote:
"Oi! You lot on the push bikes. Do your bit and stop getting run over. Perhaps you should just leave the bike at home. That way cycling fatalities will drop dramatically. Thanks awfully."
What a prat.
Then we can ad to the road congestion by using our cars!
We have an IDIOT for Transport in our Government.
Prat is correct!
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoSuperb... Made me feel happy
Superb... Made me feel happy to be alive, a smile on my face and an amazed chuckle at many of the stunts... God like bike control... One skilled and cool guy!!! Tops! Thank you very much for showing us this.
- AG2R's Steve Houanard provisionally suspended after testing positive for EPO1 year 21 weeks agoSteve who?
- Hill climbing, I'm getting used to this...1 year 21 weeks agoSimon E wrote:I'm 62kg, notSimon E wrote:
I'm 62kg, not sure losing a bit more would make much difference.
good grief. hillclimbers are like fecking jockeys!
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoWhat model are the wheels?
What model are the wheels?
- Lucy Garner fulfils Dutch dream as she joins Argos-Shimano1 year 21 weeks agoGood news this.
Good news this.
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoSo we asked him, and this is
So we asked him, and this is what he said:Martyn wrote:
I can honetsly say that i didn't break a single thing. the bike is all good and I rode it on a normal road ride yesterday. I did have a spare set of wheels from hope but they are still in their boxes. Had some great crashes though, the out-takes edit should be quite funny
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agorussyparkin wrote:anyone whorussyparkin wrote:
anyone who can do stoppies on road calipers is clearly a witch. BURN THE WITCH!!
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoSomeone I know just bought
Someone I know just bought one of these Pinarellos, dunno what she'll think about the video clip
I prefer GT85 to WD40 but there isn't much in it
- Trials ace takes Wiggins’ bike for a spin + video1 year 21 weeks agoanyone who can do stoppies on
anyone who can do stoppies on road calipers is clearly a witch. BURN THE WITCH!!