- Level crossing near-miss cyclist interviewed by police1 year 6 weeks agoI would agree. I imagine she
I would agree. I imagine she has learnt her lesson and nothing the police could do would come close to what nearly happened to her.
- National Rail app adds bike info functions1 year 6 weeks agoJust give me online booking.
Just give me online booking. Desktop, mobile, I don't care so long as it easier than it currently is.
- Level crossing near-miss cyclist interviewed by police1 year 6 weeks agoI imagine she has suffered
I imagine she has suffered enough. Both in fright and shame. She's the poster girl for idiots the world over and she should give permission for foolishness to be used in educational videos.
- US Postal dilemma1 year 6 weeks agoWow, that's a lot of kit! Who
Wow, that's a lot of kit! Who else has pictures of piles of kit? I've only recently expanded to a second jersey after many a year! On topic. Wear it. I rarely even notice what others are wearing unless its a polka dot jersey!
- Just in: Cooper Monaco1 year 6 weeks agoi cant help but think they
i cant help but think they nearly got it right, but just missed on everything, real shame
- Team GB rider Lewis Oliva gets back stolen bike after thief advertises it on Facebook1 year 6 weeks agolocal hero coffee shop in
local hero coffee shop in kingston on a weekend morning is similar, instead of team GB though it is MAMILs having a dick waving contest .
- David Cameron: Sentence for Bristol tandem death driver may be reviewed1 year 6 weeks agoGizmo_ wrote:racyrichGizmo_ wrote:racyrich wrote:
Disqualified or otherwise unlicenced drivers should not have the luxury of being tried using motoring laws. It's assault with a deadly weapon, or in this case, double manslaughter.
That's an interesting idea.
+1. Along lines that if you aren't a 'proper driver', you don't get the protection of being tried under driving laws. Works for me.
- Continental 4000s vs. 4 Season? 23 vs. 20?1 year 6 weeks ago+10 Bedfordshire Clanger. I
+10 Bedfordshire Clanger. I have exactly the same set up. Nowt more to say on either tyre type or size.
- Tour of Beijing1 year 6 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:andynicTERatcliffe26 wrote:andynic wrote:
Polanc for a 3.0 is my punt.
Ive gone for the other Lampre at 3.0
Funny - I had both of them in mind too, and have ended up with one in purist and the other in standard.
Its a bugger to pick for - difficult to know who's on form and who gives a monkey's. Shame there's no TT with so many good TTers in the line-up, I thought they'd bring it back after last year, makes sense to me so soon after the Worlds.
- Just in: Cooper Monaco1 year 6 weeks agoThe headtube angle doesn't
The headtube angle doesn't help. What is that.. 45 degrees? There's relaxed and there's bent.
- road.cc's Bike Locking Bible1 year 6 weeks agoPro tip: Lock with wheels
Pro tip: Lock with wheels flat against railings where possible to prevent vandals from randomly bending them.
- Boardman launch Elite Series flagship, the AiR/TTE1 year 6 weeks agoThat looks very pleasing to
That looks very pleasing to the eye. They should do an aero road bike next.
- Tour of Beijing1 year 6 weeks agoandynic wrote:Polanc for aandynic wrote:
Polanc for a 3.0 is my punt.
Ive gone for the other Lampre at 3.0
- Level crossing near-miss cyclist interviewed by police1 year 6 weeks agoChuck the book at her, she's
Chuck the book at her, she's asked for it!
It's idiots like her that give cyclists a bad name.
- US Postal dilemma1 year 6 weeks agoCrosshouses wrote:I like toCrosshouses wrote:
I like to see a bit of retro kit and I don't suppose anyone will mistake you for LA.
So I'd wave, but judging by your comment on the 'grumpy git' thread you'd ignore me
"I give an almost imperceptible nod or raised fingers to someone going the other way, just in case they don't reply. If someone gives the nod first I am more responsive.
Meanwhile some guys say 'hey' as they over take me. I translate this as 'I am f***ing beating you sucka, eat my dust.' So I tend not to say anything when I overtake someone so as not to rub it in (cause I iz beatin thems, yeah, me!)"
I am really happy to see other roadies going the other way (not so happy to be overtaken,) so a little wave of recognition is really welcome.
@freespirit1 I don't dislike you, I just wonder what you are doing still reading the forum. After your vocal discontent at us road cyclists coming down and making one Sunday inconvenient for you, the fact that you are still here makes me think you might be a little persuaded that a bike can solve your problems. It is transport and exercise; a culture, a sport, a hobby. Have you decided what bike you are going to buy?
@djb123 Obviously I am showing my age, even though I have kept my kit in good nick. I was never tempted by the pink of Telecom. All my kits are primaries, Black, white, blue, red, yellow. Though if I did buy a Sky kit now (I won't) would I have to wait ten years to wear it so you know I am not a fanboy? [says an obviously conflicted former Lance fanboy.]
- Saxo Bank boosts backing to fill hole left by Tinkoff, Contador to remain with team1 year 6 weeks agoHate to bring up the same old
Hate to bring up the same old stories, but it's a shame that Riis the unrepentent looks to be going nowhere for the forseeable future. In this (hopefully) new dawn under the new regime at the UCI, Riis needs to start justifying his continued place in a position of power by discussing his doping past openly, and becoming part of the process of moving the sport forward. Saxo-bank appear not to have any qualms.
- Rookie league, new player questions and discussions1 year 6 weeks agoPopular, means at a certain
Popular, means at a certain percentage picked them in the last stage or race. I can't remember what that percentage is though
- Boardman launch Elite Series flagship, the AiR/TTE1 year 6 weeks agoTrek Speed Concept.
Trek Speed Concept.
- Inquest finds accidental death after policeman crashes on Greenhow Hill1 year 6 weeks agoRIP
- Northants start for Women's Tour in May 2014 - race will feature world's best female riders1 year 6 weeks agoGreat for woman's cycling,
Great for woman's cycling, Would have been nice to spread it out around the country though
- Level crossing near-miss cyclist interviewed by police1 year 6 weeks agoWhat are the BTP
What are the BTP considering?
There is a case for without due care, cycling furiously and trespass on a railway. All too indicative of Plod's refusal to use the law's and powers they already have to control driver's cyclists, motorcyclists and any user of wheeled transport.
- Level crossing near-miss cyclist interviewed by police1 year 6 weeks agoSome of the level crossings
Some of the level crossings in Sussex can be down for 10 min or so, especially when waiting for 3 trains in succession. So I can understand frustration if they close as you approach them.
She very stupid and very lucky and I'm guessing she'll not be doing that again.
- Rookie league, new player questions and discussions1 year 6 weeks agoI see a lot of riders are
I see a lot of riders are labeled 'Popular Riders'. What does 'Popular' mean? When a rider is marked as 'Popular,' is that becaase they were 'Popular' in the last race or because they are 'Popular' in the current teams people are fidgeting around with right now? So is the 'Popular' standing calculated every day? Are there a certain amount of 'Popular' riders, say the Top 20 'Most Popular Riders'? Or are they shown because they have been selected say by more than 20% - or some other number - of the teams? Just wondering...
- US Postal dilemma1 year 6 weeks agoI for one do not care what
I for one do not care what you wear, I also know you don't like me too much. However there is no point letting it rot away and you might as well use it.
You are obviously not Armstrong and if anyone wants to hurl abuse at you because of what you are wearing they really need to get out more.
Though if anyone started lobbing syringes at you I would perhaps have a rethink.
- US Postal dilemma1 year 6 weeks agoI'd use the "care factor" as
I'd use the "care factor" as in, Do I really care what others think??