- Giro d'Italia - Rest Day1 year 10 weeks agoYeah, Gesink looks solid but
Yeah, Gesink looks solid but he's liable to fall over at any point, and I agree, Evans will probably target a stage win or point jersey if he starts to fall behind on GC.
I'm wondering if tomorrow is too early for the proper mountain goats, Pozzovivo, Scarponi etc, to really start trying to make up time or whether they'll sit and wait for the last week. Scarponi probably needs 4 minutes or more on everyone to have a chance at winning.
Also, what do you think are the odds of Sky letting Henao/Uran off the chain and having them attack Nibali? Might work as a good tactic that'd benefit Wiggins in the long run. Have the two climbers trying to gain time on Nibali putting him under pressure and make him work to keep them in check before Wiggins guns it in an effort to drop everyone.
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 10 weeks agoLike this one, and I am
Like this one, and I am really sorry to hear of your experience. I am tested everyday on my commute through cornwall (it is more to do with 'locals' driving fast along their regular rural routes in my case) and to keep mindful that the only person I can do anything about is MYSELF, is not always easy. I try not to do anything that will provoke aggression, although that is not to say I will not sometimes assert my rights (in order to promote my safety). I try to reward good behavoir (ie wave at those who do give me room and wait to overtake) and not to react to the bad.
I also appreciate that however I behave may well affect how that driver will react to another cyclist in the future, if I am as kind and compassionate as possible, just maybe, they might not be so aggressive to the next cyclist. Every cyclist has a responsibility to behave responsibly as their actions may cause problems for other cyclists (well that is what I think anyway).
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 10 weeks agoYeah, I've been totally
Yeah, I've been totally dropped by Wig_Billy now and am pedalling squares as the rest of you close in. Really bad week for me with almost every 50-50 decision going the wrong way!
TER may even move up to second once the Cali scores from yesterday have been amended - I haven't worked it out but it'll certainly be close!
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 10 weeks agoAfter the first time the car
After the first time the car squeezes him, i would've banged on it too, but then to try and pass and get back in front when there's no space is stupidity and escalated the situation. If he stayed behind it instead of passing then the guy drives off, annoyed but had proved his point.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agoOk, so if a kamikaze cyclist
Ok, so if a kamikaze cyclist serves in front of your car, you hit him as you cannot avoid him. You do not have proof that you are not at fault, nor does he have proof of any kind.
You get sued.
as a car driver and a cyclist, I find this unfair. Would it not have the effect of increasing the amount of compensation
claims that are erroneous?
Someone bringing a civil claim should need to prove fault, surely.
And if the aim is to improve safety and driver behaviour, the powers that be should focus on increasing penalties and prosecution rates on the criminal side, rather than this focus on compensation and the civil courts
- Giro Tech Video: Vincenzo Nibali's Astana Specialized Tarmac SL4 Shark special1 year 10 weeks agoAny idea on the music? Sounds
Any idea on the music? Sounds like Mogwai...?
- Giro d'Italia - Rest Day1 year 10 weeks agoI also think Wiggins will be
I also think Wiggins will be stronger in the proper mountains, although whether he can beat Nibali is another matter. Ideal situation for the British cycling fan in a way - it'll be far more exciting watching him try to come from behind than it was to watch him and his teammates (rightly) kill a race last year that was tailor-made for him. Could be set for a brilliant couple of weeks if he finds top form.
And could this be Gesink's breakthrough to a Grand Tour podium?? Dare I say he has looked very solid so far, as have his team.
Evans? Wouldn't be surprised to see him go for the points jersey if he can't quite push for pink. Looking a better fantasy pick than Wiggo for sure, although we'll know a lot more after tomorrow...
- Achievements - Understanding1 year 10 weeks agoIt's all in here.
It's all in here. http://fantasy.road.cc/howto
- Achievements - Understanding1 year 10 weeks agoYes, as I said the first time
Yes, as I said the first time you asked:drheaton wrote:
Stage podium is for finishing in the top three fantasy teams for the stage. So, your team needs to have one of the highest three scores out of all the teams playing the stage to get that.
Also, yesterday was classed as a HM (High Mountain) stage and there isn't a badge for that, the King of the Mountain badge is for Summit Finishes only.
- Giro Tech Video: Vincenzo Nibali's Astana Specialized Tarmac SL4 Shark special1 year 10 weeks ago'his investigation has not
'his investigation has not been formally closed yet.'
- Mont Ventoux next weekend1 year 10 weeks agopjay...the surface isn't
pjay...the surface isn't 'rough'. It's just not mirror-smooth. The descent to Sault is a nice fast one through the woods and into the lavender fields. Beautiful.
Alex - you'll have a great time. Just pack for all eventualities, it might be nearly June, but it's a mountain. Had heatstroke in May, and freezing cold fog in July when I've been out there. Take a windproof if nothing else, and some cash for coffees at Chalet Reynard on the way down.
Enjoy...and start planning your return
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agodriver is guilty because they
driver is guilty because they are in charge of the car and all its occupants i believe, isn't it the case that if a passenger refusese to wear a seatbelt the driver can be prosecuted?
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 91 year 10 weeks agoCan someone explain to me how
Can someone explain to me how these achievements work for premium members...
So I had Westra in my team for Tour of California, and he won the first stage, but i didn't get an achievement, should i not have gained the following?
Podium placing on any game stage
- Texting at wheel kills more US teens than drunk-driving says new study1 year 10 weeks agoSaw a woman texting while
Saw a woman texting while driving up to a bike shop with two kids in the back of the car. Couldn't help thinking what her reaction would be if one of her kids had been in an incident caused by another driver texting.
- Giro d'Italia - Rest Day1 year 10 weeks agoHesjedal was a shock the
Hesjedal was a shock the other day on that climb...He just seemed to die....Tomorrow should tell us a bit more about Cadel after the first really properly hilly day...
Few strange things happening on this tour for me though..I cannot believe Intxaustis TT in the pink...he is such a strong consistent TT'er,and I thought the distance and terrain were made for him...
Cannot believe what I am seeing from Wiggo on these descents at the moment....It looks as though he has never ridden a bike before...
Roll on tomorrow...
- Texting at wheel kills more US teens than drunk-driving says new study1 year 10 weeks agoOr raise the age for being
Or raise the age for being able to get a car licence until after high school?
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 10 weeks agoApparently at 2:00 you can
Apparently at 2:00 you can hear the fat lunitic threaten him and order someone to fetch the person to carry out the threat but I didn't pick this up on my quick scan through the footage.
Hopefully the Police deal with it but I agree the cyclist could have avoided confrontation but it does stagger me that drivers believe they have the right to behave like this.
- Oakleys - are they worth it?1 year 10 weeks agoI would guess that most
I would guess that most glasses over £30 - £35 will be just as good as the Oakley's. There are some great glasses made by smaller brands like Julbo, Cebe, BBB and Uvex that will be as good. With Oakley you are paying as much for a bit of branding and fashion as anything else.
- Giro Tech Video: Vincenzo Nibali's Astana Specialized Tarmac SL4 Shark special1 year 10 weeks ago"but I digress"?
"but I digress"?
It's my understanding that the suspicious substances found with di Gregorio in the end turned out to be just vitamins - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/di-gregorio-cleared-to-race-and-threaten...
It would only seem fair and just to also mention this in your piece.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agoAdded to this, of course, is
Added to this, of course, is the fact that, knowing such a reversed presumption exists, motorists might be that little bit more careful.
- Giro d'Italia - Rest Day1 year 10 weeks agoWhat about Evans? He's
What about Evans? He's looked strong but he claims his target is the Tour, is he lying or will he ease off in the last week of the Giro? He looks strong but I don't know how long he can keep up with the rest.
Also, what happened to Hesjedal?! He's not looked as strong as I expected.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agoPerpetrator and innocence?
Perpetrator and innocence? They're not charged with a crime. They're claimed to be at fault.
It's simply a reversal. Currently the burden falls with the Claimant in all cases. Here the burden would fall to the dangerous vehicle user to show that they were not at fault. If they were not then they will escape liability.
Of course, a lot depends on witnessess and proof. But that's no different now to where the claimant, who, remember has been injured, stands.
As to the present case I would imagine, even without knowing the facts, that the Court will simply determine it on a fault basis and dodge presumed liability
- Giro d'Italia - Rest Day1 year 10 weeks agoNibali all the way....Wiggins
Nibali all the way....Wiggins not in top 3....Anymore rain and he will not finish in top 10....
- Giro Tech Video: Vincenzo Nibali's Astana Specialized Tarmac SL4 Shark special1 year 10 weeks agoWell, I am sure everyone was
Well, I am sure everyone was expecting me to comment!
Stunning bike. Although my loyalty is being pulled in more than one direction these days - more on that another time though!
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agoHang on a second
Hang on a second Benderthebot, I have nothing against compensation per se, and understand it's propose. As for making presumptions about this case -well you can't and neither can I, as we don't know the facts from both sides. I was merely pointing out the stakes, in a situation where the individual, not the insurance company, can be sued.
Yes the claimant should still have to prove the alleged perpetrator is at fault, using strict liability puts the onus on the person being sued to prove his innocence, does it not?
This, I believe is still inherently unfair.