- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoThe man is a complete
The man is a complete gentleman and if Wiggo goes for the Giro which is 99.9% ceetain he wont be in any shape for the Tour.
He will play the part as team leader, wearing the number 1, but it will be Froome who is going to win, 100% certain of that.
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoNo worries; because Contador
No worries; because Contador is going to spoil the Sky Party.
I'd back Wiggins for overall positioning.
- Top 10 affordable upgrades for your bike1 year 17 weeks agoThanks for that
Thanks for that alwaysapleasure those psychadelic ones look good.
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoop1983 wrote:There is surelyop1983 wrote:
There is surely no way he can attempt to target the giro and the tour in the same year. It was different days when Pantani was racing as we all know.
The Giro's route this year does make it a bit more of a possibility but it's still a tall order. Will be interesting to see if Contador's plans include enough steak to do both!
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoI dont think there is any
I dont think there is any love lost between Wiggo and Froomey. Wiggo's body language towards Froomey was pretty clear to me from what I saw. Whatever happens in 2013 between these two is going to be very interesting indeed.
- Just In: Merida Scultura SL Team1 year 17 weeks agoTerrible looking bike - at
Terrible looking bike - at £6k I would be amazed if they sell a single one..
- FS: On-One Il Pompino1 year 17 weeks agoHi,
Afraid the Pomp is now
Afraid the Pomp is now sold.
Apologies for being so slow to respond.
- Top 10 affordable upgrades for your bike1 year 17 weeks agohow about a glastonbury based
how about a glastonbury based firm for custom top caps instead of the american one! http://www.kapz.co.uk/ I used them to get a couple of presents for mates, top customer service as well as a good product!
- Top 10 affordable upgrades for your bike1 year 17 weeks agowhat about new tyres? You
what about new tyres? You can get a set for under £15, even in red! And they might just improve performance.
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoHaving read a bit of Wiggo's
Having read a bit of Wiggo's recent book I get the sense that saying he will defend the tour is a bit of mind games. There is surely no way he can attempt to target the giro and the tour in the same year. It was different days when Pantani was racing as we all know. If Wiggo gets the giro and then claims to be leader for the tour I suspect he is just being a good team leader and taking the pressure away for Froome to lead the tour team with Wiggo as the fall back should Froome suffer the same fate as Wiggo in 2011. In the first few chapters of his book it is fairly clear that Wiggo understands (now - not in 2010) how to be the senior member of a team and to absorb the pressure and lead the rest of the team.
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoWhatever happens or
Whatever happens or whatever's said now, Brailsford and Shane Sutton will go for the plan that gives Sky the best shot at winning both Giro and the Tour. Riders' personal ambitions won't factor into that decision. Wiggo will go for the Giro - that's incontestabble. I suspect in the end Froome will be the leader at the Tour with Wiggo as Plan B. God knows anything can happen between now and then, or as the race unfolds. Not to mention Froome's susceptibility to that bleeding bilharzia...
- WiggoWall - Bradley joins the house band for the SPOTY after-show party1 year 17 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:It is a shockerGkam84 wrote:
It is a shocker while all the other guys are hard in training
Just as well that he got a headstart on the rest of the squad and put in an 11 day/ 7 hours per day training block in Mallorca just before Sunday, then
Dont think we need to worry too much about Bradders work ethic. When he's on, he's seriously on.
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoNo matter how strong Wiggo
No matter how strong Wiggo is, I prefer Froome's explosive style of climbing. Much more exciting to watch.
I'm also quite surprised to see how Sky's tactics shift towards full support for Wiggo instead of a more balanced plan. This might end up in a conflict, which could lead to both riders losing the race just because of their personal ambitions. It's going to be interesting to see how it works out eventually.
- Police appeals in Cambridgeshire and Bristol after cyclists mugged for their bikes1 year 17 weeks agoIf you cannot ride clear get
If you cannot ride clear get off the bike - you are then much more stable and can use the bike as a defensive shield.
A 700c directly into the crotch is a pretty effective way to stop someone in their tracks, and keeps you a crossbar-length clear of any flying punches.
Failing that I predict an increasing demand for getting a taxi or bus home late at night, with your bike - check out the near empty buses roaming Bristol late at night, space for bikes - and mostly going up the hills as well.
- Chris Froome says he'll work to Team Sky plan in next summer's Tour de France - whatever it is1 year 17 weeks agoIt all sounds good coming
It all sounds good coming just now.....Wait till the tour.
Wiggo and Froome going up a climb like this year, Wiggo steady tempo, Froome knows he can out climbing him, dancing on the pedals while everyone else drops back.
Will Froome really sit back and wait, after all, how many more chances is he going to get and Wiggo's already had a turn at winning.....BOOM, Bye Froomy as he shoots off, only to be seen again at the finish line
Thats how I want to see it pan out. With Wiggo taking the Giro, Then JTL taking the Vuelta
- December 17 is Danger Day on Britain's roads, say insurers1 year 17 weeks agoI heard there was a fatal in
I heard there was a fatal in Southampton today, closed roads, 2 arrests, one dead cyclist...
- WiggoWall - Bradley joins the house band for the SPOTY after-show party1 year 17 weeks agoThere's a longer and worse
There's a longer and worse shot video here where he plays a Jam song first. Looking at the pic of him after, well I can't play the guitar when I'm that mashed. But then my time trialling is pretty lacklustre too.
- Avon Road Club 1928 - 19301 year 17 weeks agoAH ok, Avon Road Club is a
AH ok, Avon Road Club is a harder find, but your best bet might to be get in touch with some of the local clubs around that area now and see what they can tell you. I'll keep looking though
- For Sale: Mavic Zxellium Ultimate Carbon Road Shoes 2012 - New & Unused1 year 17 weeks agoHi are these still for sale.
Hi are these still for sale. Slightly too big, but would take them at the right price.
- December 17 is Danger Day on Britain's roads, say insurers1 year 17 weeks agoAccident on my way home.
Accident on my way home. Didn't see what had happened but an ambulance was on scene. I think it was a pedestrian hit by a car that was travelling in the other direction. That stretch of road is dangerous as people go too fast.
- i think i may be carrying too much stuff,when riding my road bike.1 year 17 weeks agoFor ~2 hours:
Seat pack with
For ~2 hours:
Seat pack with inner tube, tyre lever, multitool, Snickers/fruit bar, zipties, toe strap, cash.
Lezyne mini pump and 1 water bottle on the bike.
Jersey pocket holds a pertex windshirt (wore it too often this year! ) and, if I'm considering unfamiliar lanes, a page from a road atlas folded in a poly pocket.
At this time of year I fit lights if it may start to go dark before I'm home, as it did last week, otherwise the Electron Backupz.
I don't generally stop on rides other than at a village shop for a water refill on longer rides. On those I take a second bar, a puncture kit, chain tool and second inner tube.
- This week I have been mostly listening to...1 year 17 weeks agorush - Snakes and Arrows
rush - Snakes and Arrows
rush - Counterparts
rush - 2112
Tangerine Dream (!!!)
Vivaldi's Four Seasons
Spectral Mornings - Steve Hackett
and right now Metallica - Justice for all ....
tomorrow's drive in is "podded" up .... BB King, Muddy
Waters and leadbelly
and i'm 49
- Just In: Merida Scultura SL Team1 year 17 weeks agoInteresting bike,I'll be
Interesting bike,I'll be interested to read the full review though - It looks like it would snap into pieces under my 13 stones.
- Top 10 affordable upgrades for your bike1 year 17 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:I'll have to getGkam84 wrote:
I'll have to get a stem cap for the trike, Maybe some decals from Flandria aswell.
Just need to name her now
Take a leaf from Ben Ainslie: Rita (which always reminds me of the Alton Towers ride Rita Queen of Speed)
- WiggoWall - Bradley joins the house band for the SPOTY after-show party1 year 17 weeks agoNot a day he is ever likely
Not a day he is ever likely to remember