- Canyon Ultimate CF fit?1 year 15 weeks agoWhat about the rest of the
What about the rest of the geo's ?
I had an Allez and a Nanolight and whilst I was comfy
within seconds on the Nanolight I could never get the
allez dialled in - sold to Gkam in the end and bought
Allez 54cm frame
548mm TT, 145mm HT, stack 547mm, reach 387mm
Nanolight 53cm frame
555mm TT, 155mm HT, stack 557mm, reach 389mm
As you can see there's only minor differences but those
couple of mm made the Allez feel horrible compared to the
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agoWor Lass who like me is very
Wor Lass who like me is very excited re the Leeds Grand Depart, was born in Leeds....... On January 17th!!!!!!
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agoBawtry was rumoured as a
Bawtry was rumoured as a stage finish, but I think that was just wishful thinking by locals...
- Expat British policeman in Bermuda handed two-year-ban for EPO use1 year 15 weeks agoAgree - very depressing. I
Agree - very depressing. I was on a highly promoted 9 day ride, and from the performances of some it seemed like they may have been doped. The performances of some, considering their shape, size and age of some of the participants, appeared to be a little too good (although not amazing). It's very sad if it is seeping into the amateur ranks.
Cycling, and other athletic/endurance events seem to be having the problem that body building and weight lifting had, and continues to have.
Will this ever end?
- Doping: Padua magistrate says nothing has changed in cycling1 year 15 weeks agoColin PeyresourdeColin Peyresourde wrote:
Anti-doping is a good thing, but there is no real political cache from it.
There is if you are (effectively) a public prosecutor. Building a name for yourself as the high profile prosecutor who took down all those doping cyclists is clear political motivation.
I'm not saying he's lying about there being doping in cycling (we knew that already), nor that I don't want him to find it and prosecute those engaged in it. But being sensationalist about it doesn't help to eradicate it - in fact, it just makes the problem worse when those who are coming up through the sport think there's no other way to win. If he stuck to the facts, rather than veering off into hyperbole, his comments wouldn't raise so many suspicious eyebrows.
- Review: how was your 2012?1 year 15 weeks agoNo, it was the Tour de
No, it was the Tour de Francis chap.
- Mark Cavendish heads to Argentina for Omega Pharma-Quick Step debut (+ video)1 year 15 weeks agoI like all the shots of Cav
I like all the shots of Cav with his new bestie Tommeke
- Mark Cavendish heads to Argentina for Omega Pharma-Quick Step debut (+ video)1 year 15 weeks agoYou can always trust Cav to
You can always trust Cav to be pro and say cuddly things about the team and sponsors...
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agoYork will almost certainly
York will almost certainly figure, although impossible to tell whether it will be a stage town yet... we'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks. With no Prologue, it would be unusual to have a road stage start and finish in the same place though.
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agore: "expected stage 2 finish
re: "expected stage 2 finish in Sheffield" - so the current rumoured plan is a start and finish in Leeds for Stage 1, then from Leeds to Sheffield in stage 2? Or from Leeds to X in stage 1?
- Mark Cavendish heads to Argentina for Omega Pharma-Quick Step debut (+ video)1 year 15 weeks agoHe's riding SRAM, end of deal
He's riding SRAM, end of deal with Pro/Shimano or a 'get him on a bike and make a promo' type thing?
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agoThey'd be well served to get
They'd be well served to get onto the chalk ridge round Royston way and follow it down through the Chilterns before looping back east into London.
And then I can cry when I see just how quickly the Pro's fly up my local climbs.
- What are your plans for 2013 ......1 year 15 weeks agoI'm gonna stop being a pussy
I'm gonna stop being a pussy ie rule #5
and just get out as much as poss and push for silver at my 3rd Dartmoor classic. Year 1 i crawled home with severe knee pain(sorted now) year 2 got screwed by awful head wind!
So training, training and more training
- Review: how was your 2012?1 year 15 weeks agoJohn Bishop?
- Canyon Ultimate CF fit?1 year 15 weeks agomany thanks!
- FS: Dawes Galaxy1 year 15 weeks agoNow SOLD to Andy S. Enjoy it,
Now SOLD to Andy S. Enjoy it, Andy!
- What are your plans for 2013 ......1 year 15 weeks agoGo under 28 minutes for a
Go under 28 minutes for a 10.
Go under 2:25 for the 52 mile route of the Great Manchester Cycle.
Get out with the club as many Sundays as possible.
If I manage to switch workplaces to somewhere that's a good commuting distance, all the better.
- Scottish cycle spending takes the high road1 year 15 weeks agoScotland needs tourism. Id
Scotland needs tourism. Id like to come up and cycle that route. In equal balance, all of the cities of Scotland (and England/Wales) need investment for cyclists to be safely catered for when commuting, £3.9m wont even touch that.
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agoI
- Dan Hunt returns to Team Sky as Sports Director1 year 15 weeks agoIt looks black and woolly
It looks black and woolly enough. Good to see quality blood coming into pro cycling, apologies for the pun. Lets hope its being cleaned once and for all
- Dan Hunt returns to Team Sky as Sports Director1 year 15 weeks ago'Hunt believes that the fact
'Hunt believes that the fact he wasn’t a pro rider means he can bring a fresh way of thinking to the role – some might add that it also means that he is guaranteed to be free of the baggage that last autumn led to sports director Steven De Jongh and race coach Bobby Julich left the team after admitting doping during their riding careers'
Well, yes, of course. Let's just say the gene pool on offer amongst the current peloton's back room staff hardly offers a source of risk free recruitment in that context
- Tour de France 2014: Cambridge to London via...?1 year 15 weeks agoHeaven help them if they run
Heaven help them if they run any red lights...
- Dan Hunt returns to Team Sky as Sports Director1 year 15 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:Is thatnotfastenough wrote:
Is that one of the new Rapha items he's wearing?
Yep. If you look on the Team Sky website they've put up new pics of all the back room staff, plus riders, wearing the new kit in each profile section
- Dan Hunt returns to Team Sky as Sports Director1 year 15 weeks agoIs that one of the new Rapha
Is that one of the new Rapha items he's wearing?
- Doping: Padua magistrate says nothing has changed in cycling1 year 15 weeks agoThe response to this article
The response to this article seems odd. More people seem to be agitated by who is commenting and not what he is saying.
I don't think the content of what he is saying is particularly political. Just the opposite. Anti-doping is a good thing, but there is no real political cache from it. If we take what he is saying about athletes regularly doping and evading tests and that the Padua investigation is likely to expose Italian riders it is likely to harm Italy's cycling/sporting progress compared to nations which do not attempt to tackle the situation.
It's all very disturbing. But if we learnt anything from the Vuelta it's that we are still firmly in the age of doping and that much has to be done to eradicate it.