- Baldwin Titanium custom frame1 year 4 weeks agoNice to see new products but
Nice to see new products but you can get a MUCH MUCH BETTER product from Burls Titanium. He offers endless options, top quality welds/finish and excellent pricing. I won't be swapping my Burls for this lumpy effort!
- UCI Track Worlds: GB's Joanna Rowsell wins individual pursuit (+ link to video)1 year 4 weeks agoFantastic rider and a
Fantastic rider and a fantastic woman. Well done Jo!
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 4 weeks ago3 mens races today in
3 mens races today in VDS:
are my mini-teams
- Southampton City Council “satisfied” with “innovative” junction + video of riding through it1 year 4 weeks agoThat video is scary and
That video is scary and should be used for training purposes - "This is how not to design a junction".
My advice is still "Ignore the Paint - Treat it like any other Junction".
- Chris Boardman to assess Jeremy Clarkson's cycling safety public information film on Sunday's Top Gear1 year 4 weeks agoI predict Clarkson to go on a
I predict Clarkson to go on a monologue about how tough and scary to actually was, how he now has utmost respect for anyone with the balls to get out there on a bike. I'd put a tenner on it.
They are able to do more serious stuff from time to time, like the rally car racing with the injured soldiers etc. so I'm expecting this cycling piece to be the series' serious segment. Otherwise Boardman wouldn't be involved.
- UCI Track Worlds: GB's Joanna Rowsell wins individual pursuit (+ link to video)1 year 4 weeks agoInspirational!
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 4 weeks agoThe site is reporting
The site is reporting problems Stumps
deadline extended till 1200 CET
- Genesis go carbon (but just the forks for now) and 28mm tyres for 20151 year 4 weeks agoMy 25mm Specialized
My 25mm Specialized Armadillos are wider than my 28mm Vittoria Randonneurs
But, yes, can we move on from "fashion" tyres please? And could the manufacturers leave just a bit more space? If it's seat tube clearance I accept that's the bike's geometry, but it's often the rear brake stay - like that would make a difference a few mm higher?
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 4 weeks agoTypical i tried to log and
Typical i tried to log and create a team but for some reason i kept getting chucked off the site (probably my computer set up) so i've missed out on putting a team in.
Never mind, hope you all have a fab time.
- Leeds vetoes proposal to spend less on council cars, more on cycling1 year 4 weeks agoThe lack of commitment here
The lack of commitment here is very sad. As a city, Leeds is crying out for better use of bikes as commuter transport and it really wouldn't be that difficult given the number of schemes which could be taken 'off the shelf'. Councillors could even go and visit some of these schemes in other towns to ensure they max out on their 65ppm
The most likely long term outcome of Le Grand Departe in Leeds is very little, other than businesses reflecting on the short term big money they made during the Event and looking for the next cash cow to come along.
- Chris Boardman to assess Jeremy Clarkson's cycling safety public information film on Sunday's Top Gear1 year 4 weeks agoI can see it now, JC or May
I can see it now, JC or May will be tootling along when a car screams past them, so close they wobble and nearly come off. Its all caught on camera and when its shown it will be "nearly got knocked off" and "thats why its not safe to cycle in London so use your car".
It will get the point over that its dangerous to cycle in London but not that it should be made safer.
- Omloop Het Nieuwsblad1 year 4 weeks agoIs Stybar not
Is Stybar not starting?
- Southampton City Council “satisfied” with “innovative” junction + video of riding through it1 year 4 weeks agoHow about
How about this:
Or some more details:
- Eurosport Player - any good this year?1 year 4 weeks agoSanderville wrote:DefinitelySanderville wrote:
Definitely Ligget and Sherwen are certainly an abomination. During the TDU they kept banging on about what huge fans they are of some bloke called "Jens Voyt." If they're such big fans then why don't they say his name right?
A little off topic, but I do love how Jens's surname, properly pronounced, is essentially the same as a northern English person saying "f***ed".
Which is why I could never be a cycling commentator. I'd end up with a mouth full of asterisks.
- Omloop Het Nieuwsblad1 year 4 weeks agoPurist and standard the same
Purist and standard the same - picked about a week ago and given no thought since! It feels a bit random now, but thats often the way with Omloop...
- o-synce navi2coach GPS computer1 year 4 weeks agoI know of one guy who had a
I know of one guy who had a leaky garmin, but on the whole they are reliable and pretty much industry standard, I don't know anyone who has any alternative unit.
It's very difficult given Garmin's vast budget for new entrants to get in, they either need to completely best the Garmin alternative, or compete on price.
I can see why the replaceable battery is a benefit for long distance rides, though perhaps this is where, if you aren't careful, you can end up with a leak.
All that said, Garmin's recent update has messed up the log in page and other linked apps don't work automatically any more!
- Xenon Gas1 year 4 weeks agoSaw it yesterday on the
Saw it yesterday on the Cycling News website .It,s one of the lead stories .Just checkedit out this morning and it,s still on .
- Halfords now selling Whistle bike brand: three budget alloy bikes + three carbon with 105 & Ultegra but only online1 year 4 weeks agoI bought one of these earlier
I bought one of these earlier this year as my first road bike, a Whistle Creek full Ultegra, and it's fantastic. Had it fitted at my LBC and the guy could not believe I'd picked it up for under £1000. Full carbon cranks, carbon shifters, Mavic wheels, the lot. I've loved riding it so far and am going faster and further every week, which was the whole point!
Bought it from Parkers of Bolton through their online shop. Service over the phone was excellent and they threw in a pair of pedals too.
Can't recommend these highly enough.
- Advice - Shimano Ultegra 6800 Groupset vs Campagnolo Athena Carbon Groupset1 year 4 weeks agoIt's just one of those things
It's just one of those things - it either matters to you or it doesn't . For me it doesn't feel right to have wheels saying Campagnolo matched to a Shimano gruppo. It doesn't really matter anymore as if you want Campag wheels that don't shout 'Campagnolo' you can get the equivalent Fulcrum version.
- Omloop Het Nieuwsblad1 year 4 weeks agoOK let's name and
OK let's name and shame
- Bibshorts for a longer leg1 year 4 weeks agoGreat, thanks for the advice
Great, thanks for the advice
- Southampton City Council “satisfied” with “innovative” junction + video of riding through it1 year 4 weeks agoThis is a proper junction
This is a proper junction design on the Dutch model:
The Soton design has taken a few of the ideas but without understanding what really makes the Dutch-style junction work.
- Kuurne Brussels Kuurne1 year 4 weeks agoenrique wrote:I see Kevinenrique wrote:
I see Kevin Peeters (Vastgoedservice - Golde) and Boris Dron (Wallonie - Bruxelles) on the PCS startlist for Kuurne but they're not in the game. If they're riding could you add them? Thanks.
Gonna update the startlists for KBK now
- Local cyclists and activists hit out at design of new junction after Southampton hit-and-run1 year 4 weeks agoYou know how you're not
You know how you're not allowed to make champagne or feta unless you're actually in the places in France and Greece? Road designs should be protected in the same way - nobody can call a junction "Dutch" unless an actual engineer from the Netherlands has signed off on it.
- Video: Reports of "chaos" caused by M25 cyclist "an exaggeration"1 year 4 weeks agoIn California there are many
In California there are many highways where cycling is permitted specifically because it estimated and confirmed to be a good way to lower the cyclist death rate on high speed rural roads with inconsistent or absent shoulders.