- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks agoI have just fitted a set of
I have just fitted a set of SKS Race Blade Long on my Roubaix just in time for the monsoon the South West has thrown at us for the last few days.
They were a bit fiddly to fit and fine tune, but they are so efficient.
Very pleased with them...
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks agoI bought some Daniel Salmon
I bought some Daniel Salmon Super Profil aluminium mudguards, about 30 years ago, and they still look very modern.
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks agoWhat about keeping the bloke
What about keeping the bloke behind you dry?
- Regent's Park Freize art festival - poor road management1 year 5 weeks agoAnyone up for establishing a
Anyone up for establishing a Road.cc RP club?
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks ago+1 for PDW Full Metal
+1 for PDW Full Metal Fenders. A bit heavier than plastic guards but beautifully made and with pop-out stays in case you get anything caught in the wheel.
Still love the lightweight simplicity of Crud Roadracers for close clearance bikes too though.
- Greg LeMond: Lance Armstrong should be in jail... and was top 30 rider at best1 year 5 weeks agoFunny how all the Lance
Funny how all the Lance "Fanboys" with Livestrong wristbands have disappeared.
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks agoThe cruds are great, but it's
The cruds are great, but it's worth noting that if you have toe overlap on the front wheel then you may well damage them when track standing (or at least I did!).
- Peter Sagan Green Edition Cannondale SuperSix Evo launched1 year 5 weeks agoI think that I really don't
I think that I really don't want to see a competition for this bike. Would hate to temper my cheers down for not winning it and not to win at the end ..... [long melancholic sigh fading away.......]
- brakes on single speed/fixies1 year 5 weeks agoIf you are riding fixed the
If you are riding fixed the performance of your brakes should not matter as much as when you ride with a free wheel. You may not know this if you have never rode fixed before. You control the bike not the other way around.
- Witness appeal after cyclist seriously injured in Camden lorry collision1 year 5 weeks agoTipper trucks should have
Tipper trucks should have skirts fitted to prevent the tragic accident yesterday. Plus a ban during rush hours would help!
- Advice Needed - Mudguard Fitting1 year 5 weeks agoBike now booked in a LBS to
Bike now booked in a LBS to get them to remove sheared bolt, I not confident about drilling it out without causing damage, will get them to fit the mudguards at same time
- Gardeners urged to turn Yorkshire yellow for the Tour de France1 year 5 weeks agoMy garden's a bit shady for
My garden's a bit shady for sunflowers so we'll be horticulturally honouring the points jersey rather than the leader's one
- Jamis Xenith T Time Trial bike1 year 5 weeks agoand gossamer cranks and
and gossamer cranks and zaffiro tyres at £1700?
- Jamis Xenith T Time Trial bike1 year 5 weeks agono no leave them on it helps
no no leave them on it helps detract from the sheer ugliness of this bike.
this article should have some kind of health warming
- Video: Driver, 74, confronts cyclists with baseball bat after allegedly injuring rider1 year 5 weeks agoMe, I'm in the Antipodes and
Me, I'm in the Antipodes and enjoy reading. And yay! summer's coming (even though I'm about to get wet riding to work).
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks agoI've stopped bothering taking
I've stopped bothering taking the cruds off tbh!
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 5 weeks agomy bike IMG_1367.JPG
my bike IMG_1367.JPG
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks ago+1 sks bluemels .... luv 'em
+1 sks bluemels .... luv 'em to bits
- DARTMOOR CLASSIC 20141 year 5 weeks agoTook me 9 attempts as the
Took me 9 attempts as the system was so jammed...But I got in! YAY!
- Race/Rider of the year1 year 5 weeks agoI largely with sm on
I largely with sm on this:
Tony Martin's epic lead, stage six, Vuelta. Pure grit.
Cancellara leaving Sagan behind in Flanders.
ToB - Dan Martin and Quintana attacking on Honister Pass
and Quintana again in the TdF, un-nerving the 'heavyweights' on the hills.
- The Bar Fly 2.0 Garmin mount1 year 5 weeks agoHi thanks for the feedback on
Hi thanks for the feedback on my question on the difference between this and the Garmin product. I guess I am lucky as did buy mine separately, my Edge 800 is central and flush/close to the stem. I do like the look of this one and sure it will produce good results for those with different stems, set-up and Garmin devices. More options are always welcome.
- Greeting other cyclists -Wife rules1 year 5 weeks agoWWSKD?
(What Would Sean Kelly
(What Would Sean Kelly Do?)
- FS:- Forme Hiver frameset 54cm + CX bits1 year 5 weeks agoTouch too big for me, gutted
Touch too big for me, gutted as I ain't far away from you. GLWS
- Buyer’s guide: Mudguards for keeping you dry this winter1 year 5 weeks agoFor a road bike the Portland
For a road bike the Portland Design Works - Full Metal Fenders are great. Easy to fit and very sturdy without any cutting etc. They fit frames with or without eyelets and designed for bikes with little clearance around the brakes.
Great quality and can see these will last a very long time without accidents of course. They will be easy to remove next year too.
IMO look good for a full guard.. I don't like the look of any guards but I don't like a wet backside and feet more.
No excuses for getting out when it's raining and those who ride with you will be happy too.... Just need the rest of the club to fit guards now.
Not looking to plug but bought mine from Tredz with a good service so why not mention them!
- Your greatest achievement on the bike?1 year 5 weeks agomanaged London to Paris in 2
managed London to Paris in 2 days. Ok it was via Dieppe but 120 miles in one day hurt. The most satisfying part of it was that it was unsupported, self arranged and made a few pounds for a worthy local charity.
Thinking about the 100 hour pyrennees raid next year....