- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoLady do one will you? flippin
Lady do one will you? flippin moron!! 1 of a number of reason why Labour won't win the next Election
- Airstreeem reveal new wheels range1 year 5 weeks agoI can't afford and don't need
I can't afford and don't need 1.5k wheels, but I'm ok with people who can / do.
Surely though, unless that sort of money is chickenfeed relative to income, you'd be terrified of every puddle and pothole in case you dinged them, unless the crash replacement scheme is very generous. I dinged a Crossmax on a swift xc descent in Morzine back in 1999 and I'm still not fully over it..........
I wonder if the local authorities / highways people have seen a rise in claims for written off rims thanks to white roads?
- Cube to open first UK concept store1 year 5 weeks ago"My 'stable' includes a 2012
"My 'stable' includes a 2012 Cube Agree GTC"
Never knowingly under-named. You didn't finish...
There's so much text on my 2012 Cube Agree GTC Pro, If I get bored out on a ride, I can sit and read it for twenty minutes.
- 1 in 10 cyclists jump red lights, says Sunday Times1 year 5 weeks agoSo how long are you going to
So how long are you going to wait at a set of lights that only change with the presence of a motor vehicle? Minutes? Hours? (it's entirely possible)
What about trying to evade an abusive motorist too?
At certain times of day come traffic lights need to be give way only - there's no point in waiting when nothing is coming the other way and you can see that there isn't.
- Mud on the road1 year 5 weeks agoglynr36 wrote:Rule #5...
Rule #5 you arse* nevermind farmers mud on the road, today I saw a guy leaf blowing the pavement right into a nice pile down the cycle lane. A guy going the other way had to swerve right out into the middle of the road, nothing behind him but it will take weeks for the leaves to mulch down as cyclist can't ride over it and drivers don't go that wide. It is a crime to obstruct the public highway.
- 5 years on road.cc1 year 5 weeks agoNice one.
- Proposed time trial rules to outlaw modified & older bikes & parts1 year 5 weeks agoPersonally I'd like to see
Personally I'd like to see the regulations ban anything that makes a bicycle difficult to control on a public road (and sorry that does include aero bars - except chocolate ones). Won't be long until a cyclist is successfully sued for an accident that's directly a result of their modifications.
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agobikewithnoname wrote:She doesbikewithnoname wrote:
She does have a small point, a hell of a lot more cyclist jump red lights than cars (at least on my London commute) in 5 years I've only seen about 2 or 3 clear incidents of cars running reds, whereas I see at least 5 fellow cyclists run them every single day, so I can see why it's brought up in every single debate on road safety.
There you go Hoey, a cyclist criticising other cyclists.
You've only seen 2 or 3 in 5 years? That's about 1 every 2 years. Pull the other one, I've seen 3 today!
- Proposed time trial rules to outlaw modified & older bikes & parts1 year 5 weeks agoI haven't ridden a TT for 30
I haven't ridden a TT for 30 years, but there always was a RTTC rule banning any modification that was intended purely as an aerodynamic aid.
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoMy 8.5kg bike is propelled by
My 8.5kg bike is propelled by 1Human power. What powers your 1000kg+ 'little' Mini Ms Hooey. Confusing Respiration with Combustion again.
- Cambridge pensioner guilty of assault after tipping dog excrement over cyclist1 year 5 weeks agoYou'd also hope that if she
You'd also hope that if she was originally arrested, she'd have been assessed for her fitness to be dealt with by an FME - a doctor, admittedly not a specialist, but a medical practitioner all the same.
If she'd not been arrested and simply reported for summons then she would have had this, but surely the defence legal team would have raised this ( although I chuckled at how the defence alluded that the 40 yr old uni professor was a young man on a powerful bike. How is a bike powerful?)
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoLady's an embarrassment to
Lady's an embarrassment to the Labour Party, and she's got some stiff competition. Anyways...
About 18 months to go then.
Sadly, outside my bailiwick these days. But maybe something for some of London's stroppier cyclists to think about.
- Wheel rim/brake surface damage?! Wtf?!1 year 5 weeks agoIf you look at an aluminium
If you look at an aluminium glasshouse or window frame you will probably find similar corrosion. Although the metal doesn't rust it certainly oxidises and this process can be accelerated by contact with chemicals such as salts.
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoWhat a towering imbecile.
What a towering imbecile. Great stuff.
- Axiom Tweak 8 Multi Tool1 year 5 weeks agoI've got a bit of a
I've got a bit of a collection over multi tools from over the years!
I really like this one. Might just get one for on my keyring.
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoA pedestrian once knocked an
A pedestrian once knocked an old lady over and took her handbag before running off. Why can't we register this menace so we can trace them Hoey?
- Cambridge pensioner guilty of assault after tipping dog excrement over cyclist1 year 5 weeks agophil, you have a point - old
phil, you have a point - old person + lashing out = mental ill health. NO !
Whilst i dont work with people suffering mental ill health i do go to jobs involving these people. As the article points out she is 75 yrs old and she may have the early stages of dementia which can lead to angry and violent outbursts.
If thats true then its very sad because dementia is anything but pleasant.
If she is all there up top then i have to say what a horrid woman !
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoI'm not saying its right to
I'm not saying its right to jump lights (and its an emotive subject - read the comment sections of the Indy and the Graun and they're full of anti cyclist ire that seems a bit disproportionate)
Ok, its crap for the pedestrians if they got hit, but its a bugger to lose momentum at each traffic light, and surely every cyclist makes a judgement call on running each red or dark amber light, knowing he's the one that's going to come off worse if his judgement is out.
It'd be a nice easy PR win if people all of a sudden stopped jumping lights though, and it'd wrong-foot a hell of a lot of people, Hoey included.
- Two cyclists dead and two seriously injured on a grim day on Britain's roads1 year 5 weeks agoMore very sad news.
More very sad news.
I would think the number of people killed taking a risk on a bike is very few, given the potential consciences to you as the cyclist. Given how the incident has been described I would assume it was a miscalculation or simply not seeing the bus until it was too late.
Be safe out there everybody
- Kate Hoey calls for bikes to be registered and cyclists to pay "road tax"1 year 5 weeks agoIncase you want to tweet the
Incase you want to tweet the silly mare, her handle is @hoeykateMP. Like Ive just done.
Needs to learn to keep her gob shut.
- Winterise your bike1 year 5 weeks agoPhilRuss wrote:What arePhilRuss wrote:
What are "brake-pads"? They are them thingies what you put on motor vehicles. We bikies use brake-blocks, ....
I've got brake-pads on my bike!
- Front Light for Really Dark Nights _ Any Recommendations??1 year 5 weeks agobest get a charger specific
best get a charger specific for the Cateye Volt 300!
Will be interesting to find out what you think of that high powered Cree Light?
- Two cyclists dead and two seriously injured on a grim day on Britain's roads1 year 5 weeks agoI know nothing of the
I know nothing of the circumstances other than reading this here but I guess there's a line dividing assertive riding and maintaining hard-won momentum, and just tipping over that line into hazardous.
Maybe a momentary lapse, or maybe he'd played the odds one time too many, who knows. Nobody deserves to lose their life doing something as mundane and everyday as cycling though.
A bad week to be a cyclist in london. Very bad week.
- 1 in 10 cyclists jump red lights, says Sunday Times1 year 5 weeks ago1 in 10 they say. They must
1 in 10 they say. They must have all been in Bristol that day.
Every set of red lights I stopped at today had at least 1 or 2 cyclists ride through.
At some junctions in Bristol you get shouted at by other cyclists for stopping at red lights.
- Wheel rim/brake surface damage?! Wtf?!1 year 5 weeks agoUp, I'm +1 on road salt.
Up, I'm +1 on road salt. Unfortunately you can't exactly coat your braking surfaces with gt85 or fs365 can you!