- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoDamn damn damn you Davide
Damn damn damn you Davide Cimolai! I kept faith in you for so long but you gave me NOTHING! And now you go and bag fourth after I transfer you out. Bah.
EDIT: apparently Kwia in fourth, who is in my squad. I take it back (a bit).
- Bikes on trains1 year 7 weeks agoThanks for the comments. Sent
Thanks for the comments. Sent an email to TPE and got a positive reply saying if I am refused travel on the train booked I can get on another subject to availability or they will refund my ticket. Only problem is my train is quite late so could end up getting home after midnight!!!!
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks ago1, 5, 6, 15 plus IM and table
1, 5, 6, 15 plus IM and table points. EBH a bit of a disappointment but he got baulked as he tried to move up. Wonder if Sagan will get combativity today?
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoJust Sagan and gerrans for me
Just Sagan and gerrans for me today bad day still 5 transfers for tomorrow
- Bring back iconic 1940s Coloral cycling bottles1 year 7 weeks agoNowadays we call those things
Nowadays we call those things "straws"
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoOne four five plus Impey
One four five plus Impey
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoplease dont tell me millar is
please dont tell me millar is going to do something today?? after 3 days of nothing!
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoCan't figure from following
Can't figure from following on Twitter and the Tour website whether Kristoff is in the grupetto. Sort of hoping he is, much as I like him, seeing as I swapped him out for Rolland.
- Graeme Obree agrees with UCI: "Every sport needs regulating," says Scots iconoclast1 year 7 weeks agoI want a fairing! Red. With a
I want a fairing! Red. With a shark's mouth painted on it.
No good in a cross wind though.
- Video: Graeme Obree unveils new fairing for Beastie world record attempt bike1 year 7 weeks agoLooks like he has tabs to fit
Looks like he has tabs to fit a closing fairing over his back(side) on the real runs, but in Nevada he'd be fried! The other thing about a laminar boundary-layer, pseudo aerofoil is that it can be unstable where it transits (inevitably) to a turbulent boundary layer somewhere into the rear taper, which will make it a pig to keep straight unless a 'trip-wire' is fitted to control the transition each side.
- Video: Phil Liggett reveals route of 2014 Tour de France grand depart in UK1 year 7 weeks agoI see they still haven't
I see they still haven't formulated stage three yet.
On another subject, I suspect most of the Liggert bashers once wore a yellow wristband such is their venom. I can say ( smugly ) that I never had a yellow band and looking back over Liggert's very fine career - running the milk race for while was one highlight - he's allowed to make a mistake or two. I'll take misguided loyalty over sneering (with perhaps a touch of frustrated envy?) any day.
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoLooking forward to some green
Looking forward to some green arrows tonight after 3 days of red, but anyone with Sagan, Gerrans and Rojas will be ok. Me and TERatcliffe will be the main ones to benefit in the forum although I'm sure Wig-billy will do ok as usual.
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoluckily i've still got EBH,
luckily i've still got EBH, JJ Rojas and Impey so shouldn't be a total bust for me having Griepel, Kittel and D V Poppel Out the back.....
Bit bummed that JJ oroz couldn't have gone on the escape with jensie and picked me up some points
- Louis Garneau show new Course aero helmet at the Tour + video1 year 7 weeks agoAm i the onlye one who sees
Am i the onlye one who sees either you're gunning for people with larger heads or they've introduced a new size....
But it doesn't look that bad for an aero helmet, still proper expensive though.
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoBalls, should have brought in
Balls, should have brought in Sagan.
The only upside is that to bring in Sagan (for Greipel) I'd have had to drop another rider to free up credits and probably would have gone for Gerrans so I'm not too many points down on where I could have been.
Fingers crossed for a Gerrans win but I have to say, Sagan and Cannondale look strong.
- Video: Across the USA in 13 minutes with RAAM rider Chris Hopkinson's support crew1 year 7 weeks agothumbs up on this one!
thumbs up on this one!
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoCan't see Bakelite taking
Can't see Bakelite taking this, Cannondale are just looking insanely strong driving on the peloton. Nice try, but they're going to be reeled in, I think.
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoLotto and Omega have eased
Lotto and Omega have eased up!
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoSprinters given up. Orica
Sprinters given up. Orica chasing the break now.
- Cable cutters1 year 7 weeks agoI have the same Screwfix ones
I have the same Screwfix ones posted above, can't fault 'em.
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks agoBakelandts gone again! He
Bakelandts gone again! He said he'd targetted this stage originally, not 2. Got a different EUS but I hope he'll do something this weekend. Now Orica and Cannondale will work till the end. Maybe they just want mountain points.
- Tebbit: if you're going to get on your bike, you should be made to carry ID1 year 7 weeks agoIf this is the level of
If this is the level of debate in the House of "Lords", we should get rid of them. It can't be any better on any other subject.
- Video: Phil Liggett reveals route of 2014 Tour de France grand depart in UK1 year 7 weeks agoEither the title of this
Either the title of this article is misleading or has been truncated. Surely it should be:
"Phil Liggett reveals route of 2014 Tour de France grand depart in UK is all a conspiracy because some unnamed person he spoke to last week told him so"
- Brian Cookson outlines his plans to grow women's cycling if elected UCI president1 year 7 weeks agoroadie2013 wrote:Realise theroadie2013 wrote:
Realise the nature thing is irrelevant to F1 driving, meant other sports - so apologies for that, mentioned F1 as there has been debate into ruling because of a US driver Danica Patrick who they were mooting for F1 but she didn't make the grade. I shouldn't have brought Motorsport into it for which I apologise, but when you look at things from a slightly subjective perspective there are reasons why womens sport for the most part is not on a level with mens, - performances, audience, media etc,
Sorry Rumpo Kid. I'm not someone who is sexist, you brought in the parking analogy, i'm a male who can't parallel park myself. Shouldn't have mentioned F1.
Apology accepted. This is an issue I find really annoying, and sometimes my usual good manners desert me. I know Women's cycling sport is "niche" but I'm old enough to remember when Men's cycling was ignored by TV in this country for the same reason. As to performance, in my opinion Women racing Women can be just as exciting as Men racing Men.
- Tour de France - Stage 7, Montpellier > Albi1 year 7 weeks ago26 points in the bag! More
26 points in the bag! More to come I hope. If Gavazzi and Rojas do well could catch up a bit, especially if people have been tempted to keep their sprint team and save transfers.