- Garmin launch Monterra GPS with Android and WiFi1 year 8 weeks agoSTATO wrote:dodgy wrote:ISTATO wrote:dodgy wrote:
I have a feeling that the Monterra isn't meant for bicycles at all. It's a handheld, possibly for motorbike use.
Garmin already make some great motorbike GPS, which bluetooth to your phone and in helmet headsets. they have full stnav ability, are waterproof and connect to the bikes power so battery is recharged in use (like car sat-navs).
This new one really looks bike/adveturer specific, way more useful than the touring one posted earlier this week.
Id get one, if i had £600 spare, which i never do!Quote:
With an array of compatible mounts, Monterra is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
Seems like Garmin might see it as being a more general outdoor GPS, no mention of bicyles. Then again, who knows what Garmin are thinking!
- Custom-printed water bottles1 year 8 weeks agoThe only place I can think of
The only place I can think of off hand is http://www.bottlesport.com/product-range.html
But you have left it VERY late to get them before going away. normally a 21 day wait for most companies
- Custom-printed water bottles1 year 8 weeks agoI'll have a scout about see
I'll have a scout about see if I can't find you someone.
I know people who do it, but only for certain size orders..I'll see what I can do
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 8 weeks agoFST AS FCK
FST AS FCK
I R E U
A Possible nod to the days of rooming with Big Bernie?
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 8 weeks agoOh I dunno. I suppose if I
Oh I dunno. I suppose if I think about it a bit (heaven forbid) it's a bit juvenile and does mean parents are less likely to buy t-shirts or whatever for their offspring. But when I first saw it it did put a smile on my face. And it takes a lot to do that these days.
- Cyclists make up a quarter of London traffic, official census finds1 year 8 weeks ago"bike provision in London
"bike provision in London still largely reflects the old idea of cyclists as a tiny, irrelevant minority." It's a good thing that someone (other than an activist) is challenging this.
It would seem we are on the cusp of a new era in London's history. There is now leadership as well as funding in place to make a real and measurable shift in the way Londoners use the roads. The next few years should be brilliant.
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 8 weeks agoIts a pretty simple solve,
Its a pretty simple solve, you see the title
"Road.cc - Pedal Powered"
Well Dave hurt his back and cant pedal. So Tony and others are not upping their share....I imaging this is their office space
- Bike Choice @ £2,5001 year 8 weeks agoCervelo S2?
Vo2 Pro:carbon. Any colour you like.
PHIAN bikes can print literally any graphics you like as well; even photos.
- road.cc Fantasy Cycling Guide Part one: reading the race1 year 8 weeks agoCracking bit of work, well
Cracking bit of work, well done mate
Mind you I dont know how anyone can say they enjoy picking their purist team. It does my head in trying to figure it out especially for a grand tour.
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 8 weeks agooh dear, what a pile of S H T
oh dear, what a pile of S H T
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 8 weeks agoI've noticed it as well; I'm
I've noticed it as well; I'm using chrome on a mac.
Not that that should make a difference (?)
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 8 weeks agoWords fail me
Words fail me
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 8 weeks agoI'm jealous, I want a kick
I'm jealous, I want a kick stand
- Jan Ullrich may lose Sydney 2000 Olympic gold after doping confession1 year 8 weeks agoIn the case of Armstrong, the
In the case of Armstrong, the 8-year limitations rule clock was stopped because Armstrong himself had impeded the discovery of these violations during the 8 years. There is US precedent for this in law relating to statute of limitations, and as USADA operates in the USA, it may use its local laws to interpret the WADA 8-year limitation that way (argued USADA in their case).
In short, what happened to Armstrong regarding the 8 year rule happened because of local US norms. It does not mean the same applies to Ulrich.
- 2012 Tarmac Expert SL3...a little advice please1 year 8 weeks agoWell, Tarmac is back with
Well, Tarmac is back with LBS. They contacted Specialized who say this is a known issue! FFS, why continue to use a design with a known issue
Long and short of it; Specialized are sending a Bonding Kit that will, apparently, eliminate any movement in the Delrin cups and, just maybe, I can get back to noise free riding. Happy that this is an issue that (I'm really tempting fate here!) can be easily resolved, but just a little bit disappointed in Specialized. I guess re-tooling is a cost too far.
Still love the bike though
At least, for now....
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 8 weeks agoBrings a new meaning to a
Brings a new meaning to a lube and air check.
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 8 weeks agowe're having some issues
we're having some issues today, yes - it is running a bit slowly. we're investigating.
- Video: Cyclist seriously injured after ignoring traffic signal warns fellow riders to stop at red1 year 8 weeks agoI recognise your comments.
I recognise your comments. My experisnce is that is on rural roads only where the traffic is light. I regularly use a narrow bridge that it traffic light controlled. I would have to sit awaiting a car to come along before the lights change.
Town / city centre I would not dream of it.
The other rule that I find hard is another canal bridge I use, where I am asked to dismount (the bridge is also light controlled). I think I am in more danger walking in cleats than nipping swiftly across.
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 8 weeks agoSWEDEN HAS CRIME??
SWEDEN HAS CRIME??
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 8 weeks agoThere's a joke in this story
There's a joke in this story somewhere which includes the words Shimano, fishing and tackle. I'm only sorry that I can't think of it myself !
- Dartmoor Classic1 year 8 weeks agoNo one??
Oh well you missed
Oh well you missed cow bells on top of one the climbs.
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 8 weeks agoA bit disappointing. Lacks a
A bit disappointing. Lacks a bit of class. Why not MNX MSSL? That's what he's called.
I love Cav, but something a bit more decorous would be preferable.
- road.cc Fantasy Cycling Guide Part one: reading the race1 year 8 weeks agoThink I enjoy picking the
Think I enjoy picking the purist more than the standard, though my purist team invariably does far worse. I doubt a guide would help me, as clearly there are strange voodoo forces at work, wherein my picks are cursed and doomed to failure or withdrawal.
Good tip on checking the bookies, BTW, though beware that British riders (and sometimes other well-known riders like Andy Schleck) tend to be overvalued due to punters' betting patterns.
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 8 weeks ago"FST AS FCK" ???
"FST AS FCK" ???
Oh my f'ing life, that is so incredibly CRAP!
How much did they pay the advertising knob-jockeys to come up with that?
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 8 weeks agodavecochrane wrote:Surpriseddavecochrane wrote:
Surprised that Specialized are happy to be tagged with this despite Cav's success.
Couldn't agree more, there's no red or S logo in it anywhere... God forbid something they're involved with that isn't plastered in their branding.