- Danilo Di Luca provisionally suspended after positive EPO test1 year 9 weeks agoThe person I feel sorry for
The person I feel sorry for is the rider who missed out on a place on Vini Fantini's Giro squad because the sponsor insisted that Di Luca should be on the team.
- Why is it considered wanky to wear sky kit1 year 9 weeks agoYou shouldn't give a tuppenny
You shouldn't give a tuppenny toss what other people think.
It isn't bad form or whatever the "others" espouse. The moment you start to listen to the "well considered opinions" of others about what to wear - you are lost. Wear WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY and makes you feel good ... about yourself - and if that happens to make other people unhappy, or snide - so be it.
Give 'em the middle finger and just pedal harder.
I sometimes ride in the old Sky blue, red and white track styled top whenever I feel like it - and I totally love it! Makes me feel good and I am very proud to own it and wear it.
And I'm a fat old git in lycra - and I couldn't care less what others think.
I also run the roads in a GB Olympics 2012 T shirt (I just love the design!) and I occasionally wear a Great Britain Olympics 2012 blue hoodie when I'm out shopping.
It's not about pretending to be "somebody special" - but it is all about being who you are!
- Emma Way update: She says it was cyclist's fault + videos1 year 9 weeks agoExcellent points here,
Excellent points here, Cycle_Jim. I found Ms Way's tweet almost unbelievable when I first saw it on road.cc. Then I learned that she'd been using a mobile phone while driving, and that she was probably over the white line when the "accident" occurred. If she gets off without being charged, well, there's summat up is all I can say. As you say, she needs some driving lessons and ought to attend a course in how to use social media. As for her solicitor, I think he needs a new tailor.
- Emma Way update: She says it was cyclist's fault + videos1 year 9 weeks agoLike i said,if the future is
Like i said,if the future is in the hands of these fuckers weaned on fucking Twatter and Fuckbook and free for all pornography,be-headings and justin fucking bieber-
Not only are we up shit creek without a paddle
we are up shit creek without the FUCKING BOAT
Jesus thank god i'll be dead and gone in 30 odd years
- Britain's biggest driving schools to roll out cycle awareness module1 year 9 weeks agobloody hell. Its about time!!
bloody hell. Its about time!!
- Danilo Di Luca provisionally suspended after positive EPO test1 year 9 weeks agoWhile the son of a peasant
While the son of a peasant farmer can buy his dad a Ferarri by just riding his bike, you'll always have this problem. There's too much money in the game now...
- Britain's biggest driving schools to roll out cycle awareness module1 year 9 weeks agogood. Next on the agenda a
good. Next on the agenda a ban on advertising that gives the impression that roads are the playground for 'sporty' cars and not part of a public owned and funded transport system. I reckon this is one of the causes of bad driving - the frustration caused by the chasm between the fantasy of the 'open road' and the dull reality of the real driving experience.
- Giro SPF 30 Ultralight Cap1 year 9 weeks agoI wear Walz caps and can't
I wear Walz caps and can't really say a bad word about them, price and styling is very nice!
- Danilo Di Luca provisionally suspended after positive EPO test1 year 9 weeks agoC**t
Comes to something when
Comes to something when even Lance takes the piss out of you
- Campagnolo throw an 80th anniversary party....1 year 9 weeks agoWho is that with Greg
Who is that with Greg Lemond?
And more importantly - Is that Campagnolo jewellery she's wearing?
- Campagnolo throw an 80th anniversary party....1 year 9 weeks agoI hate the world.
I hate the world.
That party looks mustard, although I'd probably have been thrown out for throwing my leg over Big Mig's Pinarello.
- Audrey Fyfe's daughter calls for support in urging Gary McCourt sentence appeal - deadline is May 31st1 year 9 weeks agoColin PeyresourdeColin Peyresourde wrote:
Stronger sentencing should be enforced on drivers who kill fellow road users while banned. I agree that is should be treated as murder or manslaughter. Driving while banned should have a mandatory prison detention period in any respect and/or very severe fines with confiscation of the vehicle.
+1 - absolutely! Stronger sentences required for this kind of scum.
- Britain's biggest driving schools to roll out cycle awareness module1 year 9 weeks agoFinally common sense, I can't
Finally common sense, I can't believe they were not doing this already but well done Mr King for sorting it out now.
If nothing else comes of Ms Way's rather stupid actions then we at least have this.
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 9 weeks agolikewise garzelli. saving it
likewise garzelli. saving it all for a final push
- Emma Way update: She says it was cyclist's fault + videos1 year 9 weeks agoDont forget the smartphone
Dont forget the smartphone photo and tweet of her car at 95mph. It wouldn't surprise me if that was on an "A" road too.... Then we have the smartphone photo and tweet of a car holding her up, done while she was driving. You have two motoring offences there. A third with failing to stop. I bet she even tweeted that while she was driving too....
This girl is a menace on the road and a serious accident waiting to happen. Her displays of arrogance and ignorance over recent days is utterly dreadful despite her age. I've seen enough of her mug in the media now. She needs prosecuting, fining and banning for 5 years for all those offences she's committed. Then she needs to go away and ponder her attitude because right now she's worm and a despicable creature.
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 9 weeks agoSalerno is just biding his
Salerno is just biding his time - just you wait...
- Britain's biggest driving schools to roll out cycle awareness module1 year 9 weeks agoLIKE
- TT bike vs aero wheels1 year 9 weeks agoThat what im thinking,
That what im thinking, position is everything, tbh a bike fit will be good as they will be able to tell me what size exactly il need for a TT bike and furtre road bikes while making sure my road bike is 100% sorted.
Aero wheels last ages and can be transfered, but i think their gains vs cost is crazy.
TT bike wise, im at the following:
Cervelo P3 (depending on cost)
Canyon Speed max CF 8 (depending on shipping dates and cost lol)
Now for bikes around 2k mark.....
Felt? Canyon speedmax not carbon(they got good reviews but would like first hand experience of them)
any others that stand out?
- Britain's biggest driving schools to roll out cycle awareness module1 year 9 weeks agoGood news. Let's see it in
Good news. Let's see it in the test next.
- Emma Way update: She says it was cyclist's fault + videos1 year 9 weeks agoWith you on that one. This
With you on that one. This will backfire on people who ride bikes (I rather say that than 'cyclist' as we are all people first). I think we are all angry about this, but lets not get aggressive, doesnt help in the slightest.
- Danilo Di Luca provisionally suspended after positive EPO test1 year 9 weeks agoRegarding the LA tweet (I've
Regarding the LA tweet (I've embedded below), I couldn't help laughing. He's right on both counts, to be fair:
Knowing I have 0 cred on the doping issue - I still can't help but think, "really Di Luca? Are you that fucking stupid??"
— Lance Armstrong (@lancearmstrong) May 24, 2013
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 9 weeks agoAny chance of an update going
Any chance of an update going into the final mountain stage. With Di Luca, Gavazzi and Battaglin out there must be a few movers. Hopefully me
- Game Suggestions1 year 9 weeks agoenrique wrote:STEVESPRO 79enrique wrote:STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
Personally think that when a stage is abandoned then everybodys transfers for the stage should be nullified...
I agree... I dug up some old suggestions from the "Suggestions for 2012 Season" thread that, though universally hated, I think would fix this issue...drheaton wrote:
Have a team reset button when doing transfers - Basically be able to reset my own transfers if I realise I've messed up.
That! Or! Being able to make all the changes I want to my team and have transfers charged only at the end of a transfer deadline...
Basically, in a stage such as today the transfer deadline would be moved to the next stage and your transfers would never have become realized because the game organizers could move or cancel the transfer deadline and transfers wouldn't have taken place...
I also think the second option addresses this point, too:STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
...people live in different time zones and have work committments etc and so its creating an uneven playing field......
Having said that, and just to be clear, I also agree that having the transfers available for use for Premium players at a later stage is inherently unfair. If the stage gets cancelled you should lose the transfers that were to be awarded for that day's stage...
You're Jeremy Clarkson aren't you?
- Emma Way update: She says it was cyclist's fault + videos1 year 9 weeks agoI just hope she is dealt with
I just hope she is dealt with according to the law, it's worrying that people like her are behind the wheel She is just trying to dig herself out of the very large hole she has dug!She needs to grow up and face up to what she has done and also stop filming herself doing 95mph is a good start.
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 9 weeks agoI've got nothing against
I've got nothing against snow, in fact I'm a snowman myself.