- Say sorry to Greg Lemond on Facebook1 year 21 weeks agoAh, righto! Nuff said.
Ah, righto! Nuff said.
I have just been reading about the spat between Greg, Lance and Trek over the Lemond bike brand. Forgot about Lemond bikes, they were quite cool.
- Has Phil Liggett lost it?1 year 21 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:
Who are theGkam84 wrote:
Who are the witnesses? What deal are they getting? Why is it being chased now?
SO not only have they got witnesses to the drug use/dealing but now they also have witnesses who were "influenced" to keep quiet about it......
My guess is they have now been "influenced" to speak out about it.
SO MANY athletes who have doped and later professed their guilt have talked about the strain of living a lie, and of how much better it feels, psychologically, to tell the truth. And pretty much every one of those who have talked openly about it say how they don't want others to have to make the same choices they felt they were forced into - and the only way that's going to happen is to get everything out in the open, explain the pressures and the reasons for doping.
You talk about the influence to speak out? It comes from their love of the sport, from a human's basic need to be honest, and from the gathering momentum that comes from the omerta gradually being eroded away.
- Reflectors for clipless pedals1 year 21 weeks agoSideBurn wrote: Cannot findSideBurn wrote:
Cannot find anything that says you must have them fitted; the Highway Code is guidance only!
Google "pedal reflectors legal" and see what you get. They are a legal requirement (at night, but I thought that went without saying).
The pedal bicycle safety regs are conditions imposed on retailers. They also say that every bicycle has to be sold with a bell!
- Kurt Kinetic Road Machine turbo trainer1 year 21 weeks agoHas a very accurate power
Has a very accurate power curve apparently, which means it is ideal for use with the absolutely superb TrainerRoad app:
- Insurers of driver who badly injured Paralympic cycling champion Simon Richardson refuse to pay for operation1 year 21 weeks agoName and shame this Isurance
Name and shame this Isurance Provider who-ever they are.
- Jan Etherington: Because of Andrew Mitchell it's okay to hate cyclists again1 year 21 weeks agoTheBigMong wrote:Looking atTheBigMong wrote:
Looking at the picture it's not really surprising that only rotten things would come out of that mouth.
In her case, the teeth are the window to the soul.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 21 weeks agoEBH has just extended for a
EBH has just extended for a couple of years. So don't see him leaving any time soon.
Dowsett on the other hand may be offski
- Say sorry to Greg Lemond on Facebook1 year 21 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:dinonotfastenough wrote:dino wrote:
Get stuffed! Like LeMond was clean... pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot...
I'm not aware of doping allegations against Lemond, care to enlighten me?
It has been alleged that LeMond took EPO during the 1989 Giro. This allegation was made by a Mr. L. Armstrong, of Austin, Texas. (And nobody else).
- Trixie Front Box dog basket1 year 21 weeks agoDoggy helmets. Has no-one
Doggy helmets. Has no-one considered the knock-on demand for doggy helmets??
- Video: Debbie Dorling speaks about impact of husband Brian's death in White Bikes documentary1 year 21 weeks agoHyper-capitalist countries
Hyper-capitalist countries (like the UK & USA) simply do not care about human life to the same degree as some other advanced societies.
Money is far more important than human lives. These people are driven by greed. It really is as simple as that.
Johnson, Cameron, Bush, Obama, Clegg, Romney whomever are merely opportunistic puppets who sell out the people in order to maintain the status quo so the elite of society (yes that 1 percent) can enrich themselves at the expense of others.
And yes "traffic flow" is about making a few extra pennies in the pockets of this 1 percent. If a child dies on a bicycle because of this then tough shit.
Ethics and morals are meaningless to these people.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 21 weeks agoUmm! Sky really are shooting
Umm! Sky really are shooting at stage race GC but can/will they do anything in the classics with EBH or will he leave?
- Has Phil Liggett lost it?1 year 21 weeks ago"Yes, he's been "found"
"Yes, he's been "found" guilty by USADA because he refused to fight it anymore, in my eyes, that doesn't make him guilty. I'll wait until all the facts are out in the open."
Just factually incorrect, Gkam. USADA put the case against him to him and invited him to respond, which is how it works. First he attempted to have it thrown out for lack of competence to bring the case. This was itself thrown out by the local court. Then he refused to engage. So USADA enforced the ban. Now, this is USADA right, the United States Anti-Doping Agency, the competent anti-doping authority? This is what they do. And I'm sorry to break it to you, but their views are a little bit more relevant than yours.
- Spin Speed Metal 30 wheelset1 year 21 weeks agowakou wrote:Quite refreshingwakou wrote:
Quite refreshing IMHO for ANYTHING to get a Road.cc review score of less than 4/5, most reviewers seem to think 'ooh some free kit that no normal person would dream of actually paying for, I'd better give it 4/5.."
Actually most reviewers that I know (and not just on road.cc) think no such thing - all they are interested in is 'does it work'. As a rule most experienced cycle kit reviewers have got so much kit that the idea that there head is going to be turned by the price tag or how shiny it is is frankly laughable. You're right in once sense though - the problem is bringing in assessments of value when often testers are solely interested in performance. That's why at the end of all road.cc reviews the reviewer has to say whether they would actually buy the product themselves.
- Jan Etherington: Because of Andrew Mitchell it's okay to hate cyclists again1 year 21 weeks agoJust seen a tweet by
Just seen a tweet by @wirralvelodrone (part of conversation with @Doctor_Hutch) that made me smile:
"typical 'newspaper' journalist. You know, alcoholic, chain smoking, criminal, kill princesses. They are all the same."
I could probably think of a few more unflattering attributes if I had the time...
- Petition: For Pat McQuaid to resign & UCI Cleaned Up1 year 21 weeks agoApologies, stumps, didn't
Apologies, stumps, didn't realise it was all just a bit of a giggle. Doping, ruining riders' careers, conspiracy, embezzlement, pah! What a larf!
- Spin Speed Metal 30 wheelset1 year 21 weeks agofirstly, apologies if the
firstly, apologies if the Hawkin(g) comment offended anyone
just to echo what Tony said, there's no backstory to the review, i was sent the wheels to review, i wrote down my findings
notifying a manufacturer/supplier of an off review is a slippery slope, for example how many times does the product get sent back before one that's decent enough for a less damning review arrive? relate that to being a consumer and returning a product you've spent hard-earned money on countless times before you get a good one, or just lose faith in the product altogether
as Tony said getting involved in a discussion with a manufacturer mid review can get awkward, the good ones will suck up a poor review and make the necessary changes
and yeah, most stuff is 4/5 these days, to find something that's a 1/5 is a rare treat
- SkyCycle aerial cycle lanes in London take a step closer to reality as architects propose test sites to Network Rail1 year 21 weeks agoMuch like the Ski Lift, it
Much like the Ski Lift, it feels like a tourist attraction, rather than a viable alternative to commuters. Would you end up stuck in the tunnel behind a group of tourist taking in the view?
It also suggests massive pile up to me.
- Spa Cycles Nidd Leather Saddle1 year 21 weeks agoHow much was a Brooks saddle
How much was a Brooks saddle in the 70s/80s?
- SkyCycle aerial cycle lanes in London take a step closer to reality as architects propose test sites to Network Rail1 year 21 weeks agoThis is an even more stupid
This is an even more stupid idea than preferring a ski-lift over the Thames to a bridge, which I thought was an all-time stupid idea. The video doesn't really address the major issue of how to get on and off the thing. I imagine that it will be a staircase, with a "Cyclists Dismount" sign at the top.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 21 weeks agoWhere does that leave
Where does that leave Dowsett?
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 21 weeks agoDont forget the rest of their
Dont forget the rest of their signings for this season, They are building quite the TT/Mountains team
David Lopez Garcia
- Spin Speed Metal 30 wheelset1 year 21 weeks agoI might well be capable of
I might well be capable of reading between the lines to detect faint praise, but why on earth would I want to read encrypted reviews? I might actually buy a Spin for my next bike, but this page has at least warned me that having Spin wheels as well might not be a great idea.
As for everything receiving four stars, my understanding is that most publications go for:
1 = awful
2 = does the job with some significant flaws
3 = does the job well, some minor flaws
4 = does the job really well
5 = truly exceptional/best in class
Given how competitive the market is these days, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a lot of kit to do their intended job really well. Er, that'll score 4 then.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 21 weeks agobikeandy61 wrote:Expecting abikeandy61 wrote:
Expecting a TTT in 2013 TdF?
C'mon ASO get brave - Mountain TTT! That'll shake things up!
Well, you say that.. what we do know is that when the race leaves Corsica after the first three stages, it resumes with a team time trial in Nice and certainly once you're off the coast, it's fairly bumpy round there.
I don't see them sending a TTT up the Col d'Eze though, much as I'd love to... having the odd rider drop off the pace in a TTT on a flattish profile is one thing, but if you make the climbs too tough you start getting into course management issues due to the number of riders who'd get tailed off, I imagine.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 21 weeks agoExpecting a TTT in 2013
Expecting a TTT in 2013 TdF?
C'mon ASO get brave - Mountain TTT! That'll shake things up!
- Time launch new Xpresso pedal1 year 21 weeks agoLike Glossies I'm a long time
Like Glossies I'm a long time user of Time (Racing Equipe any one!) pedals so after a disatorous short period with Speedplay (no spares in UK, diff to service) I bought 2 pairs of Racer iClic pedals 2010/11 and have just sent the 1st pair back. The axle is running dry and needs re-greasing but lo and behold iClic are not serviceable (2 year warranty to be fair)at £80 each for a very basic pair they are not a throw away item then replace with new. Heaven help if your paying £130 - £200+ cos long term serviceable/usage doesn't seem to be catered for.