- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoAnd dont get me started on
And dont get me started on how many bike thefts we have in Manchester.......
- Bike Choice @ £2,5001 year 7 weeks ago+ another 1 for Canyon.
+ another 1 for Canyon. Superb and sale due any day. I've got a CF SLX 9.0 .... love it.
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 7 weeks agoI don't want to give tips
I don't want to give tips really but you always have the option of dropping both Martin and Rogers and picking up Contador/Voeckler/Rolland/Pinot plus one cheaper guy.
Gadret and Coppel are decent shouts at under 9 credits and riders like Bonnet (5.2) and Hoogerland (6.2) can pick up a few points. My worry with Rogers/Martin is that both will top 10 in the GC but not actually score many fantasy points on their way there finishing 15-20th each day and picking up minor points but being consistently average.
- Flipping the Bird1 year 7 weeks agoPull your phone/camera from
Pull your phone/camera from your back pocket and take a photo of them and their number plate.
Some really take objection to that .... hard evidence
- Police refer Emma Way "#bloodycyclists" case to Crown Prosecution Service1 year 7 weeks agoBeen kicked up to the CPS and
Been kicked up to the CPS and will probably die there.
And it probably should too. There really is no evidence apart from he said/she said. Rider didn't report it and has made no formal complaint. Yes, she's a moron for tweeting about it, but unless being anti-cyclists is a legitimate hate crime I can't see it going anywhere. The only thing I can see being a problem is failure to stop and I'm not sure you need the CPS for that.
Far more satisfactory is the trashing of her intelligence, reputation and career propects from the backlash. Plus, the positive aspects for cycling arising from the publicity.
A hefty fine and driving ban for Emma Wray would be nice of course, but I just can't see it happening.
- Tour De France - Étape 11 year 7 weeks agoOff boozing tonight with work
Off boozing tonight with work so no changes for me after about half 4, teams pretty much settled so not really an issue.
- Tour Tech 2013: Team Sky’s Pinarello Dogma and Bolide1 year 7 weeks agoStunning imho
- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoSo you are happy for the
So you are happy for the Police to hand out fines to people on a whim?
- Tour De France - Étape 11 year 7 weeks agoTingling with
Tingling with anticipation....Will have one last tinker tonight, but I think that I am more or less sorted...
Standard team is fairly predictable and will be the same as most peoples...
Purist team is picked from the heart and not the head...If they don't float my boat, then they are not in, no matter how well I think they will do...
- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoI'm not ranting. I'm giving
I'm not ranting. I'm giving you my opinion, in which I think yes its Ok to fine people for using a mobile while riding, as I believe its riding without due care and attention, if the that's not a law then it should be. Unlike you I'm not an expert on cycling & British law, I do know how to ride a bike though and riding while chatting on a mobile makes anyone doing it a Twat.
- Public Track Pump1 year 7 weeks agohttp://www.cyclehoop.com/prod
- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoYou're just ranting, still
You're just ranting, still haven't answered the question.
- Flipping the Bird1 year 7 weeks agoalso creepy wide smiles
also creepy wide smiles
- Flipping the Bird1 year 7 weeks agoWhen I can get up to them at
When I can get up to them at lights its a throw down between sitting infront of the car and a track stare till lights change. Or my personal fav - ride alongside, motion to wind the window down and ask them about there day, it creeps people right out of there skin, ask them were there going, what they've been up to, when they are about to leave just a cheeky 'safe journey' or a casual wink! People don't know how to respond, they expect to get told off and are prep'ed up for an arguement and are met with sickeningly friendliness! Did it to some huge body builder chav kid the other week, his mates were in the car and he was showing of, showed him right up by doing that. Maybe even a bit of flirting! We used to creep other teams out on the rugby pitch by blowing kisses at them, they wouldn't wanna get close to you...hehee
- Tour De France - Étape 11 year 7 weeks agoI too have Cav but not Sagan,
I too have Cav but not Sagan, and about 3 credits in hand so I have the option of switching them for Sunday. Also gone for Kittel and Bouhanni, and three guys who may sprint for top 10, and can deal with the lumpy stuff too. Really think Greipel could match Cav on the flat stages this year, but as he won't be going for the intermediates (so he says), I've not picked him. Yet.
Have a rough plan of what to do for the next 4 stages, but keeping it flexible until we see who is in the spotty jumper (as my girlfriend calls it) after Sunday...
Are we confident? NO! Mainly just excited about the race, and am starting with low expectations - we'll see where we are after the TTT...
Looking forward to having a laugh on the forum, trying to keep it light and not take it seriously but that will change if I'm top 50 this time next week!
Hope you don't mind a shameless plug, my weekly sports show on www.cambridge105.fm will have a totally slapdash TdF preview this Sunday from 6pm if anyone is plumbing the depths of boredom to the extent that you need something to listen to...
- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoI don't care about the fine
I don't care about the fine aspect so much, although I think it probably should fall under riding without due care and attention (if thats a law, I don't know) I'm just sick of tossers jumping lights, using mobiles, riding like C*nts, weaving, pavement jumping etc and giving us a bad name.
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 7 weeks agoWould love to drop Rogers for
Would love to drop Rogers for Porte, bring in Bertie, but it just does not work, damn budgets!
- Zipp 30 clincher wheels1 year 7 weeks agoNo lighter than the wheels
No lighter than the wheels that come stock on most basic bikes. Why the huge price tag? Crazy.
- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoDog72 wrote:northstarDog72 wrote:northstar wrote:
Using a mobile phone whilst riding isn't even illegal, are they making up laws?
But it is fucking stupid though.
Cyclists need to act responsibly.
Dumbfucks in cars & lorries cause more injuries & death than cyclists, fact.
Selfish cyclists pissing on basic road rules and etiquette "because they can" do nothing to help the progression of cycling as a mainstream mode of travel.
It's not illegal so why do they think they can issue fines for it?
- Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL1 year 7 weeks agoI'm not usually one for
I'm not usually one for posting on forums, but... I pre-ordered one of these as a frameset last December on the reviews of the previous model. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I built it up with record 11speed.
The bike comes in at 6.05kg with pedals, admittedly with very light wheels!
All I can say is that I have never ridden anything as good as this. The cliches are all relevant about stiff plus comfort, light yet strong etc etc.
There are a couple of things worth considering in a purchase. On the plus, it is a bargain compared to the competition and a healthy discount is given if you can show proof of having a race licence, so it cost me ~£1400.
The only downside is that your local bike shop will go out of business if we all embrace this business model. No distributors or retailers margins allow the price to be so low. To compensate, the Canyon UK service is great, very helpful with parts advice exchanges etc.
- Tour De France - Étape 11 year 7 weeks agoI've got a spreadsheet with a
I've got a spreadsheet with a column per stage and minor analysis of what I think will happen, got two or three guys listed that I think will feature on each stage up to stage 7...
Anyway, for stage 1 I have Cavendish but I don't have Sagan.
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 7 weeks agoVoeckler 33.6
- Hundreds fined as police clamp down on anti-social cycling Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoextra cool points for doing a
extra cool points for doing a track stand while that chat with you
- TOUR de FRANCE GAME1 year 7 weeks agoSigned up too, three
Signed up too, three different fantasy games, 3 almost totally different teams, different values, different transfer rules, this is going to be crazy.
I could of entered more but 3 is enough.
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 7 weeks agoAfter much
After much deliberation...