- "Good luck finding me on foreign plates" driver named1 year 5 weeks agoSo, all this spying on us by
So, all this spying on us by government, CCTV cameras everywhere, an extensive bureaucracy predicated on the identifiability of car-drivers by license plates. And yet somehow it's apparently legal to drive a car with license plates that are no use in determining whether the tenure of the license holder should be curtailed?
If it's true that the plod cannot easily identify a foreign license plate then they should contract with the NSA to get a search done on whatever French license databases they have access to.
- "Good luck finding me on foreign plates" driver named1 year 5 weeks agoSteven N'Zonzi eh, who
Steven N'Zonzi eh, who would've known!
- Ian Cammish puts classic record-breaking 1983 time trial bike up for sale1 year 5 weeks agoIan, if I win the lottery
Ian, if I win the lottery this weekend, I'll buy it and let you have it back. Then you can buy the mrs something with the money and you'll both be happy.
- Gabba like jerseys1 year 5 weeks agoI was told by the Chapeau
I was told by the Chapeau chap that they were making something this year that's a lot like it (but better, though he would say that, wouldn't he?!). Apparently they'll have em on site in October. I fear they'll be black again. Wish someone would make nice winter kit in visible colours.
- Cheap source of CO2 cartridges1 year 5 weeks agoAlways use
Always use www.tyreinflators.co.uk
- Vuelta Stage 18: Vasil Kiryienka takes solo win for Team Sky, Chris Horner slashes gap to leader Vincenzo Nibali to 3 seconds1 year 5 weeks agoTovarishch wrote:2010 –Tovarishch wrote:
2010 – Rodriguez 17:06,Nibali 17:26
2011 – FROOME 17:23
2013 – Rodriguez 17:04,Nibali 17:09.
Chris Horner did the climb in 16:44!
Thank you Cycling Mole
Hes 42 and hasnt raced for months.
The court rest its case your Honour.
- Igor Makarov sends corruption report to USDADA; Pat McQuaid demands Brian Cookson admit he will run UCI from UK1 year 5 weeks ago"I appreciate that Brian has
"I appreciate that Brian has retired but the UCI can not reform its governance and management to accommodate his retirement plans or to facilitate being remunerated while keeping his feet up at home in Lancashire.”
Is it me or is this similar to what PMc is trying to do re his nomination ie change the rules to suit the situation or in his case his OWN situation.
- Cheap source of CO2 cartridges1 year 5 weeks agoOr cook shops would do you,
Or cook shops would do you, too.
- Cheap source of CO2 cartridges1 year 5 weeks agoYou can get nitrous
You can get nitrous cartridges in bulk very easily - google cream whippers and see what pops up. I've got a feeling you can get CO2 from the same places, but that's nowhere near as fun as huffing an innertube full of nitrous halfway through a ride.
- ToB - pick three Britons1 year 5 weeks agoDowsett Bibby Moses
Dowsett Bibby Moses
- Just in: Stages Cycling power meter1 year 5 weeks agoWho will be the first to
Who will be the first to install all three systems - PowerTap, Stages and Vector - on one bike for a handy way of testing the readings from the different products?
- Vuelta Stage 18: Vasil Kiryienka takes solo win for Team Sky, Chris Horner slashes gap to leader Vincenzo Nibali to 3 seconds1 year 5 weeks agoSimon E wrote:I read theSimon E wrote:
I read the Inrng piece and understand his point but after Thursday's performance by Horner I am no less suspicious than before.
I disagree with you Keith about describing people's suspicion as trolling, I think that's very unfair. Have you read this?
The use of the word trolling in the sense used by Gkam is inaccurate and pejorative. Anonymous attacks by individuals who do so for no other reason than to insult the individual or individuals concerned in a hurtful manner.
We are discussing the likelihood of Horner's success, and it is an open debating point until there is a drug testing system which can adequately test for PED drugs.
Unfortunately no sporting organisation can afford the £65,000 required to do so. The blood passport control is just that, a control, not a prevention. All you have to do is show consistency with your training and improvement through the season and you're clear. It doesn't actually test for the PEDs themselves. There is a direct analogy to the 50% hematocrit level. It was/is very basic and easy to test - note the expense is a factor. But it doesn't actually tell you what is underlying in the blood (PEDs or no PEDs). Like the 50% level, the passport is just a limiter to prevent taking too much PEDs all the time. We know Armstrong knew how to work around the blood passport - part of which was agreeing an initial dispensation to the test, but once he returned he continued to evade testers - you cannot tell me that an unreformed Armstrong when back into competition without taking PEDs because he felt as an older athlete he could compete fairly with the modern bunch - that just doesn't make sense.
Looking at the timings of Nibali and Horner on that climb and comparing them to others makes a very striking and interesting statement.
- FS: Mavic R-SYS SL and Roval Rapide SL45 carbon wheelsets1 year 5 weeks agoUpdated pictures - open to
Updated pictures - open to offers. Cheers.
- Trials legend Martyn Ashton confirmed as having suffered "life-changing" spinal injuries1 year 5 weeks agoTerrible news. I hope he
Terrible news. I hope he makes a full recovery.
- Greg LeMond set to launch range of road bikes at Interbike1 year 5 weeks agoTime + Campag = £££! Suspect
Time + Campag = £££! Suspect these are going to be mouth-watering bits of kit. Allez Greg!
- Mother devastated after texting driver whose truck crushed 13-year-old girl to death sentenced to 6 months jail1 year 5 weeks agoI would hope, at least, he'll
I would hope, at least, he'll no longer be eligible to drive an HGV ever again! What a pathetic, toothless justice system we have at times.
- ToB - pick three Britons1 year 5 weeks agoWiggo and the yates bros
Wiggo and the yates bros please...
- Vuelta - Stage 191 year 5 weeks agoNerz was my pick and he's in
Nerz was my pick and he's in the break, but brought him in for arroyo who is also in the break. Arroyo in purists tho. If no-one from the break wins, my money is on Sammy...
- Road Bike Tyres - Help1 year 5 weeks agoSimon E wrote:
"skimp"? Hmmm.Simon E wrote:
"skimp"? Hmmm. There's not much wrong with my £10 tyres, they do the job perfectly well. Not everyone has £50 to spend on a pair (and expensive tyres often wear faster than cheap ones).
In contrast i was using a set of cheap Continentals, and to be honest cornering on wet roads was not fun. They constantly felt like they were sliding around, in contrast i am now using a set of Pro4s and the bike actually rides ok in the wet.
Yes expensive tyres do wear faster, in simplistic terms, soft=grip=high wear rate. Cheap=hard=durable=crap in the rain. pays your money, except your compromises
- Cycling Gear Ratios - Quickest Performance gain1 year 5 weeks agowhats the difference between
whats the difference between a freewheel and a cassette?
I'm pretty sure my rear rings are linked to the wheel hub, as I couldnt fit a quick release skewer too it.
- Alternative Garmin mounts1 year 5 weeks agoI've got the Bar Fly on my
I've got the Bar Fly on my road bike and just added the SRAM one to my commuter bike.
Can't complain about either but the SRAM was only £13.49 from wiggle which is considerably cheaper than most (if not all) of the others.
- Panaracer Race A Evo 2 tyre1 year 5 weeks agoWhy use the same pressure as
Why use the same pressure as other tyres? Using the tyre's own recommended pressure would be more useful.
- Vuelta - Stage 191 year 5 weeks agoI brought in Carlos Alberto
I brought in Carlos Alberto Betancur as a long shot. He moved up from 129th to 127th on GC yesterday and I think it could be the start of a late surge. After all he is now just 18 seconds behind Fabricio Ferrari. I heard that Ferrari has lost a lot of sleep just thinking about that time gap. I wouldn't want to be in Klaas Lodewyck's shoes over the next 3 days. Apparently they smell.
- Vuelta - Stage 191 year 5 weeks agoI had this stage down as a
I had this stage down as a massive break group, I was right, just my rider's didn't go for it. I took in Hoogerland and Van Summeren
- Mother devastated after texting driver whose truck crushed 13-year-old girl to death sentenced to 6 months jail1 year 5 weeks agoThey say everything happens
They say everything happens for a reason, so I wonder if it was established in court why this man deleted text messages from his phone?
Are these the actions of an innocent man? Are they the actions of someone with compassion for a child on a bike that has just been killed?
I for one would be numb if I had just done such a thing regardless if I was to blame or not.
Put yourself in that guys shoes, imagine what just happened, then imagine thinking I hope I don't get into trouble for this, let me just delete these text messages just in case...
So, what are the lessons learned or the recommendations that will prevent this from happening to others in the future?
If it was that texting whilst driving was the cause, then the sentence should reflect that.
If it was unavoidable because of the type of vehicle, then they should be banned from busy high streets such as this one.
If the law does not take any of these into consideration, then if is obviously not meant to be a deterrent or to protect people, rather just to record what has happened for statistical purposes!
So remember, it's not justice, it's the law!