- Water meter bill1 year 13 weeks agoThanks very much for all the
Thanks very much for all the replies and advice.
Curiously, the bill isn't actually that much more than usual. We're going to contact Thames Water and see what they come back with.
- How do I make a team1 year 13 weeks agoOnce you are logged in, click
Once you are logged in, click on pick team and away you go : )
- British Cycling and adidas unveil 2013 Great Britain jersey (+ Gallery)1 year 13 weeks agoNice... although once you
Nice... although once you know about the flag its a bit off putting.
- British Cycling and adidas unveil 2013 Great Britain jersey (+ Gallery)1 year 13 weeks agoI thought this looked very
I thought this looked very 80s when i saw it unworn, but it looks good on Chris Hoy. It manages the easy identifiability of the last kit, but with more class from the deeper colours and more white - like it.
- Fantasy Cycling is back for 20131 year 13 weeks agoin... and premiumed...and
in... and premiumed...and blogged
- British Cycling and adidas unveil 2013 Great Britain jersey (+ Gallery)1 year 13 weeks agoBetter than the McCartney
Better than the McCartney design.
- Tour Series returns to Colchester... but Tour of Britain rethink for Stoke-on-Trent due to finance squeeze1 year 13 weeks agoI thought last year when the
I thought last year when the £820,000 figure was brought up they figured that it brought way more than that in to the area from visitors?
- Lance Armstrong 'will admit doping to stage a comeback'1 year 13 weeks agoSimmo72 wrote:ArmstrongSimmo72 wrote:
Armstrong didn't test positive during an event he won so what is different. Witness reports but no actual released scientific evidence.
Yes, strange that the UCI aren't frantically trying to dig up an old fail that was overlooked.
- Fantasy Cycling is back for 20131 year 13 weeks agogoing premium asap!
going premium asap!
- Fantasy Cycling is back for 20131 year 13 weeks agoSigned up to Premium already
Signed up to Premium already
Been along time coming!
The layout looks very slick!!
- Bristol councillor calls on new police commissioner to crack down on pavement cycling1 year 13 weeks agostumps wrote:To be honest itsstumps wrote:
To be honest its a 2 bit councillor who is trying to get his name in lights so he can get re-elected by showing he is "listening" to his constituents and trying to do something about it.
Same goes for the "crackdowns" on pavement cycling in Shrewsbury over the last few years. Councillor gets ear bent by a pensioner at LJC meeting. Gets the police to issue a press release. Box ticked. Yet I see relatively few cyclists riding on the pavement but plenty of illegally parked/waiting cars, taxis and vans.
Some of the shared paths are poorly signed/marked, like the pavement along Smithfield Road that is now a shared facility. You can cycle on these pavements and a select few others, but not all.
Of course, if the roads were nicer places to ride we wouldn't need these crappy 'facilities'. But while Shropshire Council is enslaved to the I-want-to-drive-and-park-my-car-everywhere-for-free-Now! lobby nothing will change.
- Winterise your bike1 year 13 weeks agoI use Cruds on my
I use Cruds on my commuter/winter bike and they are fine. A fiddle to set up, yes, but they do the job for only a couple of hundred grams. And you can pull them off in a moment for summer.
I agree with bikeylikey about Crud's 'defensive' tone: I wrote to them because one of the special releasable zip ties was missing from the pack and was told 'it couldn't possibly be missing because my own daughter packs them'. They wanted me to send stamps to pay for one to be sent!
That is crap, but the guards are ok.
- Christmas : what I wanted vs, what I got1 year 13 weeks agoWanted: new Green day
Wanted: new Green day album.
Got: new Green day album and a flat car battery because glove box light was left on for 3 days, now car stereo wants code which I don't have and can't listen to CD in car.
- Garmin reveal Edge 810 and 510 GPS computers +video1 year 13 weeks ago@Gizmo, the difference is the
@Gizmo, the difference is the battery life compared to mobile phones - I'm not sure what the figures are for the 510 and 810, but I've had my Edge 200 (the basement model) running constantly on a 9 hour ride and it was only just below 50% charge at the end.
Running something like Strava or Endomondo on iPhone, the phone is dead after a couple of hours.
The live tracking is more useful than it would seem at first; this is something I'd thought would be a really good idea to build in - it would be useful for family/friends who want to come and watch you in an event, saving them hanging round for ages as they can see exactly when you're getting near.
I wonder if a similar Edge 210 will be released at some point with these features - the colour touchscreen is overkill for me, and I'd be quite happy with a black and white screen with buttons if it was still half the price.
- Lance Armstrong 'will admit doping to stage a comeback'1 year 13 weeks agoI'm no Armstrong lover but
I'm no Armstrong lover but why has Riis,Ulrich, Pantani and Contador and co been allowed to keep their wins? I mean Armstrong didn't test positive during an event he won so what is different. Witness reports but no actual released scientific evidence. What am I missing? Yes Armstrong is the icon of his era but it we are going to wipe records then lets do it consistantly, which means anything from 1996 to 2006 is removed as all Winners have been touched by juicing at some point in their career.
Do you think Armstrong will come clean via a press release or will he do it on tv hugging Stiller and Williams and all the other celebs that kissed his ****.
- Gritty sound coming from front fork.1 year 13 weeks agoWhen you've fixed the problem
When you've fixed the problem it might be worth using one of these or similar http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/bbb-headguard-neoprene-headset-protector-...
I use one on my wet weather bike and don't suffer any issues in this area anymore.
- Fantasy Cycling is back for 20131 year 13 weeks agoGreat stuff!! Can't wait to
Great stuff!! Can't wait to get started
- Garmin reveal Edge 810 and 510 GPS computers +video1 year 13 weeks agoFather Christmas brought me
Father Christmas brought me an Edge 200 (actually I received the cash, and bought the Edge) as well. I wouldn't rule out an updated 200 being announced hot on the heels of this to be honest. Boo hiss.
My first impressions are that for uploading to Strava and reviewing the ride afterwards, the smartphone is better, simply because it's all done and dusted with a few button presses and I don't have to switch the laptop on to get the data off the device. However, I do like having the speed etc visible in real-time, as well as not having to bother with magnets/sensors etc.
Re the mapping, I think it would be great to see a nice-looking route, download the file, and simply follow the directions. However, I'm not keen on the size of the device, the cost or needing to constantly look away from the road to see where the next turning is.
Bring on a lightweight augmented-reality heads-up display that projects turn arrows onto the road ahead, and now we're talking! Nice integration into my Bolle specs, and my credit card will be trembling in it's boots...
- F/S - UPDATED/CHANGE!!! Surprise Sale of one hell of a gorgeous bike for the sportive season.1 year 13 weeks agoI had been thinking that this
I had been thinking that this would be the best approach from your point of view.
Shame, the frame is a little small for me unfortunately.
Go on, tell what your wife's reaction was that made you and the dog go and hide in the garage!
- Helmet debate ? (not what you think)1 year 13 weeks agoLondon doesn't have an
London doesn't have an elected Police Commissioner. The Court of Common Council (me neither) handles the role for the City Police, and the Mayor of London is responsible for the rest of the Metropolitan area.
- Garmin reveal Edge 810 and 510 GPS computers +video1 year 13 weeks agoWould it be possible for
Would it be possible for Road.cc to do a comparative review of the 810 against the Mio 305?
- British Cycling chief says any confession from Lance Armstrong must "name names"1 year 13 weeks agoPopcorn time!
Could I make a
Could I make a request that you squeeze the words 'Lance Armstrong'' & 'Rapha' into the same headline? Should provide days of entertainment...
- Garmin reveal Edge 810 and 510 GPS computers +video1 year 13 weeks agoAs I've only just got an Edge
As I've only just got an Edge 200 I'm really glad that haven't brought out a new version of that! The 510 looks brilliant. Not convinced by the mapping on the 800/810: when did you last go anywhere without looking at a map first?
And one more thing. The Bluetooth connectivity means that the Garmin can use the smartphone's data connection to broadcast location etc... so far so modern. However, if you want to do that, why not just have the mobile app using the smartphone's GPS, like Endomondo, Strava, etc etc?
- F/S - UPDATED/CHANGE!!! Surprise Sale of one hell of a gorgeous bike for the sportive season.1 year 13 weeks agoAfter a very long think - If
After a very long think - If the whole bike is not going to sell (someone is missing out on an absolutely gorgeous high spec bike) I will carfully dismantle the Roubaix and part with the frame - I will be keeping all the kit for my new Enigma Etape frame though.
So here it is - an absolutely stunning Specialized Roubaix full frameset inc, 54cm Medium frame, forks, headset, special stem, cone, carbon spacers, zert equipped seatpost and clamp.
I am asking £1100 for this little lot - however, I am open to SENSIBLE offers by PM.
Oh' the agony of it all
Hope it can help someone out - throw away your aging frame and end up with this,,,,, Nice.
- Helmet debate ? (not what you think)1 year 13 weeks agoCan't seem to find one for
Can't seem to find one for the Met either?