- Trek launch super-light, super-aero new Seven Series Madone (+ video)1 year 25 weeks agoKarbon Kev wrote:ludicrousKarbon Kev wrote:
ludicrous and ridiculous, typical trek ....
Hi Kev. Just curious, what do you mean?
- Discount offer to forum members on sport sun and massage creams1 year 25 weeks agoAs used by the Movistar Pro
As used by the Movistar Pro team who are experts on achieving the cyclists suntan http://www.movistarteam.com/
- Cannondale CAAD 8 tiagra or Cannondale Synapse Tiagra?1 year 25 weeks agoCheck the review on here to!
Check the review on here to! http://road.cc/content/review/50515-cannondale-caad8-tiagra road CC gave the caad8 4.5 stars out of 5 and its got lots of useful info about the bike in it which might help u choose! Good luck both very nice bikes!
- Suplest Streetracing Carbon road shoe1 year 25 weeks agoGot a pair of these about 2
Got a pair of these about 2 months back. always have used specialized because of wide toes. Found these great. roomy up front - no slip at heel. Cool in the heat.I had a pair of Giro Top shoe (prolight) and my feet would overheat instantly - hardly any ventilation.
I am always trying to find rigid shoe nirvana - tried all the top end shoes and these are th most comfy for my feet.
But, cycling shoes are very much a "horses for course" thing.
- Tour de France 2012 Preview1 year 25 weeks agoCannot wait now, lets get it
Cannot wait now, lets get it on!!!
French Bred ... check, a nice Brie ... check, a cheeky bottle (or two) of a nice red ..... check, French Au Pair ...... I'm working on that, no joy as yet ...
- DeFeet Slipstream oversocks1 year 25 weeks ago+1 fan of the Prendas
+1 fan of the Prendas although not the warmest. Moose Oversocks are thick, with cleat hole and cheaper than Defeet too.
- Halfords Fantasy Comp.1 year 25 weeks agoanyone made a road.cc league
anyone made a road.cc league yet?
- Cannondale CAAD 8 tiagra or Cannondale Synapse Tiagra?1 year 25 weeks agoIn last months Cycling Active
In last months Cycling Active there was a review of the CAAD8 Tiagra and got 92% if that is any help for you.
- Entries open for Severn Bridge Sportive, ties in this year with inaugural Castle Combe Cycling Festival1 year 25 weeks agoThe route, if the last two
The route, if the last two years is anything to go by is fabulous - lovely country lanes even when riding past Yate and Bristol. This one is my 'do not miss' one of the year. I'm really glad it's earlier in the season now too.
Routes and elevation are, if previous years are anything to go by, posted nearer the date, with .gpx files available to entrants a few days beforehand.
- £15 million set aside to improve safety of cyclists at junctions in England - but Sustrans calls for more1 year 25 weeks agoI'm like a stuck record but
I'm like a stuck record but urban speed limits are the key to safer cycling on routes most people would use. Installing and enforcing 20mph would mean an average speed reduction from 40mph in a 30mph area to errrrr... 30mph. Enforced speed reduction = better reaction time from drivers and safer cycling.
The government likes to associate speed with productivity as an excuse for not doing the bleeding obvious and slowing cars down so cyclists can share most commuting routes more safely.
My local MP supports the '20 is Plenty' campaign. Until cyclists push for it he can merrily back the campaign knowing he won't have to stick his neck out.
The irony is that I suspect plenty of cyclists don't want blanket 20mph limits either which is why Sustrans etc get sidetracked into discussing big budget cycle lane schemes (which naturally get kicked into the long grass by local councils).
In order to feel the gain we all have to feel the pain and if that means pootling around my local area at 20mph so that cyclists can share the road with me I'm happy to comply.
- Discount offer to forum members on sport sun and massage creams1 year 25 weeks agoThey need to be just the
They need to be just the right factor to ensure you still get a cyclists suntan...
- Pinarello unveil new Dogma 65.1 Think 2 frame1 year 25 weeks agoantonio wrote:'Merida'
Yep, who also do carrera (or did last time I heard).
Back in the day it was Giant that made Spesh frames though.
- Pinarello unveil new Dogma 65.1 Think 2 frame1 year 25 weeks agoNick T wrote:There was anNick T wrote:
There was an article here on road.cc about Sky's new Spesh deal, no?
Edit: wasn't even hard to find. It's there in the handily titled "related stories" column.
Thanks. Just what I wanted.
I was on the mobile site so had no related article. When I saw the article date I now know why I missed it! I was on a beach in Portugal and was phone/net free!
It makes sense as ever since spesh were announced as supplier for neutral service bikes for ToB I have been waiting for that to happen.
- Pinarello unveil new Dogma 65.1 Think 2 frame1 year 25 weeks agoRoberj4 wrote:so that will beRoberj4 wrote:
so that will be 5K for the frameset & forks! Pinarello's are so over priced when Trigon who make the frames offer their own lighter top of the range frameset for 1k less.
True, but then again no Pro Tour team has won diddly squat on a Trigon
- Betting on cycling1 year 25 weeks agoI had a tenner on Hesjedal to
I had a tenner on Hesjedal to win the Giro at 40/1, and haven't bet since - probably pushing my luck. Each-way on time-trials is probably worth a go - if it doesn't rain halfway through then I find those are the easiest stages to predict...
- Halfords Fantasy Comp.1 year 25 weeks agoOh dear, it looks really bad.
Oh dear, it looks really bad. I've picked a prologue team, I might just log on every few days and make a load of transfers for whatever the next stage is. The road.cc game is approximately 8 million times better.
Good team tho...
Martin (not Dan)
I'm convinced Wiggins is going to win the prologue but for some reason haven't picked him. Only just noticed that. Hmm.
- Betting on cycling1 year 25 weeks agoI think stage wins are quite
I think stage wins are quite fun to do, I've made lists of stage winners each day for the last three Grand Tours.
I wouldn't have made a profit if I'd put £1 on each though
- team GB rider1 year 25 weeks agoIf they are wearing Team GB
If they are wearing Team GB kit, riding a Pinarello, there is more than one of them, they are somewhere in or around Manchester and they are going faster than you then you can be sure they are the real deal. Ive only ever seen Wiggins once - he was on his own near Jodrell Bank. I think he mainly trains (when he isnt in tenerife) up near Chorley where he lives. Never seen Cav. My proudest cycling moment was keeping up with a couple of Team GB riders up a small hill. Once on the flat they were a dot in the distance within seconds but i was well chuffed regardless.
They all seem very nice people and more often than not give you the nod if you see them out on the road.
- Halfords Fantasy Comp.1 year 25 weeks agoDoes anyone know if the bonus
Does anyone know if the bonus stage counts towards the points for the stage prizes? If it does then it probably means you'll only get 1 chance to win a stage which will be on the day you use the bonus! Can't find this clarified anywhere on the site..
- Cannondale CAAD 8 tiagra or Cannondale Synapse Tiagra?1 year 25 weeks agoboth really nice bikes. The
both really nice bikes. The cannondale is more aggressive positioning (lower front end)
the synapse is a more comfortable bike on distances but less aggressive. it also has a really smart s.a.v.e design in the chain stays which help absorb road vibrations.
best bets is sitting on them see which positioning you prefer.
- Halfords Fantasy Comp.1 year 25 weeks agoThey keep emailing me to play
They keep emailing me to play again this year, sending me my username and password, but when I try to login I get "invalid username or password". Can't be arsed.
- Halfords Fantasy Comp.1 year 25 weeks agoWon a stage last year and got
Won a stage last year and got a Garmin shirt and bottle, both of which I use. But the prizes for stage wins are good so just go for one of those.
- Pinarello unveil new Dogma 65.1 Think 2 frame1 year 25 weeks ago'Merida'
- team GB rider1 year 25 weeks agoCrosshouses wrote:For all ICrosshouses wrote:
For all I know they're just keen sportsmen in replica kit.
I kind of alluded to this in my post above - I reckon if they really look the part (in terms of how they're riding, rather than what they're wearing), it's highly unlikely that the national kit would have been shop-bought.
- Entries open for Severn Bridge Sportive, ties in this year with inaugural Castle Combe Cycling Festival1 year 25 weeks agosod that! another £7 on top
sod that! another £7 on top of the entry fee to cross the bridge...