- Best back pocket fuel1 year 5 days agoAnother vote for Fig Rolls,
Another vote for Fig Rolls, use these for racing and training, perfect size, contain carbs and natural fructose.
Buy the supermarket own brand though as they are all better than Jacobs own.
- Cyclists who never stop for red lights1 year 5 days agoand how is a camera going to
and how is a camera going to identify this red light jumping cyclist?
- Road rage driver in France causes 6-year-old to fall off bike – then attacks her father and police1 year 5 days agoSo he was only taken into
So he was only taken into custody because he attacked a Police officer and not for the attack on the cyclists. Says it all
- Cyclists who never stop for red lights1 year 5 days agokie7077 wrote:jacknorellkie7077 wrote:jacknorell wrote:
This country needs red-light cameras. And loads of them.
I honestly think that wouldn't raise safety, just funds for councils.
as with speed cameras - that's irrelevant. You only end up paying if you're a c*nt.
- Pensioner's huge bike collection leads to complaints from neighbours1 year 5 days agoMaxP wrote:Dr Ruth!? What'sMaxP wrote:
Dr Ruth!? What's an American sex therapist got to do with the article?
About as much relevance as someones pop-psyche assessment based on a ropey news article.
- Cyclists who never stop for red lights1 year 5 days agogiff77 wrote:@ ike2112
I'm going to take this one literally. So, the genuinely ignorant cyclists wear jeans? I've seen loads of 'ignorant' cyclists clad in Lycra, HiViz, helmets on hi spec carbon bikes jump lights, weave, hop footpaths and demonstrate a total lack of road craft. I've also seen plenty of cyclists wearing regular clothes demonstrate brilliant road craft. The fact of the matter is that there are a***h***s out there in control of 2 wheels or 4 wheels. When I'm out training in full kit or shopping/socialising in regular duds I do my utmost to practice good road craft as do many others on this forum. Please do not continue to strengthen the dichotomy of what cyclists wear determines their road sense or what tribe they belong to.
Couldn't agree more! Don't be so single minded and ignorant to think what people wear matters!
- Craft Active Extreme Crewneck baselayer1 year 5 days agoLove mine as well. Craft is
Love mine as well. Craft is always by base layer. The lighter weight stuff during the summer and this kit when it turns cool to cold. With layers it works fine below freezing.
And I'll actually use this under a short sleeve jersey instead of arm warmers. Effective as warmers but doesn't overheat as the day warms up.
- Taking a back seat1 year 6 days agoLong Live Forum
Long Live Forum Scorum!!!!!!!!!
- Ultegra V 1051 year 6 days agojamtartman wrote:I run 105jamtartman wrote:
I run 105 (except for my crank) and I swap out the cassette from time to time for different ratios, and one of the cassettes is Ultegra. Ignoring the difference in ratios, the Ultegra cassette feels much better. Gear changes are sweeter, and somehow the feel through the drive train is better - more direct. It makes me want to change the rest of the drivetrain to ultegra.
Is the Ultegra a closer ratio cassette ?
- Waltham Forest Mini Holland road closures spark for and against petitions as opinions polarise1 year 6 days agolink to the
link to the programme
literally the last thing before the end.
- Speed shimmy on new hybrid1 year 6 days agoDo the handlebars turn
Do the handlebars turn smoothly? If the headset has been done up too tight and the handlebars are not completely free turning, your handling will feel dreadful (and possibly quite scary). However, as DavidC points out, this will not cause wobble unless your physical inputs are overreacting to the fact that the steering is not turning quite as it should. I made the mistake of over-tightening the headset once when fitting a new stem. Won't do that again!
Very, very unlikely in a brand new bike, but the other experience I have had of poor steering is if the fork has a bent steerer tube. For me, it took a long time to identify the issue because the damage to the steerer tube was so slight. Was caused by a big crash, but the bent tube was not at all obvious - I could only be sure when I put a ruler up against it - but it made the bike very difficult to ride.
- Craft Active Extreme Crewneck baselayer1 year 6 days agoNot just the short-sleaves -
Not just the short-sleaves - you can get the Craft Active Extreme Crew Neck - Men's, White, Medium (apparently not the black or other sizes though) for £9 on Halfords www. It's shown as £10 but they take 10% off when you add it to the basket.
- Spooky Skeletor road bike1 year 6 days agoWilling to sell just the
Willing to sell just the frame/fork and ship to the US?
- Craft Active Extreme Crewneck baselayer1 year 6 days agoOne persons 'warm' is another
One persons 'warm' is another persons 'OMG I'm freezing'
- Exposure Lights Trace TraceR front and rear light set1 year 6 days agoI've had the Mk7 Joystick for
I've had the Mk7 Joystick for 2 years. Never missed a beat as a helmet mounted light for offroad. I'm going to have a serious look at the these.
- Valleys Velo organiser appeals for help tracking down saboteurs (+ video)1 year 6 days agoNo one is going all out to
No one is going all out to catch the culprit and no one ever will. It will be a wast of money.
I thank there is the usual amount of media exaggeration with this story 'Tacks painted black'! More likely 'Black tacks were purchased'
- Indiglo 5 1800 lumen LED light close to Kickstarter funding goal1 year 6 days agoBez wrote:
There's a gap inBez wrote:
There's a gap in the market for a German-style beam with additional main beam that can be switched on and off by a remote switch
Exactly this - it seems like such an obvious idea - are there any lights out there with a remote dip/main switch?
- Pensioner's huge bike collection leads to complaints from neighbours1 year 6 days agoDr Ruth!? What's an American
Dr Ruth!? What's an American sex therapist got to do with the article?
- Pensioner's huge bike collection leads to complaints from neighbours1 year 6 days agoSimmo72 wrote:This is justSimmo72 wrote:
This is just extreme hording, the man has a mental condition
Well thank you for that Dr Ruth.
If you want some idea of "extreme" hoarding (even labelling it 'extreme' shows little understand of the condition) then I suggest watching Martin Hampton's excellent film, "Possessed"
If anything, sounds like the guy cant say no to people giving him old bikes and his input is greater than his output so he is getting overwhelmed. If he was hoarding then he would not be doing them up and selling them on.
I have a neighbour that is a hoarder and his front garden is full of a variety of toot but he repairs and rebuilds all the local kids bikes, teaching them how to look after them.
Maybe this guy should look at enlisting doing the same and maybe even turning it in to a bike co-op like one near me?
- Craft Active Extreme Crewneck baselayer1 year 6 days agoThere will never be an
There will never be an opportunity to war any of this cold weather gear,its just not cold enough anymore,waste of money
- Festka to build new bike for Ondřej Sosenka’s hour record attempt in 20151 year 6 days agoBreaking the hour record Bad
Breaking the hour record Bad
- Pensioner's huge bike collection leads to complaints from neighbours1 year 6 days agoI like how his legally parked
I like how his legally parked trailers are considered a "traffic hazard" by the neighbours but their similarly parked cars aren't.
Has he ever returned or even managed to repair a bike?
- Valleys Velo organiser appeals for help tracking down saboteurs (+ video)1 year 6 days agoThe fact the pins were
The fact the pins were painted black and scattered at a point on the course which would be known to be fast (rather than a relatively slow, flat, straight section) indicates a premeditated desire to cause harm, and posibly serious injury or worse.
Thankfully noone was injured. Hope they are found and dealt with appropriately
- US mayor charged with assault after allegedly driving into cyclist1 year 6 days agoApparently he's already got a
Apparently he's already got a new job lined up as Mayor somewhere in the New Forest..........
- Craft Active Extreme Crewneck baselayer1 year 6 days ago10 quid for the short-sleeved
10 quid for the short-sleeved version on Halfords www!