- Pictures of your Bike1 year 26 weeks agoIdentiti Persona used for the
Identiti Persona used for the daily stuff.
But never mind that, check out the old school bikestand.
Shopkeeper says it dates from 1953.
- road.cc mobile site - working for you?1 year 26 weeks agoIs the mobile site broken?
Is the mobile site broken?
Just got back from holiday and need my fix.
- Best Trainer Advert Ever (and most honest)1 year 26 weeks agoWell spotted!
- Updated: Andy Schleck out of Tour de France through injury in "biggest disappointment" of his career1 year 26 weeks agoOuch.
- BBC denies Sun report that Davina McCall has role in its Olympic cycling coverage1 year 26 weeks agoTotally agree !
Totally agree !
- TDS Stage 41 year 26 weeks agoTwo riders DNS stg5 today,
Two riders DNS stg5 today, both Garmin
Thomas Dekker & HH
- Best Trainer Advert Ever (and most honest)1 year 26 weeks agoUnless they're French, then
Unless they're French, then it's an obligation.
- Helmet Debate1 year 26 weeks agoJon Burrage: So you think
Jon Burrage: So you think cycling should be for the 1% of the population that is the confident & fast MAMIL brigade, and fsck every one else?
FWIW, I'm sometimes a MAMIL who likes to be able to speed along the road. Sometimes I'm a cyclist in normal clothes, just pottering along. I'd like to be able to do the latter with my family, Sadly, that's rare cause my wife doesn't feel safe cycling here in the UK, because of the lack of segregation.
Also, it's depressing when you meet UK cyclists who are actually happy with the sad state of cycling in the UK. Sometimes I think I should move back to the Netherlands.
- Which big, strong alu frameset?1 year 26 weeks agoTa, that's one of the reasons
Ta, that's one of the reasons I asked, as it's suggested a 58 for me too. I'm pretty sure that would be too small though based on previous bikes. Let us know how you get on!
- Updated: Andy Schleck out of Tour de France through injury in "biggest disappointment" of his career1 year 26 weeks agoIt also means Andy vs Bertie
It also means Andy vs Bertie on the Vuelta
- Which big, strong alu frameset?1 year 26 weeks agoI went for the 60cm (XL). The
I went for the 60cm (XL). The configuration thing came out with a 58, but my current bike is a 58 and too small. Looking at the numbers I decided to err on the larger side.
- Ribcap Jackson1 year 26 weeks agoYou've used that creepily
You've used that creepily lifelike mannequin again for the photo!
- Updated: Andy Schleck out of Tour de France through injury in "biggest disappointment" of his career1 year 26 weeks agoIt's the best thing that
It's the best thing that could have happened for Frank though. He can now ditch the wing mirrors and forget about nursing little brother Andy up those hills. The Brothers Schleck have always been a case of the whole being less than the sum of the parts in my opinion.
- Which big, strong alu frameset?1 year 26 weeks agoOut of interest, what size
Out of interest, what size frame did you end up ordering? I'm 6'3" and am considering Canyon for my next frame, so will be interested in how you get on.
- Updated: Andy Schleck out of Tour de France through injury in "biggest disappointment" of his career1 year 26 weeks agoIt will be "Cuddles" next!
It will be "Cuddles" next!
- Updated: Andy Schleck out of Tour de France through injury in "biggest disappointment" of his career1 year 26 weeks agoThe odds on Wiggo drop even
The odds on Wiggo drop even further
- Helmet Debate1 year 26 weeks agoI fell off the sofa last
I fell off the sofa last week, cracked my head on a chair and gave myself concussion...
(I wear a helmet for racing, don't for pottering about town. I like freedom of choice.)
- BBC denies Sun report that Davina McCall has role in its Olympic cycling coverage1 year 26 weeks agoReiterate what others have
Reiterate what others have said - she clearly loves her cycling and she always exudes enthusiasm. They are two things that a a tv package about cycling needs. Team her up with some seasoned pros to give insight and i think its a good combination. The vast majority of viewers will be keen amateurs like her so i would welcome having her as part of the coverage team. Get Lee Dixon in too whilst they are at it!
- Dancing on the grave of Andy Schleck...1 year 26 weeks agoBroken vertebra from last
Broken vertebra from last week's fall has put him out of the TdF anyway. Dancing around his hospital bed now?
- TDS Stage 41 year 26 weeks agoToday i am with:
Today i am with:
Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (MOV)
Jakob Fuglsang (RSN)
Thomas Danielson (GRM)
Robert Kiserlovski (AST)
Lars Petter Nordhaug (SKY)
Thibaut Pinot (FDJ)
Jacopo Guarnieri (AST)
Giampaolo Caruso (KAT)
- Which big, strong alu frameset?1 year 26 weeks agoYeah, I'm not 'fat' per se,
Yeah, I'm not 'fat' per se, but I am a big unit. The air has to make quite an effort to flow around my shoulders.
I ended up not being able to get an S1 in my size. Considered the Kinesis Granfondo but eventually ordered the Canyon Ultimate Al. I've got friends who rave about them and to be honest I'd fancied that frame since before I knew I needed a new one.
Happy with my order and hopefully I'll be happy with my frame when it arrives.
Thanks for your help, folks.
- Best Trainer Advert Ever (and most honest)1 year 26 weeks agoHard men don't suffer from
Hard men don't suffer from "ennui"
- BBC denies Sun report that Davina McCall has role in its Olympic cycling coverage1 year 26 weeks agoAgree, she may not be
Agree, she may not be everyone's cup of tea but as others mention she could bring cycling to a larger audience - certainly something cycling needs. She has a genuine interest in cycling and done some serious miles so while she may not be an expert like Chris Boardman, she is actually closer to the vast majority of people that get into cycling. How many people have broken the hour record?
I'm certainly not in her fan club but to get closer to the tipping point we need for cycling in the UK you could do far, far worse.
- Cambridge Cycling Campaign accuses drivers of intimidating cyclists1 year 26 weeks ago'20 is Plenty' is the future
'20 is Plenty' is the future and I'm not sure why the cycling community isn't concentrating on this first and 'driver behaviour' second as the latter is conditioned by impatience and the acceptance of speed has part if life. Actually I do know why we aren't behind '20 is Plenty' It's because we're all used to 33/35/40mph in a 30mph zone. We can't have it both ways. If we want safer cycling everyone has to start doing 20mph behind the wheel. It's that simple.
- Saddle height1 year 26 weeks agoSorry, to answer your actual
Sorry, to answer your actual question - the 109% method and the best way to measure absolute seat height across all your bikes - align the crank arm with your seat post so they form a continuous line and measure from the axle centre to the top of the seat. In reality it's impossible to measure the centre of the pedal axle, so measure 10mm above it then compensate at the top. Saddle flex will be an issue too, so keep an eye on that.
Lemonds is 89% from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat (but this assumes everyone is using the same length cranks!)