- Up all night1 year 8 weeks agoOnly thing I can think of is
Only thing I can think of is that you're drinking too much during and after your rides because of lack of salts. I use electrolyte mixes whilst on the bike and then have another full one when I get home. This stopped me drinking too much. Every 2 hours seems excessive though. It does sound like you need a full on check up
- Criterium du Dauphine stage 61 year 8 weeks agolive.cyclingnews.comlive.cyclingnews.com wrote:
...the sprint has sparked an attack. Chavanel kept going and has been joined by other riders...However the peloton has quickly chased them down...live.cyclingnews.com wrote:
...Frenchman Pierre Rolland (Team Europcar) tried to get in the move...live.cyclingnews.com wrote:
...Thomas Voeckler (Team Europcar) has gone across and through the breakaway...
Ah, today is my kind of day... A day of heroics... Chavanel tried, Rolland tried and here comes Tommy Voeckler! Go Tommy!
I'd say De Gendt is a good bet for tomorrow and Rolland for the day after!
- DAUPHINE1 year 8 weeks agoenrique wrote:... the guysenrique wrote:
... the guys below [are] my picks for... a breakaway:
31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel
- Just in: Trek Madone 2.11 year 8 weeks agokingbucko75 wrote:Its still akingbucko75 wrote:
Its still a Trek at the end of the day.........
It is and that means you're benefitting from buying a bike from one of the worlds biggest bike companies with excellent sales and support around the world, the value for money that comes from all that buying power and a lifetime warranty.
And no, I don't work for Trek. Just don't really see the need to brand snob a company because they're a success.
- Let there be light! Herne Hill Velodrome gets floodlights, new junior velodrome and multi use games area1 year 8 weeks agoQuote:Is the new juniorQuote:
Is the new junior velodrome actually just the warmup track?
Its hardly a velodrome.
It's both - don't be so dismissive! Great for really young kids and also for handcycles, bikes for the disabled etc.
Venue is looking good, I had a wander round it yesterday. Get the grandstand built and the back bit (those big storage sheds) tidied up a bit and the place will look amazing.
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 8 weeks agoHave to say, I probably go
Have to say, I probably go against the grain in commuting on my only (fast) bike, simply changing wheels and tyres for winter.
I'm in full lycra, I get sweaty, no 'guards, and when I'm feeling good I time trial it!
Can't afford n+1, get no pleasure in going slowly.
This only works because I have showers at work and lockers where I can store clothes.
8 miles is definitely worth getting into your gear for, and you have the option of extending your route on the way back. Mine's only 10.5 miles each way if I go the most direct route.
- Training well vs mileage accumulation1 year 8 weeks agoRest is good advice. Legs
Rest is good advice. Legs filled with lead and slower average speeds than normal- you definitely need to work on getting the recovery and training load right. It is Ok to get into this state as part of a plan - overreaching, but if you keep going or try putting intensity on top you can end up in a rubbish place for months. You might not need a week off, maybe just back off a bit. It is normal to have every third or fourth week at a lower training load.
I am a very average club rider, and I have done 100 mile TT in a touch less than 4 hours off the back of just doing long rides. You can get a long way on just miles, especially if it is just average speeds that you want to improve, but you have to pay attention to how you structure your days within a week and weeks within a month etc. Intervals can work and longer sweetspot or threshold sessions are a pretty safe bet. Shorter ones are higher risk/reward and are often used in weeks before a race as sharpening up.
Road race are a different story, much more complicated. With all those sprints, surges hills etc. you need a lot more tools, intervals certainly help.
If it is a sportive, then its not a race, but they tend to be hilly so get used to doing some long hills maybe, do plenty of miles.
- Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Froome reels in Contador to win stage and take maillot jaune1 year 8 weeks agoLoved watching Froome cruise
Loved watching Froome cruise past Cuntador...must have been quite disheartening for the cheat!
- Criterium du Dauphine stage 61 year 8 weeks agoWell since stage 2 I've taken
Well since stage 2 I've taken 80 penalty points and even if I hadn't I would be no better off .....this is a complete bust .....cest la vie
- Just In: Token T28 wheels1 year 8 weeks ago"Anti-Vibration Technology"
"Anti-Vibration Technology" aka "tires".
- what are the benefits of shaving your legs....seriously1 year 8 weeks agoThere is something satisfying
There is something satisfying about having flies squashed on your legs, rather than getting trapped in the hair as you ride along
- Defy 1 or Equilibrium 20?1 year 8 weeks agoNot enough info on you, your
Not enough info on you, your riding style, type, preferences to make a recommendation.
And inevitably you'll get lots of alternative brands. Why these two in particular? Etc etc
- London gets new road safety plan aimed at cutting disproportionate casualty rate among vulnerable users1 year 8 weeks ago"20mph zones do
"20mph zones do nothing"
Completely agree, although I don't think cars have to look at rat-runs as there is no enforcement of speeding, using a mobile phone, careless/wreckless/negligent driving.
Boroughs are more interested in parking fines not managing drivers.
- Up all night1 year 8 weeks agoI do drink lots of tea and my
I do drink lots of tea and my urine does run clear sometimes so you could be onto something there Sideburn
- Let there be light! Herne Hill Velodrome gets floodlights, new junior velodrome and multi use games area1 year 8 weeks agoIs the new junior velodrome
Is the new junior velodrome actually just the warmup track?
Its hardly a velodrome.
- Vacansoleil-DCM rider Nikita Novikov suspended after positive out-of-competition test1 year 8 weeks agoWell, at least we're catching
Well, at least we're catching them ...
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 8 weeks agoMudguards are a good call. I
Mudguards are a good call. I wouldn't do without them on my commute. Regarding the C2W, have a word with your accountant. You may be able to get your company to buy the bike which would give you the same benefit as C2W without the effective HP agreement but without having to pay to transfer it either.
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 8 weeks ago142pts good enough for 25th
142pts good enough for 25th on the stage backing up my 3rd in the ITT......so when you see that I'm still not in the top 250 it's obvious what a shocker I had during the early 'V fo Victory' stages!!.
- Vacansoleil-DCM rider Nikita Novikov suspended after positive out-of-competition test1 year 8 weeks agoThis is becoming comical now.
This is becoming comical now. Lifetime bans for anyone caught are needed.
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 8 weeks agostumps wrote:Thoroughlystumps wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed that, the look on Bertie's face as he could not keep up with Froome was priceless .
You could almost see his TdF hopes get obliterated, mind you thats another race and still a way off yet.
Everyone wrote him off in the Vuelta too!!
- Criterium du Dauphine stage 61 year 8 weeks agoWell Ive had an absolute
Well Ive had an absolute shocker so far. Had to take a penalty to get Froome in for Valverde.
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 8 weeks ago5 stages of the Forum's
5 stages of the Forum's Scorum's Dauphine gone and drheaton is still out in front with a 32pt lead over backflipbedlem whose hunger for badges since going premium knows no bounds!! Julie Danson continues her good form and still leads the purist section mirroring the surprise yellow jersey's for Veilleux and Dennis.......Nata1ia leads the Squeakers(non-premium) showing enrique that once again it's not all about the banking of transfers in the premium game overpowering standard players(he's 15th amongst squeakers!!).
The Forum Scorum's Overall classification has seen Alan Tullett fall off the planet.....going from 2nd place just before Giro stage 13t to a lowly 11th with many pundits saying his non-entry into the Criterium Du Dauphine is an act of solidarity with AG2R who miss the race thanks to Sylvan Georges positive dope test? Oh yeah.....that teeny weeny speck in the distance id Wig_Billy who has a whopping 912pt lead in standard and 820pt lead in standard.
nickobec heads the Squeakers(enrique back in the top 10!!)
- Criterium du Dauphine stage 61 year 8 weeks agoJust know that Vichot is
Just know that Vichot is going to do something today, and I um'd and ah'd about sticking him in last night!
- Criterium du Dauphine stage 61 year 8 weeks agoWe have a breakaway of three
We have a breakaway of three trying
Juan Antonio Flechas
- Tour de Suisse1 year 8 weeks agoThey may as well have called
They may as well have called it the Tour Du Spartacus...I expect at least 2 stage wins for him.