- Winter project SL3 now finished - Opinions and Recommendations sought.1 year 17 weeks agoGlad you like the
Glad you like the 'spesh'.
Yep - DID ride MTB's, that was until I broke my ankle in February. I have a very nice Specialized Pitch Pro, the second one of those I've had and what a cracking MTB they are.
Though still roading, my broken ankle just played on my mind and still a little 'aprehensive' about getting back up the mountains of the Mendips and Welsh centres - it's more in the head than the ankle. It would probably be OK it's just I worry about it getting all bashed up again on the rough stuff, though the round and round of the road has built the strength back up.
Seeing my foot the wrong way round frightened me a bit and don't want to see that again.
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agoI bet there are a lot of
I bet there are a lot of people in the banking sector who are thinking the same thing: why did I let my fears hold me back from the kind of dodgy trading that would have allowed me to convert my millionaire status to that of billionaire, now that it turns out there has been little-to-no ramification for those who did. And in other industries too (professional sport is just another industry after all.)
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agoRed Astana jersey is probably
Red Astana jersey is probably Luxembourg National Champions jersey - it'll be white and pale blue below.
- Winter project SL3 now finished - Opinions and Recommendations sought.1 year 17 weeks agoLooks great. Yes, its a Spesh
Looks great. Yes, its a Spesh so of course I'd say that
I reckon there is a long line for those wanting to sign up to be one of your mates as you clearly do a good job.
You ride mtbs as well then? What you got?
I have 3! Plus one that is a few parts short of a complete bike. (1985 Raleigh Maverick)
- NOW SOLD - Colnago 105 kit sloping geo equiv to 54cm traditional.1 year 17 weeks agoOk, ok,,,,,,
I can go
I can go without food and water for this week, but I can only go down to £575.00, and for that you will have a cracking bike for less than a 'less than reasonable' new steed and certainly not the spec of this one, you would be hard pushed to tell the difference, condition wise - and with a brand new KMC chain too.
Last reduction - unfortunately I cannot let it go for any less - really don't want to strip and sell it for the parts, though probably would sell for more that way.
- Continental GP 4 Season Tyres - Anyone running these???1 year 17 weeks agoHad them for just over a year
Had them for just over a year (bought from wiggle tyre / tube combo deal) and think they are great. Not done that many miles but good grip both wet & dry with no real rolling resistance sacrifice. Recommended.
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agowhat's that red astana
what's that red astana jersey? looks surprisingly good - don't remember Lance ever wearing it.
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agoI can see his point.
I can see his point.
There could have been a clean rider in the peloton who would have won races if everyone was clean. No-one knows his name and he missed out on a small fortune.
Compare that to Tyler Hamilton who still has a list of wins to his name, still has the prize money, still has the wages and now has the book sales.
Truth and reconciliation might help the next generation but it still leaves the previous generation of clean riders cheated by the dopers.
- NOW is the time for action1 year 17 weeks agoOne area I feel gutted about
One area I feel gutted about is, generally if a cyclist is hit by a car/van/truck/bus then usually the driver has no 'real' punishment (the press shows this)- heaven forbid, the driver who hit Wiggo, she may even get driving without due care and attention,,,,, and he's a gold medalist and TDF winner and in all the press - what would have happened if that was me on the way to work????? 'Another stupid cyclist' no doubt.
However, if the cost of the damages done to the bike/rider/family/loss of work etc were directly against the driver (if he/she is guilty) and affects thier no claims (which most drivers are more worried about than hitting a cyclist into the bushes)then perhaps drivers may think twice.
Please don't shoot me for the suggestion, but the only way we could get this off the ground is if we have strong comp insurance also, for our defence - our claim goes into them for the incident and then they go up against the drivers insurance - the Police would HAVE to then investigate the accident for sure.
I am not too sure how much a cycle comp policy would be but it could get all to understand we are legitimate road users. This backed up by advertising and awareness info (some of the revenue could be used for that) could be the thing we are all looking for - just to be respectfully treated as another road user, and not an annoyance, or worse, a statistic. I understand this would not be popular, have lots of problems like 'what age', how much, who has to, enforcement etc but something HAS to be done to rectify this problem. I just get so frustrated when I see the smirk on the face of the car driver, who has really impressed his girlfriend, when he has just come so close to frighten most then as he sneers and drives off in his protective tin box.
Come on Mr Cameron, you are good at looking after bankers and using our money to bail them out, why not look after those who cycle to work a bit more, who are trying to keep this country afloat and the cities and roads a cleaner and a less congested place.
Breath, Breath,,,,,, ah' better now.
- Continental GP 4 Season Tyres - Anyone running these???1 year 17 weeks agoHad a set on my London
Had a set on my London commuter - replaced 2000 miles later: down to the threads, but not a single p...
Go get some...
- Continental GP 4 Season Tyres - Anyone running these???1 year 17 weeks agoNo experience but likely to
No experience but likely to go for a set shortly. Heard great things and at the prices you can get them for form the Continent, worth a punt.
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agoI quite admire his honesty,
I quite admire his honesty, somehow.
- Alternative Garmin mounts1 year 17 weeks agoi talked to raceware direct
i talked to raceware direct and they said they're looking at it, so stay tuned...
- NOW is the time for action1 year 17 weeks agoThis is a very difficult set
This is a very difficult set of problems to overcome and there is no one answer, as most people above seem to have pointed out driver training is at the core of the problem. perhaps an ad campaign directed at these individuals would be the way forward, as with the ads about drink driving seemed to work making the public's perception of a drunk driver as a menace to all. Maybe include a subtle reminder to good drivers that bad drivers cost them money (ie a %age of our car insurance goes into the central insurance bureau to cover idiots that don't bother having insurance)Each incident on the road costs x amount to investigate x amount to clean up afterwards etc etc.. this has to be paid for out of our council taxes and/or other taxation.
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agoMakes me wonder how much he
Makes me wonder how much he thinks hes going to get payed by LA for being nice.
- Raleigh celebrate 125th anniversary with a new 'old' bike1 year 17 weeks ago2k sounds about right I
2k sounds about right I think. I was expecting more considering the sort of repro-but-modern-kit build this is.
- Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp 700x25c tyre1 year 17 weeks agousernameforme wrote:anyusernameforme wrote:
any chance of a review on the racing quattro?
Yep, it's out there being reviewed right now. Stand by.
- Raleigh celebrate 125th anniversary with a new 'old' bike1 year 17 weeks agoI have got an original
I have got an original hanging up in the garage! Not with all original parts or in good nick but now it is a piece of cycling heritage!
- Armstrong teammate says he wished he had doped when he had the chance1 year 17 weeks agoA sad example of the win at
A sad example of the win at any cost mentality that feels like it has destroyed a decade of professional cycling. A candidate for next UCI president perhaps?
- Ten turbo trainers from £150 to £2,2501 year 17 weeks agoHave a look at
Have a look at
Seems to be a good idea hire to try then buy
- Raleigh celebrate 125th anniversary with a new 'old' bike1 year 17 weeks agoI'd want more than Reynolds
I'd want more than Reynolds 525 and Veloce for two grand.
- Winter project SL3 now finished - Opinions and Recommendations sought.1 year 17 weeks agoGkam84Gkam84 wrote:
Recommendations......Start a new project, the winter has only just begun
Can't go wrong with black bar tape, blue is alright, but white is a nightmare to keep clean
already have a few other 'winter projects' on the go, just wanted to get this one finished - now it is. As I had white spesh bar tape in the cupboard I used that and it looks OK, nice, thick and squishy (comfortable). Once that gets horrible I may go for another colour - black is favourite.
The 'garage of many bits' is up to the rafters at the moment, mostly MTB's for repairs (all mates bikes at mates rates), a couple of road bikes for 'free customers' and my own other bike projects - which reminds me, have to get back in there or I will never dig myself out of there before Xmas.
Piccy now finished with tape.
- Seven in ten lorries break speed limit on single carriageway roads - so DfT plans to let them go faster1 year 17 weeks agoAh now I understand, all
Ah now I understand, all those rlj'ers drunk/drugged drivers phone users speeders uninsured unlicenced etc etc... aren't breaking the law they're trying to change it!
- National newspapers launch cycling and motoring surveys1 year 17 weeks agoThe Times survey asks us what
The Times survey asks us what would make us cycle more then lists a few options including cycle training NOWHERE does it say better/and ongoing training for ALL road users. It still appears to be blaming the victims and ignoring/failing to see the elephant in the room. Again with Q4 "who is the greatest danger to cyclists" there is no option for bad drivers I had to use the other box to point out vehicles are mechanical objects it's the person who is driving it who's the danger.
- Alternative Garmin mounts1 year 17 weeks agoLike @Doctor Fegg, I'd be
Like @Doctor Fegg, I'd be interested if there was a model for eTrex.
@racewaredirect - any chnance of seeing this in the future?