- Transfers not working1 year 4 weeks agoAnd still not working for the
And still not working for the worlds. It won't let me pick a team....but noone else seems to be having the problem.
- World Championships = Purist teams1 year 4 weeks agoI am still getting an error
I am still getting an error message and unable to complete any transfers. Its been ongoing all week and has affected transfers I tried to do in the Tour of Britain.
Every time I pick the team its now saying we were unable to complete your transfers please choose again. Does anyone else get this or am I just jinxed. Its taking out alot of the enjoyment as I have been missing transfers and can't keep logging back in to make them.
- Smartphone handlebar mount1 year 4 weeks agowow, neat piece of design if
wow, neat piece of design if it works. definitely interested to know how you find it.
- fs-huge clearout1 year 4 weeks agoWhat chain rings on size or
What chain rings on size or what's the biggest?
- Pat McQuaid’s plea for UCI re-election: “I can fairly easily reunify cycling”1 year 4 weeks agoFour more years; Who does
Four more years; Who does that remind you of?
You've had 8 years Pat and you really f*cked it up, do you think you can repair all that damage in just 4 years or are you after the time to really screw us over and destroy world cycling forever?
- Cannot believe there are no replies!!1 year 4 weeks agoperhaps the 2,000 or so
perhaps the 2,000 or so signatories should be invited to agree to waive their public road funding subsidy and agree to personally underwrite the repair and maintenance of Surrey's roads instead and then they can dictate who can and can not use them ? Otherwise they should be invited to "pipe down".
- Spin Cycle Magazine - 9 Months in1 year 4 weeks agoI've really enjoyed it, a
I've really enjoyed it, a whole lot better than magazines I've paid for (Although to be fair I am a northern club cyclist, and proud of it too).
- VIDEO: Kerfuffle in the USA over topless woman cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoI hate to point this out but
I hate to point this out but this is not a cycling story, this is someone making a cry for help
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 4 weeks agoDavid Portland wrote:"£15David Portland wrote:
"£15 victim surcharge" -- what victim?
[[[ All victims of crime, I believe. It's a slush-fund.
- Tour of Britain Stage 7: Mark Cavendish wins again in Guildford, Bradley Wiggins set to win overall1 year 4 weeks agoI didn't like the way
I didn't like the way Cavendish looked across then rapidly moved to his left pushing Viviani towards the barrier. he should have kept his line.
- Leading Scottish cyclist Andy Laing fights for life after being hit by car1 year 4 weeks agoShe must not have been
She must not have been carrying a hammer at the time
- David Cameron backs cycling as he helps open bike shop in his constituency1 year 4 weeks agoShame most roads leading to
Shame most roads leading to Witney are lethal. LBS for Chipping Norton please
- World Championships = Purist teams1 year 4 weeks agoFinal roster update
Final roster update done.
Yes, purist is a little pointless for the worlds because of the unlimited transfers but you've got three totally different races grouped into one competition, picking a team across all three races would be too difficult.
- Cannot believe there are no replies!!1 year 4 weeks agoHey guys, just spent a great
Hey guys, just spent a great day at a cycling event which used the roads of Surrey.
Estimates are that 60,000 people turned out in Guildford alone, f*ck knows how many more along the 154Km route.
So much for 2,200 people signing some poxy petition.
- Norwegian pavement cyclist faces jail for killing another pavement rider1 year 4 weeks agoAgree that the jail tariff is
Agree that the jail tariff is too lenient but the life tariff to carry is absolute.
It emphasises that a figure emerging from reviews on footway cycling is that the greatest risk is that of colliding with another cyclist riding on the footway, and crashing on a footway is 4-8 times more likely than crashing on a carriageway.
- Cambridge Crime Commissioner: Making motorists liable for crashes is ‘very silly’1 year 4 weeks agoI do not understand why
I do not understand why people have a problem with this, given that it is law in other European Countries and was in the 90's when I lived in Germany. That is why they have shared spaces that work because the simple law is, pedestrians have right of way over cycles and cars and cycles have right of way over pedestrians etc.
It then means that those in control of vehicles (I know this may sound absurd to some in the UK) take responsibility for the control of their mode of transport, unless it can be proven that the other party was at fault such as a pedestrian straying into a cycle lane.
This also means that shared spaces can be used, with no major drama.
Why is it that we have strict health and safety laws that entail people being trained to use machinery and have to ensure that whilst using it that those around do not come to harm from it in the vicinity, except when we get out on to the roads. If a Policeman is patrolling the streets with a firearm, he is trained on it and is in control of it, it his responsibility to ensure those around him are not injured by it while it is in his control, you do not expect everyone walking passed him to wear body armour and helmet. So why should those who drive cars be any different or for that matter cyclists.
- ‘Deathtrap’ fears over new York contraflow bike lane1 year 4 weeks agoWell said.
- Leading Scottish cyclist Andy Laing fights for life after being hit by car1 year 4 weeks agoYes, best wishes for a speedy
Yes, best wishes for a speedy recovery
- Leading Scottish cyclist Andy Laing fights for life after being hit by car1 year 4 weeks agoBest wishes Andy.
Best wishes Andy.
- Tour of Britain stage 71 year 4 weeks agoWishing I had taken a penalty
Wishing I had taken a penalty now!
just 2 and 8 for me
- ‘Deathtrap’ fears over new York contraflow bike lane1 year 4 weeks agoThere seems to be no mention
There seems to be no mention of the extent to which cyclists illegally have been travelling in the contra-flow direction and I'm reminded of a comment from a former officer with York Council on his (polite) response to any complaints about provision of parking spaces. "We are only required by the law to provide roads for moving traffic so I suggest you find somewhere to park for yourself - we won't be providing one".
Quite frankly the expectation that road surfaces which cost a lot to build and maintain, are provided for storing private property often for long periods (most private cars are idle for on average 95% of the time) is something which has crept in over the past 50 years, along with the need to waste paint and signs indicating where parking is not permitted. Let's return to the simplicity of the Highway Code signage of the 1930's put up signs showing where parking is permitted, and have the clear understanding that it is not permitted at all other places. This does not preclude stopping to load or unload a vehicle but abandoning it as an obstruction - no.
Of course this would then really deliver the proper market economy for the provision of places to park a car or truck, and quite likely reduce the total pay-out on parking fines made by UK motorists, who might just begin to accept the cultural adjustment of paying to park their cars when these are not in use.
So Mr Stannard might need to consider how he manages his transport resources - I suspect that disabled parking space is used by one vehicle throughout the day, and as for a delivery truck stopped for 45 minutes to make a delivery, those haulage operators must be well loaded profit-wise to be able to afford such long periods of their trucks standing still and not moving goods around.
- World Championships = Purist teams1 year 4 weeks agoHere is the final
Here is the final startlist
- If You Can’t See My Handlebars…1 year 4 weeks agohttps://www.facebook.com/grou
sometimes the money is for charity...but yeah, why pay to ride on a road that is free every other day of the year...maybe it's for the (sometimes...well stocked) food stops and marshalling provided by some well run sportives.
We don't all ride in/for clubs - and dress as we please...so overall I'd say (tongue in check or not) a rather condescending attempt at lording it over leisure cyclists in general...
- Tour of Britain stage 71 year 4 weeks agoFull results are up! No race
Full results are up! No race apathy here! I almost opened up a new thread to post these, but, I read this one first!
1 Mark Cavendish Omega Pharma Quick-Step 3h 46' 57''
2 Elia Viviani Cannondale 3h 46' 57''
3 Gerald Ciolek MTN Qhubeka 3h 46' 57''
4 Blaz Jarc Team NetApp Endura 3h 46' 57''
5 Jacob Rathe** Garmin Sharp 3h 46' 57''
6 Matteo Pelucchi IAM Cycling 3h 46' 57''
7 Chris Opie Team UK Youth 3h 46' 57''
8 Martin Elmiger IAM Cycling 3h 46' 57''
9 Alessandro Bazzana UnitedHealthcare 3h 46' 57''
10 Sam Bennett AN Post Chain Reaction 3h 46' 57''
11 Marcin Bialoblocki Team UK Youth 3h 46' 57''
12 Enrique Sanz Movistar 3h 46' 57''
13 Jimmy Engoulvent Sojasun 3h 47' 1'' 0' 4''
14 Owain Doull** Great Britain 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
15 Sir Bradley Wiggins Sky Procycling 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
16 Marcel Wyss IAM Cycling 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
17 Stefano Pirazzi Bardiani Valvole CSF Inox 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
18 Ian Stannard Sky Procycling 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
19 Michael Northey Node 4 Giordana Racing 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
20 Sebastien Reichenbach IAM Cycling 3h 47' 3'' 0' 6''
97 George Atkins** Great Britain 3h 49' 13'' 2' 16''
1 Martin Elmiger IAM Cycling 56
2 Elia Viviani Cannondale 43
3 Gerald Ciolek MTN Qhubeka 41
4 Sam Bennett AN Post Chain Reaction 41
5 Mark Cavendish Omega Pharma Quick-Step 40
1 Angel Madrazo Ruiz Movistar 72
2 Kristian House Rapha Condor JLT 47
3 Peter Williams Team IG Sigma Sport 33
4 Nairo Quintana Rojas Movistar 31
5 Sean Downey AN Post Chain Reaction 28
- Holding a smexy ass 6.5kg bike this week made me wonder where and how I could cut the weight down on my road bike.1 year 4 weeks agoI weight weenied stem, bars..
I weight weenied stem, bars.. made me feel like I really made the bike my own top of the liner.
Sans my ridiculously heavy 550g pedals I weigh in at 7100g