- Tiernan-Locke blames 33-unit booze binge for doping ban1 year 1 week agoOtis BraggOtis Bragg wrote:notfastenough wrote:
Is it me or has that SP post been removed from Cyclingtips? Clearly TSP talks about different things in a single post, but I wonder why...
No-it isn't you- it seems to be have been removed- wonder if it was due to the JTL stuff or the quote about Froome "going after blood" in the Vuelta which could be open to all sorts of interpretations.
Well now you're just teasing, I haven't read it! Google's content cache couldn't seem to provide it either.
Edit: got it, I don't think google likes the old browser version my work laptop...
- Croix de Fer fork specs1 year 1 week agoThanks, now I know what to
Thanks, now I know what to expect. I'm just making research but don't know where you can get a new separate fork. I'm planning to buy a frameset (cross or similar, not a race one).
I've read somewhere (maybe a forum) that a folk asked Genesis if they have a spare fork and they sent him an aluminum one (I guess not for free, sure). Maybe you can ask them directly.
- Canyon to launch Endurace AL for 20151 year 1 week agoLove the look of the geo on
Love the look of the geo on the Endurance AL. That, with the meteor grey colour and the bonus of the one one eight fork meaning I can just swap all my stuff over.
Mmm, I wonder if they are planning on a disc version though as I can't see me buying a rim-brake bike from now on.
- End of an era as Jens Voigt lines up for last race1 year 1 week agoI'd definitely buy his
I'd definitely buy his memoirs!
- GPS speed vs. speed sensor speed1 year 1 week agoIt's all Глобальная
It's all Глобальная навигационная спутниковая система to me
- Velothon Wales closed road sportive + UCI road race coming to Cardiff in 20151 year 1 week agoI hope so, I reckon he could
I hope so, I reckon he could teach me new swear words.
- Canyon to launch Endurace AL for 20151 year 1 week agoThe 2015 Ultimate CF SL also
The 2015 Ultimate CF SL also now has Canyon's own bars and stem, but keeps the VCLS seatpost. Thankfully the CF SLX still has the Ritchey stuff...
- New road.cc kit on sale now!1 year 1 week agook, so where's the size guide
ok, so where's the size guide ... ????
- Genesis enters carbon-fibre market with Zero + video1 year 1 week agoPaint weighs, and some
Paint weighs, and some colours weigh more than others. Up to 150g on a frame, is the figure I think I read somewhere. But also, it will add a degree of protection.
But if your design remit is to produce a light bike, then the fact is that less paint = better.
Hence a lot of black bikes out there.
- GPS speed vs. speed sensor speed1 year 1 week agoAs others have said, GPS is
As others have said, GPS is sufficient for speed data on its own but pairing with a speed sensor will smooth data when the device's view of the sky is obscured (as by trees, tall buildings, etc.).
The difference may be minimal but I have noticed it occasionally so pair my Garmin Edge 510 with a wireless Ant+ speed sensor.
DC Rainmaker discusses it in his review of Garmin's new speed sensor.
Here’s the order of precedence for Garmin units on the speed sensor:
1. Power meter sending torque and speed (e.g. PowerTap). In this case wheel speed is needed to compute power.
2. Speed sensor
Note that unlike running footpod’s, there is no method to change which sensor (or GPS) to use on a Garmin unit for cycling speed.
So would I recommend the speed sensor from a data standpoint? For most riders, they realistically won’t likely even notice the noise. Ultimately it’s giving you the basically same speed (albeit with a bit of noise that’s barely noticeable), and it’s giving you basically the same distance. But really for most folks would use GPS outside anyway, so it’s really just indoor training where you might be using some sort of app that utilizes speed.
- Just in: Obsydian Invictus frameset1 year 1 week agoHey Toothache,
We have partnered with Velocite to do our manufacturing and first round of QC in Taiwan.
It was from consulting with them and other companies that we chose to partner with them, and followed suit with the manufacturing techniques that they employ, hence the similarity in materials used etc.
Our frames are hand painted here in the UK, if you are interested in any specific colours get in touch, as we can offer a colour match scheme
- End of an era as Jens Voigt lines up for last race1 year 1 week agoIs he writing a book? I
Is he writing a book? I reckon he'd be a great writer. Having that depth of experience and knowledge with clearly some interesting opinions, some of which I think he's held back..... It would also be funny.
He's a fantastic fellow. It will be sad not to see him.
- The Parable of the Hill1 year 1 week agothe only positive aspect
the only positive aspect about the ascent to the lecht (pictured) is the foreknowledge that the descent on the other side is utterly worth it.
- WeCycle app aims to provide planners with useful cycling data - for free1 year 1 week agoOnly works if a person has
Only works if a person has the app and has a Iphone so rather pointless.
Strava is not much better either as a way to do cycle roots. Can't councils and planners just use there heads
- Velothon Wales closed road sportive + UCI road race coming to Cardiff in 20151 year 1 week agoIs Tom coming back?
Is Tom coming back?
- New Forest abandons rural 'Boris Bike' scheme1 year 1 week agoSo they are happy to give up
So they are happy to give up the scheme but not the money, strange [Not]!
- Canyon to launch Endurace AL for 20151 year 1 week agoConsidering the spec and
Considering the spec and pricing, I'd assume the new Endurace AL will entirely replace the Roadlite in the lineup.
- GPS speed vs. speed sensor speed1 year 1 week agoI seriously considered the
I seriously considered the Bryton Rider 60, but no GLONASS support
- Gore Bike Wear Xenon Race bib shorts1 year 1 week agoXenon Man Seat Insert
Xenon Man Seat Insert
God damn, that is almost as manly as Jesse Ventura ON DA CHOPPA
- Genesis enters carbon-fibre market with Zero + video1 year 1 week agofukawitribe wrote:I just findfukawitribe wrote:
I just find it weird that it's become really fashionable to slate any mainly black bike, even when it might suit it and/or it's available in other colourways. Hey ho, each to their own.
(my soon-to-arrive new bike is mainly black heehee)
- GPS speed vs. speed sensor speed1 year 1 week agogiobox wrote:Crosshairgiobox wrote:Crosshair wrote:
Rich- just pair the speed sensor and it starts using it. Switch on with no speed sensor and it defaults to gps. At least that's my understanding of how it works based on not reading the instructions (edge 800)
The other day, my speed sensor broke and it read 0mph until I switched off and on again so I could continue the ride using gps.
I think Crosshair is right, from what I remember the Edge computers do this automatically. Kind of makes sense- little point in using the GPS if the sensor is present.
The Bryton i'm using does it as well - I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the way it's normally done on GPS head units in general, as you say it makes sense.
- Genesis Croix De Fer 56cm. Collection only, can provide more photos.1 year 1 week agoCould you post it bud?
Could you post it bud?
- New Forest abandons rural 'Boris Bike' scheme1 year 1 week agoAgreed, really cannot make
Agreed, really cannot make sense of this decision at all.
I'm going to keep riding there, mind. Don't want the weekend locals to think they can always get their way.
- New Forest abandons rural 'Boris Bike' scheme1 year 1 week agoBasically, the moneyed second
Basically, the moneyed second home/retirement place people are f-ing over the locals who are dependent on tourism. Though I'm sure some of the locals are swivel-eyed loons as well, they mostly welcome tourists.
At some point, they'll get a clue and get active, but cyclists will likely have moved on long before then...
- Genesis enters carbon-fibre market with Zero + video1 year 1 week agotruffy wrote:A lot of bikestruffy wrote:
A lot of bikes come in black, or mainly black. It /is/ boring, but at least there's the fun of pointing it out.
It's like men's shoes in the outdoor catalogues, every shade of dull you could imagine. A bright colour? Sorry sir, we've sold out of your size, but we have several beige and taupe left.
Oh I agree - if there's only black to choose... and there's too much of it in general IMO. I just find it weird that it's become really fashionable to slate any mainly black bike, even when it might suit it and/or it's available in other colourways. Hey ho, each to their own.