- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours agoCrisp morning commutes and
Crisp morning commutes and being able to watch the sunrise over the sky line, obviously when the weather permits and its not teaming down with rain.
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours agoCycling in autumn and spring
Cycling in autumn and spring is great because you dont overheat in the same way you do in the summer
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours agoLove the colder weather and
Love the colder weather and riding hard to avoid the incoming rain
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours agoThe comfort of not needing to
The comfort of not needing to worry about overheating.
Or being dry.
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours agoCool, crisp mornings and the
Cool, crisp mornings and the knowledge that birthday and Christmas are coming up and new kit is on the wish lists
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours agoNot sweating like a maniac at
Not sweating like a maniac at the end of a ride is pretty nice
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 22 hours ago...because it proves my
...because it proves my theory 'there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad kit'.
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 23 hours agoThere is something magical on
There is something magical on a crisp Autumn morning riding down a quiet lane, with weak sun on your back; leaves of every shade from yellow through crimson to purple waiting to cascade down to swell the ever growing multi-coloured carpet. The crunch of your tyres zipping through the swathes of wind strewn leaves.
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 23 hours agoThe best thing about riding
The best thing about riding in the autumn is the long shadows through the trees near sunset...
...followed by a sneaky post-ride pint with your mates.
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 23 hours agoAutumn, not quite as cold as
Autumn, not quite as cold as Winter. That's about it.
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 23 hours agoSmells like autumn. Haven't
Smells like autumn. Haven't entered a Schwag in ages; count me in...
- We have a winner for the Vulpine autumn clothing bundle worth over £5001 year 23 hours agoyes please
- Chris Boardman calls for free bikes on the NHS1 year 23 hours agoCavmem1 - Don't your taxes
Cavmem1 - Don't your taxes already help to pay for the cycle to work scheme? Why not VAT free bikes 'on prescription' - it won't cost the NHS anything. Why not VAT free bikes for the over 65s, the obese, those with type2 diabetes, heart disease (etc. etc.)?
- Chris Boardman calls for free bikes on the NHS1 year 23 hours agoGuys I understand the ticking
Guys I understand the ticking time bomb thing and that the bikes side may be cheaper in the long run than later treatment but why should this responsibility fall onto tax payers. The next stage will be to buy smokers games consoles to distract them from smoking. There has to be a line.
- Chris Boardman calls for free bikes on the NHS1 year 23 hours agoThe saving made would far
The saving made would far outweigh the initial cost and I also agree with the sentiment make cycling so easy and so safe as to benefit society
- What we did on our holiday*1 year 23 hours agoHow are the drivers out
How are the drivers out there?
- Video: magpie repeatedly attacks Aussie cyclist1 year 23 hours agoSome of those birds are
Some of those birds are persistent indeed, but I found myself staring at the smoothness of the road surface, totally mesmerised...
- BB30 life. Lbs spinning a yarn or not?1 year 23 hours agogiobox wrote:pablo wrote:Overgiobox wrote:pablo wrote:
Over 3000 miles on mine now with no issues although the bikes due an end of season service so i will check when the chains off. Had a squeak but that turned out to be cleats.
Anyone seen a trend around which manufactures/bikes suffer most?
Aluminium Cannondales seem especially prone to BB30 creaks. Appreciate this is a limited sample size, but of the 8 people I can think of with an alloy BB30 Cannondale bike, all of them have struggled with the creak at some point. I haven't heard of the issue on the Carbon Supersix/Synapses nearly as much.
My CAAD8 got to 2500km and didn't creak from the BB once.
The Boardman is PF30 and creaks all the b'stard time.
- TfL rebuffs cyclist over safety fears about red light jumping drivers at Bow Roundabout1 year 23 hours agoI too see dangerous and
I too see dangerous and illegal driving everyday, and the junction I see it most often at is Bow Roundabout, which I cycle through at least four days a week. Come cycle it with me Denzzz28 and you will retract your ignorant comments. Luke Redpath is right. Cars speed through red lights from the right, forcing me to slow down or stop. Since I have only a couple of seconds head start on the vehicles behind me, this means I'm in danger of being hit by those wanting to turn left. TFL may shortly be able to list me as one of the stats they need before they'll take any action on well-founded observations by cyclists like Luke.
- Sarto launches revamped Lampo aero road bike for 20151 year 23 hours agoLooks awesome but sounds
Looks awesome but sounds expensive!
- Updated: Astana's UCI licence at risk as it pulls out of Tour of Beijing after Iglinskiy EPO positives1 year 23 hours agoThe MPCC should change one of
The MPCC should change one of their 'C's from Credible to Cynical.
- Race Preperation1 year 23 hours agoYou've been to races right?
You've been to races right? You've seen how little room is given to riders vehicles and warm up areas....but you would have everyone tow a trailer with them aswell?
Unless you get to a high level, the need for long warms ups isn't really there, to race a 40 minute crit or CX race, all you need is a quick spin on the rollers...
- Be One Raw 56cm F/F & headset - Raleigh CX bike 56cm1 year 23 hours agoCross bike went in 30
Cross bike went in 30 seconds!!! F&F price dropped to £375 but having been out on it yesterday I'm tempted to just keep it..
- Chris Boardman calls for free bikes on the NHS1 year 1 day agoThis would help the staff be
This would help the staff be less overstretched if a policy of prevention was put in place, rather than the reactive treatment we have now.
- Chris Boardman calls for free bikes on the NHS1 year 1 day agoBikes are considerably
Bikes are considerably cheaper than the drugs and the treatment that the NHS has to provide to obese people.
Overall cost of obesity to the NHS is around £4bn, estimated to rise next year to over £6bn.
Bariatric surgery alone costs £32 million pa. Diabetes treatment costs around £700 million pa. There is the increase in knee and hip surgery, provision of mobility scooters and the every increasing number of prescriptions for high blood pressure.
The wider cost to the UK economy is around £27bn (Foresight Report).
Not to mention the 30,000 people that die prematurely each year of obesity-related conditions.
Bikes are one thing, decent infrastructure is another. We need both.