- 20mph limit in residential streets could roll out across Scotland following successful Edinburgh trial1 year 5 weeks agowhat is the normal speed
what is the normal speed limit in the UK on residential streets? In the states it is 25mph but I don't think it is very well followed to say the least
- Lance Armstrong settles £1 million Sunday Times lawsuit1 year 5 weeks agoYou have to hate Lance more
You have to hate Lance more for "How" he did it rather than what he did. How can you sit in a courtroom and sue someone for Libel knowing that they told the truth?
- Surrey launches Drive Smart campaign as cyclist casualties rise dramatically1 year 5 weeks ago"...a spike on the steering
"...a spike on the steering wheel..."
I saw a Harley Davidson parked up in B&Q the other day [each to his own]. I couldn't quite believe one particular feature. Pride of place atop each front fork tube was a stainless-steel cone-shaped cap. These,...let's call them what they were... spikes, were raked to the rear (i.e. so they pointed at the rider's face) and just looked to be perfectly designed and positioned to do some real damage to the rider's nether regions should he be unlucky enough to T-bone a SMIDSY.
Just thinking about it made me wince.
I mean...why would you?
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoIf it had been a bigger group
If it had been a bigger group up the road I would have agreed that it'd be hard to pull back but with a decent climb at the end of the stage I'd bet on the peloton pulling anything up to 15mins back.
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoPhilip Unwin wrote:Now 13kPhilip Unwin wrote:
Now 13k with 75k left
that's 13mins (not k) of course
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoNow 13k with 75k left
Now 13k with 75k left
- Vuelta - Stage 21 year 5 weeks agoYes, I'm an idiot. Ignore
Yes, I'm an idiot. Ignore this thread.
- Cyclist has £2,000 bike stolen moments after being hit by car1 year 5 weeks agoStrewth, riding a 140mm
Strewth, riding a 140mm travel hardtail for your commute surprised he could see over the stem. They only cost £1100 he must have had one hell of a lot of Upgrades on it, hope he's got receipts
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoSprint 1
Gap 12.30 at 95k remaining
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoCat.3
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoGap at 11 mins with 110k to
Gap at 11 mins with 110k to go.
Could be difficult to pull back.
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoOnly one change, got rid of
Only one change, got rid of EBH and replaced him with Majka
Sergio Luis Henao Montoya
- Organisers of Wiggle sportive criticised for not telling locals about event1 year 5 weeks agoJust a load of Nimby's
Just a load of Nimby's
- Dame Kelly Holmes urges MPs to get on their bikes ahead of Get Britain Cycling debate1 year 5 weeks agoDon't some manufacturers
Don't some manufacturers still have rider weight limits though?
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoLead over 9 mins at the base
Lead over 9 mins at the base of the cat.3
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks ago8 mins after 38k
8 mins after 38k
Fernandez (GRS) DNS
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks ago6.36 after 33k
6.36 after 33k
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks ago3 man breakaway
3 man breakaway
Francisco Javier Aramendia
over 2 mins out
- Surrey launches Drive Smart campaign as cyclist casualties rise dramatically1 year 5 weeks agoNice to see some suggestions
Nice to see some suggestions that don't involve educating or training cyclists. I agree with the second point about road surfaces. I don't need bike training - the only weaving I do is to avoid holes.
It would be better if they just called it 'Drive Slow' though. Speed is the real issue - especially on country lanes and slower is smarter.
I've just spent a week riding tiny twisty lanes in Wales and it was much safer than I imagined it to be as drivers can only see 50 yards ahead and have to use passing places. They were being so careful they were slowing me up. The trick is to get that level of caution back on other roads. I favour no safety belts and a spike on the steering wheel in 20mph areas.
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks agoHoping Betancur is out of
Hoping Betancur is out of sorts as predicted.
- Road rage bus driver faces jail for swerving in to cyclist1 year 5 weeks ago37monkey wrote:overshoot37monkey wrote:overshoot wrote:
GBH? Attempted murder would fit too. Lets imagine the bus, i.e. the weapon in this case, was a gun. A warning shot was fired, but missed and hit the victim. GBH or attempted murder?
A bus is a means of transport, a gun is a weapon I can't see how you can draw realistic parallels between the two? A custodial sentence for GBH would seem a fitting punishment.
both are tools of different occupations however the bus has clearly been used as a weapon therefore making it comparable to a gun.
- Vuelta Stage 2: Pontevedra - Baiona. Alto Do Monte Da Groba1 year 5 weeks ago2 changes for me, got some
2 changes for me, got some ground to make up already
Tiralongo 4 Kangert
Bart De Clercq
Horner 4 Spartacus
Considered majka and Ulissi but wanna see what form they have if any?
- Sir Bradley Wiggins: Cycle helmets should be compulsory, and iPods banned while riding bike1 year 5 weeks agoMy five pieces of common
My five pieces of common sense:
Helmets prevent more damage than they cause.
Using headphones on a bike is dangerous and should be banned.
Helmet's should not be compulsory
Driver liability should be made law here as it is abroad
Cyclists should be banned from undertaking lorries at traffic lights. Go around the outside or wait your turn.
Pretty simple stuff.
- 20mph limit in residential streets could roll out across Scotland following successful Edinburgh trial1 year 5 weeks agoYes Critchio is right. Reduce
Yes Critchio is right. Reduce the limit and any speed reduction is a bonus. The police state it's pretty clear that 30mph is the threshold of what they call the 'cartwheel effect' where a light person - such as a child - will travel over the roof and hit the road behind the car. It's why collisions over 30mph result in so much death compare with under.
Billy man. I live in Sefton. They're a shambles. They're still not taking cycling seriously. We should talk and see what we can do to help. As far as I know Sefton are still 'testing' a few roads for 20mph - which makes no difference. I'm also working to get Peel and both councils to complete a safe route from the coastal path at Waterloo to the Puerhead so any input welcome.
- USA Pro - stage 61 year 5 weeks agoI thought it was going to be
I thought it was going to be a sprint but decided to go Gallopin (mistake) rather than Mezgec.
Got my safe points + 3 sprinters for tonight....im coming for you too JAndrewhill
Although a Gallopin top 3 is required by my purist team