- Bigger field for 2015 RideLondon 100 to make it Europe's biggest sportive1 year 1 week agoUsername wrote:Quote:TheUsername wrote:Quote:
The entry fee for the ride for 2015 and 2016 has been increased to £58.00 for UK participants.
How much is it for overseas participants? I couldn't find the answer on their site.
£85 I think, or something close to it.
- La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 year 1 week agoRodriguez, Mas, Arroyo.
Rodriguez, Mas, Arroyo.
- Cool reception for "hugely complicated" London segregated roundabout plan1 year 1 week agozanf wrote:Why mix trafficzanf wrote:
Why mix traffic lights with roundabouts: have either but mixing them is an instant cause of confusion.
To be fair, there are stacks of roundabouts (and gyratories/one way systems which work on the same principle - stay right to keep going round, left to come off) with traffic lights on them, especially in London. There are two on my commute. No-one seems to have a problem with the concept of two road features at once. As said above, with appropriate masks on the lights, this could work perfectly safely.
If nothing else, it's a step in the right direction simply because they've thought about specific cycle provision beyond some paint on the road. Even if they get it wrong, it starts the process of education.
- Quiz: which cycling brand are you?1 year 1 week agoCraft mmm I tend to favour
Craft mmm I tend to favour casteli
- La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 year 1 week agoBy the way, search 'ESP' to
By the way, search 'ESP' to find Spanish riders.
I don't actually think this team will win, but I'm interested to see how they do:
Pardilla, S. Sanchez, Txurruka.
- Jersey & Bib Shorts - Matching or not?!?1 year 1 week agomiddleagedmoaner wrote:I havemiddleagedmoaner wrote:
I have a magic Help for Heroes jersey that protects me from harm when I'm out. ...
Love it. They really mess with black cab drivers' heads
- Quiz: which cycling brand are you?1 year 1 week agoMercuryOne wrote:My oldestMercuryOne wrote:
My oldest top is from 2007, has been washed 200 times and my wife asked in January if it was new?
You mean she'd forgotten that she'd washed it 200 times?
- Find Me Fast app calls for help if you crash1 year 1 week agoI've spotted a free Android
I've spotted a free Android app called Road ID which appears to have a similar functionality. Unfortunately it won't install on my phone, but I had a look on the tablet and it appears legit, if not quite finished yet.
Another app, Ride ID, is limited to a lockscreen display, without automatic call/text/email functionality. Useful but can be replicated by carrying ID or an information card.
Using a crash reporting app seems like a no-brainer to me, so if I can't find a decent one I may just have to code my own.
- USA Bro Challenge. Stage Four.1 year 1 week agoBrought in Tvetcov and
Brought in Tvetcov and Huzarski today. Not expecting much
- USA Bro Challenge. Stage Four.1 year 1 week agoWell Jens has attacked! See
Well Jens has attacked! See how he gets on!
Be good if he can get a stage!
- Find Me Fast app calls for help if you crash1 year 1 week agoThere's a similar app I've
There's a similar app I've downloaded called Road ID which is free.
You choose the length of the ride and can send a message out to up to 5 people beforehand and they can then track your ride, as well as receive stationary alerts.
The Road ID stationary time is 5 minutes, after which the app starts a 60 second countdown before sending out the alerts.
Maybe worth a look as I know firsthand it's definitely on Android (not sure about iPhone)!
- Quiz: which cycling brand are you?1 year 1 week agoCastelli for me, though in
Castelli for me, though in real life I own none. Pearl Izumi, Craft and Madison for value.
- Gore Bike Wear Xenon Race bib shorts1 year 1 week agoDo unsponsored people really
Do unsponsored people really pay £180 for a pair of shorts?
- Bigger field for 2015 RideLondon 100 to make it Europe's biggest sportive1 year 1 week agoandyp wrote:£58 for a 160kmandyp wrote:
£58 for a 160km ride.
£5 for a 400km ride.
Seems like an easy one.
Hope I get a ballot place this year...
- Ride 1,000km in Campagnolo’s Grande Giro Challenge on Strava1 year 1 week agoI do over that every month
I do over that every month just commuting to work and back. Doesn't seem too much of a challenge more a hassle with recording it all. Pff
- Lance Armstrong says despite fallout from doping ban, “day to day life is positive”1 year 1 week agoHe was right about the
He was right about the comments...
- Cycling to work really does make you thinner study confirms1 year 1 week agoThis is great news.
This is great news.
Now we've established cycling makes you thinner (I suspected this for some time), we just have to await confirmation that eating too much food makes you fat.
Once that happens, if we can get some government commission to join the dots, perhaps cycling infrastructure will be upgraded....maybe.
- rims with a 2:1 spoke ratio?1 year 1 week agoWas the original lacing
Was the original lacing radial non drive and 2 cross drive side? Does the hub have regular flanges or are they a proprietory configuration?
- Vinokourov and Kolobnev may face criminal charges over alleged Liège-Bastogne-Liège bribe1 year 1 week agomattsccm wrote:Just where ismattsccm wrote:
Just where is the problem? Riders have been buying races like this for at least a century. You scratch my back etc. It's commercial business not a school sports day.
I assume that all those who disagree will also have a go at the sacred Tom Simpson who wasn't beyond this trick. There is a photo of him braking in a sprint for the line.
I'd agree, but as Blackhound noted this is an exceptional amount of money. Agreements made on the road seem to usually consist of a return of the favour or a split of prize money; this doesn't add up in this case as the prize money for L-B-L was about €20k. If the payment was related to contracts or similar then, in any business, that is likely breaking some law? That seems to be the problem...
- Nerve 600SL frameset1 year 1 week agoA good read, seems like a
A good read, seems like a nice bike. However, there are so many bikes that are reviewed as good/4.5,stars. How to distinguish between them.
Perhaps we should have a top 10.
- Quiz: which cycling brand are you?1 year 1 week agoVulpine! I'm more of a Rapha
Vulpine! I'm more of a Rapha come Castelli kind of guy though.
- Denbies Duels elimination hill climb 20141 year 1 week agoHi, the course is actually
Hi, the course is actually within the Denbies estate. Its the route their tour 'train' takes. Starts on the straight cement 'road' just beyond the B&B to the left and behind the main Denbies building. The road then bends round to the right into the trees (its smooth tarmac by now) then tight round to the left and then follows the line of the hill. The finish is approx 25 metres before the penultimate set of gates on the hill (just before the 'S bends' under the trees at the top). Distance is about same as Box Hill Zig Zag...so that would be your nearest comparison!
- CrankPump on KickStarter1 year 1 week agoThats really neat. Its a
Thats really neat. Its a good partial solution but still need a tube and possibly a multi tool along for the ride as ratfink says so in some ways is solving a problem that doesn't exist. Good luck though. The TyreZips are good on their own as well
- Find Me Fast app calls for help if you crash1 year 1 week agoI'd like to see an Android
I'd like to see an Android version of this app. But no mention in the article as to whether the developer has any plans to develop it.
- Rapha Super Lightweight Jersey1 year 1 week agoThe wife has one and she
The wife has one and she loves it. I have the Castelli climbers jersey (good in its own way), but this is way cooler (looking).