- Other Fantasy Cycling competitions - did you win anything?1 year 22 weeks agoGot a Garmin 800 from
Got a Garmin 800 from Halfords last year ... tougher to win this year though!
- Auto Express claims three in four cyclists "break road rules"1 year 22 weeks agoThe new 'Cyclist' magazine is
The new 'Cyclist' magazine is currently running a subscription page that exhorts you to "See inside Auto Express". Oops.
- Tenn Outdoors Sprint S/S Cycling Jersey1 year 22 weeks agoWhat's the material like?
What's the material like? When I've looked at these before it's a standard polyester or it's a much looser knit than higher value kit - you can often see the square pattern in the material. Would be surprised if it's this good as it's an entry level Jersey!
- London100 Sportive1 year 22 weeks agoThere aren't 75,000 places -
There aren't 75,000 places - there are 20,000. Once the applications hit 75,000 the organisers will close entries. Not too sure what the criteria are for deciding who gets a place and who doesn't though!
My wife and I have entered, don't find out until February though if you've got in.
- Tony Martin...1 year 22 weeks agoFollowed a motorbike the
Followed a motorbike the wrong way according to the ITV coverage.
- Other Fantasy Cycling competitions - did you win anything?1 year 22 weeks agoNever won anything from
Never won anything from fantasy games. Won a book from Schwag here though.
A Contour Roam from Contour's facebook
Thats it. I've played Halfords, Velogames, RCUK and a few others but I can't remember them
- Auto Express claims three in four cyclists "break road rules"1 year 22 weeks agoHow many of those cyclists
How many of those cyclists "mounting the pavement" were 2-foot detours to get past white vans* that had deliberately pulled right over to the left into cycle lanes to stop cyclists getting past?
*or addison vermin/black cabs
- Vuelta scores are all wrong1 year 22 weeks agoThe Vuelta organisers messed
The Vuelta organisers messed up. They were very lucky Movistar managed to get the fastest time right at the end, otherwise they would've had a bit of explaining to do to some unhappy Dutch riders...
- Devon Cycling Routes - Advice Needed1 year 22 weeks agoDown 'ere we get quite
Down 'ere we get quite competitive with our Strava segments, you might even be able to plan a whole roue without ever leaving "segmented" territory! If you need anything there is a great roadie shop in Bideford, along the road next to the Post Office, worth a drop in! Make sure youo bring climbing legs, you can't get anywhere without going uphill!
- Vuelta Stage 1: Movistar take team time trial in Pamplona, but it's tight at the top1 year 22 weeks agoSO Rabobank DID come second
SO Rabobank DID come second then
- Auto Express claims three in four cyclists "break road rules"1 year 22 weeks agoJust posted a comment - not
Just posted a comment - not that it really matters or that any of the idiots at Auto Express will take note.
- And we're LIVE, Vuelta time1 year 22 weeks agoThis is my Purist
This is my Purist team.
- Vuelta scores are all wrong1 year 22 weeks agoLook at Road.cc's report
Look at Road.cc's report aswell
- Cyclist spends night in cells for riding in no-bike zone1 year 22 weeks agoYep, stupid bit of
Yep, stupid bit of policework. I remember taking a short cut years ago across the no-cycling bit of Hyde Park rather than go the long way round the cycle path. I was following another cyclist on a road bike. Two cops popped out and shouted at us and told us to get off the bikes and walk. There was no-one else around so it was pointless. That same week I rode my motorbike up Park Lane and 45mph in the middle lane while being overtaken on the inside and outside lanes by other vehicles going faster. I admit I was speeding in a 30mph limit (I was young), and the others were speeding even more, and no-one gave a toss.
The police do have to be very careful with these utterly pointless acts of petty bureaucacy. It helps no-one, and themselves included.
- Vuelta scores are all wrong1 year 22 weeks agoI have emailed them to find
I have emailed them to find out why it does not correspond to the results on their own site
- Oversocks? In August? Surely some mistake1 year 22 weeks agoThat EMX-3 looks very nice
That EMX-3 looks very nice
How'd it ride?
Back to packing strange things all year round, I always pack a set of DHB Arm warmers whenever i go out on my bike, even if its a scorching hot day. You never know!
- Five KSIs in three weeks in Kent raise serious safety concerns1 year 22 weeks agoI personally think that speed
I personally think that speed limits everywhere but motorways and dual carriageways need to be reduced! It should also be mandatory that in all new cars a gps device of somekind needs to be fitted to reduce speed without any input from the driver, that way they will have to slow down, they have the technology to do it, so why dont they! It might cost more, but you cant really put a price on someones life can you?
- WD40 Multi Use1 year 22 weeks agoWD40 isn't corrosive to
WD40 isn't corrosive to paintwork. However, the solvent properties can dissolve, or at least soften polymer waxes. Similarly, there are so many different kinds/compositions of rubberised components-hence a note of caution.
- Vuelta scores are all wrong1 year 22 weeks agoHave a look for
Have a look for yourself
Click on finish line.
Also, did you watch it live. When Rabo came in OPQS were moved from the leaders seats and Rabo sat there till Movistar came home faster
- Vuelta scores are all wrong1 year 22 weeks agoHi Gkam, I see your points
Hi Gkam, I see your points here, but:
1) There's no score for last man home on this stage.
2) Looking at the stage standings on the official Vuelta site it lists Omega Pharma - Quickstep as the second team home on the 'Team' and 'Individual' standings. I know that the Time Trial finish line standings say otherwise but we're sticking with the main standings. If they change it then so will we.
- Vuelta scores are all wrong1 year 22 weeks agoHowever that cant be the
However that cant be the case, as all the OPQ riders are above the rabo riders on the GC
- And we're LIVE, Vuelta time1 year 22 weeks agoThen I forgot. TTT don't get
Then I forgot. TTT don't get 10 points for last man home
- Five KSIs in three weeks in Kent raise serious safety concerns1 year 22 weeks ago.
- Five KSIs in three weeks in Kent raise serious safety concerns1 year 22 weeks agoIt could have been avoided by
It could have been avoided by there not being a collision. Please don't blame the victim for choosing to use the road. I really like cycle tracks but nearly all of them are unsuitable for riding at speed or with cargo, and some are unsuitable for all but the slowest users.
- Auto Express claims three in four cyclists "break road rules"1 year 22 weeks agothelimopit wrote:I encouragethelimopit wrote:
I encourage everyone who's reading this to take it up with the PCC - it's a completely unfair article that misrepresents cyclists.
And how does one take things up with the PCC? pcc.org.uk/complaints/makingacomplaint.html or is there a better way?