- Barclays teams up with Sportsdirect.com for national cycle helmet promotion1 year 7 weeks agoThe quote:
The bank says it
The bank says it “wants to encourage more cyclists to consider wearing a helmet,” and adds that with more people cycling, whether for leisure or commuting, it wants “to make it as affordable and easy as possible for all cyclists to access a helmet, should they wish to wear one.”
I like the wording, it doesn't mention they should or its safer or it will save your life.
But it should still be down to personal choice.
- Cassette help please!1 year 7 weeks agodreamlx10 wrote:Quote:And Idreamlx10 wrote:Quote:
And I guess you think ppl shouldn't ride triples either?
Advice, don't be an elitist prick all your life
Nothing wrong with triples, I didn't mention them, you just asumed that I have something against them. Thanks for the "prick" comment, I don't remember insulting you or anyone else for that matter.
Not insulting? You told someone to either lose a lot of weight , get fitter and basicly he should only ride gears that you deem correct on a road bike without any real advice .
So yes my comment still stands from my perspective , perhaps it may help you think before typing in future
- Venting frustration1 year 7 weeks agoProblem is there is too many
Problem is there is too many motorists out there with anger issues to risk swearing at or whatever. As was proven in several posts recently. I usually resort to a didainful shake of the head though if they didn't see me they are highly unlikely to see me in the rear view mirror. Then indulge in a few sprints to shift the anger. On a very rare occasion has the motorist responded positively to my shout in the paSt.
Another tactic I employ is when entering a traffic calming obstacle I drift into the middle and drop my outside arm to a 45* angle and waggle my fingure in a disproving manner if the vehicle behind is trying to squeeze through. The track stare is equally useful and intimidating. Especially when wearing mirrored lenses. A bit like arnie in the terminator
- Barclays teams up with Sportsdirect.com for national cycle helmet promotion1 year 7 weeks agoThe economics of this are all
The economics of this are all wrong. Barclays get some goodwill but won't be subsidising the 10% I suspect, Sports Direct get more people going into their shops...except they won't get many for a mere 10% discount. If they were serious it would be more like 40% off, as it is all it will achieve will be the forthcoming comments below about the pros and cons of head protection.
- Barclays teams up with Sportsdirect.com for national cycle helmet promotion1 year 7 weeks agoWithout going over old ground
Without going over old ground or whether to wear or not and NOT trying to sound like a snob, looking at both their sites, Sports Direct and http://www.bigbikechain.com/
I wouldn't really use any of these brands for a helmet, apart from maybe No Fear
Cosmic Dunlop MFX A Pure Muddyfox Nerf Silverfox Spiderman Universal Airwalk BigFoot Disney No Fear Raleigh
Maybe this one..... http://www.sportsdirect.com/no-fear-skate-helmet-752036?colcode=75203606
- Is it considered naff to wear roadcc kit?1 year 7 weeks agoI don't think wearing road.cc
I don't think wearing road.cc kit is naff at all, in the same way that it's fine to wear club kit. If you don't want it, send it my way!
- Anyone seen Trikeman?1 year 7 weeks agoDoh!
Hadn't even crossed my tiny mind.
- Why is it considered wanky to wear sky kit1 year 7 weeks email@example.com@msn.com wrote:Ghedebrav wrote:
Oh, and as for the whole 'you can't wear the yellow/pink/rainbow/etc. unless you've actually won it' - seriously, get a grip. It's clothes.
(Though personally I'd want to be pretty secure in my climbing abilities before donning the polka dots )
I have a polka dot jersey which my wife bought me for our anniversary last year. As I weigh in excess of 90kg, and am as far removed from a climber as you can get, I like to wear it in an ironic way and hope other people see the humour. If not, I couldn't care less! Plus it's a really nice, comfortable jersey...
And more power to your elbow, sir!
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 7 weeks agoRest day 2 score
Rest day 2 score update:
Alan Tullett 487
Dave Atkinson 471
STEVESPRO 79 465
spin cycle 368
ray silvester 344
Philip Unwin 191
- Anyone seen Trikeman?1 year 7 weeks agoTried PMing him?
Tried PMing him?
- Any good Aluminium TT bikes?1 year 7 weeks agoI have a Ridley Cheetah which
I have a Ridley Cheetah which is aluminium frame and carbon aero forks. Mine is the 2010 model which came with carbon 50mm wheels and thanks to the bike shop being keen to offload it before the 2011 bikes came out I got a set of USE Tula carbon bars as well. Cracking bike and very light. Not sure if they still make them and I know the 2011 model didn't come with carbon wheels. There are some good alu framed TT bikes around but I have to say for vfm the planet-x bikes are hard to beat
- Break chasing1 year 7 weeks agoYeah, you need one very high
Yeah, you need one very high scoring break rider (Visconti scored 73 on Sunday) plus all the GC guys scoring 30-50 points in order to take a stage win at this point in the race.
That said, the possible sprint stages (17/21) and the TT (18) won't have as high break points so if you're crap at picking breakaway riders those are probably the ones to focus on.
- Barclays teams up with Sportsdirect.com for national cycle helmet promotion1 year 7 weeks agoAnd remember the rules guys.
And remember the rules guys. Play nice.
- Break chasing1 year 7 weeks agoIt means, this will keep
It means, this will keep enrique happy.....lol
But there are a couple there you could count on being in another break. The only way you are going to win a stage is having all the GC guys and then someone cheap that mops up all the points in the break
- Barclays teams up with Sportsdirect.com for national cycle helmet promotion1 year 7 weeks agoHere we go.......
Here we go.......
- Break chasing1 year 7 weeks agoHmm, does that mean those are
Hmm, does that mean those are good picks or you'd be better off picking someone who hasn't scored anything yet?
- FS Carrera TdF (barely used) size M (now with pic)1 year 7 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Can you typeGkam84 wrote:
Can you type like you don't speak English very well??
Take a picture of it beside your new stead and try to make out you are a pro who's selling it on behalf of a friend.....lol
Great idea. I'm on to it lol
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 7 weeks agoIm sceptical about this
Im sceptical about this case
Has a cyclist come forward and reported a hit and run in the area?
On the face of it,it appears to be the usual crap spouted by kids on the internet nowadays but even so it is tantamount to inciting violence towards cyclists
Whatever the facts i hope she is prosecuted and receives a criminal record but more than likely she will just get a slap on the wrist and a caution
Most motorists are considerate as they pass though giving plenty of room,as with anything,its a small minority of scum that cause and create problems and it only takes one idiot to end a cyclists life
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 7 weeks agoLet's all hope its just some
Let's all hope its just some silly teenager acting the bollix! Although in no way do I condone this type of behaviour, if it is a 'jolly jape' on her part.
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 7 weeks agoYou are taught to carve up
You are taught to carve up cyclists nowadays! Well, in my experience that seems to be the case. More learner drivers are inclined to pass too close than not. This just seems like the next step!
- Venting frustration1 year 7 weeks agoIf someone is aggressive
If someone is aggressive towards me, honking etc, I tend to smile and wave. Meeting aggression with aggression isn't the best way to go. It's always amusing if you can get a whole group ride grinning and waving at a driver that's a bit pissed off with you! If I'm feeling brave I sometimes make the call me sign just to leave them a bit confused
- US town proposes to ban cyclists from passing through1 year 7 weeks agoThe Colorado Supreme Court
The Colorado Supreme Court has overturned Black Hawk's ban on riding bicycles on February 4, 2013. The court ruled the town can pass traffic regulations, but said they must comply with state laws that require any municipal bike prohibition provide an available alternate path within 450 feet. (RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 7 weeks ago"It appears #EmmaWay's tweet
"It appears #EmmaWay's tweet was NOT a joke. She hit an actual cyclist, from my local club! To be continued..." - https://twitter.com/RabAusten/status/336492505543610369
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 7 weeks agoI've dropped EmmaWay20 a
I've dropped EmmaWay20 a tweet just to let her know I'm a car tax payer (twice) and a cyclist too. Whether it get through all the 'twitter' traffic who knows?
- Venting frustration1 year 7 weeks agoI usually give them the
I usually give them the shaking head of despair at their driving and hope they feel shamed (if they even notice).
If I get honked/shouted at I often swear back although I try to maintain my calmness and wave.