- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks agolocalsurfer wrote:Nope. Ilocalsurfer wrote:
Nope. I think Brad is probably clean, and I think he's done great things for cycling. But we've heard all this before.
'It used be dirty, it's clean now'.
They said that after Festina fourteen years ago. Armstrong swore up and down he was clean. No-one really knows who's won what for a decade or more.
Wiggins started competing in the late 90s, early 00s. There is no way he didn't know about doping. None. He was in the Cofidis team for a start! Not exactly Christophe Basson is he?
And he said nothing. Omerta. Lot of respect for the bloke, but he should lay off the 'poor me, people suspect us all now' bollocks. He should be expecting it, and he should accept it as the price for his silence.
Everyone in the peloton for more than the last 3 or 4 years is suspect by default, because they knew, and did nothing.
Go into a bookshop, find a copy of 'My Time', turn to chapter 12 and read what Wiggins himself has to say about his career and doping including when Moreni was done and Cofidis chucked off the Tour. Wiggins was so disgusted he retreated back to the security of British Cycling, and joined Highroad the next year and then Garmin. He was something of a go-to guy for journos when it came to anti-doping in a period when no one else wanted to say talk about it.
As for your last sentence...'Everyone is suspect because they said nothing.' Maybe read a little more widely to understand the environment, how much riders on teams actually got together outside of races (answer: bugger all) - it was genuinely possible that a rider did not know that another rider on the team was doping. It wasnt all blood transfusions in front of each other and raiding each others fridges for EPO, as per USPS.
Geraint Thomas and Cav were both riding for pro teams in 2007. Are they suspect too? Apparently so according to your criteria, namely that only riders who have turned pro since 2009 are not 'suspect'. Hell, they both started the 07 Tour - doubly suspect!!
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agoI had a motorist drive his
I had a motorist drive his car at me in feb in Gateshead after some heated words when he nearly took me off. Then he actually got out of the car and tried to a swings at me then kicked my back wheel as he left, warping it badly. Despite Northumbria Police collecting CCTV footage from cameras on a bus and outside a pub, plus a witness statement from a taxi driver which all showed this, the driver got off scot-free??
I now wish I'd pursued this more, but I had the feeling I was p**sing against the wind. The particular officer involved clearly could not see the seriousness of what had happened.
Disgraceful behaviour from Wappat. It has similarities to what happened to me though despite the evidence, my assailant did not receive a £500 fine or a ban?? Actually it sounds like what happened to me was a worse encounter.
- thermal underwear1 year 14 weeks agoI wear HH longjohns over my
I wear HH longjohns over my shorts if a little nippy but go for the proper leggings if cold. Agree on the sweaty nuts thing no thank you.
- Velo: Paul Fournel1 year 14 weeks agoSomething for the Xmas list!
Something for the Xmas list!
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks agoKarbon Kev wrote:Wiggins is aKarbon Kev wrote:
Wiggins is a twat, he's right about Armstrong but he's still a twat
Insightful as ever...
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks agoYou can understand where he's
You can understand where he's coming from.
Cycling hacks seem to have a very limited range of questions to ask and the main one of course is doping. It's been the mainstay of cycling now for years, the biggest/most well known cyclist of all time has been exposed as a serial liar and cheat and to many people (who may not necessarily follow "cycling"), Lance = The Tour = Cycling
Hence the association.
Wiggins, Cav etc, have to live with the constant questions, insinuations, allegations so you can see how they get frustrated with it and how those frustrated answers, given 1000 times before, add up to make them sound like petulant schoolboys.
They're not, as always it's the media interpretation of their answers.
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks agoPlease don't let roadcc go
Please don't let roadcc go the way of the singletrack forum. Kind of feels like its going that way.
- Rapha Wind Jacket1 year 14 weeks agoi just got one of these on
i just got one of these on ebay, badly listed so £60.00 kerching!
brilliant jacket, finally a windproof that doesnt flap and slap like a tesco bag.
i it doesnt pack as small as my former jacket (mavic helium) but i wouldnt use anything else now.
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 14 weeks agoRaleigh wrote: Locke LunchRaleigh wrote:
Locke Lunch when Paul Smith came, just after I had asked my question I brought my hands down off the table but flipped my Monkfish onto my PS shirt
Monkfish! Is Jamie Oliver your school cook?
what was wrong with turkey twizzlers?
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agogiff77, report it to the bus
giff77, report it to the bus company, most busses have CCTV now and they will review the tapes if you report it to reprimand the driver.
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks agoAs a non-UKer.. Wiggins is a
As a non-UKer.. Wiggins is a legend! I love that sporting people have the guts to say what they think.
And truthfully, why wouldn't you be angry at Lance? Every cyclist has the right to be. I certainly am, and I won't ever win anything!
Wiggins is a colourful character in a colourful sport. Go Wiggo! (Just let EBH get some more chances next year, harr harr)
- Do I need a TT frame?1 year 14 weeks agoCheers Gkam - but I think
Cheers Gkam - but I think I'll keep looking for a TT specific frame for a bit. Depending on if you're looking to split I may come back to you as while I have bars and shifters I'll need some cheap brakes and levers if you end up splitting it.
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 14 weeks agoWha…? A joke?
You mean the
Wha…? A joke?
You mean the new Team Sky jerseys won't be made from Sportwool from sheep that graze on Alpe d'Huez or from Bernard Hinault's own private flock? …It all had such a ring of truth about it too
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agoGo back and cite this case as
Go back and cite this case as support for a charge and then don't hold your breath
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agogiff77 - any witnesses ? If
giff77 - any witnesses ? If not you've got no chance of getting it past the cps, we cant even get domestic assaults run if there are no witnesses .
If there were 2 + then its a runner.
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks agoBeaufort wrote:Fast becomingBeaufort wrote:
Fast becoming tired of the cycling 'experts' who seem to love despising our great champions. If you have nothing good to say then please say nothing.
Well said that man
The rest of the doom mongerers can go and ply their tirade elsewhere, muppets.
- Christmas gifts for discerning cyclists1 year 14 weeks agoLove the Morvelo T shirt,
Love the Morvelo T shirt, i've one of their Woodstock tee's and it's one of the few cycling t-shirts that has a bit of design flair about it compared to many which just have some cyclist or cycling gear slapped on it - plain lazy design if you ask me.
One thing on my list though is "Velo" by Paul Fournel, got some brilliant illustrations by Jo Burt which would be the real reason why i want it, though i'm sure Paul's writing is worthy - it's the artwork that steals the show. I'm lucky enough to have commissioned a piece of Jo's work a couple of years ago and it's a prized possession. One of those things you'd save first if your house was burning down.
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agoAs CraigS says, would this
As CraigS says, would this actually have got as far as the courts if the cyclists had not been police? I was narrowly missed by a bus the other day - inches to spare. On catching up at the bus stop and challenging him, he claimed to have given me plenty of room. That I needed my eyes tested and was a danger to myself! On reporting the incident to the police was told they couldn't do anything about it.
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agoBoth officers are friends of
Both officers are friends of mine and to say they would lie or fabricate evidence is an insult and a bloody disgrace.
Some of the earlier comments here are beyond belief and utter crap.
- Do I need a TT frame?1 year 14 weeks agoYeah a TT specific frame
Yeah a TT specific frame would be better, but if you are after a frame and bars at a decent price, can't go far wrong with this........Make me an offer on this Trek
I'll take the wheel's off because that are for single speed.
- Ebay bargain!! I hope they arrest the guy for fraud.1 year 14 weeks ago0 feedback buyer, tells me
0 feedback buyer, tells me someone took the piss back at that sale
- thermal underwear1 year 14 weeks agoOverly sweaty nut sack? No
Overly sweaty nut sack? No thanks
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 14 weeks ago--
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 14 weeks agoCan't quite see what is
Can't quite see what is careless about driving past really close and then stopping to verbally abuse the cyclists. The first act was clearly dangerous driving as he meant to do it and the second act of verbally abusing (his own words) is surely a public order offence.
About time miscreant motorists got treated as such!
- Metric Century Challenge 2012-20131 year 14 weeks ago03/11/12 - 127km, mixed road
03/11/12 - 127km, mixed road and offroad.
10/11/12 - 102.2km
17/11/12 - 104.9km
24/11/12 - 112.3km
Total points 4
Total distance 446.4km