- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoIts ok, I've dropped points
Its ok, I've dropped points on having Krupeckaite in the Keirin, best she can do is 7th
- Sir Dave Brailsford1 year 19 weeks agoAhem,
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoAh brilliant! my womens team
Ah brilliant! my womens team pursuit is last and my womens kieran didn't go!
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoYou got 3rd with NZ for the
You got 3rd with NZ for the men's pursuit
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoSo I think I got last and dnq
So I think I got last and dnq today....might be going for the stage wins now.
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks agoInteresting that the UK Sport
Interesting that the UK Sport forks all have a 1" steerer, and not the 1 1/8" or 1 1/2" we're seeing on all newer bikes. What do they know that we don't?
- Can someone please Media-train Philip Hinde!1 year 19 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:I don't know ifGkam84 wrote:
I don't know if the video will play outside of the UK, If not i'll transcribe what was said. Hoy looked to have a nervous laughing going on
From Franch Eurosport: 'Hindes avoue une tricherie' (Hindes admits to cheating) most of the other foreign sporting press I found had similar. Hoy should look nervous from the USA Bleacher Report sport site:
Olympic Cycling: Did Chris Hoy Get His Fifth Gold Medal by Cheating?
I think its sad that sporting Pendleton and Varnish who effectively said fair cop the rules are the rules get nothing because of an honest mistake and these cheats, because thats what they are, get a gold.
- Shutt club bibs1 year 19 weeks agoI really like mine. The pad
I really like mine. The pad is as comfy as shorts I have costing twice the price. The grippers are solid too. Another brit-friendly touch is they are cut higher around the waist/stomach than most, therefore keeping the heat in a little more.
I am a fan of the aftersales service from ShuttVR too. They dealt with a minor problem I had with speed and care that is above and beyond your average company.
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks agoYes, GB have introduced some
Yes, GB have introduced some new kit on the road and the track, and yes, they have in some cases pushed as hard against the rules as possible.
Worth noting though that throughout they have been involved in consultation with the UCI's technical people, including Chris Boardman and others making trips to Aigle to have equipment cleared in advance so there is no chance of being caught out on a technicality once at the Olympics.
- Poor Hugh Porter1 year 19 weeks agoNo Hugh, Judith Arndt's
No Hugh, Judith Arndt's silver medal came in TT not road race ..... he's worse than my Grandpa!!
He did correct himself eventually (probably after a nudge from CB)
- Anyone bought anything cool recently1 year 19 weeks agoDura Ace pedals .....
Dura Ace pedals ..... smoooooooooooooth
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks agoI seem to recall in old
I seem to recall in old motorbike Superbikes homologation for race use stated something like 1000 units had to be available for public purchase hence the ability to quite easily buy a Honda RC45 (if you had the cash). BC have obviously worked up to the limit of UCI rules. On Beeb yesterday in one of the technical pieces about the "Secret Squirrels" Chris B stated that since Beijing BC had shown the UCI everything during development. So no room to complain within the current rules. If they don't like what's happened all they can do is change the rules for the future.
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks agoIs that right? £3k for the
Is that right? £3k for the helmets?
Here's a quote I took down ages ago.
"They set out the rules - our job is to innovate within those rules."
That's not from cycling, it's the Speedo vice-president Sean Hastings talking about FINA, the world governing body of swimming.
The point being, whatever the sport, people are always going to push things as far as they can within the rules. In this case, that extends to making the products perhaps only technically available to the public.
Is it gamesmanship or just being smart? It's a matter of interpretation. I've no idea if UCI have an issue with what British Cycling have done but, if they do, maybe they should have written the rules right in the first place.
- Dura Ace brake weakness?1 year 19 weeks agoI know when 7900 came out
I know when 7900 came out they made a big deal amount braking improvements.
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoIgnore me, i'm still confused
Ignore me, i'm still confused by this
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoIs it not, Time for the first
Is it not, Time for the first 8, top 4 times go though, with 1/3 meeting each other and 2/4
Then its all about winning rather than time, Winners into gold and losers into bronze
Ok, maybe I was slightly off with my thoughts
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks agoIt was specifically the Bont
It was specifically the Bont Crono shoes that the UCI had an issue with, rather than Bonts as a whole http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/Specialty/crono/
The last we heard they were still arguing the toss about it, the contention being that if these aren't allowed, countless other products should be banned too.
Bont have turned this into a positive by boasting that their shoes are too fast for the UCI.
Whatever, the Zeros are UCI legal. Unless UCI decide to move the goalposts. But they'd never do something like that, would they?
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks ago@thehood +1, I thought that
@thehood +1, I thought that too.
Regarding the rest of the kit, the spirit of the rules is that they should be using kit the rest of us can buy, but BC appear to have side-stepped that by offering the stuff as custom items through uk sport but at extortionate prices (not even listed!) with lead times on production etc. I believe the aero helmets are £3k, and the track bikes £20k. I know Chris Boardman talks about "butting up against the rules", but is this a bit heavy on the gamesmanship?
- Poor Hugh Porter1 year 19 weeks agoI know I was being critical
I know I was being critical but I think the data they are receiving isn't doing them any favours either.
- New Stage Scoring Table Feedback and Wish List1 year 19 weeks agoLovin the game but have a
Lovin the game but have a request...
As a purist can there not be a seperate league for Premium players and those playing 'normal'? It's a bit galling being overtaken by people on tours you are not competing in!
What does anyone else think about this?
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 19 weeks agoGuardian wrote:The teamGuardian wrote:
The team pursuit starts with a qualifying round. Teams are seeded in the first round according to their qualifying times – the fastest team competes against the fourth fastest, second competes against third, fifth against eighth and sixth against seventh. The winners of the two heats between the top four teams advance to the finals; the remaining six teams are ranked according to their times from the first round, with the best two competing for bronze. Bewildered? Me too.
This track cycling business is bonkers.
ie, winners of the two semi's (the races between the fastest four teams, in this case GB v Denmark and Australia v New Zealand) go through to the gold medal race, fastest two of the remaining six teams go through to the bronze race.
- Can someone please Media-train Philip Hinde!1 year 19 weeks agoI was under the impression
I was under the impression for some reason that if a rider rolls off the track, for whatever reason, it would have been game over but falling into/onto the track means a restart?
Have I just invented this in my head?
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 19 weeks agoi thought the UCI in their
i thought the UCI in their wisdom decided bont shoes were a no-no, or am i behind the times?
- Shutt club bibs1 year 19 weeks agoHappy with mine all day and
Happy with mine all day and 100 miles plus.
- Just in: De Rosa Milanino1 year 19 weeks agoGreat! (though please don't
Great! (though please don't suddenly offer 24 multiple steams of content to confuse us all )