- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 5 weeks ago111 for me after a 20 point
111 for me after a 20 point penalty. Not bad, but not good either.
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 5 weeks agoWhat type of mavic wheels? I
What type of mavic wheels? I would just ride it to and from work, come winter put on some winter wheels and keep it clean. For an 8 mile commute you would be mental spending £1000 on an extra bike!
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 5 weeks ago93 points today, down to 21st
93 points today, down to 21st overall. Think thats my fight over!!!!
- Digital EPO: smash your Strava times… by cheating1 year 5 weeks agoI see someone has already
I see someone has already ridden 9 times and done 11,000km in that time on the latest Strava challenge. It's a shame that people feel like messing Strava up.
You get out it what you want, your own personal challenges, but it looks like jealousy and competitiveness (and anti-competitiveness) win out.
I guess some people want us to all be the same or not bother comparing people because they fear comparison.
- Just in: Trek Madone 2.11 year 5 weeks agoThe upshot of these tubes
The upshot of these tubes shapes is the potential for a faster ride. How much faster is a question we’ll be able to answer once we’ve ridden it.
You probably won't!
- US judge dismisses attempt to sue Strava after cyclist killed while trying to recapture segment KoM1 year 5 weeks agoQuote:...and fails to warnQuote:
...and fails to warn users vying for KOM status that the road conditions are unsuitable for racing.
That just forgoes all common sense that roads are not meant for racing using any kind of vehicle, let alone having to be told this by a website.
- For Sale: Pair of Conti 650c tyres (never used)1 year 5 weeks agoSOLD!
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 5 weeks agoTifosi CK7 at around £850
Tifosi CK7 at around £850 would just require a rack or seatpost bag, pedals and you're ready to go. I've done everything from the 7 mile rural commute to the Paris-Roubaix Cyclotouriste with no problems. Off the shelf with Sora or Veloce mix it's a great commuter, Audaxer, club run bike
- HOY Bikes initial range + launch tour announced1 year 5 weeks agoSaw some of these in Evans'
Saw some of these in Evans' window at lunchtime. Look a bit smarter in the flesh but I still fail to understand why anyone would ever want to buy one. No disrespect to the great man but simply having his surname on the side of yet another identikit Taiwanese cookie-cutter of a bike is not sufficient motivation to splash the cash.
Also, the guy is famous for A) riding track bikes and B) riding BMXs before. Surely the range should have at least one of these bikes in it? And would we really trust a man who has spent his whole life on fixies to advise on which gearing is best?
- RITMO Rating1 year 5 weeks agoMattT53 wrote:I got aMattT53 wrote:
I got a 4....None of my individual rides get (anywhere near) as low as 4
Well that's odd, worth contacting the helpdesk - they're after feedback.
- What's the best bike box / case out there (for around £300)?1 year 5 weeks agoBike Box Alan is your best
Bike Box Alan is your best bet hire or buy. http://bikeboxalan.co.uk/
But that's going to be more than £300 to buy.
If you are set on buying and not hiring. Inside the £300 you can get
Elite Vaison Bike Box £300
DHB Elsted Bike Box £180
B&W Bike Box £250
All of those offer the same sort of protection
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 5 weeks ago107 in the end, missed a
107 in the end, missed a couple of points for Barguil. still 9th overall and leading Forum Scorum but dropping away slightly. Top spot is out of reach so fighting to stay top 10.
Plus, with De Gendt and Kwiatkowski my purist team had a poor day and dropped a few places.
- Cyclist injured in towpath goose attack1 year 5 weeks agoNo doubt it was the 'Hello
No doubt it was the 'Hello Kitty' tassels on the bar ends that upset the geese.
- RITMO Rating1 year 5 weeks ago1.6 for this mornings ride
1.6 for this mornings ride and my profile number is 1.5
- RITMO Rating1 year 5 weeks agoI got a 4. As such, given my
I got a 4. As such, given my complete lack of talent on a bike, it must be deeply deeply flawed! None of my individual rides get (anywhere near) as low as 4 so I'm not quite sure what metrics they use. If it's as simple as distance/speed/elevation then it might get to the point where it penalises slow cafe rides and commutes?
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 5 weeks ago1, 14 & 19, plus KOM points
1, 14 & 19, plus KOM points from Damuseau.
Also just missed out on Lanterne Rouge by one place!
- Pearson IMNOTANUMBER vs Ribble R8721 year 5 weeks agoDon't under-estimate fit and
Don't under-estimate fit and don't over-estimate the difference a few grammes on different component make. If you ride the Pearson more, you'll be losing weight yourself long after you're thinking about whether you should have gotten a better groupset or wheels.
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 5 weeks ago8 scoring riders for me.....A
8 scoring riders for me.....A massive 82 points
- Pearson IMNOTANUMBER vs Ribble R8721 year 5 weeks agoI'd take the Pearson - they
I'd take the Pearson - they are lovely looking bikes - nothing wrong with choosing based on the look, that's what's going to make you want to ride it on a miserable morning.
It's also a known quantity for you.
- Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Froome reels in Contador to win stage and take maillot jaune1 year 5 weeks agolooking at the way Porte and
looking at the way Porte and Froome steamrollered up the climb then Froome blasting past Contador etc you would be a foolish person to bet against Froome not winning the TdF.
(There ya go I've jinxed it now, you can all go and put a £5 on Voeckler for the win. )
- What's the best bike box / case out there (for around £300)?1 year 5 weeks agoWhy don't you just hire
Why don't you just hire one?
It's cost me 100 quid for 3 weeks hire o a bike box Allan for July
- HOY Bikes initial range + launch tour announced1 year 5 weeks agoNzlucas wrote:£1000 105Nzlucas wrote:
£1000 105 equipped bike equals cycle scheme winner. This years bikes are poorly specced/priced from other brands and this one will clean up because it is directly competing on the same shop floor as Spesh and others offering taigra.
It helps when you're selling direct via Evans. No distributor margin to factor in = some saving to the consumer but still a more than adequate profit margin.
- Motorists jailed in separate dangerous driving incidents involving cyclists1 year 5 weeks agoLifetime ban. Clearly not a
Lifetime ban. Clearly not a proper person to be given control of a potentially lethal vehicle. Probably needs to be tagged as well to make sure he doesn't drive while disqualified again.
- US judge dismisses attempt to sue Strava after cyclist killed while trying to recapture segment KoM1 year 5 weeks agoHam-planet wrote:Does thisHam-planet wrote:
Does this mean that Strava will finally stop their pussy-footing with regard to 'hazardous' segments and anything that brings you closer to sea level faster than sinking through solid earth?
I don't see why it should. I've reported downhill segments where they had side roads that made them dangerous and the present system works fine as far as I can see.
Strava can't reasonably know the reality of every hill / mountain descent on the planet so I don't have a problem with them leaving it to sensible locals to flag dangerous segments and riders to only push hard on descents that they know well enough to be safe on (i.e. responsible riding).
- Cyclist injured in towpath goose attack1 year 5 weeks agoIt's because he slowed down
It's because he slowed down to have a look. They didn't like him having a gander...