- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:NO, the pointsGkam84 wrote:
NO, the points jersey is NOT scored.
This still seems to be your arbitrary decision and NOT what was announced before the race.Quote:
Scoring notes for this competition
Points jersey points based on the white jersey classification, not the red jersey (intermediate sprint points)
I still don't agree that this should have been changed without any prior warning.
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoPity you on this one Gkam....
Pity you on this one Gkam.... organisation, information and coverage coming out of Poland is not good...
- Tour of Poland stage 21 year 2 weeks agoYea missed deadline too. Will
Yea missed deadline too. Will need to read up tonight to see what's been going on
- Tour of Poland stage 21 year 2 weeks agoIts based on points scored at
Its based on points scored at sprint and mountain points. Its the UCIs attempt to try and take the subjectivity out of the combativity prize.
- World Naked Bike Ride proves to be all a bit too much for Clacton on Sea1 year 2 weeks agovery funny, knowing Clacton
very funny, knowing Clacton as I do lol
- World Naked Bike Ride proves to be all a bit too much for Clacton on Sea1 year 2 weeks agoSounds like this Halliday
Sounds like this Halliday chap wants it "put a stop to" regardless of what his constituents think.
- Specialized Tracer Pro CX Clincher Tyre1 year 2 weeks agoThese tyres lasted 6 miles.
These tyres lasted 6 miles. Don't go into the wood with them.
My Challenge Grifo tyres lasted a year of none stop on off road mayhem b4 getting a puncture (back tyre very worn by then). front tyre still going.
The Specialized Tracer Pro CX Clincher Tyre lasted for 6 miles of on off road mayhem b4 getting a puncture.
Bloody pathetic. I wont be using it again. I wouldn't even trust these tyre to get across a few miles of beach.
- Sizing help please - Synapse / SuperSix1 year 2 weeks agoThanks both, my Mortirolo has
Thanks both, my Mortirolo has a 120 stem, though I can't track down the geo for that bike to compare it directly to both the 'dales. My bigger problem is the Synapse DA is a 54 and the SS Ultegra DI2 is a 56, and of the two I think I prefer the idea of the Synapse for 100+ milers.
- Hit and runs reported at London Critical Mass ride + VIDEO1 year 2 weeks agoI went on a Mass ride once.
I went on a Mass ride once. The group headed to parliament square and then just stopped. I didn't find it particularly celebratory to be honest, more like just being stuck in traffic in central London. After 10 minutes of waiting a cabbie hurled some verbal abuse and for once I agreed. Maybe I was doing it wrong but I left as soon as I could get away from the crowd.
I prefer to celebrate cycling like I did this morning, on a club ride taking in the views and roads that Hertfordshire offers without a load of people constantly parking in front of me.
- Tour of Poland stage 21 year 2 weeks agoCan someone tell me what the
Can someone tell me what the 'Attractivity competition' is? is it just like the combination classification in the Vuelta but awarded day by day, or is it different in some way?
- Updated: Raleigh launch 2014 range1 year 2 weeks agoThanks for your comments
Thanks for your comments Deanf316. We're all ears on how to improve.
Sorry to hear you couldn't receive info on this year's Militis. We make specification information available to all LBS so it is frustrating that you weren't given the information you needed. Interestingly the bike scored 4.5 / 5 on recent tests on Road.cc and Bikeradar so we have been pleased with the response and have implemented feedback into the 2014 models, some of which are shared with Raleigh US and some of which are only available from Raleigh UK.
Keep talking and keep feeding back is the main message. Cheers.
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoI just noticed this
I just noticed this
last update: 2013-07-28 15:23:04
WHY are they changing yesterday's stage today....idiots
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoNO, the points jersey is NOT
NO, the points jersey is NOT scored.
Things seem to have changed overnight, CAS was listed as 3rd on GC because he got a time bonus somewhere yesterday....
I don't know whats going on, but I will have to go and rescore everyone. It will take some time
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoAlso, Majka should have 33
Also, Majka should have 33 pts (or 36) - 3rd on stage, 3rd on GC (and 3rd on points - if not intermediate sprints)
- Hit and runs reported at London Critical Mass ride + VIDEO1 year 2 weeks agoScary how alive and well the
Scary how alive and well the idea is that if a driver does something aggressive to you, you must have brought it upon yourself.
Last weekend I led a fancy dress bicycle procession round Bristol, as part of Bristol Cycle Festival. It was a traffic free Sunday and pretty much all the roads we used were closed, dead ends, or separate bike paths, but we still had some appalling behaviour from drivers.
One taxi driver tried to force his way through a group of families in fancy dress, while a woman in a car (with her kids in the back) deluged us with verbal abuse. Afterwards I asked if people wanted to take these incidents any further and sadly no-one did. One bloke even told me that he felt what we were doing was antagonising motorists.
I've had similar experiences when training as a Sky Ride leader. In the space of one afternoon we had three or four dangerous overtakes, honking of horns, and "punishment passes". This is despite being in a small orderly group of about ten riders, all riding sensibly, wearing helmets, etc.
It's time to stop making excuses for these people and start encouraging people to crack down on them, before more serious incidents happen.
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoDoes that mean you've still
Does that mean you've still given the points jersey to the intermediate spints? Otherwise I would expect eg Ulissi to have 50, not 45. I still can't see where CAS got his 31 pts (even if he's scored KoM pts for the summit finish)
- Rose 2014: New endurance bikes and more disc options1 year 2 weeks agoI hope their bikes are better
I hope their bikes are better than their web site.
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoOk, points are being sorted
Ok, points are being sorted out.
You were correct, the ToP was wrong when I did the points yesterday, they had Pinotti in 5th
- Tour of Poland stage 21 year 2 weeks ago2 changes
- Hit and runs reported at London Critical Mass ride + VIDEO1 year 2 weeks agoCan motorists not chill out,
Can motorists not chill out, even on a Friday night? I've often wondered what these idiots do with the precious 5 or 10 minutes that they save by speeding, harassing or threatening other road users etc.
- Hit and runs reported at London Critical Mass ride + VIDEO1 year 2 weeks agoWow, I left a comment that
Wow, I left a comment that was MY opinion, come back today and its gone mad. I may well reply to some of the comments that quoted me, but as it was MY opinion....how can you tell me I'm wrong....
As for farrell....
- FS Garmin 810 performance navigation bundle1 year 2 weeks agoHello,
How old is the
How old is the Garmin?
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 2 weeks agoBez wrote:I fully agree withBez wrote:
I fully agree with the CTC's comment. Bans need to be used more heavily, including where a driver commits a safety-related offence but no collision occurs. In most cases custody is not helpful.
The "deterrent" argument is fallacious. People do not believe they will kill someone therefore it is inherently impossible to implement a deterrent for this. What is needed is a deterrent against things like adjusting a satnav while driving, and to achieve that, such a deterrent must be enforceable regardless of death.
There is no point in calling for custodial sentences for killers. The thing to do is to call for deterrents to the actions which cause death when the dice roll badly, because the point is to prevent people becoming killers in the first place.
One of the daftest arguments I've read anywhere. At least the author of the article doesn't try to extend the argument to all killers.
How can you deter people from being distracted? And you do know that lots of drivers ignore bans?
- Tour of Poland Stage 11 year 2 weeks agoSTEVESPRO 79 wrote:Have toSTEVESPRO 79 wrote:
Have to agree with Tony Kappler.. The rules say points competition not intermediate sprint points competition. you cannot go changing the rules without giving people notification...
I agree with this too. I don't really care which jersey is scored but it should be the one stated in the rules, not one arbitrarily chosen after the race has finished.
For the record, it does affect me but I don't know if it would move me up or down the table.
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 2 weeks agoI like the strategy of long
I like the strategy of long term or life time bans for dangerous driving being the first punishment, saving custodial sentences for repeat offenders or those who drive whilst banned or extreme cases.
Suspect a life ban would be quite a deterrent for a lot of motorists and locking them up just costs more money.
This case would imo be in the extreme case category.