- Who is going where ?1 year 17 weeks agoApparently JTL has signed for
Apparently JTL has signed for a World Tour team, now I wonder who that could be
- Tejay Van Garderen1 year 17 weeks agoRiders under the age of 23
Riders under the age of 23 apparently.
- Tejay Van Garderen1 year 17 weeks agoNot that I wouldn't have had
Not that I wouldn't have had him if I'd known anyway !!
- Tejay Van Garderen1 year 17 weeks agoThe young riders must have a
The young riders must have a younger age cap as Caruso was not in it either
im guessing its younger than 23 or 21?
- Vuelta Stage 3: Valverde beats Rodriguez on the line, Froome responds to Contador attacks1 year 17 weeks agoThis is shaping up to be a
This is shaping up to be a far better 'race' than the TdF. It will surely go to the wire, with at least 4 possible winners. Froome is a far better bet against Alberto than El Wiggo. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey is Sky's tactics, even if they cocked up last year.
- Texas judge dismisses Armstrong lawsuit seeking to halt USADA proceedings but highlights "troubling aspects" of case1 year 17 weeks agoA victory for clean
A victory for clean sport.
Interesting the way the UCI attempt to twist the meaning of the court findings in the following gobbledygook
"The US Court was not convinced under US law that Lance Armstrong’s rights of defence would not be respected in the arbitration procedure sought by USADA and in which an appeal to CAS is possible,”
Although logically correct the statement uses the word 'not' twice, redundantly, to suggest at a casual reading that the finding supported the UCI. Try reading the sentance without saying not to seen what I mean.
Also no mention that WADA had already come down on the side of the USADA.
- Building your own bike: Cannondale Evo SuperSix1 year 17 weeks agoPawel Surmacz wrote:Hi!
I amPawel Surmacz wrote:
I am looking for help with the right frame sizing. I am thinking of buying a cannondale supersix.
I am considering buying a supersix 2011 size 56 on Shimano 105. I am 185 cm tall, leg length (from crotch to floor) – 88 cm, weight 80 kg. At this time I am using Koga Gentslux size 58 on Ultegra. I would be very grateful for a helping advice weather it is worth to consider a smaller frame (by 2 cm) because the bike is on a considerable sale. I feel good with the current size of my Koga but had to adjust the saddle by putting it a couple of centimeters forward since the top tube was too long for my liking. I never had a carbon frame before, I ride about 2500 km. / year on road – mostly training for MTB, never did road racing but I thought about a solid frame with solid components.
Thanks in advance.
I am a shorter than you at 175cm but my leg length is the same. I built a bike using the Evo frame above and I have the 54cm. It is comfortable for me but on the large side of what is acceptable. I could easily have had the 52cm instead. I think a 56cm may be too big for you. The only way to find out is to go to a LBS that sells cannondale and try one out. Otherwise its a lot of money to spend on a bike that might not fit you.
- Trek Madone and carbon Cronus CX frames for sale-STILL AVAILABLE!1 year 17 weeks agoHi Fringe,
Here are some
Here are some images of the frame for you: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aj91xeoc1e59j1z/Tx4qVqolVR
- Sneak peek: Genesis 2013 bike range1 year 17 weeks ago+1 Doctor Fegg. I like the
+1 Doctor Fegg. I like the skinny steel and plain retro looks of Genesis road bikes but have had to strike them from my wishlist / shortlist as they are too big.
Maximo, if the CdF feels good to you then it is a good choice. The CdF is useful as an all-rounder. It has features that make it, like Audax models, a good compromise between race and touring geometry, a customised one helped Vin Cox set a new Round the World record. Road.cc don't appear to have a review but here's one over at Bikeradar:
- USA pro cycling challenge1 year 17 weeks ago67 for me but i'm playing for
67 for me but i'm playing for the purist long game. not that it'll work
- Vuelta Stage 3: Valverde beats Rodriguez on the line, Froome responds to Contador attacks1 year 17 weeks agoWhy did Contador show his
Why did Contador show his hand so early in the Tour when he surely needs to ride his way into a bit more form? He was aggressive but lacked the power to stay away.
Froome played it right in my view. Sky probably work out the VAM for people like Contador and then effectively time trail each mountain to that speed. More consistent effort and better rhythm = less energy.
- Tifosi Altar sunglasses1 year 17 weeks agoQuote: " and fitting my
Quote: " and fitting my larger head well I was pleased with how these value-for-money glasses performed."
Maybe it was the absence of punctuation in this sentence, but there's a hint that the writer may also have a smaller head.
And a minor point - the sub-head quotes 35g and the body copy 34g.
- Vuelta Stage 3: Valverde beats Rodriguez on the line, Froome responds to Contador attacks1 year 17 weeks agoThose attacks by Contador are
Those attacks by Contador are the same as high end intervals and we all know how productive these can be. Lots of protein needed for recovery though, steak is full of it.
- USA pro cycling challenge1 year 17 weeks ago104 for me I think
104 for me I think
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 17 weeks agoI find the new one hour Cycle
I find the new one hour Cycle Show a big improvement on the half hour format they had previously. What is it you don't understand? It seems to be aimed mostly at a general audience.
On hi-viz, I don't and never will wear it. I use bright lights and reflectives when visibility is poor and, in my experience, when a driver says he didn't see you he didn't look. I had this the other day. It was broad daylight, I was wearing a white t-shirt and some idiot in a Range Rover drove straight across my path without looking. When I caught up with him he said that he didn't see me and that I should have been wearing hi-viz. I suggested he went to get his eyes tested.
- La Vuelta Stage 31 year 17 weeks agoI think ive lost the plot
I think ive lost the plot
- Shand launch Skinnymalinky at Bike Blenheim Palace1 year 17 weeks agoPicked up a tatty looking
Picked up a tatty looking frame from a junk shop, turned out to be an original Viscount Aerospace with beautiful fillet brazed joints, no forks, £15.00. Powder coat, £40.00 and it looks almost identical to this Shand. Added a set of carbon fork from my garage and set up on fixed gear, looks fantastic, rides fantastic and sooo! light.
- Auto Express claims three in four cyclists "break road rules"1 year 17 weeks agoWhat's your route to and from
What's your route to and from work, and do cyclists jump one at a time or does one do it and then others copy?
- Vuelta Stage 3: Valverde beats Rodriguez on the line, Froome responds to Contador attacks1 year 17 weeks agoDoctor Fegg wrote:I don'tDoctor Fegg wrote:
I don't think Froome was struggling. It's in his style to pace himself back up to the attack, rather than immediately jumping on the pedals every time someone launches themselves off the front.
Agreed. His style and Sky's method as a team.
- Bike importing from Canada/USA...?1 year 17 weeks agoYou'll get stung a bomb for
You'll get stung a bomb for customs too. I bought a bike in the states and brought it back (granted this was in the '90s') and the import tax was something like 30% on a bicycle.
Depending on how honest you are if you pick it up in person of course...
- Who is going where ?1 year 17 weeks agoDuggan to
Duggan to Spidertech
Nuyens to Garmin
Matthews to Greenedge
- Wiggins expects Cavendish exit as Brailsford outlines aim of Team Sky GC dominance1 year 17 weeks agoJust reading a couple of the
Just reading a couple of the comments, I guess you guys didn't know that Liquigas won't be around next season? The team might be, But the sponsorship won't as they pull it at the end of the season
- USA pro cycling challenge1 year 17 weeks ago112 points, I think! Really
112 points, I think! Really good day thanks to Danielson and Stetina in the break plus Caruso and Horner, as well as some lower scorers in Infantino, Leipheimer and TJVG. Really like my team for tomorrow even better.
Also +1 on the tour tracker. I've always loved it. Glad it's available to the Euros here as well. It's only fair, since we generally only get to watch cycling via eurosport online.
- USA pro cycling challenge1 year 17 weeks agoI think Farrar was waiting a
I think Farrar was waiting a couple of km's out and joined the race there
The commentators couldn't see him in the pack until the last corner, the didn't think he was their, the tracker didn't think he was there......then BOOM
- Bike importing from Canada/USA...?1 year 17 weeks agoI don't have any experience
I don't have any experience with a courier exactly for the reason you say. They will charge a fortune. If you wanted to get it. Its cheaper to go over yourself and bring it back.
I got a bike from America flown over with a friend in the RAF, unfortunately it was the wrong size and spec. So he was only over getting an OBE or something from the Queen, so he took it back. I looked into shipping its replacement. But was just not cost effective, so got my money back.