- Police appeals in Cambridgeshire and Bristol after cyclists mugged for their bikes1 year 11 weeks agoI fear this won't be the
I fear this won't be the last. Thieves are starting to realise that these road bike things, while not as 'cool' as mountain bikes round town, are worth a bit. Combine that with the fact that they are ridden by skinny types (who it turns out can't even walk properly in their funny shoes), and rarely left unattended (unless you hang around near cafes in rural areas) means that violence is the easiest option.
- DA mechanical or Di2?1 year 11 weeks agoI got that much, I guess what
I got that much, I guess what I was hinting at was just acknowledging how important that aspect was to you.
I'm sure it will be awesome, anyway!
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agoWell done Wiggo and Dave
Well done Wiggo and Dave Brailsford!!
What an end to an excellent year for British cycling...
- Win a signed Yello Jersey by Brad and a book1 year 11 weeks agoOnly if they have sorted out
Only if they have sorted out their website.
Otherwise your details get changed to the previous person to enter...
- Just in: Charge Hob 31 year 11 weeks agoNice colour, that's about it.
Nice colour, that's about it.
- Tech Roundup: Seriously limited edition Van Moof bikes, Cat Ears to help your hearing, saucy animal print bike ponchos and more1 year 11 weeks agoAgreed.
Scaf-bar afterthought. Yuk.
- DA mechanical or Di2?1 year 11 weeks agoThanks for those responses
Thanks for those responses since my last post - if I could have got EPS on the bike I'm after then I would, but I can't. My choice on this bike is either SRAM Red, mechanical Dura-Ace or Dura-Ace Di2.
I'm about to put the order in now for the DA Di2!
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks ago"not to have win Olympic or
"not to have win Olympic or Paralympic gold in London this summer".
Not to be an arse Simon but
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agoArise Sir Bradley of Wiggins
Arise Sir Bradley of Wiggins !
Well done Brad you've done us proud.
Ability, humility and charisma..........and an Austin Powers suit...... BRILLIANT !
- Grandfondo Banff to be repeated in 2013 - but hopefully without any grizzly bears1 year 11 weeks agoI think I'd rather be kicked
I think I'd rather be kicked and gored to death than be eaten to death, so my vote would go to the Elk.
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agoThey voted for the wrong
They voted for the wrong Scotsman! Andy Murray is like watching paint dry as a personality, this is not an attack on his sporting prowess as he can bat a ball about . It should have been Storey as well for the clean sweep but I suppose we have to give the joggers something
- The Underclass1 year 11 weeks agoHere's to the bobbly Colnago
Here's to the bobbly Colnago Del Tongo acrylic top, just the thing for a few chilly lunchtime hill reps. Last time I popped the phone in the back pocket it went straight through and hit the floor.
- Paul Kimmage Defense Fund1 year 11 weeks agoJust updating this for any
Just updating this for any future reference.
Via Twitter and with the financial aid of Jamie Fuller, owner of SKINS compression wear, a group of 'interested parties' now known as Change Cycling Now - http://www.changecyclingnow.org/ held a conference in London in December. In attendance we Kimmage, colleague David Walsh, Greg LeMond, Michael Ashdenden and others: http://www.changecyclingnow.org/attendees
The two day conference resulted in a "Charter of the Willing" - http://www.changecyclingnow.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Charter-of-th... and Greg LeMond offering to stand as "Interim President" of the UCI if Pat McQuaid stepped down, more symbolic gesture than a serious strategic move against McQuaid.
McQuaid dismissed the groups and it's findings: http://road.cc/content/news/72115-mcquaid-judge-cycling-london-2012-not-...
Whether or not Change Cycling Now can sustain momentum and build on their first conference is very much in question with only 4820 having signed their petition as I type.
Whether Kimmage has a valid case against the UCI should be decided by the end of 2012.
- Tech Roundup: Seriously limited edition Van Moof bikes, Cat Ears to help your hearing, saucy animal print bike ponchos and more1 year 11 weeks agopastaman wrote:Wow, the Vanpastaman wrote:
Wow, the Van Moof Noir is the most fugly bike I can remember ever seeing - that limited run is 19 too many as far as I'm concerned
The mere thought of a bike that fugly is a waste of a thought, let alone designing and manufacturing it.
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agolike Mrs Wiggins, I was
like Mrs Wiggins, I was wincing a bit when he started rambling away at the beginning. There was a danger he might blow it with the public by seeming cocky or a bit awkward - like he sometimes does - but it seemed to work out well enough!
- Banned doping doctor defends Armstrong, says he 'saw nothing'1 year 11 weeks agoAl Jazeera is a rather odd
Al Jazeera is a rather odd choice of forum in which to assert one's innocence and claim USADA had no evidence.
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agoMore cycling on the BBC would
More cycling on the BBC would be good. I think itv have had the spring classics in the past - highlights only, but it'll probably mean they get first crack at them. The BBC could probably get the domestic calendar pretty easily though and I'd watch it when I'm not at the roadside.
- DA mechanical or Di2?1 year 11 weeks agoI believe Di2 is not classed
I believe Di2 is not classed as 'user serviceable' - assuming you bought a load of spares before travelling, is it possible to confirm that you could be self-sufficient in terms of maintenance?
I tried Ultegra Di2 just on a turbo, it felt very slick, and the auto-trim on the front mech was sweet, but I could well imagine struggling with it in full-finger gloves.
If you're previously a campag man, are you sure you'll be happy with the 'mouse-click' feel of Di2, rather than the 'just-like-mechanical' feel of EPS?
- Carbon bike hunting, any ideas?1 year 11 weeks agoCRC have an Ultegra beone ex
CRC have an Ultegra beone ex demo for £1049 if you fit a 56. I've got the same frame and its very nice.
- Kinesis Racelite TK31 year 11 weeks agoThanks for the comments. Top
Thanks for the comments. Top tube is slightly longer than normal because the frameset is designed to accommodate larger tyres and full guards without the need for an overly slack head-angle to avoid excessive toe-overlap. Riders normally find it can be easily sorted with an adjustment on stem length. You can add up to 40mm of spacers if you need to bring the front end up.
Hope this helps.
Dom. Kinesis UK.
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agoFantastic news.
Now all we
Now all we need to do is get the BBC to show a bit more competitive cycling. (The Spring classics would be a start).
- Dave Brailsford to be honoured with the freedom of Erewash1 year 11 weeks agonevman wrote:Gives him thenevman wrote:
Gives him the right to sell replica kit on Ilkeston market.Imagine he will be quite busy come the new year.
WHat off loading the Adidas stuff before the RAPHA kit comes in!!!
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks agoSuper-happy for Wiggins and
Super-happy for Wiggins and delighted that cyclists have won it two years running now.
Did anyone else spot the cut away to Chris Froome's hilariously expressionless face when he was being thanked by Brad?
- Bradley Wiggins wins BBC Sports Personality of the Year 20121 year 11 weeks ago'Familiarised himself with
'Familiarised himself with his surroundings.' Love it. Could this be Road.CC's own version of Private Eye's 'tired and emotional' ? I hope so.
- DA mechanical or Di2?1 year 11 weeks agoIn cold weather my fingers
In cold weather my fingers are "frozen" and I find it difficult to distinguish between change up and change down on the shifter. Proper winter gloves overcome the cold fingers problem but still make it difficult to differentiate between up and down.
Two solutions: Campag EPS or , if you are committed to Shimano, the Climber's Switch fitted to the tops of the handlebar.