- Video: Rochelle Gilmore’s roller-riding tips and tricks1 year 1 week agoThat's not your rear brake,
That's not your rear brake, unless you're a crazy italian
- Police write to Bristol cyclists telling them not to ride on pavements or jump red lights1 year 1 week agoColin, many thanks for
Colin, many thanks for pointing out the obvious; I realise the Police cannot be omnipresent. What I object to is the fact that you cannot report someone driving in a genuinely dangerous manner unless they cause an accident. I thought prevention was better than cure, but apparently not. You can report someone for loitering in a hoody but not for wielding a ton and a half of metal in a dangerous manner. How odd.
- Exclusive first look: Colnago AC-R road bike1 year 1 week agoI'm a bit of a snob too. I
I'm a bit of a snob too. I want my bikes made by the most highly skilled workers, irrespective of where they live and work.
- Artic tour of Norway1 year 1 week agoGotta feel sorry for the
Gotta feel sorry for the riders that get sent there after the weather they have endured this season and then in August they get sent to the artic!
Still, 14 degrees not a bad temp to be riding in. Warm enough but not too hot.
- RideLondon 2014 ballot opens Monday1 year 1 week agoNot sure about the need to
Not sure about the need to 'get in quick' - it's a ballot.
Admittedly the ballot will close when they've got 80k applicants, but they only got 55,000 last year.
- Breaking news: Passenger dies of injuries after bus performs emergency stop to avoid cyclist1 year 1 week agoSeat belts can be fitted to
Seat belts can be fitted to longer distance coaches, but they are not fitted (or required) on the "No 17" local stopping bus. It may be that the old gentleman was standing at the time, and that is allowed on buses too. Plenty of uninformed and plain wrong statements here, why not just wait and see what evidence is presented?
- Pro Team kit - Naff or not1 year 1 week agoSame as any other sporting
Same as any other sporting team gear really:
- watching the sport, supporting 'your' team: ok to wear
- actual member of team participating the sport: ok to wear
-attending fancy dress party with theme "my favourite sporting hero": ok to wear
- practicing for same sport but at grassroots level and you are not a member of the team and not a kid: NAFF
- competing in same sport and you are not a member of team: NAFF. Also confusing and probably against the rules of the sport (but I have seen it)
-any other time: NAFF. And just plain unfashionable in the most basic sense.
- Lance Armstrong's readers sue for damages1 year 1 week agodino wrote:Road CC... pleasedino wrote:
Road CC... please write a story about that dumbasses who are trying to profit from their utopian fairy-tale that burst...
I think we just did
- Driver who killed Oxford cyclist found not guilty of dangerous driving, guilty of careless1 year 1 week ago"Current generation...folk".
"Current generation...folk". Generalising twaddle. I'm one of that "generation", drive, ride moto, ride bike, walk, so that amkes me a potential killer, I suppose. I think I ride and drive to a decent (advanced trained standard). There are some not silver haired folk whose driving is poor. Stating that "therefor the grace...way" is simply tempting fate. You may be careful and "take pride", but I'll bet my old advanced instructor could find plenty of things you could do better.
Hey though, let's not let any sense get in the way of a nice, easy, blame some group you are not (yet) a part of, posting, eh?
- Breaking news: Passenger dies of injuries after bus performs emergency stop to avoid cyclist1 year 1 week agorich22222 wrote:That ups therich22222 wrote:
That ups the guy on a bikes charge to murder then surely? that's how rules of the road work right?
Shame for guy and his family, but clearly he was fragile.
Nope. There was no intention to kill therefore it would be impossible to charge him with murder. Difficult to envisage that the manslaughter charge will stick either.
- Exclusive first look: Colnago AC-R road bike1 year 1 week agoAt that price point I assume
At that price point I assume it's actually offshored to Taiwan like the other lower end bikes. I love my Colnagos, but I'm a snob. If I wanted a plastic "made in China*" bike, I wouldn't pay the Colnago premium. I'll stick with my 20yo Superissimo and my 7 yo CT2 thanks, this offers nothing over either of those. Now, a Master profiled Ti frame, might get me reaching for my wallet...
* Taiwan / China - depends on whether you're in Taiwan or China at the time...
- RideLondon 2014 ballot opens Monday1 year 1 week agoedf242 wrote:I would stronglyedf242 wrote:
I would strongly recommend a boycott of this event until they can manage to put on a pro womens race. It really shames our sport and fails to provide any kind of legacy for the olympics.
Good stuff. More chances for me to get in this time! Strava PBs all round please.
- Buyer’s Guide to Saddles1 year 1 week agoSpecialized Romin, is the
Specialized Romin, is the place to sit for hours on end, looks hard is great. Keep looking and this is where you will end up if you care for your body.
- Breaking news: Passenger dies of injuries after bus performs emergency stop to avoid cyclist1 year 1 week agoIn terms of seriousness of
In terms of seriousness of offence involuntary manslaughter isn't wildly different to death by dangerous driving. Maximum sentence is life but that's rarely enforced and certainly wouldn't be in this case. Max for dangerous driving is 14 years though to my knowledge it's never been used. Whatever happens it'll likely not buck the trend of people on bikes being sentenced more harshly than people in cars for doing what amounts to the same thing. My thoughts are with Chris and his family.
- London 100 climbing issues, advice needed; and a story.1 year 1 week agobikeboy76 wrote:
I live inbikeboy76 wrote:
I live in Didsbury so I know the Wizard, still seems a long way from Deansgate; when it gets to 6:45 you look at your watch and think 'Jeez, I have to get home, its still and hour away.' There is dinner to make and dishes to wash and sleeping and posting on internet forums The weekend is the only hope, but then there is family and friends and alcohol and movies, then it rains. Dedications what you need.
I think youve established a new cassette will help somewhat and that is decided! i changed to 11-28 and now blaze hill is a doddle!
But honestly the above quote is your problem. If you want to climb hills better you can't really buy your way into it. Losing weight and practice is the best idea.
I live in Didsbury and within half an hours ride there is Marple (Col du Mellor), alderley Edge (as mentioned above), Disley (high lane and bakestonedale road)
Within 50 minutes you can be at Macclesfield and head over to Buxton for one hell of a drag.
In fact if you head about 10 mins down the road you have stockport which is built on a massive hill.
I would suggest half hour out to alderley edge/marple, climb some hills, go home.
And eat fewer twixs. Losing weight helps tremendously!!
Oh and Manchester Wheelers are nice people!
- Breaking news: Passenger dies of injuries after bus performs emergency stop to avoid cyclist1 year 1 week agoThey are called seat belts,
They are called seat belts, the bus company is libel for passenger safety, not the bike rider even if he is an idiot.
Yes penalize him for his stupidity breaking the road rules and toss the book at him. Its not manslaughter.
Emergency stops should not kill passengers no matter the cause. Make the bus safe and it wont happen.
People stop shifting blame it wont bring the poor man back, a simple seat belt and he would be here today.
- Exclusive first look: Colnago AC-R road bike1 year 1 week agoI love it
It has both the
I love it
It has both the quality and style that is expected of such a prestigious bike brand
Good job Colnago!!!
- Breaking news: Passenger dies of injuries after bus performs emergency stop to avoid cyclist1 year 1 week agoHere's the sandwich murderer
Here's the sandwich murderer mentioned above http://road.cc/content/news/90037-driver-who-killed-oxford-cyclist-found...
Condolences to the bereaved. Disappointed that the bus company still hasn't been charged for its dangerous vehicle that kills on emergency stops.
- Motorist clocked at 82mph in 30mph zone; judge queries why he was only charged with speeding1 year 1 week agoIts surprising the guy was in
Its surprising the guy was in a car on uk plates.
Here in north wales the place is full of Eastern Europeans still driving cars on their national plates.
Can the police in this country trace drivers in cars on foreign plates or check the license or insurance status of these drivers in the event of an accident or crime.
Maybe its time for a European registration system with a centralised data base.
- POC Octal helmet and road clothing range launched1 year 1 week agoYes, have to say that the
Yes, have to say that the placement of the logo relative to the vents on the Octal is... unfortunate.
- Vivax Veloce e-bike gets lighter1 year 1 week agoGruber motor assisted road
Gruber motor assisted road bikes are great for less able riders. They only give a small boost to pedal power but that can be enough to allow the less able to enjoy the rides of the more able rather than staying at home wishing they could. I know older riders who have given up altogether simply because they feel they can't keep up with their mates any more
- Artic tour of Norway1 year 1 week agoThe commentator said the
The commentator said the weather was autumnal..... I am not sure whether that means that the weather was unusually cold or that within the arctic circle it is already early autumn!
I am a fair weather cyclist who feels he needs a medal for riding in poor weather! (Having said that I have been blown off my bike into a snow drift and suffered hypothermia on a ride this year!) Maybe I am getting harder as I get older?
I would love to know what it is like up there; I suspect if you do not like poor weather you are a bit stuck! Summer high temperature 14.2 Celsius Brrrrr!
- Vivax Veloce e-bike gets lighter1 year 1 week agoThis will now be my excuse
This will now be my excuse for being beaten by the older rider. "It was one of those e-bikes"
- Breaking news: Passenger dies of injuries after bus performs emergency stop to avoid cyclist1 year 1 week agoSpen- your right conjectures
Spen- your right conjectures not good but leaving it to the courts presumes they, the cps and police will act fairly and there's repeated evidence that doesn't happen.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 1 week agoSuing the driver: yes,
Suing the driver: yes, because the driver can see in both wing mirrors and should have checked before ANYONE opened a door.