- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoDuring Sportives I have seen
During Sportives I have seen groups of cyclists run red lights and it is annoying. I have never seen a cyclist take off a wing mirror but have seen a few cyclists taken down by one on a moving car.
My biggest bugbear after a mass ride is the number of dropped gel wrappers (not a concern of the article I note).
- Paris Nice queen stage1 year 6 weeks agoGesink (for the
Gesink (for the win)
Didn't plump for De Gendt in the end and didn't try to work in Van Garderen so if either of those two do anything today that'd hurt.
- New bike tool1 year 6 weeks agoyep.....missed that....
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoThe comments on the Craven
The comments on the Craven Herald non-story are refreshing. Only one gibbering simpleton blethering about pavement cyclists, and everyone else calmly and logically taking this piece of dimwitted hackery apart.
I'll make a mental note never to spend any money in Embsay in future though, nasty little NIMBYs.
- cav to win ta stage two???1 year 6 weeks agoI think he will do well
I think he will do well today.
I like the fact he still scored as many points as Goss yesterday so no big loss unless you had both.
Liked the fact he went for the intermediate sprints, seems to show he may want the points jersey, but would need to win today and monday
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoShock - rotund rural
Shock - rotund rural councillor is a cycling bigot.
If papers (local and national) weren't so desperate to try and keep themselves relevant in the digital economy then the views of these idiots wouldn't get any publicity.
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoFrom the picture of
From the picture of Councillor Quinn, it looks like he could do with getting on a bike, the weight loss might lower his blood pressure back down.
Not sure it'd help with his lack of common sense though.
- Paris Nice queen stage1 year 6 weeks agoI would like to think with
I would like to think with the quality i have i my team that i would do well but no one ever tells the cyclists that do they
Sylvain Chavanel (OPQ)
Tejay van Garderen (BMC)
Nicolas Roche (SAX)
Andrew Talansky (GRM)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS)
Maxim Iglinsky (AST)
Egoitz Garcia (COF
- Paris Nice queen stage1 year 6 weeks agoTricky one for me, I've not
Tricky one for me, I've not used my transfers very well the past couple of days and its left me with only 4-5 GC guys really. I'll probably keep this team for the next 2 days and bring in 4 for the TT...
My purists could do with a big day for JC Peraud or Monfort.
- Custom built frames: The choice, from steel to carbon1 year 6 weeks agoThe Legend range is special.
The Legend range is special. way to go, custom made Ti frame . worth every Penny
- Paris Nice queen stage1 year 6 weeks agoGesink
1st-8th on the stage and Lindeman in the break collecting KOM points please.
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agobazzargh wrote:"we’ve hadbazzargh wrote:
"we’ve had incidents where car wing mirrors have gone missing"
That bit sounds highly unlikely to be cyclists?
1) less likely than a car to aim that close to a car
2) don't have the momentum to knock a mirror out of sight
3) mirrors don't fit well in jersey pockets...not that I've tried
Excellent comment, as usual it takes someone with a bit of common sense to spell it out to people. It makes you wonder how these people get elected as councillors.
If a cyclist hit a wing mirror i know who would come off worst !
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoI think there's something up
I think there's something up with the link to the Craven Herald. It's a local newspaper's website and there doesn't seem to be a single mention of "Road tax" or "Red light jumping" in the comments. Someone fleetingly mentioned pavement cyclists, but that's it. Might be worth looking into.
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks ago"Welcome to Yorkshire"....but
"Welcome to Yorkshire"....but NIMBY.
- Paris Nice queen stage1 year 6 weeks agoLopez
Lets hope talansky is dropped and I I have the winner.
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoTo be honest I was ashamed of
To be honest I was ashamed of the Craven Herald newspaper for printing the councillors remarks as a news story with no evidence to back up his comments. Clearly nobody at the newspaper had read through his comments and weighed up firstly is it possible to ride through Embsay at 40 - 50 mph three abreast or is it really likely that cyclists are somehow removing car mirrors? As i said in my comments on the original article, it would be very hard to knock off a wing mirror without sustaining injuries to your hand or having a major stack into the tarmac.
This morning by 8.30 school run time in Embsay main street, two logging trucks had passed through the village - surely a far more likely culprit than a cyclist, if any wing mirrors are actually going missing? Have missing wing mirrors been reported to the police?
Love the switch at the Craven Herald from feigning interest in Cycling when they don't usaully care less when the Tour route was announced, a very quick revert to type.
Shame efforts locally don't go into fixing roads or educating truck drivers on the Grassington road that 6 inches isn't an exceptable distance to give a cyclist.
But hey-ho that probably wouldn't get Mr Quinn re elected.
- Spain set to make bike helmets compulsory amid law reform "designed to push cyclists off the streets"1 year 6 weeks agobikelightsuk wrote:This is abikelightsuk wrote:
This is a commendable step taken by the government to make bike helmets compulsory while riding.
Why stop at while riding? The logical end point of your logic is that all babies should be fitted with those Carrera collapsible helmets, featured on here a couple of weeks ago, at birth, so that it can expand while they grow, and thus never allow them to be exposed to any risk whatsoever.
- Paris Nice queen stage1 year 6 weeks agoIm not sure about my team
Im not sure about my team either
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoElderly villagers with cars?
Elderly villagers with cars? An accident waiting to happen,
- Pyrenean Ride question1 year 6 weeks agoI ended up paying a taxi
I ended up paying a taxi driver 100 Euros to get me back to my car at the start on similar event in the area
- Just in: Mekk AL Pinerolo 1.01 year 6 weeks agoj1mmy76 wrote:Pinerolo.j1mmy76 wrote:
Pinerolo. Sounds nothing like Pinarello. And this is a shame, because it sounds a decent bike that doesn't need to hijack another company's identity.
Pinarello is the name of a man, *Pinerolo is the name of a town and a climb in Northern Italy.
It's mentioned in the article for pete's sake.
- Halfords!1 year 6 weeks ago"There are only 2 things that
"There are only 2 things that will keep your bb30 running quietly and that's lots of grease and keeping it free of grit. Same goes for any bike with bb30. Grease is far cheaper than new cranks and bearings though so speaking from a mechanics point of view, to me it would have made more sense to try that first."
-I've got a BB30 which has developed a bit of a creak, only when I'm out of the saddle. Speshrider, do you have to get the bearings out to re-grease, and if so is this easy to do without dismantling them, or can I just take the cranks off and grease around the bearings in place? (I'm nowhere near Kilburn, or I'd bring it in for you to look at!) Thanks
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoJust under a month until we
Just under a month until we take on the first two stages over a weekend. Bring on the haters!
The 'Hot Fuzz' reference is spot on.
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoBit of a non-story really, it
Bit of a non-story really, it sounds like the kind of exchange at any parish council / community meeting.
I'm sure someone will have said "Huh, Embsay will get nothing out of this Tour de France business." Or perhaps "The youth of today, honestly!!"
As if cars and lorries don't terrorise whole communities already... (and no, I'm not exaggerating)
- Tour in Yorkshire… not everyone's happy about expected influx of cyclists1 year 6 weeks agoYeah, you better watch out
Yeah, you better watch out for cyclists; we're a bunch of b@startds.