- Campag 11 speed backpedal woes50 weeks 6 days agoI have essentially the same
I have essentially the same setup on my summer bike, Athena throughout apart from a FSA SL-K 50/34 chainset and a Miche 12-27 cassette (not sure what the chain is since it came new with the bike) and I don't have the issue you describe so I don't think it's a compatibility issue between the parts
- Extra prize categories?50 weeks 6 days agoYou see if you changed your
You see if you changed your name from 'the domestique' to 'the GC contender' you would have more chance of winning a buff.
- Swindon thieves grab £20k-worth of bikes from secure garage50 weeks 6 days agoI really hope some of the
I really hope some of the tracker technologies that are slowly dropping in price are going to start impacting bike crime. I wonder how much it would add to the cost of a bike if they all had an NFC identity tag fixed into the frame at manufacture? Probably pennies.
- Campag 11 speed backpedal woes50 weeks 6 days agoif my chain and cassette are
if my chain and cassette are wearing to the point I need to change them, usually the earliest indication is when the chain won't turn smoothly when I backpedal, and catches or changes cog...
- New event - 4 Abbeys Challenge50 weeks 6 days agoRobbie, drop us an email on
Robbie, drop us an email on email@example.com if you need any custom branded kit for the event or anyone taking part!
- Tour of California Stage 450 weeks 6 days agoWow, got a full house!
Wow, got a full house!
But only 68 points...
Is that the lowest ever score for a full house?
Maybe it is the 'Lantern Rouge' of full houses...LOL.
A new prize category in the offing?
- Video: Where Will You Watch The Tour?50 weeks 6 days ago|A brand new bike worth £325,
|A brand new bike worth £325, built by the Peak District National Park
For something affiliated with the Tour, you'd really expect a bit more than this!
- Video: Where Will You Watch The Tour?50 weeks 6 days agoAt the side of the road
At the side of the road somewhere is the current plan.
Although I might just get so drunk I end up cheering on the window display of Evans in Leeds.
- Extra prize categories?50 weeks 6 days agoI'll address a couple of
I'll address a couple of things. There is no Overall prize for the season, because people come and go and don't play every race.
I don't want to go into specifics about prize budgets/sponsorship because I don't know the in's and out's of any contracts or how it is done. Lets just say, if I was to total the prize budget, which I know the exact figure. It is WELL over £10,000 and nearer £20,000 for all the races this season.
I think that is a fair amount of prizes, without adding more.
- Swindon thieves grab £20k-worth of bikes from secure garage50 weeks 6 days agoNow I'm paranoid that some
Now I'm paranoid that some dimwit will mistake my bike for an expensive model and come round to relieve me of it.
- Former Genesis designer Dom Thomas launches Wold Cycles + video50 weeks 6 days agoSamShaw wrote:Another oneSamShaw wrote:+1
Another one added to the list of steel bikes I'd love to own
- FORUM'S SCORUM's MINI LEAGUE 2014(Spring Classics and Pre-Giro tours)50 weeks 6 days agoBesides....halfway looking
Besides....halfway looking through Romandie it looks like that's where you scored a hatful....2 stage wins in the first 3 days!!
- Video: Where Will You Watch The Tour?50 weeks 6 days agoYorkshire Dales National Park
Yorkshire Dales National Park - you need to up your game! Peak District National Park are putting your ambiguous goody bag to shame with their generous double prize offer!
- Bling up your bike for the Leeds Space for Cycling Big Ride this Saturday50 weeks 6 days agoAnd Wikipedia
And Wikipedia "http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds"
"In the 1970s, the council used the moto 'Motorway City of the 1970s' to try promote the city. This is because the Leeds Inner Ring Road is a motorway."
- Bling up your bike for the Leeds Space for Cycling Big Ride this Saturday50 weeks 6 days agoThe only people using the
The only people using the phrase "motorway city of the 70s" are the writers for road.cc. It gets an outing in every article in which Leeds is mentioned.
- Campag 11 speed backpedal woes50 weeks 6 days agoI'm guessing 39t to 25t/29t
I'm guessing 39t to 25t/29t is the problem rather than 53t ??
What frame and wheels ?
I run a 37t front 27t rear and haven't noticed this, but then mine's Chorus11
Campagnolo list the Athena/Chorus 11 as being able to handle a 29t cassette
in short and long cage sizes
- Campag 11 speed backpedal woes50 weeks 6 days agoNot true (duff LBS advice),
Not true (duff LBS advice), Campag 11 speed systems can handle up to a 29 teeth cog as standard.
Is the chain length correct when you test in on both cassettes? If not this then it really does sound like a minor bit of indexing trouble.
- Former Genesis designer Dom Thomas launches Wold Cycles + video50 weeks 6 days agoGreat video: fantastic
Great video: fantastic countryside.
- Former Genesis designer Dom Thomas launches Wold Cycles + video50 weeks 6 days agoAnother one added to the list
Another one added to the list of steel bikes I'd love to own, especially pertinent as a Yellowbelly. All I need to do now is to justify one at some point in the future!
Lovely website design by the way.
- Irish cyclist apologises to Marcel Kittel for selfish selfie50 weeks 6 days agofarrell wrote:mooleurfarrell wrote:mooleur wrote:
Both of you STFU and move on! *pulls both by ears like a 1940's mother angered by sibling rivalry*
Selfies are well last year anyway.
Yeah, but it's Ireland, they're so far behind everyone else the fact that he's taking a "Selfie" practically makes him a Spaceman or something.
(That should fire things up again nicely...)
Hahaha, I really can't comment, I'm Irish born living on the Isle of Man - mate I haven't even SEEN the internet yet, I'm typing this and sending it to road.cc via telegram! ASCII selfie to follow...
- Campag 11 speed backpedal woes50 weeks 6 days agoNot a whizz here but my LBS
Not a whizz here but my LBS informed me that for a 12-29 you need a long rear mech (as I was debating the relative cost of a Athena 11 speed 52/36 crank v 12-29 cassette (and long mech) for a hilly event coming up).
- Video: Where Will You Watch The Tour?50 weeks 6 days agoA signed copy of 'The Road',
A signed copy of 'The Road', official song of the Tour, courtesy of Alistair Griffin.
Oh god, there's a booby prize
- Tour de la Manche50 weeks 6 days agoJayyysus what an effort
Jayyysus what an effort fella! Sounds like it was a bit mega like. Well done to all of you!!
- Marcel Kittel backs Giro selfie snapper, tells him 'Don't worry'50 weeks 6 days agoThat was a nice thing of
That was a nice thing of Marcel Kittel to do, to defuse the whole thing, he comes across as a really good bloke
- Marcel Kittel backs Giro selfie snapper, tells him 'Don't worry'50 weeks 6 days agoWorld has gone crazy, what
World has gone crazy, what about the paparazzi that took the picture of the pair of them and made money by selling his pictures???
What about the saboteurs I read about in the UK throwing tacks and oil on roads when sportives are passing through?
Its idiots that need abusing not fans of the sport!