- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week agoThe fact theres a MET Police
The fact theres a MET Police Cycle Task Force is laughable! It appears theres a unit or task force for everything these days - no wonder you never see any police officers actually plodding the streets!
- Eneco Tour - Stage 21 year 1 week ago1, 2, 5, 12. Not too bad.
1, 2, 5, 12. Not too bad. Green arrows today. Brought in Gilbert and Chavanal? At least one worked. When I watched the highlights I thought I might have taken out Demare. Wasn't expecting him to win. Brought in a couple for tomorrow, Phinney and Boom. Playing safe as this is more unpredictable and better than I thought it would be.
- Sexy top-end frames1 year 1 week agoThey are super awesome sexy.
They are super awesome sexy. But I'm not sure performance is as good as some of the others?
- Edinburgh Council leader Nice Way Code blasts bus ads1 year 1 week agoI like it when a council
I like it when a council leader is a cyclist. They should all be forced to cycle around their constituency to understand what it is like to be on two wheels. That way when they see something like the Nice Way Code they know what is wrong about it and where they should spend their time and money to actually help cyclists.
- Video: What happens when a TV helicopter gets a bit too close to a bike race?1 year 1 week agoAnything to win! Hover
Anything to win! Hover helicopters over your competition!
- MakeLab seek crowdfunding for bamboo bike1 year 1 week agodownfader wrote:If we candownfader wrote:
If we can "train" cucumbers and bananas with special bottles into a straight shape, can we not also develop a bottle to train the bamboo?
I suspect bamboo would just break the glass tube it's in, the stuff is unstoppable. Allegedly, folk due punishment were once tied on top of it, it can grow several inches per day. Ouch.
- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week agoLondon has a billion CCTV
London has a billion CCTV cameras, can't they simply follow this person around? I mean, as long as we have all our public activity recorded by the government, can't they use it for something helpful?
- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week ago.....I just jump on my bike
.....I just jump on my bike wearing trainers a lot of the time on Look Keo clipless pedals. Cleats are fine for commuting and training but do you really change pedals whenever you go to the shops? I must look like a thieving Hobbit a lot of the time then.
[[[[ Nope, I change bikes when I go to the shops. Mind you, I hear there is a bar-steward around who'll filch anything with two wheels and flog it quick for a score..
- Etape Cymru1 year 1 week agoYour food plan looks good.
Your food plan looks good. Stick with stuff you know to avoid unexpected upsets and excess wind along the way. You will get fed at the feedstations so whatever you take along will be a supplement or give you the chance to crack on rather than queue up. I'd take your usual stuff only in larger quantities. Gels, caffeine boosts or even jelly babies are good in an emergency if you feel like you are bonking but I wouldn't want to rely on them to get round a long ride.
Sticking the profile to your top tube is definitely a good idea, especially if you include the feedstations on it. It will mean that you can judge your efforts and not get caught out by any unexpected hills.
Enjoy the rest of your preparations and on the day, start slowly, finish strongly.
- Sexy top-end frames1 year 1 week agoritte! get one they are
ritte! get one they are beyond cool
- Good cycling books??1 year 1 week agoNed Boulting's new book is
Ned Boulting's new book is bloody great. It's all about life as a British road cyclist and all the idiosyncrasies that involves. Has made me giggle a lot. It's a pitch perfect book that really touches on some interesting and little known history.
- MakeLab seek crowdfunding for bamboo bike1 year 1 week agoA glowing article on some
A glowing article on some half-baked kickstarter? It's like I'm really on BikeRumor.
- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week agodifferent tyres to the
different tyres to the picture at the bottom?
- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week agoToo bad the thief did not
Too bad the thief did not come across these police men:
2.5 grand shopping bike? Come on, no one would like to be seen on such a cheap bike if he wants to go shopping in Knightsbridge. My advice: If You can not afford a 10k custom build, park at Victoria&Albert, walk over to H.
Before someone starts asking I'm currently riding the Brompton to work - in a business suit.
- Prime Minister announces £94 million of funding for cycling projects in England1 year 1 week agoNice to see CTC still does
Nice to see CTC still does good stuff. Its support for the nice way code had me worried that it had lost the plot.
- Video: What happens when a TV helicopter gets a bit too close to a bike race?1 year 1 week agoROFL
- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week agoPerhaps he was signed up for
Perhaps he was signed up for the !00 the next day. I did the freecycle on a half decent bike but left it with 2 ubolt locks and a heavy duty cable lock for good measure while I popped off to EXCEL to register. Half expected it to be gone when I got back. Obviously a less desirable bike than I thought!
- Bike stolen at RideLondon spotted being ridden by suspect in offical event photos1 year 1 week agoSideBurn wrote:
But this wasSideBurn wrote:
But this was a sportive?
£2,500 bike and no cycling shoes....
Would I ride a £2,500 bike down to the shops?
And if I did and a Police officer or someone else politely asked a few questions (as reported recently on this site), would I appreciate their interest/concern?
I am not suggesting someone attacks him with a baseball bat! If he said he had forgotten his kit (or other reasonable explanation) and decided to ride anyway then good for him...
I ride my trike to the shop all the time, Its worth alot more than that Trek, it has SPD pedals with platforms around them, so I often just wear trainers when only going a little distance
- FS: BMW Williams F1 Q8.R Bike, very special rare bike.1 year 1 week agoWell I can't provide pictures
Well I can't provide pictures of my bike, unless I printed out or published pictures somewhere online, I don't have any digital pictures from before 2008, that's when my usb hard drive with all my back up's died. Lost travel and holiday photos from a number of trips
- Lightweight launch Urgestalt frameset1 year 1 week agoLooks damn fugly.
Looks damn fugly.
- Two cyclists injured in latest case of aggression against riders in Midlands1 year 1 week agoIf you're stuck behind a
If you're stuck behind a truck / tractor / moped / caravan / Honda Civic on a country road, you just sit there and wait until it's safe. Why not, sit there and wait until it's safe to pass a cyclist(s)?
I don't see the difference.
Also, that photo in Rule 163 plainly shows that the Audi driver is not giving as much room as they would a car. Anyway....
- Etape Cymru1 year 1 week agoThat should be easy then,
That should be easy then, definitely no need for the compact chainset.
- FS: BMW Williams F1 Q8.R Bike, very special rare bike.1 year 1 week agoI find this forum post so
I find this forum post so bizarre.
2 posters stating they own and have owned the 2 variants of the bike but neither of them using pictures of their own bikes, just random google searches?
Anyway, who am I to question logic, I was just interested in knowing a little more about the bike and was a little surprised to see the same picture come up (the 1 in the room not the 1 with racing drivers ). All I know if I own/owned a limited addition bike I'd have plenty of my own photo's to use rather than internet searched photos?
- MakeLab seek crowdfunding for bamboo bike1 year 1 week agoWhy so st'pid?
F . A . I . L
Why so st'pid?
F . A . I . L .
- Video: What happens when a TV helicopter gets a bit too close to a bike race?1 year 1 week agoLOL, what an anticlimax of a
LOL, what an anticlimax of a finish.