- Building your own bike: Cannondale Evo SuperSix1 year 17 weeks agoYep its great building your
Yep its great building your own bike! Must dust off the Raleigh 531c framed bike I built back in the early 90s for a bit of retro road riding, well if I can still cope with downtube shifters and toe straps that is!
- Gear up for the Brompton World Championships1 year 17 weeks agoI think maybe an Optimist
I think maybe an Optimist towing a drogue would be of equivalent performance to a boris bike...
- Building your own bike: Cannondale Evo SuperSix1 year 17 weeks agoWarning - Shameless Plug
Warning - Shameless Plug Alert!
At Velotech Cycling we run courses in just this area - we put a lot of time into not only the "how" but equally importantly the "why", which helps if riders are considering doing more of their own repair work as well as the initial build - it's hugely helpful in diagnosing the "real" problem that you need to repair, as opposed to what you may "think" it is ...
We can offer courses in everything from basic wheel building through to frame preparation and both general mechanics as well as manufacturer-specific courses for both the public and the cycle trade.
Thinks - *wink* - it might make a fun installment in your blog, David ...
- Eddy Merckx's EMX-5251 year 17 weeks agoI went for a ride with him
I went for a ride with him and some guys from the factory a few years ago ... we'd been out for a couple of hours in the wind & rain and one of the guys who was out with us (and who'd been a notable absentee at the front all day) said something about "thank God we are nearly back" when we were about 2km from Meise, where the factory is. Eddy looked a bit ironic, and at the next junction ... directed us away from Meise & we did about another 30km with big Ted on the front all the way. Legend.
- The Cycle Show on ITV: what did you think?1 year 17 weeks agoI just got around to watching
I just got around to watching episode 2 - what an improvement that was. It's now settled a bit and not trying to do too much, in fact the pace was just about right.
If it carries on in this vein I'll continue to watch it. Well done to all involved for taking notice of audience reaction and constructive criticism.
- USADA accuses UCI of self-interest as governing body insists it should handle Lance Armstrong case1 year 17 weeks agoUSADA infringes his
USADA infringes his constitutional rights to do what? Take drugs and win races? I didn't realise that was in the constitution...
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 17 weeks agoMens Kierin: GER Levy
Mens Kierin: GER Levy
Mens Omnium: CAN Bell
Mens Sprint: FRA Bauge
Mens T Purs: NZE New Zealand 3rd 3pts
Mens T Sprn: JAP Japan 8th 8pts
Woms Kierin: RUS Gnidenko 8th 8pts
Woms Omnium: GBR Trott
Woms Sprint: AUS Mears
Woms T Purs: USA Yanks
Woms T Sprn: CHI China 2nd 2pts
#playing now for stage wins . . .
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 17 weeks agoRight then, scores/results
Right then, scores/results are up in a seperate thread.
- POC release Tempor time trial helmet1 year 17 weeks agoLok like the little turtle
Lok like the little turtle shells from Mario...
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling Scores1 year 17 weeks agoFriday
Team Pursuit M
Team Pursuit M
1 - GB
2 - Australia
3 - New Zealand
4 - Russia
5 - Denmark
6 - Spain
7 - Netherlands
8 - Columbia
9 - Belgium
10 - South Korea
DNS - Japan
1 - Pendleton (GB)
2 - Guo (Chi)
3 - Lee (HKo)
4 - Sanchez (Fra)
5 - Mears (Aus)
6 - Sullivan (Can)
7 - Krupeckaite (Lit)
8 - Gnidenko (Rus)
9 - Larreal (Ven)
10 - Vogel (Ger)
11 - Hansen (NZ)
12 - Kanis (Ned)
13 - Guerra (Cub)
14 - Shulika (Ukr)
15 - Panarina (Bel)
16 - Gaviria (Col)
17 - Lee (Kor)
NB, all placings below 12th get 12 points
Livestrongnick: 35 (awarded 10 points for Weite (GER) as she didn't race but Vogel (GER) finished 10th)
Raleigh: 42 (competing in 6/10 events)
- Poor Hugh Porter1 year 17 weeks agoI'm quite enjoying it. Makes
I'm quite enjoying it. Makes me laugh.
- Bike Food Pure Energy Gel (25 pack)1 year 17 weeks agoI don't BEE Lieve it!
I don't BEE Lieve it!
Yeah I prefer Bikefood products to ZipVit, the ZipVit gels are far too thick and sickly and you need a ton of water after consuming them. Bikefood are far lighter and more palatable for me...I always bring my wrappers home, even the bit from the top of the wrapper...might just get onto that website...
- Fantasy Olympic Track Cycling1 year 17 weeks agoOh dear, 12 points for that
Oh dear, 12 points for that then
Will try and get some points up in a bit.
- Girlfriend of Olympic bus death cyclist pays tribute1 year 17 weeks agoskippy wrote:i told theskippy wrote:
i told the driver i had recorded the incident on my helmet camera . The driver said i was wasting my time .
THIS is the root cause of most of the problems relating to road safety - a careless, utterly selfish attitude to the welfare of others. Especially galling when all it takes is a moment's thought and an extra few seconds when passing someone.
You should offer to swap places - you drive past inches away at speed, or rush up behind leaning on the horn and revving the engine, see how he likes it. Or perhaps he'd like to see the grief of a family first-hand at the funeral of the poor young man who was crushed by a bus this week.
- Bradley Wiggins commemorative stamp available by tomorrow1 year 17 weeks agoYes please.
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 17 weeks agomr-andrew wrote:Interestingmr-andrew wrote:
Interesting that the UK Sport forks all have a 1" steerer, and not the 1 1/8" or 1 1/2" we're seeing on all newer bikes. What do they know that we don't?
Only interesting to geeks like us but I would guess it is to do with weight Vs. durability Vs. aerodynamics.
Weight: less material overall in a 1inch set up (Smaller headset, narrower steere, etc)
Aero: I bet 1/8 or 1/4 inch shows up in testing in the wind tunnel.
Durability: The reason you or I don't see it. A 1 inch headset shares the riders load over less contact area than 1 1/8th or 1 1/4. They don't last as long. We want bikes and bits that last a reasonable amount of time, but with £23m quid in the bank between '09 and '13 UKsport can foot the bill of a few more headsets!
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 17 weeks agoHow about the organisers go
How about the organisers go out and buy a hundred supermarket £200 bikes, have the shop set them up, and send the whole field off on a time trial on those? It would be interesting to see how they make out.
The bikes could be donated to a charity like Re-cycle afterwards - if they ar still in any condition to be used.
Or, a boris-bike event? The course would obviously need to be a lot shorter to ensure it could be completed in daylight, but it would be interesting to see how fast the blue meanies can be persuaded to go. One would like to think that condition-wise they would still be fully functional (after a service), or you would hope so, considering how much they cost each.
- Can someone please Media-train Philip Hinde!1 year 17 weeks agoDon't believe everything you
Don't believe everything you read in the press.
- Bike Food Pure Energy Gel (25 pack)1 year 17 weeks agoThey are great gels, tried my
They are great gels, tried my first on a ride last week. The Bike Food energy drinks are good too.
However, I must point out that the gels are not suitable for all vegans, as many don't eat honey because it is produced by man's exploitation of animals. Enslaving bees apparently makes honey a no no for vegans!!
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 17 weeks agogreenrock wrote:An thoughtsgreenrock wrote:
An thoughts why he was running mechanical DuraAce instead of Di2?
His own perceived reliability..... Less room for issues maybe.....
- Wiggins' go-faster kit1 year 17 weeks agoAn thoughts why he was
An thoughts why he was running mechanical DuraAce instead of Di2?
- Olympic Track Day 2: Great Britain retain Team Pursuit title, Victoria Pendleton takes keirin gold1 year 17 weeks agoLoving the GB domination. All
Loving the GB domination. All ace, especially VP.
- Girlfriend of Olympic bus death cyclist pays tribute1 year 17 weeks agoLast wednesday as i was
Last wednesday as i was cycling towards Tower Bridge , i watched a Pullman Luxury coach brush past a cyclist . He had no helmet and was on an old mtb , obviously running errands . He had no chance to catch the vehicle , but when i did , i told the driver i had recorded the incident on my helmet camera . The driver said i was wasting my time .
Gave the cyclist the vehicle details and driver description , but he said it happens all the time in that neighbourhood ! Sorry state of affairs !
SAw Police vehicles driving on the blue paint that is the Cycling Super Highway this week in Wandsworth ! If they do , then so will " Jo Public " !
Boris you can hang from a high wire but you can't deliver safe Cycling routes ! Those you have created so far are pathetic and NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE !
- Bradley Wiggins commemorative stamp available by tomorrow1 year 17 weeks agoGoing to make the Post Office
Going to make the Post Office revenues soar in the next weeks with the amount of Golds being won these past days !
Wish the Aussies were able to jump start their " Gold Rush " before it is too late !
Looks like we will have to rely on the Paralympians to save our reputation as WINNERS !
- Girlfriend of Olympic bus death cyclist pays tribute1 year 17 weeks agoIt is very sad - turns out
It is very sad - turns out he's a friend of a friend.