- Sustrans boss calls for safer streets as survey reveals "truly shocking" extent of short-hop school runs1 year 16 weeks agoAnd by the way Sedgepeat the
And by the way Sedgepeat the roads are safer now than they have ever been! 4886 fatalities in 1926 to 1901 fatalities in 2011!
- Oversocks? In August? Surely some mistake1 year 16 weeks agoI hear people referring to
I hear people referring to rules, like above (rule 5?)
You may laugh at my next question, as it could just be people being sarcastic, but im fairly new to the road cycling scene. Is there actually a set of rules/guide?
As id like to, as much as possible, be a good cyclist who doesnt prevoke pointless road rage. Although sometimes we all know we cant do right.
- Sustrans boss calls for safer streets as survey reveals "truly shocking" extent of short-hop school runs1 year 16 weeks agoI hear what you are saying;
I hear what you are saying; back in the good old days when people believe children were safe, the reality was is was paedophile heaven. People believed that children tended to tell tales about adults they did not like. These days we realise that no-one is above suspicion and that children are more likely than not to be telling the truth. But in order to protect children from the highly unlikely chance of abuse/abduction we are exposing them to the very real chance of health problems due to inactivity. I believe that better awareness of abusers means that children are safer than ever. I have 4 children and do my best to keep them safe, but driving them everywhere is not the solution.
- Vuelta - Stage 11 (ITT)1 year 16 weeks agoAaaaggghhhhh
All my stzr itt
All my stzr itt guys did next to nowt. Waste of transfers. Well jrod is back in for martin tomorrow. #upset
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 16 weeks agoHeres my Pride and joy ( I
Heres my Pride and joy ( I need to get a better picture)
It weighs in at about 9Kg (I wish i could afford to make it lighter though)
2010 Specialized Allez 16
Look Keo max 2 carbon pedals
Fulcrum racing 5 wheels
Conti GP4000 tyres
3T carbon post
A few other bits too
- ID implants coming your way1 year 16 weeks agoyou know what I mean.....
you know what I mean.....
- Sustrans boss calls for safer streets as survey reveals "truly shocking" extent of short-hop school runs1 year 16 weeks agoThis has bugged me for years.
This has bugged me for years. Give the kid a brolly and make them walk to school.
- Sustrans boss calls for safer streets as survey reveals "truly shocking" extent of short-hop school runs1 year 16 weeks agoMore anti car anti driver
More anti car anti driver ideology. When will people get it? 20 Limits are counter productive. Drivers who would normally select a lower speed around schools and BUA will focus on their needle instead of the road where we want them focussing. When they do that they are more likely to miss seeing the child or sudden movement and like all limits pinch a mile or two too. And low and behold all over the country accidents are up 24% in these areas but so are average speeds too.
But why assume parents are being idle? The roads are now much more dangerous as its not 1912 anymore added to which the car & the van has allowed paedophiles to travel far and wide too. That's why schools are all barred up and gated in where known parents have to meet the kids. What's the point of all that if the kids are just going to be loose there and back. Are any of you parents? Have any of you got large families to manage? Well you sure can't do all that on pushbikes.
- Vuelta Stage 11: Kessiakoff wins, Contador closes gap on Rodriguez, Froome drops to third1 year 16 weeks agoI suspect riding the Tour
I suspect riding the Tour (and finishing second), the olympic road race and time trial are likely to have taken their toll on Froome. He's only human after all and the Vuelta is starting earlier and earlier nowadays.
- Thule launch Pack'n Pedal luggage range1 year 16 weeks agoSo, what do they weigh?
So, what do they weigh?
It's bad enough riding with all the weight of your luggage without another 5-6kgs just for the empty bags.
I changed a set of front panniers for a lighter weight pair and saved over 1kg in weight.
".....webbing straps rather than mounting bolts." Hmmm
That's the webbing straps that chafe and break is it? or slip?
- Flying while cycling1 year 16 weeks agoOh yes, the YouTube videos of
Oh yes, the YouTube videos of yesterday's flights in Gamera II are astounding. Sure, the pilot has to use handcranks as well as pedals but with a decent chainset I reckon we could eliminate that excess weight
In fact I asked if they needed more pilots and they said they always want cyclists who are "power dense" but they they didn't answer when I asked for specific figures.
- Eurobike 2012 - Colnago C59 Disc – First Ride1 year 16 weeks agoiamelectron wrote:Disc brakesiamelectron wrote:
Disc brakes and Shimano on a Colnago...WHY? WHY? WHY?
Because it's a brave new world and Campag are still in the1970's.The japs rule in the world of electronics.Wake up and face facts.You would not buy an Italian Computer/tv so think on.Face it Shimamo have cycle disc brakes sorted already because of m.t.b's and DI2 is just the best.With such a cutting edge bike you could not fit retro/tracter parts could you?look at Campags rear mech.It looks like a agricultural part from the farm.
- SKS P35 Chromoplastic mudguards1 year 16 weeks ago"a fixed bridge at the rear
"a fixed bridge at the rear and a sliding one at the front for better adjustability."
Shouldn't that be the other way round? i.e. sliding at rear, fixed at front?
I agree the other comment - they are never totally true and have a twist you can never totally get rid of.
One moan, why do they still use aluminium rivets. After a few seasons in the winter, the salt corrodes them and they fall out. Most of mine now have st. stl nuts and bolts or ty-wraps holding the stay bridges in place.
- Eurobike 2012: First look faves… BMC, Cube, Orbea, Casati, Giant, Kuota, GT and more1 year 16 weeks agoThat Casati looks like the
That Casati looks like the sort of bike a person could be very happy with. Smashing stuff!
- Vuelta - Stage 11 (ITT)1 year 16 weeks ago100 points i think. Very poor
100 points i think. Very poor day after yesterdays recovery
- Vuelta - Stage 11 (ITT)1 year 16 weeks agoOh well, that's Froome's
Oh well, that's Froome's hopes gone. I really thought he could win this race but instead of being an exciting attacking rider like Contador he's turned out to be more of a Wiggins, a big engine that can't handle real accelerations or quick changes of pace. I don't know if he's tired or whether the three Spaniards are just working him over or what, but either way he'll have to pull something out of the bag to beat Contador and Rodriguez now.
Fantasy wise, I did ok, hoping kessiakoff and intxausti are rare picks but my team is so obvious that I think plenty of people will have the same or better riders, expecting to drop more places
- Eurobike 2012: First look faves… BMC, Cube, Orbea, Casati, Giant, Kuota, GT and more1 year 16 weeks ago"Very organic even if at
"Very organic even if at first site..."
Probably best not to write articles for publication using predictive text and then not proof reading them...
- Vuelta - Stage 11 (ITT)1 year 16 weeks agoThats what is called a fail!
Thats what is called a fail!
- thefatcyclist abandones1 year 16 weeks agoCome on, come on, it's just a
Come on, come on, it's just a game.
- Wanted! 31.6 Carbon Seat Post1 year 16 weeks agoI have a Canondale C2 - as
I have a Canondale C2 - as new.
- Vuelta - Stage 11 (ITT)1 year 16 weeks agoWhen the likes of Purito and
When the likes of Purito and Valverde beat the likes of Martin,Castroviejo and Talansky in a ITT such as this,then I have to question why I bother to play this game.....Its not as if the three that I have mentioned have been working hard over the last 12 days or so...39k with a little lump in the middle...Tony Martin hang your head in shame.....
- Vuelta Stage 11: Kessiakoff wins, Contador closes gap on Rodriguez, Froome drops to third1 year 16 weeks agoWell he got that steak wrong
Well he got that steak wrong
- Eurobike 2012 - Colnago C59 Disc – First Ride1 year 16 weeks agoI commuted on a disc equipped
I commuted on a disc equipped Genesis Croix de Fer, and I came to the conclusion that simpler and self maintainable is better.
Chucking new blocks on conventional brakes is easy. keeping them moving is easy. Not so with discs.
Yeah so true I mean my MTBS have disks and I wouldn't dare to ride them in the wet and the grim and lets face it, servicing is such a PITA I need a F1 sized team of mechanics to do it...
- Eurobike 2012 Preview + video1 year 16 weeks agoAnything that isn't black
Anything that isn't black (or, worse, matt black), preferably titanium - anything new on the Van Nicholas stall - they've been promising goodness but no news on their site or social media gubbins.
- Eurobike 2012 Preview + video1 year 16 weeks agoI forgot to say. If you want
I forgot to say. If you want to see a road bike with disc's. Volagi are there, check them out