- Cheshire Mini Sportive50 weeks 6 days agoi do a sportive every ride -
i do a sportive every ride - and its free!
- Campagnolo drivetrain and Ergo servicing/moding50 weeks 6 days agoCampy 9 shifters are
Campy 9 shifters are rebuildable, and Campy does make a cam to convert the shifter to 10 speed, if you want to start buying other 10 speed drive line parts. 11 speed means new shifters.
Simplest is solution is to rebuild as 9 speed, and everything that you have will work (assuming it isn't also worn out.). Rebuild parts can be mail ordered from Branford Bike in the US. If you have a good local bike shop, that can work.
If you want the new 11 speed stuff, you'll be replacing everything, including front rings, and the chains require a different approach, too. There are benefits, but it's going to cost much, much more than a simple shifter rebuild.
- Chinese revolutions50 weeks 6 days agoSamShaw wrote:I once had aSamShaw wrote:
I once had a set of Aksiums and they rubbed a heck of a lot when out of the saddle. Ok, I was between 13 and 14 stone at that time so no lightweight, but the flex was more than I would expect.
Do you mind me asking what you weigh now? I'm just under 90kg, and have always shied away from this option for that reason. Will be interested to see how you get on, as would be a good way of getting some aero wheels for triathlon.
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Sky reveal Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix plans & how Lance Armstrong stories led to bullying of his kids50 weeks 6 days agogood to see Wiggo fired up
good to see Wiggo fired up again.
He's done Paris-Roubaix a number of times so knows what to expect; maybe he can take advantage if the likes of Boonen, Cancellara and Vanmarcke are marking each other...
Obviously, the new cyclocross world champ Stybar will be trying to put right what he lost last year.
Let's just hope the race doesn't get decided by mechanicals.
- Cube Litening Super HPC road bike50 weeks 6 days agoNice looking bar tape...not
Nice looking bar tape...not really feeling the bike though. Couldn't justify the price on looks alone...
Rich mans Canyon Ultimate SLX
- More from Core: New Fizik Volta saddle, Ergon, Guy Martin's Rourke bike, Brooks spanner, Nalini shoes, Endura clothing… a glowing pump and lots more!50 weeks 6 days agoI'm not sure why I would ever
I'm not sure why I would ever want a glowing bike pump especially at that price and it doesn't even replace a rear light? Whats the point
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Sky reveal Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix plans & how Lance Armstrong stories led to bullying of his kids50 weeks 6 days agoReally great to hear a more
Really great to hear a more positive Wiggins. It was awesome to see him win the Tour and I would love to see him regain top form again even if he isn't vying for a grand tour win
- Are drivers fitting dash-cams to catch naughty cyclists?50 weeks 6 days agoHi Road.cc
Well done for
Well done for exacerbating the tension between cyclists & drivers by continuing the Independent's sensationalism with your ridiculous headline.
- Minister rejects MP's call to scrap causing death by careless driving offence due to "misuse" by CPS50 weeks 6 days agoNeil753 wrote:Poor drivingNeil753 wrote:
Poor driving standards are difficult to assess, but there's one measure that could at least make a substantial difference to driver behaviour.
If I was "in charge", I'd like to see one day's compulsory unpaid work for each mph above the speed limit, and one day's prison for each mph above the limit if a driver has been caught speeding more than three times in a rolling annual period.
It's all about risk management. We know that walking too close to the edge of a cliff could be fatal, so we don't risk it. If we know we could go to prison for speeding, we wouldn't do it. Such a legislative change would inevitably reduce the incidence of careless or dangerous driving, whilst peeps work out what we're going to do with these hardcore idiots in our burgeoning society.
Rather than waiting for the step ladders, we could easily grab the low hanging fruit.
This, a thousand times.
I wish there was the political will to pull this off, but since everyone considers themselves a perfectly good driver (of course) and everyone knows they are sometimes, just sometimes, (read: very often to regularly) breaking speed limits just slightly by really only a few mph (read: 10 to 20 or more), they blame the thousands of road deaths each year on "that other guy who clearly can't drive" and don't want to be punished for what they think is someone else's wrongdoing.
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Sky reveal Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix plans & how Lance Armstrong stories led to bullying of his kids50 weeks 6 days agoGood to hear this positivity
Good to hear this positivity from Sir Wiggo - hope he wins on the cobbles
- Tour of Dubai Stage 150 weeks 6 days agoImpressive stuff from
Impressive stuff from Cummings
- Trek Project One competition: the shortlist50 weeks 6 days agoAre all these bikes with pink
Are all these bikes with pink in the colour scheme WSD models? If so, most of these were done by husbands/boyfriends, which is a bit of a cheek as the bike won't actually then go to the winning designer.
I'll be rooting for #12 then on that basis. Think I know of the entrant, don't personally know her, but I suspect she might do some "chicking" on it too.
- Reliability Ride proves a massive hit (UPDATED WITH LINK TO EVENT PHOTOS)50 weeks 6 days agoA non-competitive event and a
A non-competitive event and a link to results?
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Sky reveal Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix plans & how Lance Armstrong stories led to bullying of his kids50 weeks 6 days agoIn an unrelated matter - he
In an unrelated matter - he was on BBC News (the Yorkshire regional news whatever that is called) talking about how he was looking forward to it coming to Yorkshire and how he missed riding it last year and had to watch it on telly.
Im sure he said somewhere that he couldnt bear to watch any of it?
- Video: A (really) big day out in Colorado50 weeks 6 days agoWow I'm so jealous of this
Wow I'm so jealous of this bloke and the pure fact he's got time to do this, something he clearly enjoys and is passionate about. If life was like this for all of us wouldn't it be a pleasure.
Right all I need to do now is get the wife to work a bit harder and keep me in the life style I would like!
- UPDATE: Police looking into moped rider caught on cam trying to kick London cyclist50 weeks 6 days agoPost it on youtube with the
Post it on youtube with the number plate in the title.
Someone will recognise it and slash the tyres or put a brick through [his house] window. I would if I knew who he was!
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Sky reveal Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix plans & how Lance Armstrong stories led to bullying of his kids50 weeks 6 days agoThink they missed a chance to
Think they missed a chance to win Classics when they had Flecha, who always seemed left to fend for himself somewhat.
- Police take no action against moped rider caught on camera kicking out at cyclist's bike50 weeks 6 days agoNeil753 wrote:Whatever theNeil753 wrote:
Whatever the "difficulties" proffered by the Police, what we should be doing is funding not just civil action, but "paid for" social media campaigns that target the likely peers of the individuals concerned, the effectiveness of which is something that even the Police are starting to recognise.
And of course, each successful civil claim also helps to illuminate the decidedly curious reluctance shown by the Police and the CPS to secure a proscecution for the common good.
The CTC (Cycle Touring Club of GB) have a legal section to fight for cyclists cases in relation to other road users and bodies. It might be worth passing this onto them.
I have now seen the posts just above which state this in a bit more detail - sorry.
- Sir Bradley Wiggins & Sky reveal Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix plans & how Lance Armstrong stories led to bullying of his kids50 weeks 6 days agoWiggins was 66/1 last week to
Wiggins was 66/1 last week to win Paris-Roubaix. Wish I'd put a tenner on at that price, expect the odds to shorten now...
- More from Core: New Fizik Volta saddle, Ergon, Guy Martin's Rourke bike, Brooks spanner, Nalini shoes, Endura clothing… a glowing pump and lots more!50 weeks 6 days agoGot to love Guy Martin's
Got to love Guy Martin's bike.
- Trek Project One competition: the shortlist50 weeks 6 days agomy designs - so cruelly and
my designs - so cruelly and tastelessly rejected by the judges - like Darren's, reflected a number of deep and meaningful concepts, drawing inspiration from a well of cultural and historical reference and pursuing a post-industrial-neo-revisionist-rococo-punk-aesthetic that appealed both to the mainstream and the bleeding edge taste while simultaneously shifting, rotating, destroying and reconstructing the paradigm, thinking in 4 dimensions spatially relative to the box, exploring new avenues, challenging norms and asking the question "if I actually won, could I sell this on eBay?"
On the surface it might have just looked black with red bits but frankly, it's just as well it wasn't picked because you philistines clearly aren't ready for that amount of design genius yet.
- Jeremy Clarkson takes to the streets of London on a bike - but it looks like his hi viz is going back to the shop50 weeks 6 days agoYou have hit the nail on the
You have hit the nail on the head.That is what he thinks.He thinks we should all he driving super cars at 150mph badly like he does and anyone who doesn't agree with him is a green party lefty.He really is a shite driver.Seems to think oversteering in slow corners makes him look good NO Clarkson it makes you look like the total pratt you are.
- Trek Project One competition: the shortlist50 weeks 6 days agoI had a feeling the remit for
I had a feeling the remit for judging might be based not on taste, but on how much of the customisable stuff you used. So something with black, mint, yellow and pink with tassles on the bar ends would beat anything that anyone with any taste would choose to ride....oh, well, maybe next time.
I know I would prefer a free bike - but there's the other part of when would you ever use anything so hideous.....
- Roof boxes and bike carriers50 weeks 6 days agoJust take the wheels out and
Just take the wheels out and put the bike and wheels in the boot already.Secure no damage from clamps if it rains you feel all warm inside knowing your bike is warm and dry .
- Trek Project One competition: the shortlist50 weeks 6 days agoHow does a black on black
How does a black on black design get in the shortlist ?
or a blue on blue one... not much imagination there really is there - v.poor shortlisters! And my multicoloured creation is not even listed - how very dare you, that's it you're off my Christmas e-card list!