- Cambridge bike shop Howes Cycles to close after 173 years9 hours 28 min agoWhat a shame for the locals,
What a shame for the locals, they really ought to consider selling the business on to a.n. other. I suspect there's more to it than that, 'old fashioned' doesn't sell to modern trendies however experience does help.
We all gotta retire at some point.
- Five cycling front lights for under £509 hours 29 min agoMpittick wrote:To firstMpittick wrote:
To first comment, why don't you get positive reviews for cree etc lights from eBay etc? Think about who funds this website, I don't see cree funding or advertising here. It is therefore logical that these sites review sponsors products, as this is where income is derived. The cree lights are exceptional value for money for sure but you are not going to see them reviewed on this site, bike radar or any magazine
look out for our cree review coming soon
- Neoprene Gloves9 hours 30 min ago(they stink if you don't wash
(they stink if you don't wash them though)
- Neoprene Gloves9 hours 31 min agoi use the castellis and i
i use the castellis and i like them, but my hands run pretty hot so i don't normally need huge amounts of insulation. they're good for me down to about 3–4°, colder than that and i go for merino inners and outer shells.
are they better than cheap wetsuit ones? probably not massively, there's not anything hugely bike-specific about them
- Rapha to end Rapha-Condor-JLT sponsorship after next year9 hours 32 min agoSad to hear this news, they
Sad to hear this news, they have been a fantastic team and brought on loads of talent along the way. Hopefully someone can step in as title sponsor
- Northwave Extreme GTX winter boots9 hours 52 min agoMr. Rossi wrote:Any word on aMr. Rossi wrote:
Any word on a full road version in the works? SPDs are no good for me.
Why not? A pair of Shimano PD520 pedals and cleats are less than £20. Just stick them on your road bike in the winter.
Aesthetically pleasing? Probably not, but, if your in such conditions as to require this sort of footwear then being able to potentially walk properly is also important.
I do all my commuting, 20 miles each way, and winter long rides on SPD. For the summer I use SPD-SL.
Even if you only have one bike swapping over takes minutes.
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!9 hours 59 min agofor my height and the way I
for my height and the way I want it to look and perform I think its perfect!
- Cambridge bike shop Howes Cycles to close after 173 years10 hours 3 min agoI'm surprised Howes has
I'm surprised Howes has lasted this long, especially when one or two went out of business in Cambridge a decade ago when biking wasn't so hip, and since more have sprung up. There's Ben Haywards Cycles (Trek, Dawes; with workshop), which will probably be the oldest bike shop in the city once Howes closes. There's also a couple of Giant-suppliers and Primo Cycles (Cervelo, Parlee, Scott; with workshop). There's also Cambridge Cycle Company in Great Shelford (Genesis, Trek; with workshop). So plenty of LBS left to support for that region.
- Former Giro d'Italia champion Danilo Di Luca banned from cycling for life10 hours 6 min agoDear Dani
P*** off you
P*** off you deluded idiot
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!10 hours 10 min agoThink the third one is
Think the third one is something to do with dimensions......
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!10 hours 12 min agoone of my ambitions in life
one of my ambitions in life is to help people, people in need so yes I do help the under privileged people but donating £1 million a year to various charities! so I'm not exactly horrible haha and the bike will be special and one of a kind.... that's a promise! especially as it wont just be normal carbon fibre! it will be a special mixture...... but not telling what one
- Mark Cavendish says he may never ride Milan-San Remo again10 hours 16 min agoStrangely I'm more interested
Strangely I'm more interested in MSR, a race I've always fantasised about (more than sprint stages of TDF). I loved the old route, as it was a unique high-tension toss up between climber, attacking rouleur or pain tolerating non-climber/sprinter. That may be gone now.
I thought Ciolek's win this year was fantastic. I'll be less interested by grand tour usual suspects. Maybe I'm weird. But it was a best tactician wins race before.
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!10 hours 19 min agocjjones wrote:your obsessedcjjones wrote:
your obsessed with the canyon
Well with £200K to spare it couldn't harm to ask. It is always good to help the under privileged.
CJ, don't know which is the 'third one' but click on the awesomer link for more details of some funky carbon bikes and designers. The stealth aero bike with the angled tubes is particularly nice.
- Neoprene overshoes10 hours 27 min agoFor a commute of 30 - 45
For a commute of 30 - 45 minutes all you need is a pair of Planet X neoprene overshoes at £10. By the time you get to work the water will be finding its way through but, who cares, you're at work. A couple of hours on the radiator and they're ready to go again.
If you will be riding for longer then neoprene is not such a great idea but no matter which type you buy they all have a big hole at the top and your feet will suffer.
Best of luck.
- Former Giro d'Italia champion Danilo Di Luca banned from cycling for life10 hours 39 min agoSo who did win a time trial
So who did win a time trial at 60km/hr?!
Once is unlucky, twice is careless, thrice is stupidity!
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!10 hours 43 min agoI wanna see your bike
I wanna see your bike collection. You got a pic? Sounds incredible!
- Former Giro d'Italia champion Danilo Di Luca banned from cycling for life10 hours 50 min agoHAHA BRILLIANT! only because
HAHA BRILLIANT! only because its soo true!
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!10 hours 52 min agoI did want to involve them
I did want to involve them but they cant do anything/ don't want to as they have partnered up with BMC so they aren't interested!! but they do want to see the final finished bike before it is shown!
- Neoprene Gloves11 hours 23 sec agoI have the Castellis, and
I have the Castellis, and they've done a pretty great job so far this winter in Glasgow.
I'm not sure they'll do the job for a long time at zero degrees like you say, but blasting around the city in mid winter, normally wet, having sweaty hands has been a much bigger problem than cold.
The only time they've failed me is when I was at a market, and my hands got very cold off the bike. Once I put them on and started riding, they didn't heat up in them at all, and I've just ordered some thicker gloves for really cold days like that. However, times when my hands have been reasonably warm before I start, they've stayed warm very well.
The Castelli logo looks great, and the high cuffs are really useful, but I'm sure you'd get a similar result with other good neoprene gloves.
Hope that helps.
- Minister for cycling hints at cycling champion appointment, Chris Boardman wants "significant powers"11 hours 1 min agoThought it was recommended
Thought it was recommended previously ....
- Minister for cycling hints at cycling champion appointment, Chris Boardman wants "significant powers"11 hours 1 min agoHere's an idea, how about a
Here's an idea, how about a quango called Cycling Britain which would deliver joined up planning and offer a pool of cycling information that ministers & civil servants could access. It wouldn't be too expensive and would return great benefits to the country...
- Mark Cavendish says motorists should be presumed liable in incidents where cyclists are injured or killed11 hours 8 min agoPosh wrote:I've posted aPosh wrote:
I've posted a petition
For people too lazy to google, Here Is The Link.
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!11 hours 8 min agowhich one is the third one?
which one is the third one?
- a carbon road bike you design and make yourself?.... how hard can it be!!11 hours 21 min agoYES! I have! but I can only
YES! I have! but I can only use it 3 times on the bike, which is plenty!
- Former Giro d'Italia champion Danilo Di Luca banned from cycling for life11 hours 22 min agoYay! Lance has a new riding
Yay! Lance has a new riding buddy!