- When's too many bikes enough ?1 day 15 hours agoAh a Raleigh Record. I loved
Ah a Raleigh Record. I loved mine and spent many long summer days getting lost on it.
Sadly my Mum and Dad's gardener 'borrowed' it to get to their place due to his phobia of buses. He left their employ a week later with a bad back which made it 'impossible to walk let alone do any manual labour' and that was the last I saw of the Record.
Ironically, I saw the thieving b****** a couple of months later running for a bus!
- London vs Europe in row over cycling on high-pollution days1 day 15 hours agoFor anyone interested:
For anyone interested:
Defra UK Pollution Forecast
PS, links don't always work from the subscription email, you may need to visit the article page comments.
- Rapha launch Pantani jersey1 day 15 hours agoIncludes free bandana you
Includes free bandana you say? Is there also a stick on beard to complete the outfit?
- Bib shorts for the 'stocky'1 day 15 hours agoshuttvelorapide.com - sized
shuttvelorapide.com - sized for the 'Typical UK Sportive Gent', I am assured.
- Bereaved parents tell government not hesitate in implementing EU lorry law1 day 15 hours agoPM Dave thinks he's a
PM Dave thinks he's a cyclist, but he isn't really so the status quo will continue. We had the farce of the pictures showing him cycling being followed by the ministerial jag
- Surface 604 launch Element e-fatbike1 day 15 hours agoIf this was a
If this was a drivetrain-assist motor instead of a hub one I'd take it seriously.
- Cycle-friendly improvements to Bristol railway bridge forecast to annoy drivers1 day 15 hours agoI live here and more than
I live here and more than anything, this seems like a waste of money.
Yes under the bridge is tight, same with the current walk way, but most people just slow down and take care.
The traffic in the morning is shocking and constricting it any more is pointless.
IMO, the council is adding bike facilities for the sake of it rather than to the benefit of cyclists.
- Bereaved parents tell government not hesitate in implementing EU lorry law1 day 15 hours agoStill doesn't make sense.
Still doesn't make sense. Should be "not to hesitate". Grammar fail.
- Texas truck drivers arrested for killing cyclist and trying to dump his body in a ditch1 day 15 hours agoGruesome. Barbaric people.
Gruesome. Barbaric people.
- Bereaved parents tell government not hesitate in implementing EU lorry law1 day 15 hours agoHeadline amended, thanks for
Headline amended, thanks for pointing it out.
- Texas truck drivers arrested for killing cyclist and trying to dump his body in a ditch1 day 15 hours agoWords fail me
Words fail me
- Bereaved parents tell government not hesitate in implementing EU lorry law1 day 16 hours agoWorst headline ever on
Worst headline ever on road.cc. Completely ambiguous.
- Inquest hears of 40mph head-on crash that killed Junior Heffernan during Severn Bridge Road Race1 day 16 hours agoNothing to do with the race
Nothing to do with the race and the way it was done.
Sad to say it , but just like the chap who was killed just across the river, he pushed his luck and got it wrong.
I now both roads, living roughly in the middle and these incidents were just a case of the wrong actions at the wrong places.
Horrified out bursts about the sense of racing on the roads show no grasp of the way cycle racing works.
Go and check the % of racers killed. There are hundreds of issues in cycling alone that are more dangerous.
- Rapha launch Pantani jersey1 day 16 hours agoI simply don't get how Lance
I simply don't get how Lance is vilified when Europeans who did the same but were not as successful when the field was levelled by drug use are lorded? Either it was ok then because drug use was every where or they are all as bad as each other!
IMO it is over the top the way Lance is being treated (though I'm not a USA fan).
Jersey is not very nice, and I don't dislike rapha though Ido think you can get as good or better kit for slightly less hard earned cash. May be a yellow LA jersey would look better
- Bereaved parents tell government not hesitate in implementing EU lorry law1 day 16 hours agoPlease correct your headline
Please correct your headline as it suggests that the parents don't want the new law implemented - when what they actually want is for the Government to speed up implementation.
- London vs Europe in row over cycling on high-pollution days1 day 16 hours agoI continued to cycle through
I continued to cycle through it too. However, the Saharan dust only highlighted the issue as it was more visible. There was a worse episode of pollution two weeks earlier. What was telling for me was that several colleagues (who were not exerting themselves) were complaining about hayfever/asthmatic type symptoms which had not presented before.
Urban pollution is a serious issue that we bury at the altar of the automobile.
- Game Roster and Rider Names1 day 17 hours agoI can confirm that there is
I can confirm that there is no cyclist of that name on twitter. I found...
Your search - twitter @umbungointhejungle - did not match any documents.
- Pedal sheered from crank on SRAM Apex1 day 17 hours agoI've just asked for a new
I've just asked for a new crank. The pedal thread is in perfect condition. The shop said they've only seen this if the pedal was wrong for the crank.
- MEPs vote overwhelmingly in favour of safer lorries1 day 17 hours agoIt looks a lot like a truck
It looks a lot like a truck that appeared in The Island
- Carbon fibre engineer's advice sort after,,,1 day 17 hours agocarradice also make a
carradice also make a seatpost-mounted bag that might work for you:
these are definitely a better option than beam racks, might be a neater solution than a QR rack too if it's big enough to swallow the stuff you intent to carry
other option is a frame bag. Alpkit will custom make one to your frame dimensions.
- Carbon fibre engineer's advice sort after,,,1 day 17 hours agoI have two friends who use
I have two friends who use sestpost/hub qr mounted racks on their PX procarbons and have done with no issue for over 18 months. One of them uses a bolt through hub rather than qr, only m4 bolts, not sure of the hub make though.
- Rapha launch Pantani jersey1 day 18 hours agoI didn't like the idea when I
I didn't like the idea when I first heard about it, as I expressed on the forum, but I am ok with that, because it looks SH*T, cheap and tacky.
They could have done something tasteful.
- Mark Cavendish to skip Giro d'Italia to focus on Tour de France1 day 18 hours agoI hope he has some mountain
I hope he has some mountain legs then, Cali and Suisse are where the climbers go to prepare for TdF
- Game Roster and Rider Names1 day 18 hours agoI don't care what they want
I don't care what they want to be called. They could put their twitter name to "um bungo in the jungle" I'm not going to change it to that.
All world team riders should now match up to the UCI listing.
Conti teams will get done next week if I can find the time.
- London vs Europe in row over cycling on high-pollution days1 day 18 hours agoI cycled through the whole
I cycled through the whole event and never noticed a thing, except for a layer of Mr Cameron's 'Sahara' sand on the car parked outside.