- SRAM announces single-ring transmissions for the road2 days 2 hours agoIt is more interesting than
It is more interesting than comments imply. You should look at the ratios in 2x setup. Lots of overlap, depending on the rear ratios this could work well . The spacing needs to be consistent ratios, but you m ight find the jumps are nicely progressive. There is no weight advantage, but a significant price advantage overall.
- Dope pedallers nabbed smuggling marijuana in bike tyres2 days 2 hours agoShouldn't they be smuggling
Shouldn't they be smuggling fat bikes instead?
- Crash puts Steve Abraham's Year record attempt in jeopardy2 days 2 hours agoyeah but others will have
yeah but others will have injuries surely ?
- Dope pedallers nabbed smuggling marijuana in bike tyres2 days 2 hours agoAt last, a bike actually
At last, a bike actually worth more than £2k.
Shame the new Astana Team Model looks a bit of a clunker, don’t think it will catch on.
- Move compact gearset to a triple2 days 2 hours agoYou can do it but you'll need
You can do it but you'll need to swap the lot for best performance - levers, derailleurs, cassette and chainset. If the front mech is a band on then you'll need the seat tubes to be the same diameter or you'll need a new band or new mech. You may need to replace the bottom bracket if the one you have doesn't maych your chainset. I take it that both bikes have rim brakes.
- SRAM announces single-ring transmissions for the road2 days 2 hours agowhat ever the marketing
what ever the marketing department can come up with someone
will buy just so they can have the latest/newest wherever !
- Stat attack - has cycling really doubled on a road in Bristol since 2000? We doubt it2 days 2 hours agoDon't choose 2003 as a base
Don't choose 2003 as a base year, or it will show traffic reductions as
i.e bike traffic went down more than twice as much as all motorised traffic. Theres really little to be gained by trying to bullshit with statistics when they are there to be analysed in front of you.
- road.cc Metric Century Challenge 20152 days 2 hours ago8 Jan 1 Point 62.6m/100.66KM
8 Jan 1 Point 62.6m/100.66KM Total Points 1 Total KM 100.66 18 Feb 1 Point 62.3m/100.18km total Points 2 Total KM 200.84 25 Feb 1 point 62.5m/100.5km total points 3 Total Km 301.34 15 Mar 1 point 67.8m/109.03km total points 4 total km 410.37 9 Apr 1 point 62.4m/100.34km total points 5 total km 510.71 16 Apr 1 point 62.5m/100.5km total points 6 total km 611.21
- Crash puts Steve Abraham's Year record attempt in jeopardy2 days 2 hours agoianrobo wrote:Great to Steveianrobo wrote:
Great to Steve back and did 88K today, that must have been painful
Great news, but Tommy overtook him the other day and is now 700miles ahead. Some long days ahead.
- SRAM announces single-ring transmissions for the road2 days 2 hours ago"A 46-tooth chainring with
"A 46-tooth chainring with the 10-42 cassette in fact gives a slightly wider gear range than a 50/34 compact double with an 11-25 cassette."
And what about the gaps between two gears on the 1X? No thank you, maybe if they come with a 14x1, i'll think about it!
- Crash puts Steve Abraham's Year record attempt in jeopardy2 days 3 hours agoGreat to Steve back and did
Great to Steve back and did 88K today, that must have been painful
- Di2 Experts? Can I put internal Di2 on 2013 S-Works Tarmac SL4 ?2 days 3 hours agoThey should run internally
They should run internally just over the top of the BB, and you shove the junction box forward up the down tube. After getting everything in place you can then fit the BB and chainset
- Cycle path etiquette2 days 3 hours agoI would ride to the left, I
I would ride to the left, I was riding on the Spen valley greenway yesterday and one of the local plod was riding it on a scrambler bike, he was riding on the left.
It was nice to see the police patrolling it.
- SRAM announces single-ring transmissions for the road2 days 3 hours agoI really don't see the point.
I really don't see the point. What exactly is wrong with a double front chainring? Yes, you throw your chain every once in a great long while. So you put it back on, usually without having to stop pedaling.
- We have a winner in our Kask Mojito Maratona Special Edition helmet comp - is it you?2 days 3 hours ago'Workers Told 'Dress Down To
'Workers Told 'Dress Down To Save Energy'
OK, but I'm not sure how wearing a Kask helmet and a bib will save energy...
(well you - try & find a clean Helmet joke)
Colour Back - Size Large . Thank-You
black - Large Please
- We have a winner in our Kask Mojito Maratona Special Edition helmet comp - is it you?2 days 3 hours agoLooks the rear deal, would
Looks the rear deal, would look good on me.
- Dope pedallers nabbed smuggling marijuana in bike tyres2 days 3 hours agoI remember reading about
I remember reading about people stuffing tyres with grass when in desperate need in the wake of a puncture, but this is absurd.
- We have a winner in our Kask Mojito Maratona Special Edition helmet comp - is it you?2 days 3 hours agomedium black ta
medium black ta
- Contaminated incomplete cycle path between Bradford and Shipley finished... 15 months later2 days 3 hours ago"Bradford and Shipley cycle
"Bradford and Shipley cycle path which remained unfinished for 15 months with little Council communication is complete"
"...but it’s taken until halfway through April for the route to reach a usable point.
That’s not to say it’s completed."
I love you guys!
- Wahoo RPM Bluetooth 4 and Ant+2 days 3 hours agoI can't vouch for your model,
I can't vouch for your model, but from all accounts, some Garmin's only support combined speed/cadence units and not cadence only sensors. Older units don't even support Garmin's recent cadence only sensor that straps to the crank apparently.
Try here for compatible products: http://www.thisisant.com/directory/wahoo-rpm-cadence-sensor/
or here from the Edge 705 point of view:
- SRAM announces single-ring transmissions for the road2 days 3 hours agojamesfifieldjamesfifield wrote:balmybaldwin wrote:
at £230+ for a cassette you'd better not ride your bike too much
I don't see anywhere saying it would cost £230 for these cassettes: the spreadsheet costing has cassettes at £57 for Rival 1, and £80 for Force 1.
If you want the 10-42 cassette, then SRAM recently unveiled GX gruppo. The XG-1150 cassette costs £115.
Personally I don't think I'd want this unless I was riding a crit or a flat-ish TT. Otherwise I quite like the "Goldilocks gear" where my cadence can be "just right" for the effort and will therefore keep my double.
I am guessing people are using the mtb cassette pricing structure?
- Cycle path etiquette2 days 4 hours agoThe temptation is to say, the
The temptation is to say, the same as the rules of the road. However, this is worth a little read first - https://bicycledutch.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/a-bicycle-roundabout-that-...
Yep, even the Dutch can build bad infrastructure when they put their mind to it! In this case, the answer probably would be to treat it as any other roundabout, but we shouldn't needlessly apply the rules of the road where they aren't needed. The Dutch are quite good at ignoring the direction of many cycle paths with little consequence.
- Di2 Experts? Can I put internal Di2 on 2013 S-Works Tarmac SL4 ?2 days 4 hours agoCool thanhks guys, hampstead
Cool thanhks guys, hampstead bandit,by any chance do you know how I thread the power leads around the carbon bb? is there an easy way to do this? i cant see any holes in the bb shell to thread through.
- Stat attack - has cycling really doubled on a road in Bristol since 2000? We doubt it2 days 4 hours agoI'm happy I never had to ride
I'm happy I never had to ride to work along Gloucester Rd when I lived in Stoke Gifford. Even thinking about driving along it makes me shudder. I was very fortunate to have most of my commute either off road or through the Airbus site so no idiots trying to kill me, just low flying aircraft buzzing me
- We have a winner in our Kask Mojito Maratona Special Edition helmet comp - is it you?2 days 4 hours agoLarge in white please
Large in white please