- Edinburgh launches new bid to bring Tour de France to Scotland1 day 4 hours agoEdinburgh to Newcastle Would
Edinburgh to Newcastle Would be great
then some crap around london to keep the southerners happy!
- Chris Froome urges Yorkshire crowds to give Tour de France riders more room1 day 4 hours agoSaw some spectator take a
Saw some spectator take a shoulder from the rider. The spectator went down like a sack of spuds, but the cyclist careered across the road.
Kittel seemed to waving someone away at some point, and one of the Garmin riders was actively swatting away iPhones.
It's difficult. It is nice to see so many people watching the race. I don't think I've ever seen a stage packed like that before. The spectators want their moment, but with so many its hard to get the space. I'm glad nothing too untoward happened in the end, and no rider was exceptionally affected. I thought what transpired was pretty amazing all-in-all.
Actually, on one of the climbs where riders touches wheels, the peloton compressed and you could the bulge of cyclists pushing into the spectators, and some poor onlooker took a tumble backward down the dale, arse-over-tit.
- Tour de France Stage 2: Vincenzo Nibali wins in Sheffield and goes into yellow1 day 4 hours agoI got to ride Cote de
I got to ride Cote de Bradfield in the morning before it completely filled with spectators. I forgot how hilly Sheffield is even when it's flat haha
- Otley residents accuse Cambridge of putting on a 'flat and boring' Tour reception… though it hasn't happened yet1 day 4 hours agoI had a great day watching
I had a great day watching from Bradfield just outside Sheffield. The crowds were huge and the vibe was very positive. Keep it up Britain, show the french how good the tour can be!
- Edinburgh launches new bid to bring Tour de France to Scotland1 day 4 hours agoBeware of ACRE! The minority
Beware of ACRE! The minority organisation of NIMBYs that has disrupted the Etape Caledonia in the past.
[ACRE - Against Closed Road Events]
- Tour de France stage 21 day 4 hours agoJoelsim wrote:Aagh, just putJoelsim wrote:Argh... How shitty... that sucks... I hope Dave puts the 'Reset Button' up some day... It's a little crazy to have to wait to see if stuff like that happens before you select your next day's team... It adds to the excitement, but, argh, I feel fpr you... Where'd you hear?...
Aagh, just put Modolo back in and seen he has pulled out
- Otley residents accuse Cambridge of putting on a 'flat and boring' Tour reception… though it hasn't happened yet1 day 4 hours agoI rode along 20 miles of
I rode along 20 miles of Monday's TdF route last Friday and I'd say that all the villages I went through had bunting and stuff like yellow bikes scattered about, so perhaps the villages are getting behind it, just not in an in your face way like the northern types do. Pubs were advertising all day BBQ's and that sort of thing.
I thought it was pretty much the same as you'd get in France to be honest.
Also as it's going to be a Monday a lot of the general public, e.g. not cyclists, will be at work and wouldn't necessarily take a day off just to see it, so you wouldn't expect the crowds to be quite as large.
- Metric Century Challenge 2013-20141 day 5 hours ago11 Jan 1 Point 84.2M/135.51KM
11 Jan 1 Point 84.2M/135.51KM Total Points 1 Total KM 135.51
19 Jan 1 Point 75.3M/121.18KM Total Points 2 Total KM 256.69
02 Feb 1 Point 65.1M/104.77KM Total Points 3 Total KM 361.46
09 Feb 1 Point 72.2M/116.19KM Total Points 4 Total KM 477.65
23 Feb 1 Point 69.0M/111.04KM Total Points 5 Total KM 588.69
09 Mar 1 Point 73.1M/117.64KM Total Points 6 Total KM 706.33
16 Mar 1 Point 66.9M/107.67KM Total Points 7 Total KM 814.00
23 Mar 1 Point 74.2M/119.41KM Total Points 8 Total KM 933.41
29 Mar 1 Point 91.6M/147.42KM Total Points 9 Total KM 1080.83
30 Mar 1 Point 86.4M/139.05KM Total Points 10 Total KM 1219.88
23 Apr 1 Point 111.9M/180.09KM Total Points 11 Total KM 1399.97
27 Apr 1 Point 69.4M/111.69KM Total Points 12 Total KM 1511.66
04 May 1 Point 81.2M/130.68KM Total Points 13 Total KM 1642.34
05 May 1 Point 120.6M/194.09KM Total Points 14 Total KM 1836.43
18 May 1 Point 101.2M/162.87KM Total Points 15 Total KM 1999.3
25 May 1 Point 65.8M/105.89KM Total Points 16 Total KM 2105.19
26 May 1 Point 72.2M/116.18KM Total Points 17 Total KM 2221.37
01 June 1 Point 63.5M/102.19KM Total Points 18 Total KM 2323.56
08 June 1 Point 73.0M/117.48KM Total Points 19 Total KM 2444.04
15 June 1 Point 87.0M/140.01KM Total Points 20 Total KM 2584.05
22 June 1 Point 63.2M/101.71KM Total Points 21 Total KM 2685.76
30 June 1 Point 86.9M/139.85KM Total Points 22 Total KM 2825.61
1 July 1 Point 97.8M/157.39KM Total Points 23 Total KM 2983.00
2 July 1 Point 69.6M/112.01KM Total Points 24 Total KM 3095.01
3 July 1 Point 79.0M/127.14KM Total Points 25 Total KM 3222.15
4 July 1 Point 96.6M/115.46KM Total Points 26 Total KM 3337.61
- Enfield cyclists stage 'cash mob' - spending money to reassure traders cycle paths won't mean less business1 day 5 hours agoAt least they won't get any
At least they won't get any such objections in Kingston. No one likes that mangle of a gyratory systems whether they are on bike, foot or car.
People just fear change, and then it happens and they wonder what the fuss was about.
- Chris Froome urges Yorkshire crowds to give Tour de France riders more room1 day 5 hours agoI was watching it and for the
I was watching it and for the most part the crowd seemed very sensible, but the riders were quite quick to tell people off which is fair really. Looked mostly like people were blinded by looking at their cameras not the road.
- Edinburgh launches new bid to bring Tour de France to Scotland1 day 5 hours agoI think this new bid should
I think this new bid should start in Edinburgh, go North for stage 1, west for stage 2, south east back to Edinburgh for stage 3.....than back to France
- Chris Froome urges Yorkshire crowds to give Tour de France riders more room1 day 5 hours agoIt's been like this for so
It's been like this for so many years (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DwSICLGBI) why are they all moaning about it now?
- Otley residents accuse Cambridge of putting on a 'flat and boring' Tour reception… though it hasn't happened yet1 day 5 hours agoI've just got back from
I've just got back from Yorkshire, and I think they are right. The show put on by the Yorkshire towns was incredible. I walked around Ripon and the entire town (and environs) was decked out with bicycles, bunting, signs, pictures, ... you name it. A most impressive display which made me proud!
- Tour de France stage 21 day 5 hours agoYep
- TdF Stage 11 day 5 hours agoVV, luv, come on outside now.
VV, luv, come on outside now. It's time to leave the computer alone for a little while. You get so upset at those other boys on the internet. You get so agitated over how they treat in you in that bad forum place. I hate seeing you come out of the closet with tears in your eyes. Who is this Cav boy that upsets you so much? I apologize for my boy's behavior. He is so lonely around the house with nothing to do. I wish he had some good friends to talk to, but between me and the little chihuahua named 'Spartacus', whom the boy sees as an older brother, the poor little boy has no friends. I'm sorry. He's a good boy. He's just not that good around people. Very smart but very sensitive. I love him. Please treat him kindly if you will. The internet can be such a cruel place for such a lonely boy.
- Chris Froome urges Yorkshire crowds to give Tour de France riders more room1 day 5 hours agoDoctorDee wrote:"the majorityDoctorDee wrote:
"the majority of the spectators likely to go back to cycling hate in a few days"
After being called numptys and twats here, can you blame them?
I should imagine that none of them come on here or have even heard of road.cc except for Mr Penishead.
- Chris Froome urges Yorkshire crowds to give Tour de France riders more room1 day 5 hours agoI was at Holmes Moss today.
I was at Holmes Moss today. In my section there was no impeding of riders. The athmosphere was amazing. The crowds immense. Britain can be proud of this tour.( I am not British ). Such crowds will always include a couple of simple minds wherever the tour goes. Barriers are not the answer, and only punish the majority. Well done Yorkshire.
- Mark Cavendish crashes out of Tour after just one stage1 day 5 hours agoglynr36 wrote:mikroosglynr36 wrote:mikroos wrote:
He's a great sprinter but this time he got what he asked for.
Karma? How so?
Just a racing incident, happens in the bunch.
It's not just an incident when you can clearly determine who is to blame and when the same thing happens over and over again to the same guy, who clearly has no respect for the safety of other riders in the peloton.
- Tour de France Stage 2: Vincenzo Nibali wins in Sheffield and goes into yellow1 day 5 hours agoAn outstanding stage -
An outstanding stage - beautifully designed and such variety of terrain. I now want to ride the route myself - I'm sure loads of people do. If Yorkshire plays it right they could be on the cycle tourist roadmap for a long time.
- Chris Froome urges Yorkshire crowds to give Tour de France riders more room1 day 5 hours agoHang on a minute, we just
Hang on a minute, we just have had o e of the best 2 days of cycling thIs country has ever had, education is what's needed not strong words. It's the elitist cycling ego that's the problem as per usual here. You should be proud that cycling has had such a spotlight shone on it,I for one am humbled by the spectacle we have just seen. People can't help passion and having spent many years on the continent watching the tour I would vouch that we were pretty respectful.
- Niner RLT 9 cyclocross/gravel bike1 day 5 hours agoMy big issue with this one
My big issue with this one would be the price - you could quite happily get a similarly specced cross bike (if a kilo or so heavier) for a third of that, and from the sounds of it a comfier ride too. For nigh on three grand, I'd be wanting to spend it on a Ti frame and hydraulic brakes, or a tough ass carbon frame if I'm going like the proverbial off a shovel.
- Otley residents accuse Cambridge of putting on a 'flat and boring' Tour reception… though it hasn't happened yet1 day 5 hours agoThis conversation is one that
This conversation is one that should have taken place 12 months ago.
Bit late now.
- Tour de France Stage 2: Vincenzo Nibali wins in Sheffield and goes into yellow1 day 5 hours agoI was over in York for the
I was over in York for the start, my first time at a proper bike race after only ever watching it on TV. What an experience! Then headed to the pub, put my feet up and watched a genuinely exciting stage. Loved Froome using Jenkins to just remind people that he's not going to roll over, loved Garmin and Sky ratcheting the pace up and decimating the race. Then a fantastic move from Nibali to take a well deserved stage. Worse ways to spend a Sunday!
- Metric Century Challenge 2013-20141 day 5 hours agoDelete duplicate entry
Delete duplicate entry
- Tour de France stage 21 day 5 hours agoBit if a purists day today I
Bit if a purists day today I reckon?