- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 19 hours agoWell, I'm grinning, watching
Well, I'm grinning, watching him grinning.
- Tour de France Bikes 2015: Mark Cavendish's Specialized Venge1 day 19 hours agoA mountain bike saddle, in
A mountain bike saddle, in white
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 19 hours agoCried tears of joy to see him
Cried tears of joy to see him back in the saddle again. Inspirational.
- Garmin launch new Varia radar system + remote controlled lighting1 day 19 hours agoWould a mirror not accomplish
Would a mirror not accomplish most of this?
edit: OK so I didn't read the rest of the comments before posting - sorry.
- Tour de France1 day 20 hours agoTT > Sprint > Fleche Wallonne
TT > Sprint > Fleche Wallonne > Roubaix... not an easy stretch of days for minimizing transfers!
- Claris Upgrade1 day 20 hours agoI've used 2300 on my Allez
I've used 2300 on my Allez since I got it well over 3 years ago. Just like most other comments above it has hardly skipped a beat. I do occasionally consider upgrading to 105 but can't really justify it since my current setup works fine. Even the thumb shifters (which you won't have to worry about with Claris) mean I have to learn to anticipate my gearing when getting into the drops but since I'm not racing this isn't an issue either.
One thing you should think about as well is the cost of repair or replacement of parts after an accident. Thanks to an eejit being unable to clip in and stopping right in front of me on the road rather than just pulling over to the side, I came off my bike and damaged the rear mech hanger and STI lever. It didn't cost that much to repair but it was just one of those out of the blue costs I would happily have done without. It might be worth finding out if replacement parts for Sora cost more than for 2300/ Claris and if so how much more, should the groupset get damaged? Maybe that is something to factor in as well (and another reason I personally haven't upgraded).
- Server update1 day 21 hours agoBut I was going to put
But I was going to put Wiggins in for the ITT and couldn't because of the server update. Ended up with Lance bloody Armstrong in my team for today.
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 21 hours agoDue to one thing and another
Due to one thing and another I had been feeling a bit sorry for myself today- then I saw these videos and soon caught myself on. Awesome and inspiring stuff all around- I don't mind admitting I leaked a bit watching.
On a slight tangent though- only 7 comments before this one? If this had been about a cyclist being knocked down, a doping story or something to do with helmets this thread would be well into double figures before now- surely this is the kind of stuff that should also be attracting attention and reminding us just why we love being on two wheels.
- To vest, or not to vest1 day 21 hours agoI used to swear by the craft
I used to swear by the craft mesh baselayers. Recently I had bought me one made by Rapha. Its a cracking bit of kit and wicks beautifully.
- 5 years in jail for driver who was on phone when she killed cyclist1 day 21 hours agoShe did not plead guilty at
She did not plead guilty at any point
- No Hopers1 day 21 hours agoG. Van Avermaet 30.5
G. Van Avermaet 30.5
J. Debusschere 15.4
T. Farrar 16.5
J. Serpa 9.8
P. Voss 6.9
- 5 years in jail for driver who was on phone when she killed cyclist1 day 22 hours agoHalfWheeler wrote:EK SpinnerHalfWheeler wrote:EK Spinner wrote:
At least here in Scotland we are willing to find these people guilty and jail them
I'm not so sure, the RTA-justice lottery is every bit as erratic up here as it is in England.
I'm in agreement with HalfWheeler here. Too often do we read about slapped wrists here in Scotland.
This individual will not see parole as her sentence is over 5 years. The driving ban follows on from that which means that she won't hold a set of car keys until she's in her 50's by which time an enhanced driving test will be beyond challenging or all vehicles will be Google vehicles and all she will have to do is sit in the tin can and tell it to take her to her destination. While some of us call for a higher sentence the judge has probably started at a higher level then taken into account the guilty plea etc.
- Balance bikes buyers' guide & six of the best1 day 22 hours agoWe bought a wooden balance
We bought a wooden balance bike (Kiddimoto) and it hardly got used by both kids. We then bought a Strider and it's now used daily by the youngest. One thing that the reviews above don't mention is the minimum height of the child which is worth checking before purchase and the reason we went with the Strider.
I'm not sure it's worth the extra for a Rothan (although I am a fan of their Cnoc range) seeing as how brakes aren't really needed. I'm not sure I could bear watching £150 be thrown around a skateboard park with no consideration.
- Community order, driving ban and fine for driver who caused cyclist’s death1 day 22 hours agoAny driver involved in an
Any driver involved in an accident which leads to the serious injury of a cyclist or worse, should have to retake the driving test as a baseline penalty. An accident indicates there a question about the drivers competance and he or she should have to prove they are capable of driving safely. The only exception is if the cyclist can be proven to have caused the accident.
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 22 hours agoFantastic stuff.
- Which are the best cycling books? Help decide the road.cc People's Choice1 day 22 hours agoNot just the best cycling
Not just the best cycling book but the best book!
- Mechanical doping - the pro cycling story that won't go away1 day 22 hours agofatsimonstan wrote:Anthony.Cfatsimonstan wrote:Anthony.C wrote:
This story should never have been published if he refuses to name anyone, it's just free publicity.
Seriously? You really think this is not news?
You learn something new every day.....
Sarcasm ? The lowest form of wit.
- First look: Cannondale Slate Ultegra + Video, photo gallery, spec and full range info1 day 22 hours agoThis does not make sense:
This does not make sense: "Given that the frame also incorporates a Headshok anyway . . ."
There's no Headshok incorporated into anything. There's a Lefty suspension fork "incorporated" into the bike via headset bearings, if by that you mean to say that the bike is equipped with it. The frame has a head tube and a headset that might be able to run a Headshok, much in the way that much of Cannondale's line of bikes might be able to be equipped with a Headshok, if they chose to do so.
- ass-saver guard on a road bike?1 day 22 hours agoSpend the thirty quid mate.
Spend the thirty quid mate. Your bike and kit will love you and serve you faithfully. Those bits of flimsy plastic are a waste.
- No Hopers1 day 22 hours agoALEXIS VUILLERMOZ 16.6
ALEXIS VUILLERMOZ 16.6
SIMON GESCHKE 17.3
DANIEL OSS 16.8
LARS BOOM 20.8
ALBERT TIMMER 8.3
- Video: Trials legend Martyn Ashton Back on Track in film charting his first mountain bike ride since life-changing 2013 crash1 day 22 hours agoTotally class. Laughed and
Totally class. Laughed and cried right through. Martyn you're an inspiration.
- "That's no team bus ... " - Lego recreates Sky's Tour de France line-up (and Death Star)1 day 22 hours agoI love it!
I love it!
- Mechanical doping - the pro cycling story that won't go away1 day 22 hours agoThis is why it isn't
This is why it isn't happening in the pro peloton:
“Absolutely no ------- way. It would require too many people to be complicit; mechanics, DSs, agents. It would get out.”
Not to mention teammates, soigneurs, TV cameras seeing the h2o bottle that never comes out of the cage, the mere possibility of a crash and public, medics, ect getting their hands on an obviously motorized bike. It's too risky for even an idiot like Ricardo Rico.
Actual doping did/does happen in a very small, very tight knit world with maybe 2 other people knowing. Look what happened to Lance when the omerta ended.
- LAS Victory helmet1 day 22 hours agoMaybe smile next time.
Maybe smile next time.
It rather looks like this helmet is causing you some significant harm or shame.
- Optilabs Switch glasses1 day 22 hours agobikeandy61 wrote:My brotherbikeandy61 wrote:
My brother in law was praising Optilab at the weekend. he has been battling to find anywhere that could do any type of sport glasses with varifocal lenses. He couldn't praise these highly enough and that from Pete is high praise. They provided sample frames to try with free return postage (multiples) and were very helpful and efficient. Recommended.
Like your brother in law, I've been buying Optilabs cycling classes with variofocal prescription lens for some years. The ones I've had from them have been very good indeed, quite apart from the excellent after service they provide. I'd recommend them to anyone who needs prescription lens.