- Trek launches radically redesigned Madone + video1 day 2 hours agoAt £9.75k, a bike for bankers
At £9.75k, a bike for bankers if ever there was one - that is seriously TTP.
- Trek launches radically redesigned Madone + video1 day 2 hours agoFrom the article
From the article
For the Madone, Trek uses an aero outer tube shape with a tube inside that’s fixed in place only at one point: just above the bottom bracket. The inside tube is free to flex as you ride.
Not sure quite how to read this sentence or what the intent was. The Isospeed on this Madone has a tube pivot in exactly the same place as the Domane and Boone however - where the top tube intersects the seat post. Edit: That's the second fixed point (apart from the bottom bracket), but the tube can flex and 'rotate' around it.
- Shusanah Pillinger becomes first British woman to complete Race Across America solo1 day 3 hours ago'Mummy'. Chapeau indeed
'Mummy'. Chapeau indeed though. Incredible achievement.
- Cannondale unveils all-new SuperSix Evo road bike + video1 day 3 hours agoAll marketing BS aside I
All marketing BS aside I really like the Hi-Mod Team, it was between a Hi-Mod Team, Nano or a Cipollini RB 0.8k when I renewed my steed.... Cipo won but still love Evo's. I don't like aero bikes or bikes with 'womens' sloping top tubes, my opinion, and it wouldn't do for us all to like the same thing now would it?
- when / do you change your skewers (QR etc)?1 day 3 hours agobechdan wrote:Alu/alloy orbechdan wrote:
Alu/alloy or steel?
They're a mix of steel and alloy with internal cams.
- Great cycling deals on a Shimano 105 groupset, Continental tubes + heat-beating bits1 day 3 hours agoAgreed, if you buy 10+ from
Agreed, if you buy 10+ from Ribble, you can get the Conti tubes for a fair bit less than that price.
- Great cycling deals on a Shimano 105 groupset, Continental tubes + heat-beating bits1 day 3 hours agoThat saving almost gives you
That saving almost gives you enough to buy one of those inner tubes...
Although I've seen cheaper, decent tubes for less as well.
- Trek launches radically redesigned Madone + video1 day 4 hours agofreebsd_frankfreebsd_frank wrote:
Centre-pull brakes were useless. It's why they came up with dual-pivot brakes.
No, centre pivot side pull brakes were not as good as old (good) centre pull brakes. That's why they came up with dual pivot brakes which are effectively centre pull brakes with the arms offset to one side.
- New Strava video celebrates common rituals of cycling1 day 4 hours agoI loved it! Haven't ridden
I loved it! Haven't ridden for 10 days since a grim crash on Dartmoor, aching to get back out there.
- Video: Cyclist punches prone rival at end of bike race1 day 5 hours agoLet's hope the USA Cycling
Let's hope the USA Cycling investigation bans him for life. I'd rather get beaten on the bike by an ex-pro who's hopped up on EPO than have a douche like this guy actually start a fight.
- Trek launches radically redesigned Madone + video1 day 5 hours agoI'm sorry, but I don't care
I'm sorry, but I don't care how fast that bike is, it's freaking ugly! The last Madone looked nice, and some aero bikes look nice ... but this one takes the cake for bad looks.
- Getting back on after a crash.1 day 5 hours agoGive yourself plenty of time.
Give yourself plenty of time. It can take years to recover sometimes, and it's important to have that kind of patience.
- Carbon Cycles eXotic Carbon 2014 Matrix Flat Top Road Bar1 day 5 hours agohttps://www.bike-components.d
Why not this one? Stiff, comfortable, RHM shape..
Or slightly cheaper another Italian "noname" company (3t? )
Ritchey also has cheaper&stiffer&more comfortable shaped bars
Never liked the anatomic shape anyway.. :)
- Great cycling deals on a Shimano 105 groupset, Continental tubes + heat-beating bits1 day 5 hours agoI'd look around ribble for
I'd look around ribble for sure
- Cannondale unveils all-new SuperSix Evo road bike + video1 day 6 hours agoMust be Mad wrote:As aMust be Mad wrote:
As a Cannondale owner, and someone who has Cannondale bikes all over my 'want list' ........
For all the good will in the world, this does does look like Cannondale taking the old bike, giving it a new paint job, and then announcing "Look, New Bike, and its X % stiffer! Y % more complaint Z % more aero U% more comfort."
It almost seems a pastiche of other 'new bike press releases'.
Perhaps I should not be so negative. Given how much I love the traditional look of the old Evo, a 'slightly improved' new model which looks much the same is probably better to cope with than if Canondale hod gone the full aero on this...
I guess looking at the bike from a distance it looks the same. But almost every tube shape is new and looks even more refined than the current EVO, especially around the BB juntion. I really like the look of the EVO in general, glad they did not change it, still the most classic looking carbon race bike.
I'm sure Cannondale will release a full aero bike in the future, since they hired Damon Rinard. That bike is probably for 2017/18.
- Getting back on after a crash.1 day 7 hours agoCrashes happen, broken
Crashes happen, broken collarbones, and scaphoid fractures are very common injuries, with a bike crash. If you leave getting back on the bike too long, you will start finding more and more excuses, to not get back on, before you know it, you'll be out of condition, and struggling to justify riding a bike. That's the start of a very slippery slope.
- Advice on a 2k sportive bike1 day 7 hours agoGet the Ribble, the geometry
Get the Ribble, the geometry will be pretty similar to the Cannondale. The groupset and wheel set on the Ribble will more than compensate, for any shortcomings in the frame.
- Tour of Cambs makes dreams come true1 day 8 hours agoNice. to see the Ives kit
Nice. to see the Ives kit too.
- Trek launches radically redesigned Madone + video1 day 8 hours agoNot familiar with OCLV 600 &
Not familiar with OCLV 600 & 700 carbon,
but the number makes me to remember the Toray T600 & T700...
Are they the same?
- JetBlack WhisperDrive trainer1 day 9 hours agoWish the Wahoo Kickr was
Wish the Wahoo Kickr was quieter, like this.
130/135mm adjustment widget isn't a tight enough fit so it creaks on every pedal stroke when you put in more than say 250W. The main noise problem though is the rubber drive belt used internally between the flywheel and rear drive connection. The flywheel cog for the belt is so small in diameter it causes noise and there is not enough adjustment either. Everything else is brilliant.... wonderif JetBlack and Wahoo could work together to make the Kickr quieter???
- Stop Killing Cyclists stage vigil at ‘murderous’ junction1 day 9 hours agoI was there last night. Great
I was there last night. Great turnout and a worthy cause but I think the duration of the blockage (40 minutes?) risks turning wider opinion against us (further against us?). There aren't many tipper lorries around at 6pm but there's thousands of people on buses trying to get home. I'm not sure how sympathetic they'd have felt after an extra hour on a sweltering bus.
- Video: Jeremy Vine - having a camera is safer than wearing a helmet in London1 day 10 hours agoCambridgeshire plod DGAF so
Cambridgeshire plod DGAF so don't waste your time.
- B'Twin 900 Sport Saddle1 day 10 hours agostukelly144 wrote:as usualstukelly144 wrote:
as usual out of stock......
In stock for me.
- when / do you change your skewers (QR etc)?1 day 10 hours agoThe skewers directly aren't
The skewers directly aren't under all that much force though are they, just a bit of tension and unless tightening with a machine like grip, they aren't going to get fatigued...
- Can you race on a £450 bike?1 day 10 hours agoSuperPython59 wrote:expensiveSuperPython59 wrote:
expensive bike, all the team replica gear, helmet etc and still ride on the frigging footpath..grrrr
I've done that, on purpose, with borrowed / cheap deal FPWK / bike, just to wind up the 5 seconds of summer / golfy douche bags. It really seems to stress them out, fuck knows why .