- Genetic Carbon Micro Fender1 day 41 min agoI was looking at motorbikes
I was looking at motorbikes the other day which use this approach and wondered if the same principle could be applied to bikes - now I know.
- Bradley Wiggins' Beard wins SPOTY 20141 day 42 min agoNo one cares to comment in
No one cares to comment in 24hours?! It is magnificent. Look at impressed this pensioner is:
- Video: Boris bike vs Mont Ventoux1 day 43 min agoWonderfully insane. Donation
Wonderfully insane. Donation given.
- Genetic Carbon Micro Fender1 day 44 min agoI'd want the full works for
I'd want the full works for that amount of WONGA !
- Parker International closes website1 day 47 min agoUsed them a couple of times.
Used them a couple of times. Plenty of bargains amongst the often pricier items.
Service was always good though
- Italian ex-pro Roberto Gaggioli claims Lance Armstrong paid him $100k to throw race1 day 48 min agoMmm, panettone. What a
Mmm, panettone. What a wonderful Christmas story. Lance as Robin Hood, taking money from the evil corporate sponsors and giving it back to his fellow riders. Bless you one and all.
- Course announced for 2014 road world championships1 day 54 min agoI reckon the World Champs on
I reckon the World Champs on the Odd Down circuit would be insane! Sure it'd be only 200 laps!
- Bristol speed cameras to be reactivated1 day 56 min agoPortex wrote:A 20mph limit isPortex wrote:
A 20mph limit is fine provided it is rigorously enforced which it hasn't been up to now. And while we're at it why not also enforce the "no phone use while driving" rule.
+1 for that. I'm still surprised by how many people drive around with a phone welded to their ear - no doubt encouraged by a near absence of enforcement.
- Pregnant woman blames collision with elderly cyclist on kicking from unborn baby1 day 1 hour agoThe sad thing about
The sad thing about cyclingDMlondon was that he claimed to be a solicitor yet slags off the profession he purportes (?) to represent.
A bit of a walter mitty in my honest opinion.
- Video: Boris bike vs Mont Ventoux1 day 1 hour agoChapeau!! No mean feat and a
Chapeau!! No mean feat and a great short film.
For gear nerds a Boris bike apparently has the equivalent of 38T up front and 23T at the rear (Nexus 3 speed) giving you 44.9 gear inches. Not an incredibly bad ratio on a lightweight but on a bike weighing around 3 times as much as a UCI approved Tour bike it's no mean proposition!
- Chris Froome says he and Bradley Wiggins have settled their differences1 day 1 hour agostealth wrote:Off topic, butstealth wrote:
Off topic, but I'm not sure that Spike Milligan was British. I seem to recall that he had been applying for citizenship for years but hadn't been granted it, somebody tried to give him an MBE/OBE/Knighthood, Spike then had to let them know that he couldn't accept it. Maybe the situation changed after that...
'Sir' Bob Geldof is another matter entirely....
Spike Milligan was born in India of English/Irish parentage. He claimed Irish nationality when he was declared stateless by the British, even though he had served in the British Army during WWII, as he would not swear an oath of allegiance to get his passport.
He was appointed CBE in 1992 and KBE in 2000, both honorary as he was an Irish citizen.
Bob Geldof is a knob and unfit to wipe the shoes of Spike Milligan.
- Insurer outlines to lorry owners the dangers cyclists face1 day 1 hour agoI think as a list of likely
I think as a list of likely risks it's pretty accurate and balanced; I've been affected by all of those at some point and see plenty of examples of them on the commute. Maybe stating the obvious (to us) will help it sink in to those driving dangerous vehicles.
- Genetic Carbon Micro Fender1 day 1 hour agoThe mudguard equivalent of
The mudguard equivalent of turning up to a sunday club run in aero bootie covers?
- Getting a bike fit at Paul Hewitt Cycles1 day 1 hour agoThat reminds me of my fitting
That reminds me of my fitting for my Cheviot that I bought 10 years ago. No rushing, plenty of sensible advice, and left feeling I'd bought a really special bike with every component discussed and considered for me. I still enjoy riding the bike 10 years on.
I recently bought a new bike from a local dealer who barely spent 5 minutes measuring up my existing bike for comparison, and didn't seem interested in my purchase; maybe I should have headed back up the M6 back to Hewitt cycles!
- Genetic Carbon Micro Fender1 day 1 hour agoPointless, expensive and will
Pointless, expensive and will still result in you getting nearly as wet as no mudguards. I'll pass thank you.
- Is Wiggle in some sort of trouble?1 day 1 hour agoWiggleAl'76 wrote:
Not sure, think they might be evolving into the Halfords of online cycling retailing (I appreciate Halfords have a website....
I think there is something in this - I think the big H has rattled them a bit. I still find Wiggle more convenient though if not necessarily cheaper.
Can the person who received my Haribo in error please pm them to me
- Italian ex-pro Roberto Gaggioli claims Lance Armstrong paid him $100k to throw race1 day 1 hour agoWith the sheer amount of
With the sheer amount of people coming out saying they got paid x amount for this $1m prize it looks like Lance probably struggled for the bus fare home after it.
- Make cycle awareness part of driving test, says top motoring journalist1 day 1 hour agoyes yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes this needs doing ...
- Clear glasses recommendation...1 day 1 hour agoI use Bollé safety glasses -
I use Bollé safety glasses - tinted, clear or anti-flash - from work, but plenty on eBay/ Amazon or Screwfix/Toolstation for £7 a pair. No tears when get broken/scratched/lost.
- Parker International closes website1 day 1 hour agoHow odd - I bought stuff from
How odd - I bought stuff from them in the past, and went to school in Newport in the 90's and had no idea they started out there ...
- Video: Boris bike vs Mont Ventoux1 day 1 hour agoDamn. That trumps my idea of
Damn. That trumps my idea of taking a Boris Bike down to G10/42 for a 10 - and by a long way. Still, it makes you proud to be British.
- Genetic Carbon Micro Fender1 day 1 hour agojoke
- Genetic Carbon Micro Fender1 day 1 hour ago(No subject)
- Video: Boris bike vs Mont Ventoux1 day 1 hour agoNutter - you glorious nutter!
Nutter - you glorious nutter!
- Wheelsets - the basics?!1 day 1 hour ago+1 for s/h Aksiums at £100.
+1 for s/h Aksiums at £100.
I upgraded no-names to those and noticed a significant difference on my bike then went to RS80s and noticed a smaller and more expensive difference.
But before wheels sort tyres. I took nearly 400g off the weight of my bike by swapping out the original wire bead tyres for less than £50 and guess what, they still fit on the new wheels....