• La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 day 1 hour agoI'm in. Rodriquez, L L

    I'm in.

    Rodriquez, L L Sanchez and Hernandez please

  • USA Bro Challenge. Stage Four.1 day 1 hour agoWhere are danielson's 5 bonus

    Where are danielson's 5 bonus points for viviani's stage win?! Wink

  • Potholes1 day 1 hour agoIt's no hardship, higher

    It's no hardship, higher pressure suits me.

  • upgrading an old drivetrain1 day 2 hours agoVeeman, I doubt your wheels

    Veeman, I doubt your wheels will last another 10-15 years if you ride much, so assume that fairly soon you'll have to add the cost of wheels to the $700 you are planning to spend.

    I'm not saying you're crazy to want to replace the whole component set, I just wouldn't take that approach unless the frame is special for some reason. I would replace whatever needs to be replaced, maybe ride it a few more years and sell it, or just sell it now.

    If you assume replacement wheels are $250 and your other parts are $700, you're up to $950 already. Add to that whatever you think you could get if you give the bike a bath and sell it. That's already approaching the price of a discounted new 105 carbon bike, or a nice used bike much newer than your Kestrel.

  • Cool reception for "hugely complicated" London segregated roundabout plan1 day 2 hours agoCan't see why the hysteria

    Can't see why the hysteria because it's not "Dutch". There appears to be a growing presumption that if the dutch do it then it's perfect, a assumption that at times verges on dogma.

    There is nothing wrong with this design, it's logical , easy to follow and, with the use of lights, most conflicts have been designed out. If you can't figure out which lights to look at you shouldn't be on the road, or frankly let out on your own

    Where's the problem?

  • La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 day 3 hours ago25.8 Daniel Moreno 11.5 Mikel

    25.8 Daniel Moreno
    11.5 Mikel Landa
    12.7 David Arroyo

  • Transcontinental Race: Stelvio Pass, third time mucky1 day 4 hours agoI never used those rules in

    I never used those rules in the first place, but I'm probably in the minority. Litter is a true bane, so well done. And crazy missions are some of the best.

  • Bigger field for 2015 RideLondon 100 to make it Europe's biggest sportive1 day 6 hours agoJonathan Knight wrote:After

    Jonathan Knight wrote:
    After downloading all of the times from their web site to see where I came, there were around 6,000 entries with no times against them, so 7,000 non-starters for a bigger field is probably about right.

    @Jonathan Knight, please can you tell me where I can download all the results for Ride London? On the official website the best you can view is 100 at a time. I would love to find out my 'percentile' result as this is the only estimate I can compare last year with this as the course and weather was so different.

  • La Vuelta...1 day 7 hours agoThe bookies are offering

    The bookies are offering young rider, just not Each Way.

    So I take it there aren't any young rider points in this competition then? Says there are on the scoring info pages.

  • La Vuelta...1 day 7 hours agoJoelsim wrote:Trying to find

    Joelsim wrote:
    Trying to find an EW bet on him for young rider but none of the bookies offering for some reason.

    Probably because there is no "best young rider classification" at the Vuelta.

    The 4 jerseys are GC, Points, KOM and combination classification.

  • Garmin-Sharp and Cannondale Pro Cycling join forces for 20151 day 8 hours agoredmeat

    redmeat wrote:
    Cannondale-Slipstream?

    Slipondale Day Dreaming

    Next year's team photo

  • Bigger field for 2015 RideLondon 100 to make it Europe's biggest sportive1 day 8 hours agopwake wrote:andyp wrote:£58

    pwake wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    £58 for a 160km ride.

    £5 for a 400km ride.

    Decisions, decisions....

    http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-347/

    Seems there's plenty of people willing to pay it and it's all relative isn't it?
    My wife and I rode the inaugural event last year. With airfare from the USA and a weeks hotel/meals in the UK it certainly wasn't the cheapest century we've ever ridden. But as we rode it together in celebration of my wife surviving cancer earlier that same year, I think the word best used to describe the feeling of crossing the line together in The Mall is... Priceless.

    Exactly and well said. Now we can say no more

  • How fast is a Categorised race(r)?1 day 9 hours agoover a 2 hour period I am

    over a 2 hour period I am solo-ing about 25kph.... Crying
    sod the racing malarkey I'm off for a mars bar supper and a litre of Irn-Bru...

  • Cool reception for "hugely complicated" London segregated roundabout plan1 day 9 hours agovanmildert wrote:First effort

    vanmildert wrote:
    First effort as in future years we will hopefully develop it to make it better. The people that design these things are not idiots.

    1 - We will live with today's mistakes for decades. Solutions are proven and available in a number of countries. A 'first effort' is both unnecessarily dangerous and financially wasteful

    2 - I refer to the new Elephant and Castle layout. Yes, they are idiots, and right there you have lots of money wasted to prove that exact point

  • Cool reception for "hugely complicated" London segregated roundabout plan1 day 9 hours agozanf wrote:vanmildert

    zanf wrote:
    vanmildert wrote:
    Not sure you need to resort to abusive language in your post- discredits your point I'm my opinion.

    My language was neither abusive, nor aimed at you. Please do not think it was.

    vanmildert wrote:
    First effort as in future years we will hopefully develop it to make it better.

    Unfortunately, we can not allow huge swathes of money to be spent on half baked schemes that are 'valiant attempts' at thinking of cycling provisions, and hope that they get better in the future. I absolutely refused to put up with second best. Too many people have been killed on the roads because of shoddy, negligently planned infrastructure.

    As the saying goes: measure twice (or thrice), cut once.

    As I said before, the additional issues this design introduces, and fails to solve from the current situation, have been dealt with elegantly by engineers in other European countries. If the planners had actually spent a short amount of time examining those solutions, and had correctly prioritised vulnerable road users, we would not be looking at this joke.

    vanmildert wrote:
    The people that design these things are not idiots.

    Unfortunately, that is not true.

    I know someone who works within Surface Transport in TfL and if you heard some of the stories they have told about the 'discussions' had with engineers about provisions for cycling in upcoming infra designs, you would march to the offices at Southwark and wring their bloody necks.

    We have engineers planning our roads that are stuck in the era of Ernest Marples, where they need to get in the era of the likes of Jan Gehl.

    I'm just saying surely it is better to have something than nothing, start somewhere rather than not start at all, which as far as I can see is the current situation.

  • Half The Road (FREE Screening)1 day 9 hours agoFAIL...... Change of plans

    FAIL......

    Change of plans for me, the screening is still on, but I am off to Ireland to crew for Hoppo on Race Around Ireland Applause

  • Bigger field for 2015 RideLondon 100 to make it Europe's biggest sportive1 day 10 hours agoandyp wrote:£58 for a 160km

    andyp wrote:
    £58 for a 160km ride.

    £5 for a 400km ride.

    Decisions, decisions....

    http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-347/

    Seems there's plenty of people willing to pay it and it's all relative isn't it?
    My wife and I rode the inaugural event last year. With airfare from the USA and a weeks hotel/meals in the UK it certainly wasn't the cheapest century we've ever ridden. But as we rode it together in celebration of my wife surviving cancer earlier that same year, I think the word best used to describe the feeling of crossing the line together in The Mall is... Priceless.

  • Quiz: which cycling brand are you?1 day 10 hours agoIt says Altura but that's not

    It says Altura but that's not right; it's mostly Lidl for me!

  • La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 day 10 hours agoJ Rod Landa Mas

    J Rod
    Landa
    Mas

  • Cool reception for "hugely complicated" London segregated roundabout plan1 day 10 hours agovanmildert wrote:The people

    vanmildert wrote:
    The people that design these things are not idiots.

    Well they're not doing a particularly good job of demonstrating that.

  • La Vuelta...1 day 10 hours agoTrying to find an EW bet on

    Trying to find an EW bet on him for young rider but none of the bookies offering for some reason.

  • How fast is a Categorised race(r)?1 day 10 hours agoFlipping heck Tiffin.... I

    Flipping heck Tiffin.... I got two second places in 4th cat crits and the average speed wasn't much more than 36.5km/h. So I'm now 3rd cat but am way off anywhere near competitive with the majority of 3rd cat riders.

    24mph average solo???? I can only just about manage 19mph moving avg on my own on the open road - which can't be much different to soloing on a race surely.

    How have you not got the points from those races to move up to 3rd cat? Or did you not have a race license?

  • La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 day 10 hours agoNot many Spaniards to choose

    Not many Spaniards to choose from. Thinking

    Pardilla
    Txurruka
    Navarro

    Hoping to beat my 2nd place in the Tour de France "pick 3" comp.

  • La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 day 10 hours agoMate Landa Lulu Sanchez

    Mate
    Landa
    Lulu Sanchez

  • La Vuelta - pick three Spaniards forum comp.1 day 10 hours agoNieve, Navarro and Arroyo plz

    Nieve, Navarro and Arroyo plz