- Fizik saddles on ebay - is this legit?1 day 9 hours agoIf you have to ask the
If you have to ask the question I think you already know the answer.
You would like to believe it's the genuine article, but remember : if it's too good to be true, it's not true.
- Women's ITT1 day 9 hours agoWhat I tell you 3 times must
What I tell you 3 times must be true
- Do you wear cycling gloves?1 day 9 hours agoI didn't realise how many
I didn't realise how many pros don't wear them. I bet the teams would prefer it if they wore them, more sponsor advertising!
- 6 reasons to use Strava1 day 9 hours agoThere seems to be a lot of
There seems to be a lot of negativity about Strava but I think it is fantastic (equally so is MapMyRide/Run). I love coming in nad seeing how I have done and which segments I have improved on.
I like comparing segments from last year and seeing my improvements.
I like seeing how my peers do on the same segments as me.
PS I will never have a KOM but so what.
Fine if you dont want to use it but many people do enjoy it and there is nothing wrong with that
- Video shows cyclist hitting pothole and somersaulting into parked car1 day 9 hours agoEffort.
- Video: Cyclist somersaults after colliding with wheelchair1 day 9 hours agoAh, "Birmingham".
- Video: Cyclist somersaults after colliding with wheelchair1 day 9 hours agoI wouldn't say it looked like
I wouldn't say it looked like the kid did it on purpose! You can tell from his body language and facial expression that he wasn't expecting the cyclist!
- Video: Cyclist somersaults after colliding with wheelchair1 day 9 hours agoJamminatrix wrote:TrisexualsJamminatrix wrote:
Trisexuals doing 50km in dense urban areas... Not advisable, but it's still not their fault if they're following laws.
Indeed. I mean, it's actually only 38kmh. Or, if you like, 5 mph less than the motorised speed limit...........
- Win! one of three sets of Moon lights worth over £100 each!1 day 10 hours agoYes please
- Win! one of three sets of Moon lights worth over £100 each!1 day 10 hours agoHope this isn't too late…
Hope this isn't too late…
- Win! one of three sets of Moon lights worth over £100 each!1 day 10 hours agolighten up.
- Just in: Reilly T325 titanium road bike1 day 10 hours agoI own a couple of Reilly
I own a couple of Reilly frames and mine look like an enigma, a bianchi, a trek, a specialised.... and even a chinarello, in so much they are both 3 triangles with some bits added.That is where it ends.
For me it was about service, understanding and a sensitivity to customer needs and paying a reasonable price for quality. Companies come and go, but it's people who make them.
Whilst I will beat a Reilly drum as I will always justify my purchases to myself and my wife of course, how it rides, the shaping of the tubes, the finish, the custom nature and the whole buying experience was nothing like any other bike company for me.
I would do it all again the same and knowing the person who built the bike is so much more personal, I don't care to spend '000's on a frame that was built for tens of pounds overseas.
That said it's not for everyone, but well done to road.cc for bringing different options and attention to artisan builders who compliment the marketing of the big brands. This one was my choice, there will be others I am sure. T
- Video: Cyclist somersaults after colliding with wheelchair1 day 10 hours agoWell I'd be off down to the
Well I'd be off down to the police station with that, looks entirely deliberate and premeditated, usually called assault.
- Video: Cyclist somersaults after colliding with wheelchair1 day 10 hours agoEveryone got lucky in that
Everyone got lucky in that incident. If it had been the BMW following that the kid ran out in front of though...
- World Championships1 day 10 hours agoAragonite wrote:Race beginsAragonite wrote:
Race begins at 18.30 UK time...
Transfer window says shuts 21:00 UK time, but is now closed when race started.
- Van Nicholas introduces brand new Boreas titanium road bike1 day 10 hours agoMeets the needs of an Audax
Meets the needs of an Audax Racer - really?
1. They do a proper UK Audax bike already - the Yukon, guards, clearance etc.
2. Audax is, by all definitions, not a race. Mostly
- Sealskinz Women's Winter Gloves1 day 10 hours agoMADDNESS! 4 women in this
MADDNESS! 4 women in this house, all human, with human, child bearing hands. Love to know what specific difference there is to MAN glove?
Female specific Shorts Definitely ,
- Van Nicholas introduces brand new Boreas titanium road bike1 day 10 hours agoWelsh boy wrote:I think theWelsh boy wrote:
I think the fact that none of the pros do use titanium frames speaks volumes.
It tells you something, but not that titanium can't be used for racing, if that's what you're suggesting.
Pros will ride what they're sponsors give them, by and large
- Recon Jet Black - Heads Up Display Smart Eyewear1 day 10 hours agoGood review and quiet to the
Good review and quiet to the point on some of the Iimitations, as an owner / wearer I'll just tag on some thoughts.
I initially worried about the blind spots, and it should be noted they say it's designed that way due to the majority of the world being right eye dominant, not what side of the road we drive on. However it is a limitation in the UK, but something you very quickly get used too by turning you head more and you could link to a rear pointing go pro if your really lazy.
In terms of the battery, at first you tend to run the battery out quicker looking at it all the time as its a novelty, but if you connect it to your phone (to use its GPs) and use it correctly you'll get longer. I now have a spare battery too and if need be take a power bar too, it automatically saves too, so no issues with a power down.
A recent update has included auto-pause which works petectly with no loss on average speed.
The two major pluses are not having to look at your stem when powering up a hill or hitting it hard on a flat and not having to faff taking gloves off to use it.
I'm usually a 2nd gen adopter but took the plunge and I'll never look back at garmin.
- Win! one of three sets of Moon lights worth over £100 each!1 day 10 hours agodark nights, moon lights!
dark nights, moon lights!
you didn't see that coming did you?
no coz you need moon lights!
- Van Nicholas introduces brand new Boreas titanium road bike1 day 11 hours agoI think the fact that none of
I think the fact that none of the pros do use titanium frames speaks volumes.
- Why do cyclists wear gloves?1 day 11 hours agoOnly wear gloves for track or
Only wear gloves for track or if riding in a large group or with inexperienced riders (not including 4th cat races despite the inability to ride in a group some people have). In cold weather gloves are a must and I as I don't have a lot of money to invest I've heard that latex surgical gloves hold heat well in the winter. Did cut my hands open when I crashed at fairly slow speeds back in 2011/2012 but I was a newbie to cycling and also I probably overexaggerated back then (I was about 13/14) I also didn't know about Rule #5
- Multi-million pound cycling investment for Preston as part of City Deal1 day 11 hours agoGreat news for Preston and
Great news for Preston and for the local cycling community!
- Why do cyclists wear gloves?1 day 11 hours agoSo to recap:
I haven't heard
So to recap:
I haven't heard anyone ever say that their gloves either contributed to a crash or caused additional injury.
Those who have crashed without gloves mostly seem to have come to the conclusion that gloves would have saved them some pain and consequently now wear them.
Those who have yet to crash / are convinced of their inability to have a crash seem less convinced of the benefits of gloves.
Some are just full of snot.
- BikeVault: can smart technology combat city centre bike theft? + video1 day 11 hours agoOK, this is cool, but the
OK, this is cool, but the model needs to be one of public free use. No way would I agree to giving up public space for a private business to make money, no matter how virtuous.
Just go the Dutch model. Ride a bike that's not attractive to thieves. Lock it to anything immovable with a huge chain worth more than the bike. Frequently forget it exists. Occasionally have it dredged from a canal. Rinse & repeat.
NOTE: it's 1736 and There Has Been Red Wine. Opinions own. No discourse entered into etc etc